Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-26-2013, 02:48 PM

i knew it!

_Mem_
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Trying to do a female version of Sherlock Holmes :) Does my av look ok or missing something?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-26-2013, 03:40 PM

BWAHAHA! Oh noes! Even when I'm in the shower??? HOW INDECENT!!!

@Mem: I love it! I think maybe perhaps adding a lamp post? I think there's one in the new train station CI - I don't know if it's separate though - but if it is I think maybe adding one of those would look perfect! Kind of breaking up the background a little and making it flow a little more!

o: And now I want to make a bath time avi! But I can't find suds anywhere.. Didn't we have a CI or EI with bubble suds? I'm a bit behind on the CIs, but I swore I saw one lol

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 09-26-2013 at 03:53 PM..

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 AM

When just looking at it, I didn't get a Sherlock Holmes feel. It seems extremely black to me. However, I'm guessing you're largely doing this based off of the new TV series?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
We are.
Well in that case... *moons*

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 03:14 AM

I can't wait to see who Ikuto picks. > w>

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-27-2013, 04:23 AM

i bet it's someone without pants

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-27-2013, 05:37 AM

Pants are totally overrated

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-27-2013, 08:16 PM

My turn! ;D
My pick goes tooo~ Nonsensical:! (Who is totally wearing pants, btw! )

I can't say I know for sure what's going through Nonsensical's head, but by the look on their face, I'm pretty sure I can relate. In the woods with a leaf hut, gun, and flashlight? Been there! Really, who hasn't? All you want is a little more sleep, but those bumps in the night are so bothersome. You try to keep a smile on your face to lift the mood, but you're annoyed and just want to get some shut eye. If you hear just one more noise, you're going to lose your mind and shoot!
Sleep deprivation aside, I really like how Nonsensical created this very woodsy and ominous environment then put just a speck of humor in it by smiling. It puts the fear of thunderstorms right back into me, with the retention of laughter so I can hide in the leaf hut and make jokes about what a sissy I am. Without shame!

Remind Ikuto of being a scaredy cat and get AP? Check!
Good job, Nonsensical.

Nonsensical
Keeper of Keeps

Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM

Well, that certainly surprised me! Here I am moaning over the fact that I never buy enough clothing and thinking my avatar is terrible, and I'm one of the chosen ones... I will never understand the ways of the admins, but thank you nonetheless~!

Oh, and yeah, that's basically what I was going for. The smile's there because I'm trying to be nice, but I really do need some peace and quiet.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 PM

@Nonsensical - I know exactly what you mean about having a lack of wardrobe! I have so little items as well!!
I really love the creativity of this avi though. It's hilarious yet ominous at the same time! Such a great combo. Congrats on the win!! :D -high fives-

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
And my inaugural Pick goes to........Emma Corrin: !

Maybe it's because I had at least three different Little Mermaid themed birthday parties as a kid. Maybe it's because I was so terrified of the sea witch that I'd have to hide in the bathroom whenever the final fighting scene played on tv. Maybe it's because Disney based the character's design off of Divine. Whatever it is, I really adore this cosplay!

Emma Corrin found a way to recreate everything from Ursula's purplish skintone to her cave lair. Those billowing skirts were the perfect choice to hide whatever tentacles might be lurking underneath. Overall, I can see exactly what Emma was aiming for and I admire the resourcefulness!

Congratulations!
Awesome job Emma! I have to agree. When I saw this, I thought to myself "genius"!

---------- Post added 09-28-2013 at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
My turn! ;D
My pick goes tooo~ Nonsensical:! (Who is totally wearing pants, btw! )

I can't say I know for sure what's going through Nonsensical's head, but by the look on their face, I'm pretty sure I can relate. In the woods with a leaf hut, gun, and flashlight? Been there! Really, who hasn't? All you want is a little more sleep, but those bumps in the night are so bothersome. You try to keep a smile on your face to lift the mood, but you're annoyed and just want to get some shut eye. If you hear just one more noise, you're going to lose your mind and shoot!
Sleep deprivation aside, I really like how Nonsensical created this very woodsy and ominous environment then put just a speck of humor in it by smiling. It puts the fear of thunderstorms right back into me, with the retention of laughter so I can hide in the leaf hut and make jokes about what a sissy I am. Without shame!

Remind Ikuto of being a scaredy cat and get AP? Check!
Good job, Nonsensical.
oh wow, I'm behind the times. I hadn't seen this avatar yet so getting to now is a real treat. I love it and the theme brings back very nice memories :D Well, nice memories for me. Awesome job Nonsensical!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-27-2013, 10:50 PM

Thank you so much Maiden!! I really appreciate the support and feedback! <3
This is my first time winning an avi contest, especially one I wasn't even aware of, so I'm super excited to hear everyone's thoughts and feedback! I really hope I don't disappoint with my next cosplay! :D

Your avi looks awesome too by the way - I really love it!! The layering of everything just looks phenomenal - what is the bat bow-tie thing you're wearing? It fits perfectly but I've never seen it before!!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 PM

Congrats Nonsensical.

Looks like that horny cricket is finally going to get banged. . .just not in the way he'd like.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-28-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Thank you so much Maiden!! I really appreciate the support and feedback! <3
This is my first time winning an avi contest, especially one I wasn't even aware of, so I'm super excited to hear everyone's thoughts and feedback! I really hope I don't disappoint with my next cosplay! :D

Your avi looks awesome too by the way - I really love it!! The layering of everything just looks phenomenal - what is the bat bow-tie thing you're wearing? It fits perfectly but I've never seen it before!!
Well, to be fair, it is definitely a combo of things. Lunatic Charm is who I cosplayed as. The bat bow-tie is from Magical Mysteries :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-28-2013, 05:12 AM

Is that the girl in your siggy? I figured that was your cosplay reference :3
No idea what anime that is though xD;

Ooh - okay! I don't know if I have that lol
If I do I never use it!!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 AM

Shugo chara cosplay!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 AM

@Nons: You're welcome!

I forgot to give my congrats to Emma too! Congrats!

Nice SC cosplay, btw Maiden! ;D

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 AM

The feather headwings look a little out of place with the cosplay, though. Did you try the headwings from Overlord's Wrath? I feel like those look more like the one in the image

maidenroseheart

Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Is that the girl in your siggy? I figured that was your cosplay reference :3
No idea what anime that is though xD;

Ooh - okay! I don't know if I have that lol
If I do I never use it!!
That would be her :) The multi item is a black pumpkin with purple eyes and mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Shugo chara cosplay!
You got it! I'm glad someone knew the anime :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
@Nons: You're welcome!

I forgot to give my congrats to Emma too! Congrats!

Nice SC cosplay, btw Maiden! ;D
Thank you Ikuto :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
The feather headwings look a little out of place with the cosplay, though. Did you try the headwings from Overlord's Wrath? I feel like those look more like the one in the image
You're right, I will go switch out and see if that one is better. Thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added 09-28-2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

I'm not sure which is better?

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 09-28-2013 at 12:32 PM..

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I think that fits better

maidenroseheart

Old 09-29-2013, 02:54 AM

awesome, thanks :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 03:12 AM

Ooo good call on the bat-wings! Very nice. :D

maidenroseheart

Old 09-29-2013, 03:19 AM

Suona has good advice quite often.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-29-2013, 03:27 AM

I agree. I'm pretty sure she has the most Admin's Picks wins on all of Mene.