Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 12:53 PM

I definitely like it! Thank you
We need more bloody poses

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 11:49 PM

ghostPastry: post a cute/weird/funny Easter/spring gif/image/art to receive a RAKster pressie!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:11 AM

The weather has gone so hot and humid these days.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 04-25-2019, 01:54 AM

hummy: Here's a spring funny for you

---------- Post added 04-24-2019 at 09:55 PM ----------

Also I'm glad you guys like the artsu *3*

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:16 AM

lmao that image

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 04-25-2019, 02:50 AM

Haha yeah I keep laughing at it too

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 03:02 AM

I'm glad I don't have a reaction as bad as the one pictured when it comes to allergies The air quality here is pretty bad so my nose is often clogged up though, which makes breathing when I'm trying to sleep a pain.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 04:09 AM

lol priceless

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 05:02 AM

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 06:05 AM

If the site does close down there is a new one called PantheonOnline opening soon.

If not,
I'll still pop on.
Not that I pop on much in the first place..
xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-25-2019, 07:15 AM

Hello, Hummy! I just wanted to say thanks for always being so kind and considerate. I appreciate all of the nice messages you’ve left me on my profile. I’m sorry I’ve been so inactive and didn’t reply.

I’m glad Mene is still around although it looks like it hasn’t grown and is sort of fading...

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 AM

I keep finding stuff about Patheon Online: Rise of the Fallen rather than the avatar site Patheon Online.

From their twitter it looks pretty interesting though, I wonder when the official launch date will be.

Long time no see Ferra! Your avatar looks so pretty.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-25-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Hello, Hummy! I just wanted to say thanks for always being so kind and considerate. I appreciate all of the nice messages you’ve left me on my profile. I’m sorry I’ve been so inactive and didn’t reply.

I’m glad Mene is still around although it looks like it hasn’t grown and is sort of fading...
Well, well, well. Look who's back. Quite the hiatus there, Ferra. I hope you brought a defibrillator because Menewsha has slowed down just a bit.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-25-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
Well, well, well. Look who's back. Quite the hiatus there, Ferra. I hope you brought a defibrillator because Menewsha has slowed down just a bit.
Thanks for your messages too! And thanks for the trade.

I wish there was something I could do, but it looks like slow down is inevitable since there hasn’t been anything new to attract people.

Also, it’s not a very smart phone friendly website. I don’t know about you, but I barely ever use my computer anymore, sadly. (Not entirely by choice. My daughter gets antsy when I’m using the computer since she wants to come over and play, but last time she got near it she pulled the monitor off the desk by the cable, ha ha.)

---------- Post added 04-25-2019 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Long time no see Ferra! Your avatar looks so pretty.
Yeah, it’s been years! How are you?

Thanks! I like your avatar too. I had to make an avatar using only single-equip things since my phone’s browser won’t let me click multi-equip items. It was interesting trying to reacquaint myself with my own inventory. Thankfully I have things organized into a ton of labeled drawers.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 08:50 AM

I've been alright I suppose, work during the day, and mostly lazing about when I'm not at work. ;
You?

Yeah, sadly Mene isn't very mobile-friendly, along with all the borked stuff.
Too bad drawer-creation is also another thing that's borked, I'd like to be able to make a few more drawers for all my stuff!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-25-2019, 09:19 AM

I just counted and I have 38 drawers in my inventory. But I still feel like I could use a few more since I tried to avoid making multiple pages whenever possible but a few have 2+ pages of items.

Sad things got borked though! If Mene was more mobile friendly, especially the equip screen, I could see it making a comeback. But it seems like anything requiring coding has been ignored for years.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:02 PM

Some of my drawers have like 6+ pages Takes a while to go through everything.

Yeah...Inso fixed some stuff after the initial move but then just sort of disappeared. Maybe he saw how much stuff that needs updating and stopped feeling like fixing things anymore.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-25-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Some of my drawers have like 6+ pages Takes a while to go through everything.

Yeah...Inso fixed some stuff after the initial move but then just sort of disappeared. Maybe he saw how much stuff that needs updating and stopped feeling like fixing things anymore.
To be completely honest, that seems like his attitude ever since he acquired Mene. At first there was some real innovation with coded events, funding for artwork beyond just CIs, games, improvements, etc. and then suddenly all of that stopped and there never really was much explanation why.

I think he realized Mene wasn’t going to earn a lot of profit so he limited funding to the production of CIs + other cash items and the bare minimum of coding fixes/server costs and just let Mene coast ever since. And now that CI production has stopped... what’s in it for him?

From a business standpoint, I totally get it, but it does make me sad that Mene got left behind.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:26 PM

Oh, I didn't know that. I did notice that there was a lack of coded events after a while, but didn't really notice the rest.

Yeah, he did mention a few times how Mene was his personal money sink (or something along those lines), so the site's never made him money, so from a business standpoint I guess it just wasn't worth all the time and effort he put into it. One of the reasons why I'm worried the site will just go down one day and never to return since it's been left to rot like this.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 04-25-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

ghostPastry: post a cute/weird/funny Easter/spring gif/image/art to receive a RAKster pressie!
i got to meet a wild rabbit! he hopped right up to me, and would hop away every time i tried to touch him but would hop back after a bit if i made noises at him and beckoned with my fingers. eventually, he dove headfirst under my leg; i could see his little tail wagging! and he turned 180 so he was facing out but still covered from the wind by my leg and he just sat there, blinking every couple minutes for about 15 minutes.

hummy:

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:40 PM

Omgs that's so cute!!! I would have been hard pressed not to try and cuddle him * 0*

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-25-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know that. I did notice that there was a lack of coded events after a while, but didn't really notice the rest.

Yeah, he did mention a few times how Mene was his personal money sink (or something along those lines), so the site's never made him money, so from a business standpoint I guess it just wasn't worth all the time and effort he put into it. One of the reasons why I'm worried the site will just go down one day and never to return since it's been left to rot like this.
Just a hunch though. I can’t say if that’s actually what happened but it certainly feels like it.

I also hope there’s a revival of some sort. Mene has a lot going for it. If it was given a bit of TLC from some people willing to fix/improve the site I think it could bounce back. I doubt it will ever be a *big* site, but I could see it becoming active again.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:50 PM

Same, but people have offered in the past and Inso's always declined...maybe he'll change his mind someday and allow others to try and help bring the site back up again. I won't be able to help with the coding but I'll happily try to get more people to join by posting about the site on other sites I visit, such as tumblr and whatnot.