Old 04-17-2015, 12:11 PM

*bags first post as outsider lol*
How are you?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-18-2015, 02:42 AM

omg, someone posted in my jar! *hugs*

I'm doing pretty well. Kinda going along on auto-pilot, but in a pleasant way. What about you?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 PM

☆ June 18
Yesterday I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out. It was fully emerged, so the dentist didn't have to do any cutting, thankfully; he just "popped" it out with fancy dental pliers. While it definitely was not a pleasant experience, it also wasn't too bad, all things considered. My tooth (as seen below) had an unexpectedly hooked root which was troublesome, but they managed to get it all out in one piece, and they let me take it home. ^^ Now I've got a big weird hole in the back of my mouth though, which makes eating an uncomfortable experience. Lots of mushy soups and yogurt in my near future.

Tooth picture!X

Today I am doing some deep cleaning of my digital life - knocking things off my to-do list, sorting files, organizing pictures, and that sort of thing. I try to keep things tidy as I go, and do have some organizational systems I use, but even so, I always end up with documents and images scattered around, perpetually awaiting organization. So today I am trying to make a dent in the pile.

Last edited by Chexala; 01-01-2016 at 12:51 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-26-2015, 11:30 PM

I had a tooth removed and it had a hook on it just like that! They ended up having to give me a pair of stitches to close up the hole it left behind. Did they have to do that for you? In any case, getting teeth removed is never fun. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-26-2015, 11:35 PM

Thanks zigs! They didn't give me any stitches for my hole. It seems like it's really big, but it's hard to accurately judge size with my tongue, haha. Hopefully it's not as big as I think and it'll close up soon. I didn't have holes for the first two wisdom teeth I got out, cause they had to be cut and stitched, so I have no idea how long this might take.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-27-2015, 01:54 AM

I don't remember how long it took for me but I only remember it really bugging me the first day when I had to basically suck on a cotton ball for a few hours to soak up all the blood. After that it was just a bit tender and the feeling of the stitches under my tongue bothered me but that's about it.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 10:56 PM

☆ July 19
Recent things that have happened:

My wisdom tooth hole is all the way healed up. Huzzah! I can eat, brush, and floss normally again!

After several months of distraction, I am resuming my Tidying Campaign. I was resistant to tidying my books, because I love owning books, but I finally forced myself to sit down and just do it. I went through every book I own one-by-one, and at final tally, I'm getting rid of 155 books! (I think I have about 400 books remaining, for context.) Of the books I'm keeping, about 100 of them are books I've never read, and I quarantined them onto their own shelves so that I'll remember to either read them or get rid of them. I had so much open shelf space when I put everything away that I was also able to finally shelves all my writing notebooks and journals, which have been floating around my room without a home for a long time. So huzzah for that!

In other news, last week I out star-gazing in the cemetery (I like hanging out there, it's peaceful), and I accidentally knocked over an old headstone, and it fell on my foot! It was...really painful, to say the least. I happened to be wearing my sturdy hiking boots, and I think that saved my foot from getting seriously broken. It's been healing slowly but steadily, and I'm back on my feet again, if moving a bit slowly. In another week or so, I should be back to 100%. I have to admit, I feel pretty embarrassed about this event though, because I broke an old headstone, which is something I would never, ever, do intentionally, because I actually have great fondness and respect for cemeteries and the local history in my area. Ultimately, my foot will be fine, but that headstone can never really be fixed, and I feel bad about that. [sigh] Nothing I can do about it, of course, but I still feel bad.

Anyway, that's the major stuff lately.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 08-03-2015, 05:35 PM

☆ August 3
Aahh, at last, quiet descends over my house. The past two weeks have been packed with visitors who have all finally gone home. I'm enjoying getting back into my usual routines now.

My tidying campaign continues. Next step is to work through all my papers. I have organizing folders and binders at the ready to sort whatever I end up keeping, but I'm hoping (planning) to get rid of as much as possible. :D Like all my old health insurance documents, which I've never read, and which are all online now anyway.

I'm also trying to get back into my fiction writing. So far, I've been skirting around the main work (actually writing) by brainstorming ideas, world-building, and reading about writing. (I cleaned my desk too.) I've got plenty of projects to work on now, however, so it's time for me to just sit down and start.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 11-20-2015, 07:34 AM

☆ November 20
Pixels from Maha!

Last edited by Chexala; 01-01-2016 at 12:52 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-02-2015, 10:18 PM

☆ December 2

Last edited by Chexala; 12-03-2015 at 12:22 AM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-04-2015, 12:10 AM

oh WOW NICE i like that..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-04-2015, 01:04 AM

I really like it too! I'm trying to talk mdubya into opening an art shop. ;3

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-01-2016, 12:54 AM

☆ December 31
Last day of the year!

Festival of Winter Nights pixel scene from Maha!