Elyka
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 AM

So, about a year ago my sister introduced me to the book Nightlife. I read it and instantly fell in love with the characters (more specifically Cal). In a way it's kind of like the television series Supernatural, though I think actually the Cal and Niko books came out first. xD; Anyway.

I've read the first...four books maybe. Is Roadkill the fifth one? Hm. Well, I'm currently reading the fifth (maybe) book. I'm about 30 pages away from finishing it, but I'm trying to hold off on it. Why? Because it'll be awhile until the next one comes out and I'm not ready to end it just yet. Especially if there is going to be a cliff hanger or something awful like that. x_x

My favorite character in the whole series is Cal though his older brother is definitely a close second. I love the comparisons Cal makes to Niko as being a "ninja". Ahah. I'm not entirely sure why I love Cal so much...he's a bit (okay A LOT) on the angsty side, but something about him just draws me to him. I love the relationship between the brothers, the whole they'd-do-anything-at-all-to-help-the-other thing. It's like your typical sibling relationship multiplied by a billion and two. I also love the fact that even though they /do/ have that super-sibling-bond thing, they still actually joke around and tease each other like normal siblings. I dunno. It just kinda makes me go 'Aw~'.

Anyway. Any thoughts on the series? :3 Love it, hate it, don't know it (READ IT), etc?