Midian
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2014, 10:03 PM

On the 9th of December my fiance and I went to England to spend time with my family for the holiday (we live in Holland) And just before departure day I had JUST got over the flu. A few days into being there and I get a bad cold... Worst luck >< The cold went away the night before we came back home, but the next day I woke up feeling a bit ill. I thought that maybe the cold had just lingered a bit, but a few days on... BAM!!! No, it's flu again. So I will be bringing in the new year ill, and alone, because the fiance is on night shift.

Anyone else been ill this season? How do you cope? What remedies do you swear by?!

zyne
they/them

Old 12-31-2014, 10:23 PM

it seems the flu's been going around a lot this year. i caught it too for about it a week haha
i don't really do much. just eat rice soup and take a ton of pills although in our family we have this thing about not showering when you're sick because it makes your fever rise. not sure if it has any basis but it always seems to happen!

i hope you feel better though!!

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 12-31-2014, 10:40 PM

On Thanksgiving I was sick, seems like every fourth Thanksgiving I have some form of illness. This year I had a migraine, the last time I was sick on Thanksgiving I was throwing up. Christmas/New Years I'm fine.

Hope you feel better soon!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-31-2014, 10:41 PM

Haven't been ill this season, but when we were younger, my siblings and I would take turns getting sick each christmas. :P

Mnemosyne
TSUNDERE

Old 12-31-2014, 10:47 PM

EVEN with really warm showers, zyne? Heat usually helps.

I drink a ton of honey and ginger tea. Any tea works just add some honey and a little ginger. Helps clear congestion for me.

Oh and if you take meds make sure they have guaifenisen (sp) in them. That junk knoknocks sickness out.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-31-2014, 11:17 PM

I've been sick for the last few days. Feel a bit better better today headache-wise, but still have a fever and sore throat.. body aches.. waaah. /drowns sorrows in tea and spicy soups.

Midian
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-31-2014, 11:49 PM

I feel like I wanna take a hot shower but I'm really dizzy so I don't wanna risk it. The tea sounds nice, I should send my fiance to pick some honey and ginger up on his way home from work. I've taken ibuprofen and paracetamol, and drinking lotsa hot drinks. Trying to sweat this out too!

Pirate Booty
Damia's prize mule

Old 01-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Sorry you are sick.
My mom got the flu for Christmas & then I ended up with it a few days later.
I've mostly been staying in bed & drink lots of fluids.
Food still isn't my friend though.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 PM

:( It's no fun being sick during the Holidays or the New Year. I was sick for a little bit yesterday, but at least I'm better now.