cherry cocaine
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 PM

Since the Kindle came out, I've been one of those people convinced that an e-reader would just not compare to having an actual book in my hand. I've been doing a lot of traveling lately though, and am a little tired of lugging around several books because I'm not sure which one I'll want to read next. Also, the option to download a book immediately, without having to leave my home or wherever I am, is appealing, as is the fact that I might be less inclined to spend money on books I won't read- which is a bad habit of mine when I go into bookstores. So finally, I am considering getting an e-reader.

I came across a webpage that listed the pros and cons of several different e-readers but sadly can't find it right now. My reading led me to believe that the Kindle would be my best choice for me personally- it doesn't have a lot of glare like some of the other ones, and is supposed to be the most "book-like" out of all of them. I was also considering the Nook color because it would be neat to be able to download magazines for those times when I want to read, but don't really want to get involved in a book (and most magazine would be pretty boring in black and white).

I've considered getting an iPad, because then I could just download .pdfs of the books that I wanted... but I like the idea of an e-reader because it DOESN'T have internet on it for browsing (which is way too distracting for an internet junkie like me).

Do you have an e-reader? If so, which one do you have, and what do you like and dislike about it?

If you don't have one and would like one, and money was not an issue, which one would you get, and why?

Or do you not see yourself getting an e-reader, possibly because it just wouldn't compare to having a book in your hand?

EDIT; Grrr, I just realized there is another thread about this very topic, so mods, feel free to delete :(

Last edited by cherry cocaine; 01-16-2011 at 10:42 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 AM

I'll go ahead and lock this up, but feel free to post about e-readers in the original thread. ;D
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...ook-other.html