x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Hello! I am quite aware that there are already two Harry Potter based roleplays (As far as I know of!) on this forum, but I felt I should be a troll and start a new one I should create one with incorporated things in Hogwarts such as Lessons.

I plan this roleplay to be set after the Second Wizarding War (Let's say, 20 years or so) and the school has been rebuilt, and is accepting new students.

One main idea I would like to introduce in this roleplay is the use of years. Here's the idea. Everyone joining now would start off as a first year, and after say 2 months real time [subject to change], first year students would be moved up to second year, and so on. However I'm not sure if this idea would be popular.

Another thing I'd like to limit is the amount of students per gender, per house. Just to make it more balanced with students of all personalities to make it more interesting. (I know some people would /hate/ to be a Hufflepuff) So let's say, 8-10 Students per house, per year [is flexible, depending on the feedback].

Let me know if you'd be willing to join, would you? ♥ Oh and if you could, please answer these questions~
• How do you feel about the idea of introducing lessons into the roleplay?
• What about the idea of having all students start off as first years?
• And finally, limiting the amount of students per house?
• Do you have any questions or suggestions?

Remember if you plan on incomporating these questions into your post to put them into quotes. (:

Note: Will update this as I go along

I forgot to include house points!
I plan to award house points according to those who do things such as attend lessons, and perhaps include an interaction between Professors and students where students will be awarded house points for things like answering questions correctly etc.

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 08-04-2011 at 12:12 AM..

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 08-04-2011, 12:45 AM

I don't think Hogwarts cannonly took 20 years to rebuild did it? I mean, they has the power to rebuild it within a year or so. It would be cool to have some one play the Potter, Malfoy and Weasley kids though.. Instead of the next gen (quite literally). I dunno, if it's Harry Potter related I tend to join up. If making us all first year makes it easier than okay I suppose. XD I enjoy playing 5 through 7 year.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:58 AM

Hi there :3

Oh no, I didn't mean it was rebuilt after 20 years, more like 20 years after the Second Wizarding War. I'm sorry about that Dx Which would mean the Potter, Weasley and the single Malfoy child could be played, yes. If we set it to 19 years after the SWW, then they would be first years. Which is a possibility.

Yes I guess 5th to 7th year is more enjoyable to play, I can understand why. I guess I could limit the amount of students to each year? Would that perhaps be more favourable?

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 AM

Um, if you think it would work out. I just can't remember what it's like being that young since I'm 25. Oh, just made myself sad again. lol. XD Unless you are going to have head of house positions open. =3

Ramoguy22
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 PM

I love harry potter roleplays so you can count me in if you do start it.

As for the questions:
1:Lessons are a great way to introduce characters and custom spells, so they won't hurt anything at all.
2.If everyone is a first year, than everyone would be on equal grround and can interact the same as well.I would go for it.
3.You should have an icly wizarding hat...
4.Nah, I am sure it will come out good.

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 PM

I have a hard time thinking back to that age for some reason but I can give it a go. Unless there's professor slots open.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Damnit I had a post typed out and firefox crashed on me.

I'm thinking about opening professor positions, but I'm unsure how to tie this in with the whole lesson concept. What I had in mind was basically one lesson per week, but this lesson rotates every week, so for example
Say this week, the lesson posted was Charms. Next week it would be Potions etc. If we are still going ahead with the whole 'everyone is a first year' idea, then there are 8 subjects that are mandatory if still loyal to the books.

But the thing also is, Professors don't really have much of a role in the rp except for teaching lessons and butting into student roleplays, do you understand what I mean?

Thanks for your feedback Ramo (:
What I had in mind for sorting was having everyone submit their characters, but limiting the amount per house. Then an almost NPC like sorting hat will post saying whose been sorted where, but that again depends on the first year idea. I think I might put up a poll. Nevermind, I can't XD