jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's .Simplicity.!

This is a neat little outfit! Pretty simple but still exotic-looking because of the items used. I love how the Selene necklace looks over the Olympia top, and the sporran and lunar belt look bold against the dark bloomers.

One of my little preferences here too, which is the successful use of both gold and silver in the same outfit, giving a nice balance of warm and cool. I like the use of a dark skintone, that undoubtedly helps towards making this outfit stand out, as do the contrasting and complimentary gold eyes. I really like the head item combination actually, especially against the red hair, looks great, and the sparkles of course xD

Very nice outfit, well done!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Silver Magi!

This is cool because at first glance they look like a cute doggy, then, just as you're thinking of patting him on the head you notice the horns and the glowing red >_> eyes and have a bit of a rethink xD The look reminds me of the original Stargate movie actually as it has an Anubis vibe going on :yes:

I really like it, the Egyptian feel is hinted at without being over-done, and the use of the white muzzle on the dark skin looks really striking, plus the hair looks like dog ears too, win!

Good use of high contrast shades for impact and because the look is uncluttered nothing looks over-the-top. Still wonder if he'd bit my hand if I offered his a biscuit though <.< >.>

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Ayreiya!

This is no doubt the simplist outfit that I've chosen for a very long time, but it is just SO cute! It's adorable! It's also a "proper" outfit if you get what I mean, if you owned these items yourself you could totally work this look in real life and look amazing.

I enjoy the tonal red shades too, see how the hair acts as a backdrop for the dress because it's a lighter shade of the same colour, and the little bits of green from the eyes and the leaves on the hairpin add a little bit of pop, as does the silver jewellery.

Part of the charm of this outfit is its simplicity, there's nothing over-loading it and weighing it down with clutter. That lets the balance created by the pretty frilly dress and the edginess of the punkish boots shine through to maximum effect. So nicely done, just goes to show that pairing simple statement pieces is sooften the way to achieve a look with the most impact. Well done Ayreiya!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Naiyaraba!

Yes, we have a guy winner! Or a male avatar at least xD and don't they look great? Lovely bit of colour-balancing going on, with sneakily awesome use if the white rubber boots! A really nice twist on the conventional angel/demon look too, can you tell at all which side thing guy is on? I certainly can't. But who cares when he looks this good, right?

I really like the item combination on the upper body, some great choices there to create a very dapper look, the katanas look great against the light background of the cloak too, that same contrast looking just as great with the hair and horns too. No clutter anywhere which is why the outfit has the impact that it does. Top marks!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Found a winner! It's JapaneseCherryBlossom!

This is cool, very nice use of the new items BUT worked into an outfit using old items too, which is what I like to see! The drapes from the scythe CI look great with the hat, and the green accents really lift the whole outfit. There's more great item combinations here too; the bell-sleeve top with the collar and bow tie look made for each other, and the corset bow looks just right too.

Overall this outfit makes me think of a rather saucy Victorian dominatrix, lol. Whipping by candlelight xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Shiggy!

I like pirate outfits, they're fun! I like this one especially because of the colours used. Those boots look perfect for this look, and just see how great the chest harness from the Revenant set looks with this! That ties the outfit together really neatly!

The watch and candle lantern add interest and lift the outfit by making it different, as the average pirate look would just add a sword. I really do like the neutral palette used for this though, it's also good to see the Celtic belt being put to good use as that's a much neglected item but it's probably the best-fitting belt that we have.

Nice job Shiggy!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 AM

Got a winner for ya! It's jeregretriens!

I've had my eye on this outfit for a while, waiting for it to be completed with a hat, and now it has been :D I like this a lot, a good crazy professor kind of look. How crazy I don't want to even try to guess, what kind of stuff are they doing for them to require armour instead of corduroy elbow patches! D:

I really like the basically neutral and warm palette used but with green as the accent colour, it's also really nice to see those pants being used as they very rarely are! This is an outfit that I think I can get away with calling spiffy! Very simple, but a strong, well-themed look none the less and has all the more impact because of that, also, it's totally differnt from what most people come up with, so it really stands out.

Well done jere!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Elwing!!

Now for those of you who know her, you'll know that Elwing strongly favours the blue and the brown together. In this outfit she's combined those two shades to great effect, making them flow beautifully by adding some lighter and fresher shades for contrast.

The whole outfit has some lovely movement to it from the drape of the skirt, waist sash and headdress. The white and silver add brightness and are placed well for balance, and the green touched add a fresh element which enlivens the whole thing :D

She looks like a genteel maiden, come to sing us a song *sits and waits to be serenaded* :D

Congratulations Elwing, on a very pretty and elegant outfit :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Rad!

Very much like this! It's full of deep, rich colours. He looks like a noble prince out hunting in his personal forest. I really like the use of the laurels, they give both a regal and natural air, and the Artemis skirt is a very clever touch as it looks like posh decoration. The sash from the Peacock Scythe is the perfect finisher for His Highness, too ;)

Another thing I like a lot about this is the general black/brown/green main colours are broken up by little flashes of a variety of other shades; the pink, the red, the blue and the gold. These all look great against those dark backdrop shades. The black Revenant boots are an inspired choice too, adding another knightly aspect. Great outfit, Radley!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Skullushka

This really caught my eye! And not just because of the evils they're giving me :lol: I really like how neat this outfit looks. Firstly, it's an unusual colour combination, and the item choices are different to what a lot of people tend to use. It's a compact and tidy look. Maybe an assassin who cleans up after them?

I really like how the little black pouch looks like it's attached to the belt on the waistcoat, that's a trick I'm going to have to remember for later use! The warm skintone helps bring the look together, and that hair looks particularly cool with the top hat. The earrings break up the darker shades in the head area just right, and the cutie scarf, whilst not really immediately noticable definitely adds a further touch of polish to the look.

Overall, Skullushka looks nifty!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2009, 12:23 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's GangsterGlam!

This is ACE! It's loud and vibrant and jumped off the screen at me and shook me, lol *pick me!!!* :lol: I don't know whether it's intended to be festive, but it definitely has that vibe about it because of the bold colours, but because it's not your typical red/white/green/gold mix it doesn't look "Christmassy" it's simply fun and celebratory. It's a life and soul of the party outfit!

I really like the colours, it's a lovely warm-looking combination, particularly because of the golden-yellow of the scarf and the skirt's stripes. I like the cheeky addition on a coloured sole to the boots by wearing Lise's shoes underneath them and there are a few little things that rather amuse me too!

Check out the party girl...she's got her watch to make sure she's not late, and so she doesn't burn out from all that dancing, she's stashed sugary substances about her person. The cookie will go pretty quick, but when she's flagging later on there's a handy candy necklace to nibble on xD

A great, fun outfit! Congratulations :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2009, 12:16 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Kultura!

Great goddess look going on here. Nice dramatic colours used, especially the dark skintone with the gold make-up. Can't really decide if she's good or scary, but I think she looks mainly benign >< ...the item layering is great, creating a suitably regal-looking outfit, the neckline of the Olympic top definitely adds to that.

Very nice placement of the gold accessories, well-balanced and not over-done, and the leaf wings and harem headdress combine to give a great frame of leaves for the head. Overall it's a really eye-catching look. Top marks for Kultura!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 AM

Here's your winner for this week, the first for 2010, it's Captain Aamelia!

This is a HOT look for the cold start of a new year, she's lookin' sexeh! Very reminiscent of a showgirl to me, but one from a bygone era. I can just see her kicking up her heels on a paddleboat on the Mississippi with some poker games going on in the background amidst the cigar smoke.

Best not try to slip a dollar into this one's stocking though, that voodoo hat may be a not so subtle hint that if you try your luck with this fair maiden, you may end up with a curse on you ;)

And I know this is nothing more than a gap between skirt, gloves and ribbons, but that one pixels-worth of empty space there makes it look like she's wearing a socking great diamond ring, nice effect to get from nothing! Look, when you zoom in on it, it even shines!
http://www.menewsha.com/img/24237/cb...ec9caab6ea.jpg

Awesome avatar to start off the year with! Congratulation Captain! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Siri!

This is a first for me with picking a cosplay, but this one was done so nicely that I couldn't resist it. The scene is set very well; she looks so innocent with her eyes closed like that, and the birds look like they're trying to warn her about the apple, "Nooo, have some grapes instead!" lol. Squirrel's not interested though, he's too busy filling his face xD

It always interests me to see what good cosplays people can come up with, so you never know, someone else might win with one at some point. IF it's one that I recognise, bearing in mind that I know nothing about anime and manga >< But there isn't anyone who isn't going to recognise this one, well done Siri!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Kiari!

I like this very much! It has a lot of character going on. The combination of cat ears, white skin and black mohawk looks great. As does the attractive mix of items, especially the cravat with the bell-sleeve top and the the collar.
The simple pants and skirt together look very neat and the colours throughout are beautifully balanced.

And check out the lack of accessories!...just the glasses and a pair of earrings, the whole impact of this look is from the overall simplicity, it lets the items speak for themselves and it works. A great outfit, well done Kiari!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 AM

Here's your winner for this week! (sorry it's a bit late, I've been busy :sweat: )

It's Goblin Maiden!

This is cute! The fun and fizzy colours used makes it all bright-looking but the black grounds it nicely to it doesn't get all eyeball-searing >< I really like the colour-combination actually, it's unusual but it works well. Lovely bit of balancing with the upper half of the body, too...look how you can just see the lilac trim at the top of the big top gloves and the sneaky bit of pink added with the earrings and the eyes. The teak goggles look great against the hair (plus it's nice to see someone using my hack-job hair, too xD)

Some of you will probably be chaffing because some of the colours don't match exactly :lol: But they don't need to as long as something looks good, which this does :D Well done Mai!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Roar!

This amuses me! I like the skeleton kitty look it's cute, plus the clashing colours are cool. Colour distribution is nice, I like how the pink in the ears is reflected in the top and the socks, also how the layering isn't over-done at all, giving a look that's semi-casual but a bit edgey. I especially like how the lower edge of the T-shirt gives that nice bit of balancing darkness across the waist.

The cravat looks just great with the more laid-back items that it's paired with, and, the decoration on the headband looks like a big earring because it sits so neatly under the cat ear! Notice how the mask fits perfectly with the cat theme too, as the shape of the eye sockets are quite feline :yes:

Fun outfit, Roar, well done!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's KatMagenta!

I just love the clever layering of this! The overall look comes across as quite regal to me, Kat looks like a page or something. I think this is particularly because of the items on the upper body as the combination creates a look that appears to be a fancy, gold-trimmed shirt topped by a red waistcoat with big gold buttons! The bone belt looks like ruffles on the bottom of the shirt too. All the items are pretending to be something else, it's great!

The shorts over the white of the Odyssey suit adds to the pageboy look, and is snazzed up beautifully with the red stockings and the elegant fighter boots. I also really like the apparent conflict of the serene facial expression whilst clutching two deadly weapons xD

Overall it's just a very pretty and clever outfit! Nicely done Kat :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2010, 06:06 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Mnemosyne!

Isn't this cute? I can't decide it it makes me think of a human dressing as a fairy, or a teenage fairy going for a more cool look, lol, it's just cute! Very simple outfit that's lifted beautifully by the addition of the wings and the lantern. The black adds drama and lovely contrast but it's balanced and mellowed by the soft greens with the orange adding nice warm touches.

My favourite part is the clever use of the Tiki skirt underneath the Valentina skirt to give the cool pointy edge to the hem, but I like how the skirt and singlet together make a simple and elegant dress. It's also nice to see someone use green hair well. I'll be the first to admit that our green hair palette isn't the most attractive thing out there :lol: but that shade looks great.

You guys know that the head area is a particular bug-bear of mine, and I get frustrated by people piling on items that look very silly together just because they're the right colours. See this is a nicely decorated head, lol. The simple bow doesn't compete for space with the fancier hairpin, it just adds some depth behind it to make the head area nicely balanced.

Congratulations Mnemosyne for such a sweet outfit :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Seer of the Future!

This one really caught my eye! Many people have gone for the all white/silver ghostly approach before but it's a hard look to pull off with panache, but I think that's been achieved here.
With her closed eyes and peaceful expression she looks graceful and serene, like a goddess or a guardian angel, maybe. Also, the fact that her feet are hard to see adds to the ghostly look by making her appear to be floating.

Nice choice of items too, because often when people go for this kind of look they focus solely on colour and don't take into account whether the items actually go together or not, but this is a pretty and complimentary outfit :yes:

Clever piece of work, Seer, well done :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Ok, here's your real winner for this week xD It's Seiki!

I like this a lot, very pretty colour scheme, all pastelly and girly xD I like how he's taken the colour from the inside of the cat ears and reflected it in the top and the stockings. The foot layering is cute as is the little bit of sneaky with matching the hair to that one little bit of the carnival pin.

But it's the overall look that appeals to me the most. Puts me in mind of some kind of futuristic robot or cyborg kitty, the fireflies give the sparkly impression that it's just stepped from a rift in time from the future and is coming to steal our catnip! (and souls). Gonna run from the scary hypntic eyes now xD

Well done, Seiki!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Clair Voyant!

Doesn't she look pretty? Might sound a bit weird but she puts me in mind of someone entering a fancy dress contest as an Easter egg (not that I'm craving chocolate or anything!) xD
Got a combination of fun and elegance here. Warm Spring-like colours tempered by that rich chocolatey-brown makes me think of the nicer weather that's starting to appear now, so the little flowers and butterflies from the cloak fit perfectly.

The banadana under the hat is a clever way to add the green to the top half of the avatar, and the pink neckerchief brings things together nicely around the neck. Very nice colour-balancing going on actually. It's also nice to see the Artemis items getting an outing as they tend to get neglected these days.

Well done Clair!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2010, 12:51 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Ze_Mole!

Spring has most definitely arrived here in England, but I'm picking an avie that reminds me of winter! I like this though, it makes me think of those fresh December days that are cold but bright and sunny, the ones that make the inside of your nose tingle when you breathe in.

Mole has chosen a lovely cool palette; clean and fresh blues and white balanced nicely with the darker purple tones, the head area looks jaunty with the bright wings against the dark hair and the dapper little hat. The background compliments without blending in too much, and the snowflakes add subtle interest and sparkle.

I also like how the avie is well covered, so even though they're out in the snow, they don't look cold >< It's a cute and fun outfit, not all girly and frilly, but still feminine, and I do like it when people use the ties because they're cool 8)

Nice look, Ze_Mole, congratulations :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Gots a winner for ya! It's Ferra!

This is cool, she looks a bit malevolent because of the facial expression and the huge hammer xD I don't know if any of you read Terry Pratchett, but this look puts me in mind of the various supernatural creatures that were created by random comments in The Hogfather. I can just see this as the Stub-your-toe-on-pieces-of-furniture fairy, there to wallop you with its hammer if you wandered too near a chair leg with bare feet...

I like the colour combination a lot, it looks earthy and natural. I also how the cap cleverly hides the horn's headband and the sash and cap compliment each other extremely well, it's also great how the hair and beard match so nicely.

Altogether a fun and imaginative look, well done Ferra :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Here's your winne for this week, it's Nephila!

This is great; awesome monster look as there's really no "human" aspects left on the avatar. The tail works really well with the fishface mask, the wings of course are just perfect for a serpent look and the hair adds great drama. Also the profile of the hair/wings combined is great, they create a good shape together which the tail balances out on the bottom half.

The gold skin completely takes away any impression that it's just a person dressing up. The egg adds an amusing touch as it could well be an unhatched baby xD And um, well xD There's always the fact of the big red nips created by the dangly bits on the mask :lol:

I fear for that egg when it hatches though, Mommy looks a bit hungry xD

Fun outfit, Nephila, well done!