xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"
Send a message via Yahoo to xoSarahBellaxo

Old 10-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
Happy Halloween! =D
This is your first event, right?
If it is, it's going to be a MEMORABLE one! I want to say this is probably the best event yet on this site! The staff went all out and made a separate skin for the event thread, and everything! It's great. =)
Yes it is my first event i am loving it. and yea the staff did a great job on the art nad idea;s and contests and everything this totally beats gaiaonline's Halloween event that i usually do,

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM

:D Glad to hear it! n_n
Haha, yeah, Gaia's kinda gotten boring over the years, for me anyway.
Their events aren't always that imaginative, and it's all just so crazy when you're online during an event! Never a minute to just sit there and breathe. :lol:
I love when people enjoy Mene's events, though! :heart: Makes me feel all happy inside. n___n

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM

Nine pages already?! :O
Hi, everyone! This event is, like, twenty times better than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be pretty dang awesome! :insane:

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 01:33 PM

BRIANNA YOU MADE IT! :O
Or did you? -cue dramatic music-

I couldn't agree more, though. I am in LOVE with this event, and it's only just begun!
I cannot imagine what's in store for us later on this week. @_@!

xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"

Old 10-31-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
:D Glad to hear it! n_n
Haha, yeah, Gaia's kinda gotten boring over the years, for me anyway.
Their events aren't always that imaginative, and it's all just so crazy when you're online during an event! Never a minute to just sit there and breathe. :lol:
I love when people enjoy Mene's events, though! :heart: Makes me feel all happy inside. n___n
so true about never being able to sit and breath when your on gaia. and yea i know what you mean.....

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Ooo! A hangout~

Just what I need.

Not. Should be doing hw.

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 01:36 PM

-ties Astrelle down and makes her stay for a while- ;3
NO HOMEWORK FOR YOU, LITTLE MISSY! IT'S HALLOWEEN, AND YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY IT! :evil:

xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"

Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
-ties Astrelle down and makes her stay for a while- ;3
NO HOMEWORK FOR YOU, LITTLE MISSY! IT'S HALLOWEEN, AND YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY IT! :evil:
haha yea why do you have homework on Halloween? Your teachers are no fun.

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 01:40 PM

Because it's an art class and I always have homework.

;_; and I didn't do it yesterday 'cause I was on other avatar sites trying to get everything. Oh I fail.

*is tied down*... well that solved that dilema...

xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"

Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrelle View Post
Because it's an art class and I always have homework.

;_; and I didn't do it yesterday 'cause I was on other avatar sites trying to get everything. Oh I fail.

*is tied down*... well that solved that dilema...
OH it's an art project oh cool and oh okay i understand then.

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 PM

I have homework too this weekend, but I'm cramming it all into tomorrow. :P
I hate teachers. An Education degree should include 8-10 years of schooling and a nice $150,000/yr. paycheck! That way only very devoted and passionate people would be teachers, and not crappy people just looking for an easy job!

I want to be a teacher, and if I ever become one, I can promise you I'll never be dispassionate about what I do and what I teach. That's the biggest effect on a student's education - how much passion the teacher has. If they're just there because it's a 7am-4pm job, they're just lame.

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 01:45 PM

Oh goodness. I want that job. ;_;

*art student* I'm gonna be soooooooo poor.

And I think the biggest problem with teachers is that even if you don't know as much about the subject you can still be a teacher. But if you know a lot, like teaching but don't have a certain certification you can't. So you can't hire someone just 'cause they know a lot. I like college better... sort of.

MissAndroid
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-31-2009, 01:51 PM

Happy Halloween Sil! Just popping through

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 01:56 PM

Nooooo... MissAndroid! Stay and talk! =O
I feel like a thread killer.

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 01:57 PM

@Astrelle: See, though, some teachers sneakily don't get their teacher certification... It's not uncommon for a teacher to teach and technically not have one!

All they have to do is sign up for 'classes' towards their certification - so they can not have one, and still be teaching!

Then again, I dunno for sure if that's entirely the truth in today's world. There's this Chemistry teacher at my school who's been there since the '70s and he still doesn't have a teaching certification... But he was a Chemistry major! And now he has tenure so I guess they can't do much except tell him that he needs to get his certification, blah blah blah. :P

xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"

Old 10-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Hi Everyone.

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM

Facade - XD That's hilaaarious. I love that. I know you had to sign up, but I know at the school I went to if you didn't actually get the certificate within a certain amount of time they kicked you out. Our art teacher was always complaining about that.

Eyea
~Hyperactive Emo~
Send a message via AIM to Eyea

Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM

Estrelle could always be an art teacher. I loved my high school art teacher.

Haii Sarah!

xoSarahBellaxo
"Follow your heart"

Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM

@Eyea Hi, how are you?

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Eyea - Yeah, I was thinking about that. The only thing is I've almost graduated and didn't take any education classes. I COULD go to grad school and then teach college level maybe. ...but I never wanted to be a teacher. T_T Fail. Stupid economy and lack of jobs and lack of money/everything ever.

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Our high school art teachers are iffy. I don't know any of them all that personally, since I'm not an Arts person. P: I can't draw, or paint, or sculpt, or anything! I can write, but that's obviously not their expertise. :lol:
I have Digital Imaging next semester though, and I hope it's fun! It's not precisely an art class, but at the same time, it can be!

I plan on being an English teacher, personally. I love English. I'd probably also get my AP license ASAP, because I can't imagine teaching numbskulls in entry-level English for all that long before wanting to shoot myself. >_o
Not that AP students are always all that more mature - it's just a more intimate classroom setting, from my experience. I'd love to teach AP Composition, because, as I said, I love writing! C:

XD Sorry for rambling your heads off. I tend to get that way. :heart:

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 02:06 PM

Facade - No problem. Art teachers are always crazy, and our high school one was iffy too. I honestly don't know how to describe my college's ones other than crazy... It looked like a good school... really nice computers for the digital stuff, except then I got here and all the teachers were various degrees of nuts. o_o

Currently studying abroad and I actually have a relatively sane GOOD art teacher. He teacher teachers.... how to teach elementary school. He's so nice.

Facade

Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM

LOL, but I love the crazy teachers! :gonk:
I had an amazingly insane AP Composition teacher last year - she inspired me to become an English teacher, really. :yes:

I guess you're probably talking about a different kind of nuts, though? The twitchy kind that should be institutionalized and not instructed to teach others? :lol:

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM

Hello everyone ^_^

Astrelle
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM

Facade - Yeah... there's good crazy and.... the kinda crazy that my teachers are. Not ALL of them are bad crazy, just some of them. But the ones that aren't bad crazy still have their bad quirks.

Cloudwalker - Hello! *dance dance*