xemsax
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to xemsax

Old 08-08-2008, 05:30 PM

Starting a new chat thread here because I am terrible at inserting myself into a pre-existing conversation. I'm coming into the event late so I'm desperate for a chat. Haha.

How about a topic? Anyone ever login to Mene (or anywhere else for that matter) ready to earn some gold the good old fashion way, but discover you have poster's block? I hate it when that happens personally, I talk a ridiculous amount in real life, but I can never think of anything to say online. D:

Catching some sleeps, chat away my pretties chat away!! Muahahahaha!

Last edited by xemsax; 08-10-2008 at 07:08 AM..

Ichigo Kurosaki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 PM

That sounds like most people. It's hard to, in your words, 'instert yourself nto a pre-existing conversation.'
I totally agree with you on the poster's block. It's a pain. :(

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM

It really is; I get discouraged and end up logging off or playing tetris. It is less rewarding to get that long desired item with game-gold though.

Sapphire Rein
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Sapphire Rein Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphire Rein

Old 08-08-2008, 05:42 PM

*rolls through* Why so late to the event if I may ask? <3

Ichigo Kurosaki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM

Exactly. I find its too difficult, I don't even bother going into the forums most times. I just go and play 'Chopper Challenge'.
True. But sometimes it is much quicker.

Zukin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Zukin

Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 PM

I think I have that, hehe.

I always have a hard time thinking up things to talk about.

I'm just not that interesting.

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Sapphire Rein - Mainly a combination of having to fill in shifts for absent co-workers, and obsessively watching every available episode of Torchwood. I only just checked my e-mail today. I know it is shameful.

Ichigo Kurosaki - Quicker it certainly is! But one does want to connect with other people from time to time. I also have the gaming skills of a two-year old at best, Tetris is the only game I can play long enough to get gold worth the trouble. Hahaha.

Zukin - I'm sure it isn't a matter of not being interesting! It is just that silly poster's block! :D

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM

I post wayyy more than I play Tetris.

I'd much rather chat with my buddies on here than sit and press arrow keys. :'D

I've never had a poster's block before. o-o
For me, I just click a thread, hop in, and post "Hallo. ^^"
That usually gets a conversation started with "HOw are you?" then we go on from there. ;D

Dejection
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Dejection Send a message via Yahoo to Dejection

Old 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM

I am usually a pretty good conversationalist. I have a lot of weird stories and experiences, so it's not too hard for me. And I'm friendly.

But I usually post even if I don't have anything much to say. Most people don't, either, so I don't feel out of place or anything XD

Zukin
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm not good at the chopper challenge.

I keep crashing into things.

Dumb Zukin is dumb.

Monstryk
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM

I never stay in chat threads, I just look at interesting threads and post and leave.

:/

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM

Winter Wind - Oh I do envy the easiness of your manner!

Dejection - Maybe I'm too shy then? At any rate interesting stories are gold, sometimes literally!

Zukin - Try Tetris? I can't play Copper Challenge either! Hahaha.

Monstryk - That is still better the lurking. *nod*

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM

:) Xem...I have the same problem sometimes. Other times I just go right into it...especially if its something that I'm passionate about. Like knitting, art, writing, or music. :)

Zukin
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2008, 05:57 PM

I should try Tetris, I play it a lot on my phone.

I've been on Mene forever I just keep forgetting it's here so I don't have as much gold anymore. XD

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Immortaleyes - You knit? That is really cool. I keep trying to learn but it have a really hard time keeping everything loose. I do it too tightly and after a few minutes I can't go on. I like to sew though; my hems are getting straighter and cleaner which makes me really happy.

Zukin - Give it a try!
I signed up two or three months after it was started, but I haven't been the most attentive member.
Something always seems to come up IRL.

Zukin
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 PM

@Immortaleyes - I've been trying to learn to knit, I'm horrible at it though.

I want to make things for my Dollfie. DX

Rosebleed
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Rosebleed

Old 08-08-2008, 06:07 PM

Mleh. I get that alot, and following what you said in the first post I also hate going into threads where there are existing conversations! I feel like i'm invading some secret cult or something... (ok I might be exaggerating a little bit, but hey! Why not???)
Hello by the way, how are you all?

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Rosebleed - I know! I feel the same, everyone knows each other and are throwing around inside jokes you'd have to read twenty pages of dialogue to understand.

Also: I am doing just fine. I randomly ran into that god thing and got a new item. It was pretty neat. How are you?

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 08-08-2008, 06:19 PM

Zukin: If you find someone who will teach you that will be helpful. I had a teacher for the first year...and then after that I just went off on my own. I've been knitting for about 12 years now...maybe longer. And just who is Dolfie?

Rosebleed: Why hello there! welcome.

Rosebleed
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Yes yes. It sucks when that happens. Whats worse is if they completely ignore you altogether!
Goodgood, I am also fine, except in certain threads i dont seem to collect stars and I cant work out why! *scratches head in puzzlement* is puzzlement even a word? :sweat:
I still need loads of stars. I got behind because I didn't realise I wasnt collecting them. lol.

Hello immortal! I like your name, how are you?

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:29 PM

Rosebleed - I've only collected roughly four stars so far. Nearly twenty tokens though! That must have been quite disappointing when you found out the stars weren't collecting like they should have been.

Rosebleed
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Heh. I'm not as far behind as you ^_^ I'm only 4 stars short of the final item so far ;)
How comes your so far behind! Do you like the event items?

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 PM

I do like the items, I've been absent from Menewsha for a few weeks and when I came back the event was in full swing. That was...oh two hours ago maybe?

Rosebleed
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Ohh. Well I only joined mene like a week ago. I love this site. although due to commitments outside of the net I cant spend that much time on here D:
I think the new clue must be out.. the star things turned orange... I'll go check it out D:

xemsax
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Welcome to Mene then! I'm the same: real life comes first, but it is good to know there is somewhere like this to play around on from time to time.