p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM

A Planet in Darkness; The Uprising

In 2012 the world had been covered in a blanket of smoke and ash when the largest of volcanoes erupted, killing millions and wiping out continents. By 2022 the remaining people of Earth had discovered a way to power the world through generators for energy, light, etc.
But in the shadows lived a world of blood thirsty vampires.
They were tired of living in hiding, second to humans, so the most wicked of the vampires formed an alliance to take the world from the wretched and weak mortals. Now generators everywhere are mysteriously failing and there aren’t enough knowledgeable mechanics to fix them before more and more are being tampered with, sending the world into random periods of darkness. People live fairly normal lives, working, attending schools, seeing movies and having dinner, etc., until the lights go out.
When a generator fails leaving a city in darkness, bad things happen.
Groups of people are rising against the vampires hunting them and destroying them, some vampires even fight against their own kind. Everyday more of your friends and family go missing...
Who’s side will you be on?

The volcano is still active, sometimes erupting mildly causing the ground to shake before a rain of new ash begins to fall from the sky like snow.

A little more information about the city:
The smoke creating a thick blanket between the sun and earth allows for vampires to be able to travel whenever they please, although most prefer not to as they don’t want to get spotted by hunters. When the generators go out, all of the lights/power are out, so visibility is rough, if it’s day time and the sun is high above the smoke, a human would be able to see slightly as there would be very little light reflecting around. If it is night and the generators go out, humans wouldn’t be able to see at all without flashlights, candles, etc.

There are some buildings and homes of the wealthy that have back-up generators for their own means of lighting as well as artificial light for growing trees and flowers that have been deemed extinct. The lighting in such places would be harmful for vampire’s skin and eyes.

Cars are rare, only the very rich can afford to keep cars running on what it takes to run them now, and few older men out there still have gas running cars hidden away. There are subway lines below the cities but they are no longer used as they had become unsafe for human travel.

When the generators go out and people are killed in the streets, dump trucks drive through the city upon the return of the lights, throwing bodies into garbage bags and hauling them off to the ferry that takes them to the rumored ‘Incinerator Island’. It can be seen from the beach, a constant odd colored smoke and smell emanate from the island, people don’t speak of it.

If you have any further questions about this world, as there are probably things left un-noted, don’t hesitate to ask! :)

>> Click here for OOC <<

--Rules--
-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS first and foremost.
-To join, PM me the profile and wait for an approval to begin, do not post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are encouraged, but keep it PG-13.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs, with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, but this isn’t a text message.
-No God-modding.
-I don't expect you to post all day everyday as I will be gone from time to time as well, but please keep in mind that I will summon you if you've been gone too long.
-Please keep OOC in the RP to a minimum, if you feel you need to have a conversation, take it to the OOC Thread linked above.
-I reserve the right to remove you from the RP if I see fit and to revise the rules at any time I see fit.
;)

Profile Skeleton: Copy the text inside this box, fill in the information in the appropriate places and send me a personal message with the info. Wait for my response to begin the RP.

PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG]
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"]CHARACTER NAME[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I am [color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] CHOOSE: Human, hunter, vampire [/color].

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size]
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size]

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1]
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc. 

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 
Character Profiles:

Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Tessa Malone

I am a human vampire hunter .

People call me Tess.
I am 22 years old.
I am female.
I have telekinetic powers.

‡ My story;

When I was 17 my brother, James, and I came home from school to find two vampires sucking the life from our parents. Before they fled we each memorized a face. Our parents being too far gone, died. James and I vowed to hunt down every last vampire and destroy them until we found our parents murderers. Last year James and I were separated. Now I'm on my own, hunting vampires and searching for my brother. I have a tough outer shell and an attitude to match it, but it's a front to hide how scared I am alone. I haven't killed any vampires since James dissapeared that weren't out of self defense. I have telekinetic powers, but don't really know how to control them. They appear when I am backed into a corner, scared or angry and I tend to black out if they are too intense.

Quote:
Kry

Kasimir

I am a Human.

People call me Kasimir.
I am 27 years old.
I am male.
My dexterity and agility seem to be a little above average for most humans.

‡ My story;

When I was born, I was given over to the care of a very strict German-American orphanage. I stayed there until I was eighteen, that's when they kicked me out. No one wanted a trouble maker like me and that was the way I liked it. I've traveled around a lot. Trying to make my way as a hapless thief. I've never had anything against Vampires, never believed they were real, until I picked the pocket of one. He's one of very few people I trust in this world. Since meeting him, I've seen more of the supernatural world than I ever cared to acknowledge and most of it wasn't good. I try to avoid other vampires, but being friends with one makes that rather hard at times. Oddly enough I don't have any scars, other than the ones left over from the beatings of the nuns in the orphanage. My vampire friend doesn't bite me, nor does he let anyone else, vampire or not.

----------------------------------------

Alistair "Hiro" LeVon Deveraux

I am a Vampire.

People call me Hiro
I am 697 years old.
I am male.
I have heightened senses, I can move extremely fast for short periods of time, and I can always sense the presance of others when they are near, human or non-human.

‡ My story;

I am gentle and kind, but I will not hesitate to kill if I feel I have a very good reason for such drastic actions. I do not like others of my kind. I can tolerate them well, depending on how they behave. I come from a small Island that most have never heard of. I was the son of the ruling Lord, and heir to his seat...or would have been had I not been turned to a Vampire. Silver is my only true weakness (other than too much sunlight), as it is a holy (pure) metal. I find myself often longing for my humanity. For hundreds of years I have drifted along this word lamenting everything I have lost. I have few friends, I have grown tired of watching humans I befriend grow old and die...still I have once more found myself in the company of a human. A German who calls himself Kasimir. Rarely a night goes by that I am not at his side.
Quote:
Graxdon

Michael Khallos

I am a human vampire hunter .

People call me Prince of Death.
I am 17 years old.
I am male.
I can use telekinesis, view things in different spectrums, and hypnotize the weak willed.

‡ My story;

Born and raised in New London, the son of Queen Anne, Prince Michael Khallos had his name changed in order to give himself more of an identity apart from his mother, not wishing to become great by standing upon their shoulders. When he was 13 he was attacked by a vampire but was saved by his bodyguards who died in the process of defending him so he could escape. After that he found one of the professional vampire hunters in the Europe area and received training so that he wouldn't have to rely on another person ever again. One year ago he got his hands on an old government project that was excavated from the ruins of Old London, the project was code named "Eye of God." After a short surgery and month of training, Michael mastered the "Eye of God" and has gone on a tour of the various cities as a diplomat as an excuse to kill as many vampires as he can.
Quote:
Marsyas

Kanye Warren

I am a Human Vampire Hunter.

People call me Kanye or Kay.
I am 24 years old.
I am male.
I can use Pyrokinesis and Illusions. I also have enhanced Speed and Agility.

‡ My story;

Life is only as hard as you make it. . . Those were the last words I heard from my father. My mother died of an illness when I was just a young child, I have no memories of her. It was my father that raised me alone in this harsh world. I look back on his words and they make me want to puke. Life has always been hard in these times, and when you have vampires roaming around making things more difficult, well, let’s just say it rubs me the wrong way. My father died when he was attacked by a vampire, and it was then that I realized my abilities. I myself was bitten, but for some reason I didn't die nor did I convert. It's odd. That vampire who bit me is nothing but ashes now, and my body has changed a bit. I haven't gained any sort of unnatural strength like a vampire but I'm just as fast and just as agile. Not to mention I can conjure fire and cast illusions.

I feel as though I was blessed and cursed alike. Maybe I'm just turning more slowly than normal? Either way, it’s been nine years now and I hunt vampires upon request now. I don't hate them for what they are, after all we're not so different. But just as human's can have dark hearts, I've seen vampires that are worse. So until my body is too old to do this or I get killed one, I'll be hunting the baddies who think that life is to be trifled with.

Quote:
AmaniIshtar

Mizu Tatsumaki

I am a Human.

People call me Mizu.
I am 21 years old.
I am female.
I have a gift with technology and mechanics, and have a photographic memory.

‡ My story;

Mizu grew up as the eldest child of a CEO for a tech company, and an underground crime lord. She grew up with everything she could every want, except her parents love. She excelled in school, gymnastics, socceer, and swimming, but to her father it was never good enough. As she had gotten older and learned of his hidden life, he started to beat her and used her talents with technology for his personal gain. When she was turning 18, she found he planned to marry her off to some company partner's son, and she rebeled, going so far as to run away, learning quickly how to take care of herself and stealing to survive. So far she's managed to avoid her father, but promises that she will kill him if she sees him again.

She doesn't care for vampires, and tends to use her skills with technology and theivery to keep them from turning her into their latest snack. Mizu also hates a majority of insects, the darkness, bullies, and those working for the black market. She has a number of notable marks, most being her back covered in whip marks, and three tattoos; a teardrop with a rose inside on her heel, the symbol for freedom on her inner right wrist, and, her most recent, a dragon curled around a sleeping fox on her left hip.

James Malone

I am a vampire.

People call me James.
I am 23 years old.
I am male.
I can see auras that surround people, and can create and use fire.

‡ My story;

As the older brother to Tessa, James had always done his best to protect her after they had walked in on their parents being murdered, going so far as to do most of the killing. On one of the leads they had been following, he had been captured during a power outage, becoming a prisoner to the kind he'd hunted for years. His only regret when he escpaed, was not being able to do so before they turned him. But he did kill every last one of them, some while they were still laughing over the hunter being turned into the very thing he hunted.

What did come from the change, was a change in perspective. Especially when another vampire helped him heal and taught him about being the thing he hated. He still plans to kill his parent's murderers, and hopes to reunite with his sister.
Quote:
netherdancer

Iyzebel Far

I am a Vampire.

People call me Iyz or Bel, sometimes Ba'al.
I am 23 years old.
I am female.
I can cast arcane spells and use people as puppets.

‡ My story;

Iyzebel was always separate from her friends. Quiet, watchful and contemplative. She met a man during one of her walks through the graveyard, and found him interesting. They agreed to meet there for about a year, their relationship becoming quite involved, finally one day, he told her of his vampirism, and asked her to be his. Surprisingly she agreed, and once turned they lived in relative peace. She asked no questions about the food or things he brought home, suspecting that her lover was murdering his victims.

But one day, she saw something, a locket... It had the letters 'JF' inscribed on it, and when she opened it, she saw the picture of her and her twin sister, Jezebel. She confronted her lover, and he lied to her. She knew there was no way that she'd stay with him. So she left him after a big fight which left her scarred, from her left eyebrow across her eye and down to her chin and multiple claw marks down her back.

Attempting to stay away from the hunters eyes, she has a room in a motel, completely hers and that's where she lives. Hopefully she'll be able to continue avoiding them, because she was sure that hunters didn't discriminate when it came to their prey. Even if they are vampires who only feed on animals now.

Detric Almont

I am a Vampire.

People call me Ric.
I am 27 years old.
I am male.
I can transform and fly with wings made of bones.

‡ My story;

I am Iyzebel's ex-lover, her master and the one who wants her back. She needs me. I found her one day, having just fed on some hapless couple paying respects at someone's grave. She was enchanting with her eyes, her form, her voice. I fell for her hard. But she betrayed me.

I caught her with another male, a human. So I killed her, and him. I took the locket from her cold dead body. When I walked into the house there she was, pretty as you please, sitting there waiting for me. I hid the locket, but she found it. She accused me of killing her twin sister, and I realized she was right. My jealousy had overwhelmed me, but I had no intention of revealing this to her. I lied, but she knew, she knew everything about me. We fought and she got away, I bear an ugly scar that runs the length of my chest where she burned me. And now I've got to find her again, else everything will fall apart.

Divine McLaughlin

I am a human.

People call me Divi.
I am 25 years old.
I am female.
I can hack any system known to man, and have a photographic memory as well as read faster than the normal human.

‡ My story;

I come from a hunter family. They have trained me in the ways of dispatching with the bloodsuckers. But truth be told, I don't think all of them are evil. Some have actually been very afraid, having been turned into vampires against their will. They pulled their fangs and live secretly underground. I have made great lengths in my career as a business woman to help people.

I haven't yet seen a vampire that wanted to become one, I take pity on all of their souls. And only those who have attempted to harm me have died. I want to help the vampires who don't hunt humans. I feel I need to, after all, I was saved by a vampire woman name Iyzebel.

Quote:
Graxdon

Light Riku Shikamura/Dark Rikku Shikamura

I am a Human/ life hunter.

People call me Riku-kun/Rikku-chan.
I am 14 years old.
I am male physically, but mentally it depends
I can't do anything/ I can take a shadow form and grow long, razor sharp claws.

‡ My story;

I am crazy... or haunted, one of the two. When I was born I was going to have a twin sister, but she died during birth. Growing up, I've always switched from one personality to the other, but I think the other personality is just the soul of my dead sister, sharing my body. For some reason, she's always so angry, and cruel, killing so many people. She killed our parents when we were five and it was... terrible. And I loved it! there is nothing I love more than the feel of blood between my finger tips, whether it be vampire or human, I don't care. I am chaos, beautiful and destructive, and I will drive this world to ruin, just because I can. I really wish someone would kill us already, but she's just too good. I wouldn't mind so much if people didn't blame me for it. Oh well, at least she can't kill when I remember to tie up our straight jacket, that's something at least.

Quote:
WinglessFairy

Marilyn Machina

I am a Human.

People who know me call me Maril or Mach, but the name on my name plate says Marilyn Machina
I am 19 years old.
I am female, don't blame you for asking, it's rather hard for most folk to tell.
People say I have an eerie power over electrical devices and machines. They just seem to do what I want when I'm around -shrugs- . I suppose in some ways my artificial eyes give me a 'power'. I can switch through many vision options, increase brightness to 'see' in the dark, as well as see levels of heat, or ultraviolet.

‡ My story;

I was raised in a city orphanage from when I was very little, left there by some broad, who knows who really, and lived the general orphan life in small quarters, until at the age of 15 she was sent of to work in the workhouses. They said I had a 'knack' for machines, and I was one of the lucky few at age 16 who managed to secure an apprenticeship with a local mechanic, and at 18, I was hired by the power plants to keep things running smoothly and to fix whatever needed fixin'. It's a good life, albeit a quiet one. I have my own room at the plant, free food, and even a bit of spare change to do as I will.

One day while I was working on the water pipes coming from the furnace, a pipe broke suddenly, spewing metal shrapnel through the air, directly into my face. My sight was lost, but this was only a temporary setback, I've since built a device that gives me an artificial way of seeing, and also happens to cover any scars I'd gotten from the incident.

The plants have been having more downtime than usual, and the machines groan with some sort of internal pain...I'm not sure what exactly that means, really, but that's how it is. Here in the plant, there is always some sort of emergency power, but I've heard stories of horrors when the lights flicker outside. I wonder what it might be...

Quote:
XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Anniebelle Marie Langdon

I am a Human.

People call me Annie.
I am eighteen years old.
I am female.

‡ My story;

I was born with a severe allergy to the sun, so I can't got out in the sun, or I fall very ill. I tend to slip out at night, my parents went missing a while ago. The walked out on night to have a little dinner date, then next thing I know, they didn't come back home. I like to bide my time indoors, drawing, painting, and writing. Seeing that the blackouts started to get worse...I use the basement generator from time to time, but other than that I live by candle light. Sometimes I hear people screaming outside my town house, sometimes even knocking on my door, but I never answer. When I go out at night, all odds are against me, I might as well be a vampire, I never get to see sunlight anyways. Really all it takes for me now is a close encounter with a Vampire Slayer and I'm done for, seeing that I share some of their most common characteristics. I don't like 'know-it-alls' or arrogance.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-23-2011 at 08:16 PM..

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 07-30-2011, 03:07 PM

Shuji at this point was actually walking through the alleyways of the city since it was mostly dark there. No one could really see anything through the darkness of the alleyway, especially whenever one of the generators would stop working for some reason and the lights would finally go out. This was always the perfect timing for vampires to jump out from their hiding and take a human as food for themselves, unlike most vampires; Shuji only took people for food whenever he truly needed it and he had no other choice but to have a drink of blood. Other than that, every time the lights would go out; he'd just go out of hiding to try and find an empty home where he could live for a few days or possibility try to find someone throughout the darkness and speak to them to try and solve this whole fighting between the humans and vampires.

While Shuji continued to make his way throughout the alleyway, some kind of sound caught his attention as he stopped right in his own tracks and turned his head left and right to wonder what was making the sound. The sound itself was kind of like a motor running along with a slight hum to it. Curiously, he began to make his way over toward where he heard the sound was coming from; only to find himself coming across one of the generators that powered the city's lights. Knowing if he was going to take down this generator to take out the lights for only a few moments in the city before someone would come to fix it. Shuji himself was probably going to get hurt from the electrical wires and light emitting from the machine itself. Taking that chance anyway, he bolted right over toward the machine with himself grunting in pain from the light it was emitting against his body. Grabbing onto the large wires that was behind the machine attach to some kind of large wall; using his strength he ripped out the wires only to notice how the generator's lights went out immediately and most of the lights within the area he was standing went out as well. "Maybe..I can convince...one of the humans tonight.." he whispered to himself before running back into the darkness while panting heavily from the painful burns of the generator's lights.

Last edited by happydeath; 07-30-2011 at 06:08 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM

It was late afternoon and Tessa had just arrived in this city, she'd heard there was an 'overabundance' of vampires here. Maybe I'll find my brother here... she thought, and perhaps my parents murderers. This city was like all the rest, dark, warm in the 'day light' and cold at night. The smoke blocking out the sun didn't allow for the planet to build up enough heat during the day, so nights were often worthy of a trench coat and cup of joe. But the nights were even more dangerous than the day and most people stayed inside when they could. When the sun was high above the smoke over the city it was warm and humid, there was a certain hue about the buildings and streets. A red-brown color tinted the world now. Trees and grass didn't grow in many places, weeds were most all that survived without the sunlight. Many places had trees and 'exotic' flowers growing inside under specialized lighting, like artificial sun, to keep them alive.

Tessa's stomach began to growl, she was hungry. Spotting a small cafe she was crossing the street when the city lights began to flicker, in an instant the lights were out, the city was black. She heard screams and people hurrying to locate doors where they could run inside the safety of a building. She heard children crying and feet running on the pavement. She reached for her handgun and turned on the flashlight attatched to the top of the shaft. Pointing it forward she saw the cafe again and hurried to the door. Stopping along the way to help a mother and daughter out of the street she shoved them into the cafe closing the door behind her. Pointing the light out through the window to focus on the streets she saw blurs speeding past. The vampires were quick and had already begun to set upon the city. She almost dreaded when the lights would return for she knew the horrific scenes that awaited. She cursed herself for not having any bullets in her gun, though she knew bullets wouldn't stop the vampires anyway. She focused her light on a man wandering the street, in an instant two vampires were on him, he was on the ground, the people in the cafe gasped and cried for him, Tessa turned off her light. There was nothing she could do for the man, and the children inside the cafe didn't need to see such a thing. Tessa locked the cafe door as one of the waitresses lit two small candels, and sat to wait for the lights to return. She closed her eyes and recalled the traumatizing night her parents were murdered the same way the man in the street had been. She imagined her brothers face, James...where could you be? she wondered.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-31-2011 at 08:18 PM..

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 PM

By the time the lights had finally gone out throughout the entire city; it wasn't exactly that hard to hear the distant screams of the civilians that lived within this city. This wasn't exactly the first time the lights had gone out within the city out of no where when it wasn't even time for everyone to go back to their homes to sleep, so hearing the screams of horror out in the distance; Shuji already had a feeling that the other vampires were making their way out of hiding once again to attack the innocent. Walking throughout the night now, he didn't need to worry about burning in the middle of the light whenever the generators were on as he made his way throughout the city at top speed to see if he could find anyone that was actually wondering around so that he could speak to them. Every few turns he would make, Shuji would always seem to find a pair of vampires feasting on a single soul; draining the life out of them to the point that they were nothing but living corpses like the rest of them. If not, completely dead. To these other wild vampires, they didn't exactly care for what they would feast on; so it didn't matter if it was a little child or the elderly. Humans were food no matter what age they were. Although seeing them feasting on small defenseless children made Shuji sick sometimes as it pushed his alter ego out only slightly before he would escape from the sight of death to let himself regain control of himself.

Soon enough, he had finally come across an open area that seemed to have two vampires feasting upon a young man while a small cafe a little bit to the side of the incident seemed to have candles lit inside. There was no doubt about it, if the vampires were finally done with their small feast of that man; if they were to see those candles lit inside the cafe and know that there were people in there, they would probably try to attack those people. Although there were two chances that the vampires wouldn't either succeed or go after the cafe at all. Some vampires were smart enough not to go after a group of people all at once since some vampires were smart enough to think things through about if there could be vampire hunters lurking among the group of people. Not to mention, if there was anyone in there that had a spare UV flashlight; they could easily burn off and fend away the vampires. So by the time the two of them had finished feasting upon the victim, seeing how the man just laid there lifeless and the two vampires bolting back off into the darkness. Shuji just tilted his head and began to walk right up toward the front of the cafe. He didn't bother to step too close, in case anyone would try to attack him; but this could be his only chance to get to speak to someone about his own goal. "H-hello?...I shall not hurt you..I would just like to speak..if that is alright..you do not have to leave the building; but will you at least hear me out?" he requested keeping his hands by his side and giving a small bow to possibility show some respect in hopes they would at least allow to hear out his request to speak with them. Even if the civilians of the cafe wouldn't accept the request to even hear out or speak to Shuji, he wouldn't had been too surprised due to the fact that he was a vampire after-all and his kind was renown to be killers of the night; especially that there was no doubt the people there just saw two vampires take down a man right outside of the building.

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 07-31-2011, 03:08 AM

The streets were dark and that was Weston's calling. He jumped from his 3rd story apartment building to the streets below. There were vampires feasting already. He looked at them and it made him sick. He kicked one of his fellow vampires in the face and the fight began. He knew the same song and dance. He knew the weakness. He was one of the older vampires in the city. Nothing really could keep Weston from winning. Once the vampire was down he made his way to donor. A girl by the name of Ashley. He was hoping she was in good health and didn't get taken by other hungry vultures waiting for their prey. On his way he saw a man on the street. Weston took out his Wiccan symbol and bent over the body. He began to prey for the body. There was no hope was there? With lightening fast speed, he set the body on fire. There was no need to have more people like him wandering the streets.

Weston looked up when he heard a male voice. He took steps towards him. Strange, a vampire requesting an audience with humans? he thought. Curiosity got the better of him and he stood up right with furrowed eyebrows to see where this was going to go.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 AM

"There's nothing we can do." The tall male stood in the shadows between two buildings, though. Now that the generator had gone out, there really wasn't too much of a reason for him to stand there in those shadows. Still, that was where he remained. Watching the carnage in the streets with eyes that almost seemed to glow in the dark. Alistair glanced over his shoulder to his blond, and very human companion. A look of disdain crossed his features briefly. "You have no shame, Kas." His attention returned to the street as he peered at a vampire trying to communicate with frightened humans who had sought shelter in a cafe.

"There's never anything we can do. Doesn't mean we can't still try, at least a little." He spoke with a slight German accent, and his green eyes were narrowed, intent on what he was doing. Even in the dark. Really, he didn't need to see. At least, not for this. Kasimir's hands roamed over the corpse of a human, fingers reaching, searching for anything valuable. "Shame? Pfft. Just lazy. It's much easier to pick pockets of dead men." Pocketing what he did find, for later scrutiny in a more lighted area, Kasimir stood. Wiping his hands off on his pants he turned and followed the vampire's gaze. "You think he's trying to sweet talk them into coming out?" Kasimir's eyes seemed to light up. "Let's go find out!" He started out at a trot, knowing Alistair would follow him. Without incident, the human managed to make his way over to the vampire standing before the cafe. "Oi, fella. You botherin' these nice folks?"

Alistair was at Kasimir's side. His eyes on the other vampire. Watching the boy intently.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 AM

Tess had her back to the glass door of the cafe with her eyes closed, head in hands, when she heard someone talking outside the cafe. She turned to look outside instinctively, but couldn't see a thing. She picked up her gun and turned on the flashlight, searching for the voice. Her flashlight found a man standing outside, facing the cafe. The people in the cafe all watched, the mother grabbed her child close. Did he say that he wasn't going to hurt them? He must be a vampire, she thought. He wasn't being attacked, and he was asking to speak with them. This is a trap, she thought. But most vampires wouldn't approach a group of humans unless they too were in a large group. As she thought that, irony approached in the form of two more people, she assumed to be vampires. Tess frowned giving them a nasty glare to let him know she wasn't afraid of them, pointing her gun at the vampire who first approached. After all, for all they knew her empty gun was loaded with silver bullets... "Speak", she said, becoming worried as the group outside the cafe was growing.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-31-2011 at 08:17 PM..

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 07-31-2011, 06:39 AM

Now things were getting interesting. Weston jumped to the top of the cafe from behind. All he needed as a few steps from the dumpster and he was on the roof. Slowly he crawled until he was able to hear them clearly. His body pressed gently against the roof. He took out his book of Wiccan prays and spells just in case things got ugly. He was never sure if his spells worked. Nothing never happened like they did in the movies but he couldn't forsake his religion.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 AM

All the while Shuji stood there, it wasn't exactly difficult to notice that the area around him were beginning to fill up with much more people; whether they were all vampires or not wasn't really any of his own concern, but rather if there were any human hunters around was what troubled his thoughts. With any hunters around at this time; seeing a vampire trying to speak with humans, they would probably think that he was trying to lure them out to kill them; so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see a hunter jump out to try and attack him. Having no idea there were two other vampires watching him at this point along with a human; Shuji just continued to await to see if the humans within the small cafe building would accept his own request to hear him out.

Within moments, when he had heard some male come out of no where speaking with him; asking if he was bothering the people within the small cafe building. Shuji turned his own attention right toward his side to notice that it was a male with slightly darkish white hair followed along by a blond-haired male along with him. It hadn't taken too long to notice when he saw the white haired male that he was a human; especially the scent that he gave off of human blood. With the other blond male, it was quite easy to tell he was a vampire due to the fact that the smell wasn't exactly the same as the human before him. But to simply answer the male's question; Shuji just shook his head. "No sir, I am not bothering them. I only w-wish to speak with the humans...including you..if you shall listen to my request." he stated firmly turning his attention back toward the cafe building when he had seen how a small light emitted from the inside of the building. The light looked just almost like as small as a flashlight would be so that obviously meant, the people in there at least heard him.

Soon enough after what seemed like a minute or so, hearing a female's voice come up telling Shuji to speak. His own redish crimson eyes widened slightly; to think, the humans actually accepted his request to hear him out rather than ignore it. Was it fear that struck them at the thought that he would attack them if they didn't accept? or was it simply just curiosity that struck them to wonder what Shuji wanted to speak about? Either way, it was good for him, since this allowed him to possibly get out what he wanted this whole time. "I was simply wondering...could we vampires and humans live in peace?...is all this fighting truly needed?...I understand that many of our race have killed your loved ones, we can't do anything to bring them back; and probably do even less to repent for those lost lives other than give our own lives. But there are vampires out there that do not wish to see death anymore than you humans do. I simply wish to ask of a favor that our two races could live as one and possibility help my kind become either less violent or help us become what you are..humans?" He explained, the only fact that he stated at the end about becoming humans just like the rest of them was due to the obvious fact that Shuji knew that all vampires, including himself were all human at least once in their lifetime or maybe before than. Although from what Shuji knew, he had thought for sure he was born since the beginning as a vampire so he wasn't too sure about himself, however he knew for sure still that all vampires were considered the undead anyway; so that had to mean they could've been turned to human somehow, if they were still living the way they were.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM

][ -pokes Happydeath- the blonde one is the human, and the white haired one is the vampire. You've gotten it a little mixed up. But that's alright.][

Alistair had parted his lips to speak after the other vampire had finished, only to promptly close that mouth at Kasimir elbowed him lightly in the gut. Fine, he'd let his human companion handle the situation. If things turned violent, he would step in to protect his blond, trouble making friend. With watchful eyes, Alistair kept watch on not only the odd vampire before him but the goings on around them as well. Alistair didn't really know too many vampires that would actually put up with talking to a human, or being elbowed in the gut by a human, but Kasimir was his friend and if his friend wanted to talk without interruption, then so be it. It was near the end of the conversation that he gave Kasimir a slightly reproachful look, only for an instant.

Kasimir had laughed and elbowed Alistair in the gut lightly, because he knew his vampiric friend wanted to say something. Oh, he'd let Alistair talk, but first he wanted to get his say in. "Look at you. Coming here to speak to the humans about peace! Look around!" Kasimir waved his arms all about them. "Do you see what your cousins are doing all around us. Slaughtering. Enjoying it with a psychotic fervor. You want peace? You need to start with your cousins before approaching humans with such an outrageous claim." The blonde human ran a hand through his hair. "The few non-psycho vampires are far out weighed by the crazy ones. Talk of peace...It's a noble idea, but your going about it entirely wrong."

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 AM

At this point Weston was wondering why this vampire asked for peace. He breathed in the air around him and decided to join the party. He carefully joined them on the floor below. "Greetings," he spoke in a posh English accent. "What with my hearing I couldn't help but to over hear that you fellow vampire want peace with humans. 'Tis a fruitless effort as you can tell. All the humans see is death. They don't see a compromise. They don't understand that some of us have found that compromise."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM

As Tess waited for the vampire to speak she ordered one of the men in the cafe to peek out the back door to see if there were any vampires lurking in the alley. The vampire began to speak, he was asking for humans and vampires to live in peace. Oh sure, just like that, she thought. Yes it's all up to me, a simple, 'Ok let's do it' and the world will be at peace again...? Is this man derranged?? She remembered he was a vampire, Yes he is. She replied, "It's your kind that began this bloodshed, it's your fault and your the ones who need to stop this madness, humans are only trying to defend themselves and survive." The man who had checked the alley returned and informed her that the alley was clear. Not trusting any of the group outside as a fourth approached she instructed the group to begin sneaking out the back two at a time and entering the clothing store who's backdoor was located a little farther down on the opposite side of the alley. She reached down and grabbed her Bowie Knife from it's holster on her leg, it had a ten inch blade. If the vampires began to notice she would have to defend these people the best she could. The lights flickered on for a moment and in an instant were gone again. Did they notice any of us walking towards the back? she wondered, worried. Someone must be working on the generator, Tess thought. She prayed they would hurry.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM

(@Kry
O_O Whoopies, sawwi D: )

Hearing the sudden outburst of laughter coming from the blond human male after Shuji had finished his own statement on asking for some kind of peace at least. He turned his own attention right over to him only to hear the man speak out about how the vampires were the first ones to start this whole problem with the humans going into hiding of fear that the other vampires would kill them one day. Lowering his eyes toward the floor slightly, Shuji had already known for a fact that this much was true; the vampires were originally the ones who had started this whole problem with killing the human race; but hearing about how the blond male considered the other vampires as though they were all family, like cousins. He gave a small gasp to himself as he looked right back at the man with shock still in his own eyes, that much was wrong of course. The vampires may had all been the same race, but however they weren't all family; they were just like humans in the same kind of way. They were all of the same race just like humans being of the same race, however vampires also had their own lives and only families. Just hearing how the man simply mocked the vampire race about all of them being evil, brought out a small fraction of Shuji's alternate ego only for his own eyes to give off a sudden darker red glow to his own eyes. Although since it was still small, he was able to hold it down to the point that he kept his own sanity.

"We--" Right before he could even finish up his own return statement to what he male said, seeing another male come landing from out of nowhere beside all of them. Shuji turned his own attention right over toward the male only to notice that he was a fellow vampire just like himself, although this one seemed a bit different from the rest as well; it sounded as though at first the man was also against and thinking that Shuji's idea for peace was simply pointless and stupid but after hearing the man speak a bit more; it seemed as though this other vampire was up for the idea for peace as well, however the human race wouldn't exactly accept that so easily. After-all, the vampires had taken many innocent lives of humans; even if there were good ones out there trying to clear their name for the fact that, not all vampires were like that. "But if we keep fighting the humans like this...we're all going to end up killing both our races to the point of extinction if something isn't done about it." he stated with his own facial expression showing much worry and concern across his own face.

Immediately hearing right after the same female voice from earlier within the small cafe speak up, saying that it was because of the vampires all the bloodshed had started. That the vampires were the ones that needed to stop what they were doing, that much was true; it was their kind that was causing the pain for humans to go across although it was mostly the insane ones that were doing this. Right as he was about to speak however, with the lights flickering within the cafe; it wasn't exactly that hard to notice that most of the other humans from within the cafe were beginning to make their way toward the back of the building. Not doubt, they were going to try and escape this entire situation. Shuji couldn't and didn't really decide to go after them, since that wouldn't prove anymore the fact that all the vampires were as bad as they all thought. "I understand that it is our kind that have caused the first humans of yours to die and began this war..but that is why I am here. I haven't come here to simply put that we all want the samething, but I have also come to insist a little...alliance..as you humans would call it." Shuji already knew this would probably mean that his entire, or at least 90% of his people would consider him a traitor for doing something like this. But part of him knew that the other 10% would maybe agree to this since they didn't want their children die either. Vampires had families as well, so that meant they also had feelings and children that had the feeling of pain as well. "I am here to ask if the ones of my kind could possibility help exterminate the insane ones of my kind..many of our kind have lost their minds and are killing yours due to lack of hope within themselves any longer. I'm sure you humans should know as well as we all do, that the vampires that are killing your kind..were once humans as well..I'm sure somewhere within them, they will be grateful to die; rather than continue to kill the ones they love."

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM

Weston raised an eyebrow at this vampire. Could it be that the myths were true? This vampire was not made but born? Weston quickly looked through his book to find the entry about these vampires and his face illuminated. Why yes, the myths were true after all seeing as this one had the right scent about him. Weston turned to him with a fanged smile. "How do you think we can get past the blood shed then? Some of our kind wouldn't be willing to see to these compromises that I mentioned before. All they want is the fresh kill. There are some of our kind that just need to be put down." The way he spoke with his book out and his collar high up with the black and the white scheme, it was almost like he was some kind of strange Wiccan priest. Something almost unheard of.

Brent Der Eisenwolf stood far away from the cafe but his finely attuned ears picked up the conversation like a sponge. Alliance? Peace? Ha, that is is a good one, he thought with a silent laugh. Wait until Aiden hears about this nonsense. As the older vampire, it was up to Brent to get the meal of the day which he did. He held a girl captive in his arms. Completely tied and bond. He held her close to his body. Shh, it's going to be alright, he thought as he held her close. It wasn't like the struggling girl could hear him. You're struggling will only make you taste that much sweeter.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM

Leaning against a pole on top of a building on the other side of the street Alice watched and listened to the pitiful vampire. Really? she thought to herself and shook her head. Scum like him needed to be taught a lesson on how to be a true vampire. Having heard enough she pushed off the pole. Taking a few steps back she ran and jumped off the roof. Sailing through the air she landed in a crouch on the cafe's roof top. Being over a thousand years old gave her an abundance of strength. Then jumping off the roof she did a flip in the air and once again landed in a crouch just in front of the doorway of the cafe.

Standing up Alice let out a tisking noise and sauntered over to the group. "What in the bloody hell is all this rubbish?" She asked in a British accent. "What kind of vampire are you? Peace with humans eh? You would kill a vampire so you could have your so called alliance with the food? That's what they are, food." She tone was filled with steel and ice. All Alice wanted to do was go over and rip his head off. But she was restraining herself, though it wasn't easy. Her golden eyes glowed in the darkness as she watched each being around her. She wasn't one you could catch of guard.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 07-31-2011 at 10:13 PM..

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM

Weston closed his book and put it under his arm. It seemed they had an older soul to them judging by her scent. He blinked a few times and then gave a chuckle. "There can only be peace one of two ways: blood shed or pacifism. I think we all know we aren't capable of the latter Miss..." His voice trailed off seeing how he did not know her name.

Brent's ears pricked up. He was about to leave but then he noticed the new comer to the group. He wished Aiden was there but he wasn't. He couldn't drop his meal to interact. At full speed he fled the scene. He had to get his pupil. This was something to witness.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-31-2011, 10:34 PM

When another vampire joined the group Tess' heartbeat started to pick up. She was a good fighter and had killed many vampires, but the cafe guests had all fled and now she was stading here alone, watching a group of vampires gather outside of the cafe. Please get the generator working, please. She prayed. She needed to get out of the cafe while they weren't paying attention and she had a chance. She turned her flashlight towards the back exit for a quick moment to guage where it was before shutting the flashlight off and heading for the door.

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 PM

Weston shifted his eyes to Tess. Where the bloody hell does she think she's going? he thought. With lightening speed and reflexes, he was in front of her. He smelled her out and was sure of it. She was a hunter. He could smell the burning fear as well bubbling under her skin. "I can assure you Miss that I for one will not be hurting you," he whispered to her. "I have other snacks that are more willing. Perhaps things would be better if you were to listen to my compromise? Hmm?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 PM

As Tess came to the exit of the cafe a vampire appeared in front of her blocking her way out. She jumped back and pointed her gun at him, with her blade still in hand. The gun was to scare him as it held no bullets, but he didn't know that, and the knife was her only real weapon. She knew that within moments the chances of the vampires all being before her were great. He was asking for her to listen to him, what was it with these vampires suddenly wanting to talk it out? Tess frowned at him and scoffed. They were all the same, tricksters. Well she wouldn't fall for it. She didn't want to risk wasting time here with him either, she needed to get away from this group and hide until more hunters arrived or the lights returned. She ran shoving him, with her knife as her sheild, slicing into his chest as she pushed past. Now in the alley she ran as fast as she could run hoping he would find her too much of a fight and flee.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM

At first right after Shuji had finished speaking, hearing the other vampire that had just jumped out of no where; ask about what would happen about the other vampires who killed the human race just for the fun of it. He bit down onto his lower lip using both his fangs until the point that blood dripped from his own lower lip, keeping his eyes locked onto the male vampire he stared almost as though he was going to be exactly 100% sure about what he was planning. "Than we shall rid the world of them as well." he stated, knowing for sure that since he had just said that; he was no doubtly going to be considered a traitor even to those that probably wanted the samething. Although, that didn't exactly matter to him that much other than the fact that the remaining vampires could bring up the next generation much more peaceful and teach them what was right and wrong. Than, at least the humans would maybe come to accept the vampires for who they were and both races wouldn't have to deal with killing one another and making the other loved ones suffer pain of losing someone special to them. As for Shuji, he didn't really have anything else to lose at this point since both his parents had already died right before his eyes; so with them dead, everything he decided was on his own.

All of a sudden, when another female voice had come up out of nowhere; Shuji knew for a fact that this place was going to be crawling with vampires soon or later. Staring up toward the top of the cafe building with his own red crimson eyes, it seemed this vampire was against the idea of trying to get peace between the two races as well. Giving a little sigh and shaking his own head; he refused to argue with the older looking vampire in front of him. "You understand nothing about our kind, but only the true love blood and food..your just like the rest of them. You are simply another human soul that is longing for freedom deep down whether you understand it or not..whoever had turned you into what you are now..simply taught you the vicious ways of our kind. Nothing more." Shuji spoke keeping his alter ego deep down rather than lose control since nothing at the moment was provoking him to bring it back out. Hearing the other male vampire speak about there being only two ways for peace would be either bloodshed of their own kind or pacifism. Shuji just looked right down at both his hands before nodding to himself. "This whole thing started with bloodshed of the human race...so in return, it will end with bloodshed of our kind...we took blood of others and in return..we shall return the same by taking blood of our own." he spoke, knowing even that wouldn't change the fact that the loved ones that died wouldn't be repaid no matter what. Other than that, there was only one other choice..but that was nearly impossible to many vampires not to mention humans but it couldn't hurt to try. That would be to possibility find a cure for vampires to return to what they truly were originally. Humans.

All of a sudden, when the male vampire had immediately vanished into thin air. Shuji simply turned to look at where the male was standing before tilting his own head, there was only one way a vampire could do something that was almost just alike as teleportation and that would be the speed a vampire would have when they were moving at full speed. Simply wondering why the male had vanished just like that, it hadn't taken too long for Shuji to notice that the human female he was speaking to earlier wasn't saying anything for a while now. So simply looking right back toward the cafe, he noticed how the shadows that once were within the building were now gone. Including the single female shadow that was once in there, no doubt; that male was probably going after her. He had already had the feeling that the humans wouldn't agree to his request, but that didn't change the fact that he was going to stop trying just right there. Simply from that, Shuji glanced back and forth at the remaining people around him; of course. Everyone was already against him and his idea.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-01-2011, 12:01 AM

Out of the corner of her eye Alice watched one of the vampires close a book and then speak to her. "You would be right about that. It's Alice by the way," she said in response of the question he didn't ask put loud. Curious she studied him and then he simply vanished. Concentrating on her hearing she heard him talking to a women at the back of the cafe. Smirking she turned her attention back to the group.

When the other one talked she raised an eyebrow and listened. Alice let out a chilly laugh and shook her head. People that knew her called her the Ice Queen as she usually had a ice in her tone. "I understand nothing? God how old are you, you twit? I have probably a thousand years on you and you have the nerve to say I do not understand our kind? When I was turned I finally became alive. My human years were when I was dead. We're vampires kid, it's in our nature to be killers." The whole time she spoke her voice was biting and frozen. Her golden eyes were also quickly flickering from person to person taking in their reactions.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 AM

Quietly glaring right up toward the female standing above on top of the cafe, as she spoke toward Shuji with the tone as though he was a much superior being just because she may had been older. Knowing for a fact that she may had been older by maybe a couple hundred years due to difference in vampire years and human years between the two of them. Shuji already knew that with the way she spoke she only knew what she was told when she had been turned from a human into one of them. Unfortunately for her, she seemed to had only learned about the negative things that vampires were known for; all humans that were bitten and survived the bite to turn into a vampire were always known to become what seemed like blood-thirsty killers. Shuji on the other hand and his entire family were born as vampires since the beginning so his mother and father both told him about what vampires were truly; both the negative things and yet also the positive. Thankfully, his mother and father; when they were still alive with him, they weren't exactly killers like the rest of the vampires but simply wished to protect their only child from harms way. Just like any ordinary human father and mother would want. "So..thats all you believe?...that we're killers meant to feast upon the human race til extinction..only for us to go extinct as well?..Thats all you believe, that we will feast upon the innocent to the point that there will be no more, and you will die of starvation?" Shuji stated slowly lowering his head to stare down at the floor with his own ego just sky rocketing upwards and downwards over and over again.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 AM

((happydeath my character is on the ground^^ Not on top of the cafe, she was but she jumped down:)))

Letting out a soft growl Alice began to tap her fingers on the side of her leg. Now was that what she had said? No it wasn't, of course she didn't think they should wipe out the population of humans. She wasn't stupid to want to do that and then die of starvation. "Did I say that? Sorry if what I said wasn't straight enough for you," she said with a sarcastic tone. "I'm saying we're meant to dominate over the human race. None of this let's live in piece rubbish. Yes we are killers but no we don't have to kill each time me feed. But if I fancy killing then yes I will. But no I'm not saying let's wipe out the entire existence of humans. I'm not fond of suicide muppet." Alice let out an irritated puff of air and continued to tap on her leg. Why am I even here talking to these wankers? She thought to herself.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 AM

((~facepalms~ Dammit! D: I keep forgetting what people post >w< Sawwi :headdesk: :lol: ))

Shuji just continued to stand there with his head lowered down staring at the floor, all the while the older female vampire in front of him was speaking with her annoyed tone still. Truly, this wasn't exactly what he wanted when he thought about coming here to speak with the humans within the cafe in front of the entire group of people. When she had spoke about saying what she thought was right that she wasn't planning to exterminate the entire human race, but rather just take down the humans for the fun of it or if not just for the food. At least, that was kind of good; he thought. Although still doing something like that would be partially unacceptable since who knew how much pain the humans could take. Although there was one thing that he didn't mention that he wondered what the vampire thought. "Sure, you won't kill the entire race..but whoever said the rest of our kind won't do so...? you know as well as we all do..that there are ones that don't really care for the extinction of the human race. They want to live as long as they can til the time comes."

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 AM

((hahahhaa it's ok!! I do it alllll the time lol. And I've never really played an evil character before so bare with me guys! Hey how are we doing the vampires? Can they come in humans houses without an invitation? Can't be out in the sun or light I take it?))

Annoyed and irritated Alice began pacing in front of the cafe. All the while she kept her eye on everyone. She was pacing with a bit of vampire speed so she was a little blurry as she moved. Hearing the kids words she focused on him for a moment then started watching everyone again. "They're all bloody plonkers if you ask me. Who wants to just live until the "time comes". Idiots.." Her golden eyes glowed even brighter in agitation. Whoever this vampire was he knew how to rile her up. Alice was going to have to eat soon or she was going to snap. "What are you suggesting because I know you suggesting something." She had to admit, he was intriguing her with his words. Whoever this vamp was, he was a smooth talker.