jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Linapoo!

Looking all fresh and Spring-like! Very nice colour balancing going on here, and a creative palette too! You wouldn't expect to see green and teal together would you, but don't they look good? I love the use of cream as an accent colour, it really gives the whole look some lift. The laurels beneath the cream flower looks exceptionally pretty too.

This is one of those deceptive outfits as there's not many pieces to it, but the combination is very together and gives an impressive overall look. Really nice!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2009, 08:28 PM

It's that time of the week again, and here's your winner, it's *Hime*!

Doesn't she look all bright and zingy? Very simple outfit, but so nicely executed! The rose looks so pretty against the rain hat, and it's nice to see the yellow bow tie being put to such good use too, that looks very cute paired with the white tie to create an entirely new top out of the green vest.

The wing on the boot on the avie's right foot makes it look like there's a hole in it's sock too, which is amusing xD

This is just sweet and neat and shiny and it makes me happy :D Well sone *Hime*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM

Here's your winner for this week, Arr, it be Jennifer!

I've had my eye on this one for a while, I'm not sure if she's tweaked it a little, or if it's just wormed its way further into my consciousness but it's looking great whichever it is!
Another outfit that's actually pretty simple, but the combination of items add up to a fabulous look.Great colour-balance, and I always like it when people can use both gold and silver together and have it look good. The dark skintone really sets the whole thing off too. Teal and aqua shades always look fabulous against darker skin, a fact that I'm eternally jealous of!

So well done Jennifer, and watch what you're doing with that cutlass xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Ferra!

Another really interesting look with an unusual colour combination! I love how you guys are coming up with some really different stuff lately :) Brown and black are two shades that are difficult to get to look good together but they work very well here, the horns look especially good with the steampunk helmet, the clever use of the band from the crown veil adding that touch of lightness to balance the head area with the rest of the outfit and to tie it in with the other silver highlights. Just the right amount of lighter shades use to brighten things up without adding "prettiness" that would disrupt the overall look, the bare toes even add balance too, they might also explain the facial expression xD

Nice bit of spatial balance going on too, the horns, the shoulder guards, both ends of the pudao and the edge of the cloak all frame everything very nicely.

Excellent job, Ferra :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Cami!

Doesn't she look all bright and cute and purty? The use of just primary colours and green reminds me strongly of children's toys, something that's backed up by the use of the duckies. It's bold and fun.

Also very nice use of the chocolate lemon dress. You don't often see those dresses used in more complicated outfits. There's lots of yummy balance going on here, no area has too much of anything. Plus the ever-awkward head area has worked nicely.
The head is the very worst area for people either grouping together entirely random items just because they're the right colour; or having too much of one colour and throwing the entire look off-balance, but there's none of that going on here.

Overall it's quite simply pretty and happy-making ^^ Well done, Cami :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Here's your winner for this week, It's Melody!

In a *shock horror* non-pink outfit! D:
This is an excellent piece of item combining, lots of items from completely different sets put together to form a very fresh and pretty outfit. Beautiful colour balance too. Some nice little touches in that department; the space skirt tucked beneath the blouse to add that little bit of yellow to the centre of the outfit, and in such a natural way that it looks like part of the blouse too.

I also particularly like the way the jacket looks with the cutie scarf and poinsettia pin. The evergreen boots do a good job of masquerading as socks, and there's no overload of pattern, just enough to give some interest. The white rose looks bright and clean against the red hair and compliments the Folklorico headband, and the pendant looks like pretty embroidery on the blouse!

Altogether a lovely outfit! Well done Mel! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's a rainbowlicious R a n d e h!

I love it when people manage to pull off a rainbow theme successfully, because they're just so pretty! But they are difficult to get right. It's all to easy to over-complicate them, or to get bogged down with the colours and end up in a mess. But not here, nice and simple so the colours can speak for themselves, giving a result that should put a smile on everyone's face :)
I particularly like the clever use of the bunny hairpin, that's a neat piece of blending.

So well done to R a n d e h, with her avie full of sherberty happiness :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-27-2009, 12:51 AM

Ok I'm done now, here's your winner for this week, it's Hollywood!

Looking like a visiting warrior goddess from outer space, do you think she comes in peace? D: That sword's just ceremonial, right? Very nice looking outfit though, pretty colour combination, I like the use of the leg warmers to balance out the hair, and how many of the colours are reflected in other pieces; the jade on the shoulder guard and the teal of the bustier both complimenting the tones in the peacock tail(and the eyes), and the purple of the little shawl going nicely with the hairpin and the darkest colour in the middle of the feathers, and those little bits of black for some depth.

I also like how the stars from the galaxy are all contained within the curve of the moon, those two items work very well together :yes:

But mainly the appeal here is how the outfit has been worked around the shades that make up the tail, and to great effect, well done Hollywood ^^

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Here's your winner for this week, looking delectable, it's Donna!

Absolutely love this! It's fun and sparkly and so very pretty, and most importantly of all maybe, there are items used that you rarely see getting an airing. So many people use variations of the same items/layering over and over again, creating looks which can be labelled as typically "ACish". So it's really refreshing to see some different items being brought into play.

The colours are lovely too, that vibrant light blue looks great with the warm pinky-red tones, and the cream and gold shades add lightness without brashness (white instead of cream would have been too in your face) and soften the overall look.

The tiny little touch with the Cherished necklace is very cute, too, and now I want to go try and make an outfit with one of my Big Top skirts xD

Well done Donna, for making such a lovely vibrant outfit :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Risque!

Sassy outfit going on here, shades of rebellious schoolgirl with the pigtails, the stripey socks and the tie, and that >_> look xD

A really quite simple outfit too, but those are often the best when the right items are combined, very nice distribution of colour, good complimentary shades used, nice to see one of the tiaras getting some good use as well.

A very well thought-out outfit altogether, pert and a little cheeky-looking, and so much more fun because of that, well done Risque :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-24-2009, 05:57 AM

Here's this week's winner, it's Intoxicate!

What do we have here, er? A little oh la la, perhaps? Maybe a soupçon of va va voom? Toxy puts me very much in mind of a sophisticated continental kitty, but has she a darker side, maybe? That eye patch is eloquent of a tussle or two with danger, maybe she's a member of la resistance? Maybe she has knives concealed in the toes of her pointed shoes D: That look on her face dares you to try and find out <.< >.>

I'm not going to mess with this kitty! *hands her prize money and scuttles away*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Rampartte!

Got some slinkiness going on here, a fun and exotic snake-charmer look! Hopefully no fear of this snake turning rogue and biting anyone though ;)
Very nice look this, it has depth and brightness too which is always good, and it's always great to see the tribal sleeves being used successfully as those can be tough to work with. You don't see the flower hairpins getting an airing that often either.

I love how the Lioness necklace looks like part of the neckline on the vest too, turning a simple garment into a fancy one in one easy move.

AND, I really like the almost sneaky bit of matching with the trim on the shoes and the snake's tongue xD Altogether a very fun outfit that makes use of a lot of items that you don't see all that often, so win/win for me!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-06-2009, 09:01 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Queen_Andais

Can't you just hear the parade in the background and smell the hotdogs grilling? This is such a fun outfit, and of course just right for the past weekend's celebrations so I just had to pick it as it makes me want to laugh and throw confetti myself ^^

I don't really have anything else to say about this, it just instantly made me grin, which is good enough for me :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's bloodstainedwings!

Really like the colours that have been used here, people tend to lean towards black and gold and maybe a bit of red for piratey looks, so it's really nice to see some pretty alternatives being used.Very nice bit of colour-balancing going on, and an outfit that actually makes the white scarf look good!

The combination of scary brows and whip is always entertaining too, or maybe she's going to wallop you with the lantern D: I'm not messing with her anyway *swiftly hands over 1000 gold and runs off*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's xTybaltx

Looking extremely dashing, we have a galant gentleman as our winner this week. Lovely use of items going on here, certainly not much in the way of matching, but the contrasting colours add to the dramatic effect for me, and the white stops anything from looking garish. For some reason, this outfit makes me think of Doctor Who, though I really couldn't tell you why, I can just imagine a Timelord wearing it while he dashing around the galaxy saving worlds and civilisations, and never getting a single speck of dirt on his pristine white gloves of course!

Just goes to show that our male avatars certainly can look masculine too, don't think anyone would be mistaking this chap for a girl. Very spiffy outfit, xTybaltx!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Cherry!

This is awesome, very 80s! From the bright colours (the shoes in particular) the spiky hair, the loud make-up, the tie, the little bag and especially the shoulder pads!! :lol: Probably not Cherry's intention at all of course, but this really puts me in mind of Wham and Human League videos xD
The two skirts look very like the ra-ra skirts that everyone was wearing at that time too, even the jewellery is a good facsimile of the hundreds of bangles that everyone wore back then ><

And of course, because it's Cherry we have good colour-balance, particularly nicely managed on the head, which has all the colours used but only once, and without the addition of pointless items simply because they're the right colour.

And I have THIS playing in my head now, so I'm going to inflict it on all of you, too!

Well done Cherry, a very fun outfit!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM

Winnah!!! It's Majhra!

Looking bright, bight, bright! This avie pops out of the screen at you and practically forces you to be cheerful! Another very simple outfit actually, the roses give it substance but there's very few clothing items used here, but it's still sunshine on a stick :)

Colour distribution that I enjoy too, there's probably some clever technical term for it, but for me it's just more orange at the top, offset by more red at the bottom. The coolness of the dark green nicely counter-balances all the hot shades and gives depth and freshness, and the Chicky just looks really cute xD

Overall, a lovely bit of avatar zinginess with a very pretty floral egde, lovely ^^

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Rylynne!

Doesn't she look pretty? All fresh and girly and fun. It's quite a perky little dance outfit really, I can just imagine her leaping about in a parade wearing this, twirling a baton.
I especially like how very nice the colours on the collar look with the muted pink of the vest top, and the cuteness of the green socks with the purple shoes, too. Just lovely use of colour! Awesome to see the PJ hairpin getting an outing too, it's such a pretty item, but I think many people struggle to use it, but it looks just right with this outfit.

Pretty pretty :3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Kultura!

This is awesome, she looks like a zombie guard on some tropical compound. I love the vibrant colours. The basalisk eyes work perfectly with the colours of the clothes, and, the sword compliments the skin so it's win all round!

Nice uncluttered head area, which makes the combination of harem headdress and flower pins look clean and dramatic as there's no distraction. The clothing combination is clever, you also get to play a little game of guess all the items, which is always fun.

Overall a striking outfit with a lot of impact, good job!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Knerd!

Knerd has a real knack for creating elegant-looking and neutrally-shaded outfits, she always manages to look lady-like :) She's pulled it out of the bag again here with an outfit which has both fun accent colours and understated style with a bit of cuteness thrown in for good measure.

Lots of very nice colour balance going on, the little fox cub plush being the perfect finishing touch for the orange, though my favourite bits of orange are the ruffles o the blouse sleeve peeking through.

I like the subtle addition of the hat, as you don't notice it straight away, and the fact that it looks like she might be trying to get the fox to catch grapes in his mouth while he'sstanding on his head xD

Altogether another very pretty and well put-together outfit from Knerd :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Here's your winner for this week, It's Hammy!

Seriously, this cracks me up! It's some scary hammer-wielding, battle-scarred demonic Celtic entity, but he never goes far without cookies for energy! Can't be having a dangerous slump in blood sugar or an attack of the munchies in the middle of havoc-wrecking! Or maybe they're exploding battle cookies, baked with a super-sharp killing edge...and maybe I read too much Terry Pratchett?

But this is a great outfit, it's very simple, but the choice of items makes it really full of impact and fun, and I'd run a mile if this little blighter appeared in a fairy ring at the bottom of my garden :XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Indy Lyon!

I like this outfit, it's sassy!

The head area looks cool, I love how nicely the ears go with the hat, and the hairpin adds feminine softness (but not too much) and contrast, breaking up the black nicely.

Good to see the Odyssey items getting an airing too, always makes me happy when I see people not using the same stuff as everyone else. See the Oriental Earrings dangling there too, another item that not many use, but they look just right for this outfit. Especially as the combination of those and the bracelet and belly and face tattoos add enough small black accents to prevent orange overkill in the centre, or an expanse of bare flesh.

The boots/striped stockings and wrap bottoms look funky together too, and the tail balances out the largeness of the hat.

Some of you might think that the apple messes things up, and maybe they should have used the green one to compliment the leaves on the hairpin, but I like that little bit of red. It doesn't spoil the overall look, and who matches their food to their outfit for heavens sake? Maybe that will be the next fad Hollywood diet? :roll:

Overall this is a very cool outfit, one you could almost pull off in RL too, if you were brave enough, I'd like to see ssomeone try it ;)

Congratulations Indy!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Sun!

Doesn't she look lovely? A gentle forest maiden protecting the tame woodland creatures on a beautiful sunny day. Such a pretty picture, and a perfect example of how you can create a lovely image without being obsessed about everything matching. This is colourful but nothing clashes, it's just a very mellow and serene scene, you can almost hear the little birdies singing ^^

Well done Sun for making such a very pretty picture!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Clair Voyant!

This is another one that got me in the funny bone, but it's also a cute and well balanced outfit, so win all round!

The outfit first: it's fun, and it's nice to see brown being used as the main dark shade instead of black, I really like the head bandana/helmet/flower combo too! Items you wouldn't expect to look good together but they do. The flower looks especially vibrant and lovely against the dark foil of the helmet behind it.
The shorts, helmet and oculars also hint towards the visual story that this look presents to me...

I see a pretty mental scientist clutching their Monster Book of Experiments, I think they've tried a few too many on themself seeing as they've sprouted a tail xD They have their safety helmet on, and their magnifying specs, and the expression on their face makes me worry what's going to happen to that fawn xD Unless the fawn used to be something else :lol: Altogether this is a fun, cute and entertaining outfit. Well done Clair :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2009, 03:36 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's *Hime*!

This is a cute little outfit! Bold and dark colours, but they don't bring it down because the yellow brightens it right up and makes it perky. The combination of tops and gloves is very nicely done, with the overall effect looking like just one fancy garment. The jewellery added a splash of brightness to centre that area very nicely too.

There no excessive use of socks! Some people go way too far with the socks and it makes an outfit look silly >< The head items are managed nicely too. Now those of you who read what I say will know that I have big issues with people using an item simply because it's the right colour but with no consideration for the actual item and whether it looks right with what you're pairing it with, for example wearing a headkerchief and then sticking a crown on top of it, just because the colours are right.

This assortment of head items is interesting though. Yes there's my hated headkerchief/hat combo xD But it's not very obvious at all, just a small amount of undefined colour. I also really like how the hairpin and laurels combine against the black of the hat, that colour combination looks great. I think the lack of an amount of hair makes the head items work well, too!

Altogether it's a neat and fun look, congratulations!