jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Chunsa-chan:

You know the first thing that caught my eye about this avatar? It was the butterfly! Not because it's cute and pretty, but because of the immediate impression that I got from it.

See, I see the avatar as a high-tech spy :ninja: Lots of gadgets and gizmos, including being able to fly, goggles that probably give every kind of vision possible, fancy armour and a state-of-the-art communication system, plus nerve gas if things get too exciting. But what's this, a pretty butterfly :D

Well, no, it's a drone...Made to look like a completely harmless insect so people are entirely fooled by it. Its flies around above its controller, feeding them back an aerial view of their surroundings, which of course gets projected onto their fancy-shmancy goggles. So they can totally creep up on their quarry.

Of course now if I see a blue butterfly I'm going stamp on it repeatedly and people are gonna think that I've gone nuts, but hey, such is life =3

Congrats on a very cool avatar, Chu!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's zigbigadorlube:

I'd say the weather is totally what made me go for this one! I don't know what it's doing in your part of the world, but summer has certainly fled from these parts! A week ago we had a heatwave, but now it's well and truly October; wet, grey and cold. Looking at this avatar is like looking through a secret window into a perfect perpetual summer. I'll bet there's not even any bugs that want to bite and sting you! Just those fireflies floating around, those might even be fairies as it's day time!

Some great balancing going on here, too! The head items look great together, the big flower pins go perfectly with the headband, the organza trim adds softness and light without being over-powering. The harness is the same shade as the centre of the flowers and the basket. The little touches of yellow on the outfit; the bead, the belt that looks fab underneath the harness, and do you see the yellow puffs peeking out from beneath the sleeves?

It's a sweet and lovely outfit, and makes me long for some sunshine!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Captain Aamelia:

The stuff of nightmares, right here! This is some noxious creature, kept in a deep, dark dungeon somewhere, but it's broken free!!! :gonk: Flee for your lives, it's gonna EAT YOU!

Look at those big bulbous eyes, perfect for searching you out when you try to hide in dark corners. Check out that gross mold growing all over it! Bet that will poison you if you inhale it, and OMG, is it wearing the bones of its last victims...those snakes growing out of its head can probably taste the scent of tendet human flesh at 50 paces, and tangle around you on capture to stop you from escaping.

But I'll bet it lets you get away at least once, so it can let you think you have a chance. Whilst in the meantime it has a load of fun, working up an appetite from hunting you through the dank and gloomy forest...

Enjoy your lunch! :twisted:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Linnea:

She's a pretty flower, a clever one, too! A couple of very nifty touches here, the leaf wings of course couldn't be more perfect for this. Then there's the arm camouflage! What an excellent way to blend the arms and hands in with the sky so the avatar can look all the more like a giant sunflower. The dark skin tone to emulate the dark centre of the flower is aother great addition, too. Maybe something that not everyone would have thought of.

Of course this does raise the question...is that one extremely tall sunflower, or are the trees super short :lol: Maybe their growth has been stunted by the flower, it's drunk all their water too! I'm not sure whether, if I saw this stalking through the fields, I'd think it was awesome, or be afraid it might eat me. Any of you guys seen/read Day of the Triffids? :ninja:

Let's not go down that route anyway! This is a happy, sunny avatar, not one that's out to kill humanity :o

Congratulations Linnea!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM

Here's your creepy Hallowe'en AP winner! It's Krazy Kiara:

Scary enough for ya? Certainly not someone I'd want turning up on my doorstep wanting candy :gonk: Especially as they might smite me with thatstaff if I'd eaten it all myself already :ninja:

I love how the avatar looks all diseased and yukky, the black halo and lightning makes me think of a demon, come up from the underworld to spread nastied and infect us all! Bringing with it a rain of the bones of its previous victims!

But you know what I like the very best about this look? It's a really small thing too! Look up above the halo, that skull there that's above the cloud, it looks like a little ghost peeking out at you up there :lol:

A creepy but fun avatar, Kiara!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Itachi's bride:

A perfect little imp for the Hallowe'en season! Using a good selection of items, too! An imp with an eye for fashion, clearly! Just because you're some devilish minion doesn't mean you can't look good. If that was me I'd totally get those blood red lowlights to compliment my wings, too!

I like how the outfit is sexy, but still decent. It definitely looks naughty, but there's very little flesh on show, it just gives the impression of sexiness. Long gloves and bare upper arms will do that every time. As will a choker above a low neckline.

The use of the pin on the bloomers makes me wonder...that heart that's pinned onto it, who's was it o: Some soul who wouldn't submit? Someone who enjoyed being smacked with the crop a little bit too much? :ninja:

I wonder if imp's have an oath of secrecy like doctors and lawyers do :lol: Hopefully she's not coming after me anyway! I don't wanna get flayed alive :gonk:

Fun avatar, congratulations!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's d2hiriyuu:

Sneaky! SO many things could be going on here, but what I see is a hungry beastie disguising itself as a harmless tree so it can lure unsuspecting small (and tasty) animals into its trap. Little foxeh's gonna be lunch! :o

This is great though! What a clever way to pretend to be a Christmas tree! Another avatar comprised of not many items either, but perfectly executed, especially the brown legwarmers for the tree's trunk, inspired!

I'd shake those presents to try and guess what was in them, but I'd be afraid of getting eaten :ninja:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Wings of Writing:

This is so pretty! I love the combination of neutral tones used, but when I saw this it immediately reminded me of a scene in a story. For those of you who've read Prince Caspian; when Susan's horn is blown by Caspian and the children get pulled back into Narnia from the train station on their way back to school after the summer holidays...

They find themselves in the ruins of Cair Paravel, and witness a dwarf being thrown overboard to drown by a pair of enemy soldiers. After they rescue him and get to know him he has a little archery contest with Susan in the orchard that's grown up around the castle, and this is exactly what this avatar makes me think of!

I love how the colours used seem to combine both autumn and spring, because there's freshness and life there, as well as warmth and comfort. It's a picture that makes me wish it was Google maps! So I could pan round and look at the rest of the area, because it would be such a pretty and nice place to see <3

Well done for making me feel happy just before my bedtime :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Snowberry:

OMG xD Yan running amok again! Will you look at this, he's got the maid so very mad she's turning into a demon! Food thrown everywhere, blood all over the floor (who's is it!) Wild animals loose in the house, having to wrestle a deadly weapon from his hands...bet she only took her eyes off him for 10 seconds, too!

This just cracked me up as soon as I saw it, particularly as Yan's clearly not finished and wants his big axe back :lol: Of course Snow might have been a demon in the first place. Hell's spawn might be all a person would consider employing to babysit Yan, and he still manages to misbehave and nearly destroy the house! If you could pan around I wonder what else would be seen...and just who did all that blood belong to?

Maybe it was one of those annoying people who knock on the door trying to sell you stuff you don't want, Yan would be very handy for getting rid of them, but then again, so would a demon maid :lol:

Nice going, Snow!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2011, 05:57 AM

Here's your winner for this week, it's monstahh`:

You know what this makes me think of? A little helper fairy maid, who flies in during the night and does "stuff". She's got her little utility bag there, and you can bet your life that holds an awful lot more than you'd ever think possible. I'm not talking mops and buckets here, this lady might be wearing a maid's hat but I can't see her wielding a duster, I can imagine her doing something far more important.

Maybe she's a finder of small and precious things, maybe she's a fixer of cherished items. Things that may have been lost for ever or damaged beyond repair, get a bit of love and attention in the wee hours so they can go on giving us joy.

She's wonderfully dressed too, of course! A delicious colour combination, makes me think of summer, and sorbet, I particularly like the use of green and teal together. On a more personal note, Mon's own hair has probably been a very similar colour to this avatar's hair, too, which is always fun!

I wonder if this little fairy knows where all the odd socks go =O

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's Ribe:

Demon duck!! Demon duck who's gonna give you a whuppin'! But incidentally also likes wearing frills and baking (nice pinny). This makes me giggle. There's immediate impact because of the colours used, but when you actually really look at the avatar you can't help but wonder what the story behind it is!

Is it a placid duck person gone bad? Or that duck demon, trying to disguise its true identity and lure innocents to...well, to what? One of us!! Time to be assimilated and become one with the great demon duck god!

Please note, sensible demon minion wears a rain hat! Think of the clouds of steam that would be generated from rain falling onto that head, they wouldn't be able to see where they were going :lol:

For some reason I know have a craving for roasted duck :ninja: Nice avatar, Ribe!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM

Here's your winner for this week, it's dragonjake:

I'll admit it, this kind of creeps me out! I get a really strong impression of stillness from this. Like you'd walk past this figure in an overgrown graveyard and it would just be stood there like a statue, and it would freak you out. Because I get the distinct feeling that as soon as you turned away...*shudders*

The bleeding eyeholes are gruesome, of course, BUT...damn it! The green skin makes it look like he has no face. You can see the trees through his face! Now kiddies, what characters do you know that have no faces, just eyes beneath their crowns... :gonk:

Honestly, I don't want to look at this any more!!!

Well done Jake, you've totally creeped me out with this avatar :lol:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 AM

Here's your winner for this week, the last Admin's Pick of 2011! It's Heiyuu:

What a lovely festive avatar! Really imaginative! This is one of those outfits that have me thinking, "why didn't I think of putting those items together!". Mainly the two skirts, those look fantastic together! And the bell-trimmed bows over the waspie, another inspired choice. This whole outfit is a perfect example of one of my favourite things, which is people creating a solid look from a mixture of items that you'd never think of putting together.

I also like how this looks festive without being over-loaded with extra bits and bobs, just a simple snowy backdrop to showcase the outfit. Do you think she's going to sing us some carols? :D