When was the last time you were here? :O
and you like the change? XD

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 07-18-2009, 12:45 AM

I only see a few exchangers. XD

Hey Seiki. :B Haven't seen you in awhile, either.
Everyone keeps wondering if you're really banned. XD

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-18-2009, 12:47 AM

Oooh, a green clover hairpin~ :D
I'll wait and see what you're looking for later and see if I can offer on it. :3

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-18-2009, 12:47 AM

XD I'm an 07 member, but you may not remember me. We didn't talk much.

Also, I used to be Amari Tsuki, not Cami.

Nesseh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post

-cough Me cough-
i almost had a panic attack lmfaoooo XDDDD

Alexi
Hiatus - Forever an Exchanger
Send a message via MSN to Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 12:49 AM

lol You're included in there you know. I see what you're doing with Windy. :ninja: And with the F shirt too!

@Nesseh - It is a great change! I am happy to see that it is still a smaller/nice community than Gaia. But the art on the site is much better. And it seems more organized. One of my good friends from Gaia is now modding, which is weird but neat! He's the reason I came back to visit, since he was boggled at the items I apparently had. lol

There is also an infinitely more diverse selection of stuff to get. Not to mention look at how cheap it all is. o_o I was expecting things to be 40K+ each item in the store. But nope. Not to mention the CI's now have multiple equips, and one CI can be all the equip at once?

Trying to sell some smaller things on Gaia as it still somewhat appeals to me and I want to invest in the correct items, but I'll probably hang out here more often.

@Siri - Alright thank you. :) I look forward to your offer and appreciate you stopping by.

As for what I'm interested in, it seems as if all the stuff I'm interested in is small items. I can't see all the poses available for anything pre-September 08 on the announcements for some reason, so I'm just looking for decent offers in general that contain sets of collectibles that I may not be able to attain later on.

That and a decent amount of pure to buy some items with. Anything from my buying list that's thrown in would be cool too. I doubt I'd ever use a mask, though I thought about it initially - covers the face too much. So that's out of the picture, and I would rather not have duplicate items from what I currently own (like another crown would be kind of redundant since I have both). But other than that, anything else is fair game I think.

I am somewhat partial to white/black/gold/red items. >.> I will say that right away.

@Cami - I recognize that name! I didn't talk with many people back then, except people in the art forum or in random discussions I went into. Good to see another 07 here. *hifive*

Last edited by Alexi; 07-18-2009 at 12:54 AM..

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 12:53 AM

Cami: That was you? o: Both Cami and Amari is familiar, though. xP I just didn't know you were both the same person. XD

Alexi: What am I doing with Windy? XD I'm just questing the Female shirt to get all the rares. :P

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 AM

hehe Offering to buy some items from her since she's trying to get pure gold for offering to me. I feel bad, I didn't know she was wanting this item and after I checked her offer, I am pretty sure someone out there could beat it.

If only I had the forethought to have stocked multiple pins. :/ Though I think at the time it was frowned on to get more than two.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM

Ah, I didn't realize Windy was going after one of the pins.
Since I already have the gold pin, I'll back off. :3

Sorries~

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM

Haha, yeah. I like those items though, maybe I can make a mini-hoard. xD

Yeah, especially Kin.

And Eroy's the one with the crown & mask offer, by the way. :)

Oh, really? Ah well, when the site first started, everything was strict with expectations and what not, so I'm not too surprised there was kind of a reputation limit. XD

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 01:06 AM

@Siri - She apparently has the Gold Pin as well! :3 I did some background checking. *is weird* I shouldn't feel so bad, but she was really nice when I posted around in this exchange when I started visiting yesterday. She is a nice person. ^^

@Aero - hehe True! I'm sure they are also good to offer with + some pure for other items, seems to me anyway from my old exchanging experience that angelic/demonic items + pure is tempting to many people.

Out of any items, if I were to guess, those would be the ones that may increase in price the quickest I think. Anything with horns/wings/tail seems to be a good thing. (Though maybe not so much Tail on this site maybe, as it is more "realistic.")

But that's just me theorycrafting and getting too into an economy I know nothing about yet. :3

Kin's offer is tempting as I can just choose whatever. The problem with me choosing whatever is...I'm not sure if I would be a good judge of each item or know what I'm getting. Eroy's offer with Crown and Mask was tempting in some ways, because I was thinking maybe the mask would be cool. But I tried it on the sim and it didn't seem to look too good. I'd likely have to sell them both anyway then. And I'm not sure I'm interested in doing that.

So: That's why I'm looking for a nice combination of pure and good CI's and EI's. I'm even willing to consider taking offers that have items I really don't like, in hopes that I can sell them later on to do a similar thing and get some commons. But I really still think that if I just get what I want out of the way, I can easily earn commons day by day. It doesn't seem like it would be such a hard thing to do.

/inserts the epic walls of text Alexi is known for XD

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 AM

Alexi: Ah, except for Headwings. They seem to have dimmed down, even though they're expensive (ish)

Ah, perhaps. The reaction from the CIs last month were horrible, though. That either means not allot are in circulation, or they're just not going to be wanted. I hope it's the not allot in circulation one, cause I have one. xP Just one...that's why I'm getting another. XD

Haha, mene economy is allot like the US economy right now. No one wants to buy anything! XD With money, that is.

If you need help with the items, I could, but what are you thinking about judging in terms of the items? Whether they'd inflate, or not?

Commons are really easy to get, especially with the easily earned 1k a day from games. I wouldn't worry too much about commons, a few thousand or maybe 10k is good enough to buy an outfit or two, maybe more depending on what you think is a complete avatar. XD

Hahaha, my replies are usually short unless I get long replies. xB

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 07-18-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:

I'm always amused when people freak out about that. I mean, really, if you look at my profile, you can still leave comments, and I post daily. If I were banned, you guys would know for sure, either because I would be on the site complaining about it or because I would probably just disappear.

I don't think that it would ever come to my being banned on Mene. I've only ever received one warning for copy/pasting when I took over Project Mene for Donna and it was only a temp one, though not as temp as what people got later for their first copy/paste infractions. I know the rules too well on Menewsha to break them. Its what happens when you are part of staff. They just get engraved in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
The Whalecow is Musa and Tirael's baby. :O I wonder if they are still around.

The Tetris gives me 500 gold per day it looks like, x 2 from 2 accounts (max 1 mule still right?) so that's the 1K per day. ^^

Haha Well, the more I invest in time on here the worse off I am in real life! So keep me in check will you, if you see me going nuts? But there are people here that are professional exchangers already. I am sure that I would be eaten alive!

That's amazing how many commons you have! o_o I would love to have that many to work with. If that's the case, and you still haven't gotten it all, I have no chance to get them all - even if they are cheap, there's too many of them. :3

Well, I'm visiting so at least we can chat a bit! I have WoW raiding to do later, and this dumb paper I'm supposed to write but can't start. So I have some time right now.
There really aren't that many exchangers here. Well, I mean there are, but they're not really abundant. I think if we had a vend on Menewsha, it would probably be a different story, though I think that people are smart enough on Menewsha not to abuse the vend as a way to make gold here. At least, they won't abuse it until well after the feature has been around. I personally want one just to look up more commons. You can never have too many!

And seriously. I took the time a few hundred commons back to see how much I had invested in commons and it was like 600k or something. That's a lot of pure seeing as how I don't really buy commons in the exchange. I just go straight to the stores. Its easier to get what I want there. I still have a ton more items that I could sell for more gold, but I'm taking my time. I don't want to think about organizing my inventory if I just had tons and tons of pure to spend. Its a little dated but this was my inventory as of late May.

And of course I'll keep you in line! We don't want you to waste your entire life on Menewsha! Gotta take care of more important things first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
XD I'm an 07 member, but you may not remember me. We didn't talk much.

Also, I used to be Amari Tsuki, not Cami.
I remember when that was your username. That feels like so long ago!

Quote:
lol You're included in there you know. I see what you're doing with Windy. :ninja: And with the F shirt too!

@Nesseh - It is a great change! I am happy to see that it is still a smaller/nice community than Gaia. But the art on the site is much better. And it seems more organized. One of my good friends from Gaia is now modding, which is weird but neat! He's the reason I came back to visit, since he was boggled at the items I apparently had. lol

There is also an infinitely more diverse selection of stuff to get. Not to mention look at how cheap it all is. o_o I was expecting things to be 40K+ each item in the store. But nope. Not to mention the CI's now have multiple equips, and one CI can be all the equip at once?

Trying to sell some smaller things on Gaia as it still somewhat appeals to me and I want to invest in the correct items, but I'll probably hang out here more often.

@Siri - Alright thank you. :) I look forward to your offer and appreciate you stopping by.

As for what I'm interested in, it seems as if all the stuff I'm interested in is small items. I can't see all the poses available for anything pre-September 08 on the announcements for some reason, so I'm just looking for decent offers in general that contain sets of collectibles that I may not be able to attain later on.

That and a decent amount of pure to buy some items with. Anything from my buying list that's thrown in would be cool too. I doubt I'd ever use a mask, though I thought about it initially - covers the face too much. So that's out of the picture, and I would rather not have duplicate items from what I currently own (like another crown would be kind of redundant since I have both). But other than that, anything else is fair game I think.

I am somewhat partial to white/black/gold/red items. >.> I will say that right away.

@Cami - I recognize that name! I didn't talk with many people back then, except people in the art forum or in random discussions I went into. Good to see another 07 here. *hifive*
If you look through this thread, there are like five or six 07 users in here haha.

Quote:
Haha, yeah. I like those items though, maybe I can make a mini-hoard. xD

Yeah, especially Kin.

And Eroy's the one with the crown & mask offer, by the way. :)

Oh, really? Ah well, when the site first started, everything was strict with expectations and what not, so I'm not too surprised there was kind of a reputation limit. XD
But then again, it was much harder to get multiples of items when the site was so new. The Pattys 07 items for example you had to buy, and earning gold was so hard at that point in time and the prices were so high that we could hardly afford a single set let alone extras. Posting gave us hardly anything at the time and that was really the only way to earn gold. Its a shame too because it would be great if we had a larger supply of early EIs to distribute amongst the site.

Edit, and along the lines of earning an outfit, most good outfits cost anywhere between 4-8k on average, so Aero is right about being able to get a couple good outfits with 10k. I think you stick with your outfits a long time though. If you plan on cosplaying Alexi on Mene, there are already a lot of good items that would work for her as far as creating an outfit based on her character would go. You kept the same outfit with small mods on it forever on Gaia!

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2009 at 01:21 AM..

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I'm always amused when people freak out about that. I mean, really, if you look at my profile, you can still leave comments, and I post daily. If I were banned, you guys would know for sure, either because I would be on the site complaining about it or because I would probably just disappear.
Haha, which is how I knew you weren't banned. Some people are just like, -panic- and don't think about it.

Smart, what you did though. Funny. XD
Quote:
But then again, it was much harder to get multiples of items when the site was so new. The Pattys 07 items for example you had to buy, and earning gold was so hard at that point in time and the prices were so high that we could hardly afford a single set let alone extras. Posting gave us hardly anything at the time and that was really the only way to earn gold. Its a shame too because it would be great if we had a larger supply of early EIs to distribute amongst the site.
That's true, there would have had to be people to talk to, to earn gold. And I'm guessing that there weren't many people, either. xD

Good thing the auctions around, though.

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 01:20 AM

I remember when I would get a full 20-50 gold (whatever it was) per post back when Mene was first out. lol For absolutely no reason other than the fact that I posted epic posts. You should have seen me on Gaia more often, that was a sight to see.

But yes, the realization that commons are easy to get is what spurs me into thinking I should collect the CI/EI's before they rocket in price. Not that I think they're going to rocket, but you know what I mean - special/limited items are always going to naturally go up in price over time, so long as the population grows at a certain rate.

I'm not surprised that the CI's last month were low. I don't think they registered to me as "awesome" when I took a look at it real quick, but it's probably more like what you're thinking. Maybe too many people donating, not enough people buying? Plus, with Mene, I'm sure a LOT of money gets eaten by the system just when people go and buy commons. o_O

In terms of the help with items, I'd appreciate it. Partly for the prediction of what it might do later, or assessment of rarity, but also just to let me know what they do.

I wouldn't know if an item gives you horns or not, or if an item does this or that. (Or really, it would be a pain to check the price guide over and over) If someone said July 08 CI, I would be like "which one is that?" See what I mean?

Honestly though, I can probably manage - so long as the price guide is still somewhat accurate and all. I am just lazy! :3 And I have less time than I used to to do these things.

Seiki Nova

Old 07-18-2009, 01:25 AM

It was probably still only in the hundreds of users during the Pattys event. I was user 674 I believe and the Pattys event was a few weeks after I joined I think? There weren't a lot of people to talk to haha.

Alexi, the Evil Overlord CI has horns as an equip-able option. Are you planning on cosplaying Alexi for your avatar here? There are actually a lot of good items that would work for her here. I can help you pick out items that would make the best combinations if you'd like since you don't really have a great knowledge about the items here yet.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 01:28 AM

Wow, xD I don't remember when you could get 50 gold, but man. xD
It's how you got the thousands of gold way back then, though. xB

Oh, there are a few CIs which I think will be steady. Allot of things, I'm not sure about. Like, I didn't think the masks would rise that high. XD

They asked for advice on the CIs, and I gave it to them. Basically, I said the Peeblo isn't something you'd usually have in an avatar. It looks like a decoration, or something for the site. xP Allot of money gets eaten, but they're still trying to reduce inflation. 300k (10months of 1k a day) for a hairpin is quite the time, to earn what we could've gotten for a month back then. Earning gold now, is much slower than the rate things are increasing at. I'm fine, though. XD Except for the Welcome Tee, I'm all caught up. :B

Haha, sure! If you want to borrow my items to look at, I can let you do that too. :B I've been doing that with my cousin recently. It helps her see if she really wants to buy them right now, because she's also trying to catch up with the rares. Kinda in your position, except doesn't have any "big ticket" items to give up. You're lucky, in that area. XD

Oh, I still have to check the price guide for those things. I don't remember everything, I just remember the popular ones, like March 08 = Headwings, November = Pirate/Ninja set (which you should try to get, they seem very inflatable), but I remember all of 07. xD My active year.

The price guide is actually very accurate, I'd say. The only thing you have trouble with are the valentines items and the st patricks items, since they're rarely sold. Oh, maybe the masks too.

Seiki; Man, you're quite the oldbie. XD I didn't know you joined that late.

But was this like, right after the valentine's event? Do you remember if you had the set that early, or did you just ignore the fact that they'd inflate? xP

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
If I were banned, you guys would know for sure, either because I would be on the site complaining about it or because I would probably just disappear.

I don't think that it would ever come to my being banned on Mene. I've only ever received one warning for copy/pasting when I took over Project Mene for Donna and it was only a temp one, though not as temp as what people got later for their first copy/paste infractions. I know the rules too well on Menewsha to break them. Its what happens when you are part of staff. They just get engraved in your head.
I shouldn't be surprised you were on staff. :3 But that's weird that people thought you were banned? That doesn't make much sense!

Quote:
There really aren't that many exchangers here. Well, I mean there are, but they're not really abundant. I think if we had a vend on Menewsha, it would probably be a different story, though I think that people are smart enough on Menewsha not to abuse the vend as a way to make gold here. At least, they won't abuse it until well after the feature has been around. I personally want one just to look up more commons. You can never have too many!
Well, making money with the vend wouldn't be such a bad thing. Unless you mean when people artificially inflate prices. o_O It seems to me that the community is small enough that this isn't a possibility. Someone would know, and if there's such a low amount of exchangers, there probably is no way for them to get away with it. hehe.

Quote:
And seriously. I took the time a few hundred commons back to see how much I had invested in commons and it was like 600k or something. That's a lot of pure seeing as how I don't really buy commons in the exchange. I just go straight to the stores. Its easier to get what I want there. I still have a ton more items that I could sell for more gold, but I'm taking my time. I don't want to think about organizing my inventory if I just had tons and tons of pure to spend. Its a little dated but this was my inventory as of late May.
I'm sure that I'd be happier just buying from the store as well. But 600K?! That's insane! That's probably more than I'm worth now. o_o *boggled* But that's what you get for actually being active the entire time, unlike lazy me who went hiatus for a couple years both here and on Gaia.

Quote:
And of course I'll keep you in line! We don't want you to waste your entire life on Menewsha! Gotta take care of more important things first!

If you look through this thread, there are like five or six 07 users in here haha.

I think that some people felt like they didn't want to win too much off of the Patty or V-day event threads, even though it was certainly possible to. But you're right - in many ways, a lot of us probably knew that we could benefit if we bought the items from the store (4K each?) and then sit on them. But as for me, the Card Game did me in. You remember those times. >.>

Quote:
Edit, and along the lines of earning an outfit, most good outfits cost anywhere between 4-8k on average, so Aero is right about being able to get a couple good outfits with 10k. I think you stick with your outfits a long time though. If you plan on cosplaying Alexi on Mene, there are already a lot of good items that would work for her as far as creating an outfit based on her character would go. You kept the same outfit with small mods on it forever on Gaia!
Yep I do tend to stick with my outfits a lot. :3 Hence, why I am so picky it seems on what I intend on buying. At the same time, I have a completionist in me that wants all the items. Silly huh? But either way, I'll have fun just posting around and buying random things at times. That's just how I am. You'll probably see me running around with a ton of pure in my account, and then next thing you know I'm hacked. :/ I can see that happening already. XD

Seiki Nova

Old 07-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Speaking of which, I actually just sold a Gold Clover Hairpin the other day for about 116k. The guide says 145k, but its hard to find buyers with offers that high.

We can actually change a setting in our profile and put a little blurb there under our username. Mine says "Banned" exactly like a Banned account does so it confuses people, but I'm not really banned.

I would like to think that users here would know better than to try and vend the same way that vending on Gaia is done. It wouldn't make sense, and I'm sure that the staff would be better at enforcing the regulation of the vend than Gaia's is regulated.

You're worth more than that. The V-Day hairpin alone is worth 300k+. Your current outfit is at least 800k. Easy. 600k in commons for me is around 400g per common. Which is amazing haha.

Oh the card game. I had lucky days and unlucky days with that game. I remember once I sat there and got something like 19 wins in a row or something. Granted I only got like 60g out of it that time, but I was still shocked that I made that many wins.

Hackings don't really happen on Mene. If they do, they're rectified quickly because the staff actually look into things.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 07-18-2009 at 01:37 AM..

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 AM

Good gravy marie, the day I run off for a whole day a hairpin seller comes along.

However, I see you've already seen my offer, so all I really have to add is that I have about 20k pure also to throw in, give or take (mostly give).

I also want to add that I am spastically excited at the prospect of buying your hairpin. :P

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 AM

Oh, it was reserved for someone. I forgot who.

Does that mean you no longer have a Gold Clover Pin? x-x

Edit: Lol, Alexi and Kin are both tempting eachother. XD

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Wow, xD I don't remember when you could get 50 gold, but man. xD
It's how you got the thousands of gold way back then, though. xB
Reason I got thousands of gold is because I was crazy and did the card game! :3 Which kicked me in the face because I won 30K, then I lost it all because they made me lose like 15 times in a row. How does that even happen? :/

Quote:
Oh, there are a few CIs which I think will be steady. Allot of things, I'm not sure about. Like, I didn't think the masks would rise that high. XD
I still don't think I'm attracted by the masks, I'm not one to judge but in my opinion they are too high for my tastes. I would rather have a lot of commons than that I think now that I've seen it on my avatar in the simulator that was nicely provided to me earlier.

Quote:
They asked for advice on the CIs, and I gave it to them. Basically, I said the Peeblo isn't something you'd usually have in an avatar. It looks like a decoration, or something for the site. xP Allot of money gets eaten, but they're still trying to reduce inflation. 300k (10months of 1k a day) for a hairpin is quite the time, to earn what we could've gotten for a month back then. Earning gold now, is much slower than the rate things are increasing at. I'm fine, though. XD Except for the Welcome Tee, I'm all caught up. :B
That must be nice to have all the items. ^^ They didn't use to have the 500 gold limit on what you can earn on the minigames, though they only had the card minigame at the time. But anyway, as for the inflation thing: You're right, it is a lot of work. However, the competition for it must be insane and also, items in offers can inflate in price at the same time, leading to higher Pin offers.

A lot of times, people wonder why they can't just earn up a set amount of money and buy the pin, as if it was from an NPC store. But it's just that, more people interested, more money over time, prices will be higher. I'm sure the Pin isn't even just 300K now. It's got to go higher than that next time it's sold I am sure.

It's interesting though how many people had like a hoard of them or other items. At least it was suspected that it was that way. In the past, they simply gave the creator of an item multiple copies of it to do as they wanted with it.

Quote:
Haha, sure! If you want to borrow my items to look at, I can let you do that too. :B I've been doing that with my cousin recently. It helps her see if she really wants to buy them right now, because she's also trying to catch up with the rares. Kinda in your position, except doesn't have any "big ticket" items to give up. You're lucky, in that area. XD
Oh nono that's okay I don't like to borrow haha. I can use the little mini-creator I downloaded. But yeah, I do think I'm lucky to have at least the Patty Pins to give up. Having had them since the beginning, they don't send me the allure they must do for others that never had them for a couple years. I just don't see the trick to em that makes them so cool. o_o

But the V-day Pin is something I love and will never give up, evar. :3

Quote:
Oh, I still have to check the price guide for those things. I don't remember everything, I just remember the popular ones, like March 08 = Headwings, November = Pirate/Ninja set (which you should try to get, they seem very inflatable), but I remember all of 07. xD My active year.
Yeah the price guide lists them, again it's just me being lazy and hating to scroll through it. I'll just probably have to copy them down somewhere and post them on my wall.

Quote:
The price guide is actually very accurate, I'd say. The only thing you have trouble with are the valentines items and the st patricks items, since they're rarely sold. Oh, maybe the masks too.
I guess that won't be a problem for me, since I'm just selling a Patty item and then I don't have to worry about the * items in there that are rarely sold.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 AM

Alexi: /high fives/ XD I think I mostly stuck to the quest forum back then.

Aero: Yep! Changed my name forever ago though. While I was Amari Tsuki, I had in my sig, "Call me Cami" and no one ever saw it. XD So I was always pointing at my sig and correcting people. Eventually decided it made no sense and just decided to change my name. I'd used Amari Tsuki for forever though. It was my name on Gaia since 2003.

I joined in June 07, so I missed V-day and Patties. Guess that counts me out of the real oldies. I avoided joining for awhile, though. Chi was trying to get me to join (we met originally on Gaia), but I kept saying, "I do not need a new avie site. I'm already obsessive with the one I do have."

Then, when I did join Mene, I pretty much transitioned completely over to only coming on here within a week.

Alexi

Old 07-18-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinmotsu View Post
Good gravy marie, the day I run off for a whole day a hairpin seller comes along.

However, I see you've already seen my offer, so all I really have to add is that I have about 20k pure also to throw in, give or take (mostly give).

I also want to add that I am spastically excited at the prospect of buying your hairpin. :P
No problem! I just want to ask you for clarification real quick though about your offer, which as I have said is probably the most tempting I've seen - do you basically have all the CI/EI's? Other than Patty and V-day 07 I mean?

That was my only confusion with that haha. I appreciate you saying that you have 20K to offer up as well - that would more than likely cover anything I want, so that's a good sum. :) (doesn't need like 50 bajillion K pure, just enough to cover current needs)

EDIT haha I see what you did now. The little quotes you have in your shop show the items only once you click on the boxes. I guess that answers the question! (is such a n00b now) I will compile a list of what I would like, and then get back to you, thanks!

Eck I keep typing size=11. I forget a lot of times that it makes text HUGE on this site.

@Seiki - Did you sell it to Windy? :) I saw she had bought a hairpin for around that price.

As for the "title" you can put under your name, that's amusing. :P Must keep people off your back when you don't want to talk though so that's good. ^^

In terms of the card game, what I would do is start out my streaks with a 5 gold bid. If I lost, I would submit a 10 gold bid. Doubled each time. Worked quite nicely for the longest time until that stupid day it kicked me in the face. :/

@Aero - haha Yeah, again his was the most tempting. Which is why I feel bad for Windy. I shouldn't, since it looks like she got a gold one already. But I wish I had two Greens, not one Gold and one Green.

Last edited by Alexi; 07-18-2009 at 01:50 AM..

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 07-18-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Reason I got thousands of gold is because I was crazy and did the card game! :3 Which kicked me in the face because I won 30K, then I lost it all because they made me lose like 15 times in a row. How does that even happen? :/
Bad luck? xD
I think the higher you bet, the better your chances.
Quote:
I still don't think I'm attracted by the masks, I'm not one to judge but in my opinion they are too high for my tastes. I would rather have a lot of commons than that I think now that I've seen it on my avatar in the simulator that was nicely provided to me earlier.
Yeah, they're way too expensive. I didn't like them at first, but the mask of atlantis is matchable, that is. XD
Quote:
That must be nice to have all the items. ^^ They didn't use to have the 500 gold limit on what you can earn on the minigames, though they only had the card minigame at the time. But anyway, as for the inflation thing: You're right, it is a lot of work. However, the competition for it must be insane and also, items in offers can inflate in price at the same time, leading to higher Pin offers.
It's pretty nice, but that means I don't have something to work for. xD Hence, you get bored and leave. xP Then come back, and whoo, you have things to stay for again. xD
But usually, they don't accept items, or at least want allot of them. Gold is priority, cause people do want commons even though they inflate. D:
Quote:
A lot of times, people wonder why they can't just earn up a set amount of money and buy the pin, as if it was from an NPC store. But it's just that, more people interested, more money over time, prices will be higher. I'm sure the Pin isn't even just 300K now. It's got to go higher than that next time it's sold I am sure.
I don't know any Pin-questers right now though. Most high ticket items, especially valentine's day items, are in the giving back auctions. (Do you know of that?) So people just wait for them there, if they want them.
Quote:

It's interesting though how many people had like a hoard of them or other items. At least it was suspected that it was that way. In the past, they simply gave the creator of an item multiple copies of it to do as they wanted with it.
Haha, nice. Did Betty get multiple copies of valentine's day items? (or pins/ sashes at least) o-o
Quote:
Oh nono that's okay I don't like to borrow haha. I can use the little mini-creator I downloaded. But yeah, I do think I'm lucky to have at least the Patty Pins to give up. Having had them since the beginning, they don't send me the allure they must do for others that never had them for a couple years. I just don't see the trick to em that makes them so cool. o_o

But the V-day Pin is something I love and will never give up, evar. :3
Haha, okay then. xP Trick to them is that they're rare, and expensive. That's good enough for all-rare questers. xD I don't see how I'd use it in an avatar, though. So I agree with you on that.
Quote:
Yeah the price guide lists them, again it's just me being lazy and hating to scroll through it. I'll just probably have to copy them down somewhere and post them on my wall.
Haha. My computer's allot faster now, so I have really easy access to them! :D
Quote:
I guess that won't be a problem for me, since I'm just selling a Patty item and then I don't have to worry about the * items in there that are rarely sold.
You basically have the * items anyways. xP Really, they just put them on expensive items.

I don't think those * should even exist, cause that's how things inflate. They're not supporting supply/demand, which means they're not in circulation. (So, it's obvious. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Aero: Yep! Changed my name forever ago though. While I was Amari Tsuki, I had in my sig, "Call me Cami" and no one ever saw it. XD So I was always pointing at my sig and correcting people. Eventually decided it made no sense and just decided to change my name. I'd used Amari Tsuki for forever though. It was my name on Gaia since 2003.

I joined in June 07, so I missed V-day and Patties. Guess that counts me out of the real oldies. I avoided joining for awhile, though. Chi was trying to get me to join (we met originally on Gaia), but I kept saying, "I do not need a new avie site. I'm already obsessive with the one I do have."

Then, when I did join Mene, I pretty much transitioned completely over to only coming on here within a week.
Haha, make a mule with Amari Tsuki, though! Don't want to forget those memories.

I missed it too, I joined later than you. I just was really active and could afford them late 07, quite a few people were selling rare items at that time.

Haha, it was basically the same for Jenny/Rhythm and I. I was completely turned off with the looks, and I was one of those people who thought Mene looked allot like Gaia. But I kept it in. XD

Last edited by Aero; 07-18-2009 at 01:54 AM..