Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-24-2018, 06:13 AM

PLEASE NO GNATS IN MY SOUP!!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 07-24-2018, 08:58 PM

DON'T WORRY, AVA! GNATS AREN'T GETTING ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR SOUP!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-25-2018, 08:27 PM

gnat soup, that sounds like a southern thing

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 07-27-2018, 12:03 PM

Sweet heavens, it sounds worse than grits! My mother does not like grits, and she likes everything!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-30-2018, 03:26 AM

I think liking grits is an acquired taste. If you put enough butter on it it is edible if you're starving. But I'd rather eat oatmeal and I am not an oatmeal fan. But I need grits before I'd would starve

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-31-2018, 11:27 AM

I'm going to make a pot of flowering Jasmine green tea and My Clarity by today. Tea party anyone?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-01-2018, 11:10 AM

It was both beautiful, smelled gorgeous and twist delicious

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-19-2018, 09:43 PM

*returns with more tea and cookies and candies* *and pizza*

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-02-2018, 06:14 PM

*noms Christmas cookies in the corner*

Better not be pineapple on that pizza.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-03-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
*noms Christmas cookies in the corner*

Better not be pineapple on that pizza.
It's a pineapple cookie. Made from real pineapple that was removed by finicky eaters from leftover pizza.

Happy It's winter and all the bugs are dead and burning in hell season to you, Amane

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-03-2018, 02:57 PM

Pineapple cookies could be alright. However, tomato sauce on a cookie… I'll pass on that.

That's what I call a proper holiday greeting! I was thinking about that time you killed bugs in my honor a few days ago.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 AM

I love pineapple on pizza.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-04-2018, 06:56 AM

*drops a plate* *audience gasps* Dare you speak such controversial words?

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-04-2018, 10:03 AM

Things could be worse. Like there being a half-eaten supreme pizza from Pizza Hut lying about.

Well, I did swat three flies to death just the other day. It's still warm enough for flies to come out during the day in southern California. What do these flies do? They find their way into my tractor and light on the sleeper berth ceiling. When evening falls, the temperature drops and these flies become rather sluggish. This makes them easy targets for my trusty and deadly yellow fly swatter. *SWACK!!!* Gotcha, ya little bastard!

Kory

Old 12-04-2018, 11:18 PM

I haven't seen very many flies here in SoCal...
But I HAVE had a couple of termite infestations! >:( Apparently, it's very common here!
I'm super pissed that the landlord never said anything about termites! I've never ever had *any* sort of infestation in my life EVER!

It's crazy! Thankfully all I had to do was shut my window and they stopped coming. :( We had an exterminator come a couple of times.. but it really didn't help.

I'm so glad it's "winter" now because it's cold enough that the bugs.. well, they aren't dead, but they at least stay away now.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-05-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I haven't seen very many flies here in SoCal...
But I HAVE had a couple of termite infestations! >:( Apparently, it's very common here!
I'm super pissed that the landlord never said anything about termites! I've never ever had *any* sort of infestation in my life EVER!

It's crazy! Thankfully all I had to do was shut my window and they stopped coming. :( We had an exterminator come a couple of times.. but it really didn't help.

I'm so glad it's "winter" now because it's cold enough that the bugs.. well, they aren't dead, but they at least stay away now.
Well, your silly landlord had better serious action soon or else those termites are going to eat his building.

I remember having my apartment in Tucson for nearly ten years. Things were great at first. Then the manager retired and moved away. Sleazeball property management personnel were hired by the owner and they ended up embezzling funds almost immediately. These sleazeballs hired Burns Pest Control to curb the local insects, but I think Burns was actually feeding the insects rather than repelling them. Then the bed bugs came.

GAME OVER!! GAME OVER!!!

Kory

Old 12-06-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Well, your silly landlord had better serious action soon or else those termites are going to eat his building.

I remember having my apartment in Tucson for nearly ten years. Things were great at first. Then the manager retired and moved away. Sleazeball property management personnel were hired by the owner and they ended up embezzling funds almost immediately. These sleazeballs hired Burns Pest Control to curb the local insects, but I think Burns was actually feeding the insects rather than repelling them. Then the bed bugs came.

GAME OVER!! GAME OVER!!!
Well, we used to have an AMAZING landlord! She cared so much about the building, she would do a sweep of the building every day and make sure everything was clean. But the month we moved here, she retired... >:( We've gone through TWO landlords since then and they can't seem to keep the building clean... Dogs poo everywhere and NO ONE picks it up. When we moved in, our apartment wasn't clean, the floors had scratches and the countertops were busted. The landlord who was with us took pictures and promised that she'd fix it, but she eventually left and was replaced by someone who cares even LESS.

If we had known that the original landlord, who'd been here for several years, was going to leave, we'd probably not have moved here.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Well, we used to have an AMAZING landlord! She cared so much about the building, she would do a sweep of the building every day and make sure everything was clean. But the month we moved here, she retired... >:( We've gone through TWO landlords since then and they can't seem to keep the building clean... Dogs poo everywhere and NO ONE picks it up. When we moved in, our apartment wasn't clean, the floors had scratches and the countertops were busted. The landlord who was with us took pictures and promised that she'd fix it, but she eventually left and was replaced by someone who cares even LESS.

If we had known that the original landlord, who'd been here for several years, was going to leave, we'd probably not have moved here.
How does one leave behind busted countertops? Did Sasquatch break in, smoke some meth, go into a rage, and then bolt out of there?

Sounds a lot like my old apartment complex. Different place. Same human condition.

What happened at my old apartment complex was the owner brought in this sterling individual who, at first, began to improve things. He evicted drug dealers who were squatting. That was a necessary and good first step. The put in a soda machine in the laundry. That was good. Then bought to bbq grills for the pool area. And that was good. Then he had the large mesquite tree trimmed and cut so that room could be made for a playground set from Home Depot the children could use. This was also good.

Then he slowly let his Mr. Hyde personality show itself.

With the owner's Home Depot charge card, he then purchased I don't know how many tools and began selling them for personal profit. Why the owner never had him prosecuted is beyond me.

Then the owner would end up hiring two more managers and they just couldn't hack it. When the first sleazeball property management company took over there were nineteen residents living in a fifty two apartment complex. I loved it then. Only decent people lived there then. Then Sleazeball LLC began letting anyone in. Drug dealers. Prostitutes. Deadbeats. Junkies. Gang members. Burglars. I may as well been living at a halfway house.

Coming home one night from an evening from the movies, there was a heavy police presence. As I soon found out, there had been a shooting. Fortunately, no one was hurt as the shooters were no marksmen. I wasn't rattled by the shooting even though it was very near my apartment. However, one of my favorite neighbors moved out due to the shooting Incident. This really made me upset towards the property management company. That sleazeball property management company caused so many good people to move out.

Anyway, that's my rant, and I'm sticking to it. There's a lot more to tell, but that would be like writing a novel. The drug dealing ice cream truck, the roof collapse, the animal cruelty, the altercations, the undercover police as residents, the parking lot as a dumping ground for stolen cars, the domestic violence, and yes, even sex. Sweet, paltry sex. I also learned how to steal cable. 😑😔

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 12-06-2018 at 07:53 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-09-2018, 11:17 AM

I scared Ava away. 😕

Kory

Old 12-09-2018, 10:24 PM

I don't know. But when we moved in, the "new" landlord was very confused because apparently no one told her we were moving in, so the place wasn't even cleaned! >:(

We only moved here because the original landlord, who'd been here for 14 or so years said it was nice. A couple of days before we moved, we *found out* (She didn't tell us!) that she was retiring and leaving the property. So when we got there, I guess it was a surprise to the new landlord.... ??? I mean, seriously!?! How does someone NOT tell you that people are moving in?!

When we arrived Monday morning, the office opened 8:30am. But when we arrived, no one was there. The office was locked, so we couldn't get our goddamn key to even get into our apartment. We waited for 3 HOURS before someone answered the phone and our moving van was there waiting to get in, just like us! It was a disaster! Not to mention the poor condition in which our apartment was in...

That landlord only lasted maybe 4 or 5 months. She was always in a bad mood, never wanted to fix anything that was broken, and she would lie to your face if something wasn't up to par. For example, we were supposed to get a replacement countertop due to the one we had being busted... She literally would say, "They are coming tomorrow". Tomorrow would come, no one came. Called her again, "Oh, they are coming Tuesday.." Tuesday came, no one came. >:( It got so old!

Eventually, she left and then we had two other landlords since then. The one who is here now is disgusting. She has two little dogs who are always barking at all hours of the day.... If you so much as look at the dogs, they freak out and jump everywhere and bark like there's no tomorrow... She doesn't train them and if they jump on you, she doesn't hold them back.

She also doesn't seem to give a fuck about dogs pooping everywhere. I'll even go so far as to bet that she doesn't even pick up after her own dogs! She's hardly ever in the office and she *usually* is in a bad mood.

It's so grating! As soon as our lease is up, we're outta here!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I don't know. But when we moved in, the "new" landlord was very confused because apparently no one told her we were moving in, so the place wasn't even cleaned! >:(

We only moved here because the original landlord, who'd been here for 14 or so years said it was nice. A couple of days before we moved, we *found out* (She didn't tell us!) that she was retiring and leaving the property. So when we got there, I guess it was a surprise to the new landlord.... ??? I mean, seriously!?! How does someone NOT tell you that people are moving in?!

When we arrived Monday morning, the office opened 8:30am. But when we arrived, no one was there. The office was locked, so we couldn't get our goddamn key to even get into our apartment. We waited for 3 HOURS before someone answered the phone and our moving van was there waiting to get in, just like us! It was a disaster! Not to mention the poor condition in which our apartment was in...

That landlord only lasted maybe 4 or 5 months. She was always in a bad mood, never wanted to fix anything that was broken, and she would lie to your face if something wasn't up to par. For example, we were supposed to get a replacement countertop due to the one we had being busted... She literally would say, "They are coming tomorrow". Tomorrow would come, no one came. Called her again, "Oh, they are coming Tuesday.." Tuesday came, no one came. >:( It got so old!

Eventually, she left and then we had two other landlords since then. The one who is here now is disgusting. She has two little dogs who are always barking at all hours of the day.... If you so much as look at the dogs, they freak out and jump everywhere and bark like there's no tomorrow... She doesn't train them and if they jump on you, she doesn't hold them back.

She also doesn't seem to give a fuck about dogs pooping everywhere. I'll even go so far as to bet that she doesn't even pick up after her own dogs! She's hardly ever in the office and she *usually* is in a bad mood.

It's so grating! As soon as our lease is up, we're outta here!
I'll bet there's a provision in within California tenant law about conditions in which a tenant can break the lease that applies to you. What with all the miscommunication, managerial malfeasance, disorder, and outright lying going on, might not even notice you have left. Perhaps you could even ask to be released from your tenant agreement. That's what I would do. And as much as it would pain me to do so, I would ask in a polite manner attempting not to make things personal. What would be the benefit? Both you and the landlord won't be sticking around for the long haul.

I'm sorry the original landlord retired and left you stranded in such a predicament. My guess is that something happened that caused her to leave the scene earlier than she had anticipated.

Keep me posted about your situation.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 12-23-2018, 11:13 PM

I popped back into here after an eternity and the first post is Amane yelling about not wanting gnats in her soup. What the eff did I miss over the last....month I was missing?