Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Since I had developed the love for reading in the Fifth grade, I can't help but find myself reading certain books over and over again, and still find great interest in them. Do you have books where you have reread them again and again? Or is it just you did not really understand the book and decide to reread them to try and clear some things up?

The Snow Walker by Catherine Fisher - This book was just well written in my opinion. Since I first read it, it has fascinated my imagination and I find myself reading it again, once I run out of books to read.

Claidi's Journal Series by Tanith Lee- Although I am not the biggest fan of this author in general, this series became a favorite of mine. Anyone who reads it could see mine. I have read it over atleast 3 times since I bought it and I still love it.

The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint - This one is just a powerful fantasy to me. It brings to life the things little children fear at night, like books coming to life, shadows on the walls, and creatures of the night. It also has a female protagonist who is known for a rebel. The troubles of highschool are also shown in this book. I do not really know how to explain it, but I do love the book a lot

Pellinor Series by Alison Croggon- Now here is the author who introduced me to Tamora Pierce. If you like Pierce, just by reading this book you will know why I love to reread. it.

Bascially, any book by Charles de Lint, Tamora Pierce, or Alison Croggon I am going to be bound to reread. But, there is one book that is in its own league when it comes to book, and movies, with me, and that is
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. Since childhood, I have loved the original based off this book. It may be a sad tale, but sweet just the same. It is probably one of the greatest works in Sci-fi and Fantasy that I have ever read. I can reread this book over and over again and never tire of it. The first time I ever saw the movie was when I was 5 or 6, and it has stuck to my imagination since.

Your Imaginary Friend
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Your Imaginary Friend Send a message via MSN to Your Imaginary Friend Send a message via Yahoo to Your Imaginary Friend

Old 04-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Twilight, The Thief of Always, The Phantom Tollbooth, Ella Enchanted...

hey774
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-06-2007, 10:16 PM

The Alchemist and You Don't Know Me.
Two totally different books, but I love them both. ^^

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 PM

The first three Harry Potter books. The first time I ever picked them up was in the fifth or fourth grade, so they're like reminders of childhood for me. ^^ That, and they're just plain fun. After book three, things sort of take a downturn, although I can't seem to bring myself to stop reading. The last book comes out this summer!

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie is one of those books that I not only love but can never leave alone. It's short and easy, so it doesn't take long, and it's a fantastic little novel. Peter Pan is classic, and although both the Disney cartoon and the live-action movie are enjoyable enough, there's nothing like the book. (Although to be fair, it's Barrie's version of the play that came very first.)

The Discworld series of Terry Prachett, particularly the books with the Night Watch in term, are just hilarious. I adore Prachett's work; he's a terribly good author and satirist, and reading his books over and over is such a joy.

Good Omens by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman. Satire featuring the apocalypse. How can I say no? It's a brilliant work.

The Last Unicorn! Woah, I haven't read that book in years. It used to be one of my very favorites, though. Wonder if I can hunt it down somewhere...

night-divine
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 PM

The deltora series

Sereis of unfortuanate events

A treasury of scary stories

and most Goosebumps books.

I love horror/fantasy stories oh, so, much.

Zye
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Zye Send a message via MSN to Zye

Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 PM

I reread one of the first three Harry Potter books becuase they are short and an easy read that I can set down if I need to do something else.

I also like to read random books of poetry for the same reason.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey774
The Alchemist and You Don't Know Me.
Two totally different books, but I love them both. ^^
I don't here of many people talking about You Don't Know Me, but that is indeed a great book. The first time I ever picked it up was for a book report. It is sort of weird in the beginning, but by the end, everything makes sense at what the guy is talking about.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Imaginary Friend
Twilight, The Thief of Always, The Phantom Tollbooth, Ella Enchanted...
Oh! I forgot to mention Ella Enchanted! I have read that book so both that it is starting to fall apart. Gail Carson Levine is a great author. If you have read any of her other books, I highly reccommend you do ^^.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnet

The Last Unicorn! Woah, I haven't read that book in years. It used to be one of my very favorites, though. Wonder if I can hunt it down somewhere...
Check out Barnes and Noble. They always seem to have it in stock, but it is hard to find. They have it in the Sci-Fi Fantasy Section.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-divine
The deltora series

Sereis of unfortuanate events

A treasury of scary stories

and most Goosebumps books.

I love horror/fantasy stories oh, so, much.
None of those I ever really go into. I love mystery and fantasy, but horror, it has never really fascinated me much. I have picked up a couple though.

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolfgoddess
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnet

Check out Barnes and Noble. They always seem to have it in stock, but it is hard to find. They have it in the Sci-Fi Fantasy Section.
Thanks. ^^ I'll go check it out tomorrow when I visit B&N for some study books.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 01:12 AM

No Problem ^^.

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 04-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Harry Potter series. <3 I read it like 1000000 times. xD It never gets old! <3

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-07-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Wings

I honestly am not a huge fan of Harry Potter. The only book I really did like out of the whole series was the third one. I was just never really attracted to it.

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 04-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I honestly am not a huge fan of Harry Potter. The only book I really did like out of the whole series was the third one. I was just never really attracted to it.
Aww. :[ Not a wizard kind of fan?

night-divine
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:

pretty much the same, I like the books, but not to terribly much. 3rd one = love though

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 06:32 AM

Alice in Wonderland
Through the looking glass
Chronicles of Narnia

I also re-read my Mercedes Lackey books every few years

Ghost
Send a message via AIM to Ghost

Old 04-07-2007, 06:45 AM

I can reread any of Tamora Pierce's books. They're all so awesome! Hounding her new series now...

The Green Rider and the First Rider were pretty good reads and I've pretty much abused my paperback copy of the Green Rider beyond repair...

The Little Princess is the childhood classic that I've probably read half a dozen times or more...Love it so much...still looking for it in bookstores but manga distracts me, dang it...

Any J.D. Robb book, I am all over. I can read one twice in the same sitting, I love them that much.

I liked the Chalice, but that was the only book I liked in that series because it had a lot of Alexika in it. Heh.

Almost any manga I can read three or four times consecutively, unless, of course, the art is really really ugly and/or the plot is ridiculous.

Good fanfiction is a good reread too...Can you tell that I read a lot? And have a lot of favorite books?

Oh, I like the Terry Pratchett Tiffany Aching series too.

I've reread this one vampire series that was started when the author was thirteen years old millions of times...so awesome...

I've reread some Nora Robert books too...

Ella Enchanted and the author's other books are generally a reread too...don't like the recent fairy/Peter Pan jump off though...

...And other miscellaneous books. Can't remember anymore right now...

If you read through all of this post, cheers to you. You've got awesomeness. Peace out.

I'm going to sleep now.

dragon bound
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Anything in Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series. I've read the main trillogy seven times (working on the eigth time), and the side story books four to five times each.

In junior high the book I couldn't get enough of was Mrs. Brisby and The Rats of NIMH, read that one around eight times.

Glamour lies
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Lets see lists of books I can't help but read over and over...

Harry Potter Series

LOTR Series

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

Fahrenheit 451

Sisterhood of the traveling pants series

Any books by Caroline B. Cooney

shoga
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM

I must say that anything By Neil Gaiman, or Terry Pratchett is automatically up for the to be picked up and re-read at any moment category. But also, I do Enjoy the works by Poppy Z Bright, and the Trilogy of Memory, Sarrow, and Thorn By Tad Williams, simply brilliant that was.

Azura
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm fixing to re-read the Harry Potter series. And I have a whole mess of books that I occasionally pick up and read. But I try to buy books that I never read before. ^^'

icyMOTHA
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 PM

This one seems kinda generic, but I am in love with Memoirs of a Geisha.

I read that book before there was even talk of the movie, and it is wonderful. I couldn't put it down. It's completely captivating.

It's probably my favourite book. <33

Tesia
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 PM

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon.
A novel written from the point of view of a boy named Christopher, who has a mental disorder that branches from Autism. It's a wonderful story and really interesting to see how his mind works in different ways than your own.

Marley & Me - John Grogan.
Great for the animal lover. A funny novel about a crazy yellow lab who does crazy things. Written in the dog's owner's perspective.

The Guests of War Trilogy - Kit Pearson.
An awesome series about a girl and her younger brother who are sent to Toronto, Canada from their home in England during the second world war.

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - all of the books in the series, by Louise Rennison.Just a really funny, easy-read series. About a teenage girl who does teenage things - with the addition of her crazy family and vicious cat.

Sane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Where the Red Fern Grows

Its such a cute book, though every time I read it the ending always makes me cry a little.