Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM

★ Style Gurus ★

Have you proven yourself to be a true fashionista?

Here is where you will be forever remembered as the style guru you are!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be added here, you must first have been picked at least 3 times for the new Admins' Pick.

Upon your third win, you will automatically* be added here along with your previous Picks, and any future Picks.

* as soon as we get around to it

Last updated May 30th, 2017

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:44 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Dystopia

November 18, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
This absolutely puts me in mind of Courtney Love. I'm enjoying how the use of the green background gives a seriously grungey look to the whole thing. The use of pink adds some ironic prettiness to it, I think. Particularly from the panda headphones, those seem especially full of love!

What's the betting that the song she's singing isn't anything like your typical love ballad though? I think it's going to be something just a little bit more edgey and kickass than that! Gonna give us another couple of verses, Anna? ;)

January 13, 2014

Quote:

Can that be my response in its entirety?

Seriously, this is creepy is hell! Some tribal princess, or witch doctor, in some remote jungle. Maybe an island out in the middle of the pacific, or somewhere deep in the South American jungle. One of those really friendly tribes that shoots you with poisoned darts then throws you into the cooking pot.

That head's looking a bit past its best though, bit of a shortage of fresh meat lately? Run out of missionaries? Or maybe it's those spirits hanging around...they can't below to the head, everyone knows redheads have no soul!

What's with those eyes, too! I get it, little bit too much time indulging in those mind altering plants, so now the food's gone off! Oh dear...

March 5, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Ha! Dystopia made me giggle as soon as I saw this avatar. This friendly dapper gentleman came this close to having his perfect outfit ruined! Poor fella, it's no fun to spend the night scraping pie crust off your favorite jacket and combing cream out of your mustache. Thank goodness that this evening didn't end in disaster.

But the best thing here is that Dystopia didn't just rely on a gag - Look at how well the background and items are layered! That takes some talent and skill to find the perfect combination. A round of applause for your eye to detail.

Great job!

June 30, 2014

Quote:
It's win #4 for our dear sweet Anna, so she's gaining a lovely 4k ! This also makes her the first person to gain a 4th pretty star beneath her name, and I think you'll all agree that this is a very well-deserved win!

Just what has happened here though! So many options, and not one of them good as far as I can see! This has to be way in the future; look at the monstrous forest that's engulfed the towering skyscrapers outside. Civilisation as we know clearly no longer exists, is this a visual representation of dystopia?

What's with all the blood? Was she rescuing that fish from some hideous experiment, or was she too late and another human is now destined to the same fate as she.

But wait, maybe she's not human at all, maybe she's one of an invading alien race (that would explain so much!). Maybe going outside to capture the fish exposed her to the toxic earth atmosphere and look at the damage it inflicted! But she needs to transform an earth fish into a creature her own size so they can replicate the organs and survive on this hostile planet...

This should totally be made into a manga! Congrats Dys!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-21-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Suona

October 28, 2013

Quote:
This is quite possibly one of the most frightening avatars I have ever seen! THAT FACE!! and here's me posting this just before I go to bed, if I have terrifying dreams about this beast...T_T

I like how this is a collection of the parts of multi creatures, too, not that I'd want to be close enough to be sure which part came from what beast, I'm sure they were all very bad temptered, and hungry!

Now I need to go away and look at pretty pictures on Tumblr or something, to try and ward off the nightmares.

Congrats Suona!

December 17, 2013

Quote:
Winning the new Admins' Pick for the 2nd time!

What a lovely festive pick from me, right?

Su's last win was creepy as hell too I love this though! The eyes... D: That combo is quite possibly the creepiest eyes ever. Plus there's the fact that the dress looks a lot like running blood...using the two lots of wings makes the avie look very intimidating, I think. They really frame it, and look very dramatic too.

The way the avie is looking upwards, and with them holding that staff, it's almost as if the staff is doing the seeing. The avatar itself looking almost like it's looking inwards, or maybe it's possessed by the staff, and lead into that place of desolation...

Yep, Su making yet another avie that could well be giving me nightmares! Good show!

April 12, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Awwww. How lucky are we to get this shot of an owl mom and her baby inside their tree? I wonder if this is the little one's first flight! And what a nice night for it too. The way Suona's created this scene is a good bit of resourcefulness! The usual rock borders make a nice naturally drilled away spot inside a tree. And it looks like they she picked a good one! Nice and high up and surrounded by plenty of other trees. I think owl baby's flight is going to be a smooth one.

Congats Suo! And hey! You're our first three-time winner! You know what that means? 3k gold! But not just that, nope. Three is the magic number to acquiring your very own style guru post! As it's the first one, there's a bit of technical things to work out, but when it's up, one of us will post it. But I was excited to tell you guys about this feature now that we've got our first contributor!

August 15, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I'm getting a real Master of the Universe feel from this polished avatar. From a position of power deep within primordial space, she grasps her scepter and calls up the energy of the ether, starting from her toes. Grinning mischievously and looking on with omnipotent eyes, she commands the very spheres to dance and swirl for her pleasure and the continued march of existence!

There's a great sense of movement in this avatar which, combined with the repeated circular imagery, gives this avatar a fantastic presence and depth. The color pallette suggests and underlies the cosmic and the grandiose, coming together to create an avatar I shan't soon forget. Congratulations on your fourth star, Suona!

October 13, 2014

Quote:
Su is very good at monsters! She's provided us with a great selection over the years, and here's another to join the ranks! Dat face...xD I love it! Who could not love it?! Well, let's be fair, pretty much anyone who that axe/grin combo was heading towards with intent, particularly considering the trail of blood they're leaving behind...

Lovely clean axe though, good to see tool maintenance is being upheld, I'm sure their mother would be proud! Happy in their work as well, a nice feeling a job satisfaction, maybe? Nasty nick in the edge there though..reminds me of Lord of the Rings, for those who've read the book! What part an I thinking of here, hmm?

Congrats, Su!!

December 28, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
This is it, folks! The last Admin Pick of 2015! And how fitting is it that for this last AP, we have someone who is master of avatar making. And that paragon of pixel putting-together is... Suona!

Our avis have a relatively confined real estate. But in that limited space, Suona has created an arid fantasy world. Always skilled at layering and color combinations, she has made a very cool looking desert mage. You can just imagine her traveling that dry and barren land, working her magic. The teal and pale greens add a mystical quality when paired with the more subdued sandy colors. It's just a pretty killer avi all round. ;D

So congrats to you, Su, on your sixth win!

Have a Happy New Year, everybuddeh!

February 29, 2016

Quote:
Greetings, folks! February is at its close and today is Leap Year... Day! It is the day of leaping! But don't leap to conclusions! We're still here for some AP goodness. Now take a leap of faith and uh... help me milk this bit for all it's worth. Ehem... ... And my pick for the week is... Suona:

There are so many creative and finely crafted avis on Mene. And though I only gave Suona the AP win just two months ago, her newest avatar demanded my attention. Su has once again proven her mastery of layering by creating such a peaceful and bucolic scene. One can just imagine themselves there, in that overgrown country garden, enjoying the crisp dusk air and calming silence. I especially like how the pebbled road suggests a connecting path to the cottage in the back, and the cat lounging in the tree is so clever. Great work!

So congrats to Suona on her seventh star!

March 14th, 2017

Quote:
Greetings, children! How's it shakin'?! You all gettin' ready for St. Paddy's Day? Checking your closets for any green clothing? Searching for four leaf clovers? Setting out those leprechaun traps? Well I can tell you... Set all the traps you want! You'll never catch us! Mwhahahahaha! ... ...

And my AP for the week is...

Suona:

Like stated above, it's almost St. Patrick's Day. And St. Paddy's means green, and green is the color of spring, which it will soon be. So here I, Howdy, am, searching all over for an avatar that represents the season... and I find something that not only doesn't represent the season, but also isn't green. It's brown. Browns and oranges and rusts. It is the color of Autumn. Doesn't fit, right? But man oh man, once again Suona has proven her talents at avi making and put together something that I couldn't ignore. I like this. A lot. A scarecrow maiden, reveling in all things Autumn and Halloween. The layers are masterful, the colors so complimentary and the surrounding done so well. It's like she's at a harvest festival. It's so good. And all I can really say is that perhaps next Halloween, Su will make a St. Paddy's avi.

So congrats to Suona on what I believe is an unprecedented eighth star!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:29 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

GinKadia

December 25, 2013

Quote:
Just look at this happy little wintertime avie! She looks please as punch to play out in the snow. That Yumeh hat is the perfect accessory for building snow kitties, don't you think?

So congratulations to GinKadia! Your avatar would look wonderful out in the real world, I wish that I was that fashionable.

March 21, 2014

Quote:
Lookit the Momma and her baby. How precious~ Although Momma does look a little scary. I wonder what she's pursing her lips for. Has Baby been bad? Is she contemplating a way of getting out of... wherever they are! That stuff looks a little too bright green to be natural. Is this really some kind of accident of a human turning into Kappa? D: Is Baby really evil plotting Kappa?! So many questions!

But congrats GinKadia! Now where's the cucumbers?

June 23, 2014

Quote:
This looks like a still from some movie epic. Gin's clearly the hero of the piece with that shiny armour and the white feathers. Striding across the battlefield smiting evildoers. Does she have to make her way to the castle to free some unbelievably attractive royal prisoner who will immediately fall in love with her? Judging by that expression, they'd better not get entitled and start making demands!

I love how the sky could either be some really freaky weather, some evil magic, or some hideous disaster. I also can't help but wonder about just what that is on the ground, of course not all creatures have red blood...not a spot on the armour though, I'm impressed!

Hey, maybe this isn't some epic heroic tale after all, maybe it's a detergent commercial.

"Removes all traces if demon ichor, even on a cold wash!"

How's that for an endorsement! ;D

This win earns Gin star number 3, so she's joining Dystopia on the menu short list.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-21-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

neller

October 4, 2013

Quote:
Neller's avatar makes me feel both fearful and intrigued! Despite the creepy and piercing nature of those eyes, I just can't look away! I expect this is some dark and eerie underwater realm where creatures lure people in by those glowing crystals. Once a person gets close enough, they're then distracted by the same glowing nature of the creature's eyes. What happens next...? Do the victims turn into the creatures as well? Maybe the creature needs to capture a person so that person can take their place. Maybe people are just food... I don't think I would do very well as one of these creatures as I'd probably not get much done because I'd be sitting in front of a mirror staring into my own eyes the entire time.
Whatever the reason or result, Neller's got my attention that's for sure! (Come on over, I have this tank set up for you. )

March 3, 2014

Quote:
Well! Just what's happened here!? You know what they say about people's dogs looking like them? Is this some weird occupational version of that? Maybe the lion tamer has shapeshifting skills. Maybe, the lion had had enough and went for the ultimate in role reversal!

But, where is the lion tamer? I'd think the lion ate him, but it's looking kinda pissed, do you think he escaped? But then again, that's a female lion. Maybe we've intruded on some private roleplaying...maybe we should just leave them to it...

Back away and closes door quietly.

August 1, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I couldn’t help but fall in love with this avatar as soon as I saw it. The use of the bee skin combined with the Leon markings blend perfectly and that adorable face adds the finishing touch to the teddy bear look. I love the cute interior design, the colors, and how easily recognizable your theme is. Congratulations on earning your third star!
August 18, 2014

Quote:
This is two wins in close succession for our Nells, but how could I possibly resist!!

SHE. IS. GROOT!!

I'm not sure I even have any words...

Once again, Neller is showing us what superlative cosplaying skills she has, and what boundless imagination she has with the use of our items! Just what will she surprise us with next! I wish Neller's inventory could be real, so she could really wear these cosplays!

Once again Neller, congratulations!

August 15, 2016

Quote:
And my pick for the week is... neller:

You know me. I love the magical and the mystical. And oh boy, has neller captured that with her newest avatar. What we have here is perhaps a wizened forest sage, standing amongst her domain. She cuts a majestic and dignified figure. There is a strength to her, and yet what of the expression on her face? Is she saddened? Upset? Or perhaps even bashful. One can only imagine what has caused her this turmoil. ... neller is showing us here some great layering, in depth but not cluttered. The greens and browns and pinks work in such nice harmony. It's great work all around.

So congrats to neller on her fifth star! :D

Last edited by Linnea; 02-27-2017 at 10:57 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Ferra

October 27, 2013

Quote:
Look at those colors! I love these brights neons, especially with the small touches of white to balance them out. Ferra looks like an all-powerful Queen who rules over an underground radioactive cavern. Choosing to wear that particular skin was a stroke of genius, it really helps to keep the avatar from becoming overwhelming.

Congrats Ferra! I've had my eye on this avie for a while now, it's just so fun!

April 28, 2014

Quote:
What better way to showcase our new ability to make our avatars invisible, than this! This avatar was like a little mini urban myth for me, I'd seen several comments from other staff along the, "OMG Ferra's avatar!!" lines, but I hadn't got to see it myself until now, and when I did...I could see why it had got those reactions!

Now, I'm going out on a limb here, but I feel I can justifiably state that this is quite possibly the freakiest avatar I have ever seen, ever, congratulations Ferra! It really is amazing, now, I want to know, are these kappa's eating that guy, or building themselves a humans from spare parts! I'm not sure which option is more disturbing.

Maybe it's a salutory message to remember that while these kappas may look cute, this kind of behaviour isn't entirely beyond their scope, so watch out!

This is Ferra's 2nd win since the new format, so 2000 gold for her!

July 4, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
The moment I set my eyes on this, I immediately knew who and what it was meant to be and boy, is he in his happy place! Look at that gleeful beaked face being surrounded by mountains and mountains of cash and gold. Pot o' gold in hand, he looks more than ready for his daily swim in his money vault. I wonder if he'd invite me for a dive into all that moolah.

Speaking of the vault, that's a brilliant use of the sand dunes and arches! I never thought they could be combined that way to look like one until now. The green and yellow hues of the dunes also work perfectly to illustrate the inner contents of the vault. Overall, a brilliant execution!

Congratulations, Ferra!

Last edited by Linnea; 02-27-2017 at 10:58 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Maria-Minamino

March 31, 2014

Quote:
Everyone knows Maria's sweet and lovely...right? She's totally not really some evil queen, or is she...maybe she's fooled us all all along! Here she is, deep in the darkest dungeon of her hidden lair; walls running with the blood of innocents, flames of fell magic burning on the altars of her cruel gods...

But look to the floor, are those cracks splitting the blood-soaked rocks upon which she stands? Is the place about the tear itself apart and pitch her into the black abyss? Black like her eyes, Black like her uncaring soul?

For those who've seen cheesy 80s films. Maria puts me very much in mind of queen Gedren from Red Sonja. What an evil hag she was!

Though of course she turned out to be a man...

May 2, 2014

Quote:
Is she a tree? A woodland nymph? Or something more devious? It's definitely those eyes and that smile that does it! A face combination I'd never want to see in real life. My favorite aspect of this avatar is the effect the potted plants give. They make it look as if she's ankle-deep in grass; how cool! If not for her eerie self, I'd say the rest of the forest scene looks serene. But I guess someone has to be keeping it that way, right?

Congrats Mar! It's also your second win so 2000 for you~

July 7, 2014

Quote:
Ferra clearly started a trend on Friday, because here's Maria with an epic Tony Stark cosplay! I squealed in delight when I saw this, and my search for today's pick was ended, right there.

Isn't it great how one little item can be all it takes to bring an avatar together; give it that little nudge that it needs to make it perfect. Isn't it also true how what can seem an insignificant addition to a CI can often be that pivotal piece, too. ;D

I love how the spaceship window works so well in a big city setting. If we stay here once the press conference is finished, do you think we'll see Tony flying by outside?

Congratulations on your 3rd win, Maria! 3000 for you this time!

September 11, 2015

Quote:
Look at how perfect this avatar is! Just look at it!

So many shadows and so many layers - I don't even know how Maria managed to create such a textured look. There's some real depth here, which is especially impressive since she's only using two colors!

Congratulations, you deserved this win.

October 27, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
I don't have time to do my customary long rambling writeup, but please help me congratulate Maria-Minamino: for today's pick for this gorgeous avatar.

Deep and beautiful - clever use of the ombre hair to help the feeling that she is part of the nebula. Awesome avatar, Maria!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 02:13 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Kamikaze Kendra

October 21, 2013

Quote:
WELL! What is going on here? She's looking pretty fancy, all dressed up for a party in a fancy castle? Looks like things might have got a wee bit wilder than intended! Maybe someone spilt her drink? Maybe she didn't like the curtains. Maybe some guy just couldn't take the hint and leave her alone? Looking like a lady who has a very final way of making her point!

Now let's take a look at this dress! What a clever bit of item combining to create this garment! Especially how the sleeves give a sexy evening look by exposing the shoulders.

Now we need to look at what she's holding...pay attention, that's not just a fireball, it's someone's heart. The guy's who couldn't take no for an answer? Hope those flames are going to be hot enough to destroy any forensic evidence!

What a fun avatar! Congrats Kendra! And do tell who it's a cosplay of!

November 15, 2013

Quote:
What a cool representation of a deadly turbulent sea passage! I'm sure such a lovely boat as that wasn't told the perilous tales of this area! "The quickest route is between these cliffs, past this waterfall." Or perhaps they were informed and are simply thrill seekers wanting to tempt their fate. "Hundreds of ships have sunk here, all that treasure just waiting to be found." I wonder what kind of treasure is rumored here for these guys to come sailing along though. We can see how many lives have been taken by the sea here, all represented as skulls piling the sea floor. Hopefully our shiny little ship makes it through just fine, but probably not. It's too shiny not to add to the collection below the water. ;D

Congrats, Kami!

July 25, 2014

Quote:
This avatar is lovely in its own right, but my favorite thing about it is what it does to my brain.

I imagine a young girl, a daughter of sky and fire, who left home to live among the common people for her rite of passage. In order to fit in it was necessary to take human form, so she assumed pale flesh and clothed herself in gold and white. She was so enamored with her freedom that she nearly forgot herself, and her sky family worried that she might never return. They took a risk and sent a messenger sprite to bring her a gift: a small fire charm. Upon seeing the charm, the girl had a sharp longing for home and left immediately. It was a difficult journey back, having been gone so long, but the charm seemed to know the way. Once her feet touched the ground, she began to revert back to her true molten form. Soon her gossamer wings will disintegrate, the last of her pale flesh will fade away, and she will take her rightful place as ruler of the molten lands.

Really neat avatar Kendra, congrats! :D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-24-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

shinigamikarasu

October 16, 2013

Quote:
Looks like we've got a trouble maker over here! What are you doing in that abandoned house, eh?

It looks like shinigamikarasu has taken a page out of Peeblo's book and is taking advantage of the "Trick or Treat" Halloween season. Sneaking into an old building and throwing a party sure sounds fun, but do you really have to blow it up afterwards?! Our little imp would be proud, but you're going to make such a mess! And judging by that scar on your forehead, this probably isn't the first time that you've done some extreme pranking.

So congraulations to shinigamikarasu! Don't make too much mischief tonight.

February 19, 2014

Quote:
Tis the season for fancy tea parties! Shinigamikarasu looks like a pretty intimidating host, though. This avatar is really channeling Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada - Fashionable, better than you, and completely capable of annihilating your self-confidence with a single withering stare. But gosh darnit, I want to be invited to that party!

So cheers to shinigamikarasu for hosting the shindig of the season and looking amazing while doing it. During the next holiday season, can I pretty please be on the guest list?

July 28, 2014

Quote:
Here's a lady I'm not gonna be messing with! Is she a soldier or a mercenary? Has she discovered a criminal's hoard in a bombed out building in a warzone, or is this her hoard...no way of knowing, is there? Anyone volunteering to ask?

This is great though! The fire raging outside, the smoke filling the room. It's clearly some run down area with its dirt floor, who knows what else we'd see in this room if the camera could pan around...is there more stolen gold in those boxes, or is it going to be drugs, we may never know!

September 5, 2016

Quote:
Good tidings to you all! It's Monday! Yeah! It's Labor Day here in the US. It's the day of laboring. So all you expectant mothers know what to do. Get started. Push! ... That's how Labor Day works, right?

And my AP for the week is... shinigamikarasu:

Man, would you look at that. Cause I have. No, really. For the past few odd days, every time i'd see shinigamikarasu's avatar, i'd have to stop and appreciate it for a few moments. It's just so... cool. A demonic sea creature, floating aloft in an ocean of blood. You think of it, and the idea itself can get cheesy really fast. But shinigami has executed this so well. There aren't too many elements, and what's there is striking. The creature's pale skin pops against the darker colors. It's straight forward, yet has a surrealistic feel. The character actually reminds me of the 1973 film, La Planète Sauvage...
...which is a trippy ass movie, if you've never seen it. --- Good work all around. :)

So congrats to shinigamikarasu on her fourth star! :D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-31-2016 at 02:01 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

BellyButton

January 1, 2014

Quote:
Look, it's Cessy!

I can't think of a better start to the new year than celebrating one of Mene's favorite NPCs. Belly's version of Cessy is so spot on - That dress! That scarf! That smile! Everything about it makes me happy. And I'm sure that Cessy herself would love to go out ice skating on a bright and snowy afternoon, with only her favorite stuffed animal to keep her company.

So congrats to Bellybutton! Your homage is much appreciated, it certainly brightened my day.

March 12, 2014

Quote:
I just can't wait for Spring to finally get here. Green grass, sunshine, warm breezes - The sooner I get to frolic around outside, the better. And Bellybutton's avie just makes me want Springtime even more!

This cute little woodland fairy makes me smile. I want to hang out with her in the forest, breathing in the fresh air and watching light trickle through the trees. And I don't know where she got that cookie, but hey - I'm not going to argue with free dessert.

So congratulations to Bellybutton! This avatar is wonderful. It's light, airy, and has the perfect mix of old & new items. You look just plain adorable.

July 21, 2014

Quote:
I expected interesting things to be done with the hornet face, but not for one second did I expect this! Once again here is Belly, showing what an amazing imagination she has! Look at how she's even given the flower a stalk and leaves! This is a lady who doesn't believe in doing half a job!

The image could be a little disturbing. Is this an old and derelict model village, or is that a giant, two storey tall mouse, worshipping its monster daisy god in the city that they have destroyed...but the flower looks way too pretty to be anything bad, it's a real enigma! But on the other hand, imagine the hay fever from something that size...

Well done Belly! -sneezes-

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-24-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 AM

KatMagenta

October 18, 2013

Quote:
Look how awesomely mysterious and stoic this is! This is another great avi that creates a creature that you can then create a story about. I'm also impressed at really how simple the whole thing is, but how it still manages to make you think and begin to imagine what's going on. Some android creature that's stepped out of a portal into another world maybe? The eerie smoke from its own world still seeping from it, creating endless tendrils. Surely it was a ruler or some powerful creature in its own world with its big horns and piercing stare. This thing isn't taking crap from anybody! (And it probably stole some of those body parts and used them for itself!) It looks none too pleased to be summoned forth from its habitat. And I can only imagine what array of teeth it has behind that pout.

Great work, KatMagenta! Its the stuff of future nightmares!

March 28, 2014

Quote:
Such a festive avatar! I'm not sure what Kat is all dressed up for, but it looks like a fun place to be! It mostly reminds me of something summer-related. The vibrant but rich colors and those flowers... Ah~ What a way to celebrate! Summer is probably my least favorite season, but Kat's outfit just makes it seem so appealing right now.

Thanks for the pleasant feelings of summer, Kat!

August 11, 2014

Quote:
Here's Kat taking us back to a bygone era of elegance and sophistication, one where a young man's ability to sketch could net him a lot of time in the company of young ladies. Kat's looking quite serious here, can't help but wonder if the gentleman will have had any success in persuading her to pose nude for him once he got some wine down her. All for his art, of course!

Super clever use of (no)colour here though. I'm really loving how the pens are inspiring some very clever avatars! I keep watching for this one to start dancing to the Charleston, if I listen carefully, I'm sure I can hear a gramophone in the distance...

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-24-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

llonka

April 21, 2014

Quote:
Check that monkey out! He thinks he's died and gone to heaven...

Is. all. that. banana. for. me.

Poor llonka's in a bit of a bind, she doesn't want to upset the poor little guy, but what she going to do! What's going to happen when he gets hungry...not easy to run in a banana suit, either! And let's face it, would you want to run about in a full body costume, in normal circumstances, let alone on a tropical island being pursued by a furious (and ravenous) monkey! Let's hope poor llonka survives this traumatic experience!

August 29, 2014

Quote:
I just love the sassy Cyndi Lauper feel of this simple, kickin' avatar you've got going! It's a great reminder that it's possible to do a lot with a little if you choose your pieces well -- congrats on your 2nd star, llonka! ;D

December 31, 2014

Quote:
This avie doesn't seem too happy about going out in the cold! Why so grumpy?

Looking at this, all I can imagine is that Ilonka somehow got stuck being a snowman babysitter. She made this little fella for fun, he magically came to life, and now she has to take care of it! That means some long hours walking him around outside while it's freezing cold. It might be fun for a little while, but taking care of a snowman gets old fast! This little lady seems to be regretting her new responsibilities already.

Congratulations!

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Emma Corrin

September 25, 2013

Quote:
Maybe it's because I had at least three different Little Mermaid themed birthday parties as a kid. Maybe it's because I was so terrified of the sea witch that I'd have to hide in the bathroom whenever the final fighting scene played on tv. Maybe it's because Disney based the character's design off of Divine. Whatever it is, I really adore this cosplay!

Emma Corrin found a way to recreate everything from Ursula's purplish skintone to her cave lair. Those billowing skirts were the perfect choice to hide whatever tentacles might be lurking underneath. Overall, I can see exactly what Emma was aiming for and I admire the resourcefulness!

Congratulations!

Jume 30, 2014

Quote:
Aw, what happened? It seems like Little Red was just having a nice walk through the woods when she got ambushed with snowballs! How horrid! Maybe her penguin buddy can help fight off whatever prankers might be ahead?

Great job Emma - Sitting here in the July heat, I'm very thankful to see a winter avie cross my screen! This one is absolutely adorable.

September 1, 2014

Quote:
Here is a cautionary tale for you all! This is what happens when the babysitter turns her back on these two angelic darlings for the minute or two that it takes to apply a face pack...which one of them gave in to temptation first do you think? Pies thrown everywhere, pillows destroyed, pictures ruined, poor teddy decapitated, and someone had a little accident on the floor, oh dear...even the ants are fleeing the scene of carnage!

This is what happens when you have boys to look after! Be grateful that they didn't get into your make up, or your underwear drawer! You know what Yan would have been doing in there! Never fear Emma, it will all clean up, until next time. ;D

April 22, 2015

Quote:
Now this is an avie that I'd never want to cross!

I love when I can look at a user's outfit and be able to pull a story directly from. Here we have a scorned bride who was left at the altar. Yet rather than sit down and weep, she's using her superhuman powers to seek destruction! The sky clouds over, wind whips around her and thunder crackles down as she unleashes a torrent of emotion! Will anyone survive her wrath?!

Way to go, Emma! Your avie evokes a lot of emotion here and I adore it.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-21-2015 at 02:55 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Roxxxy

April 30, 2014

Quote:
Yan! Have some manners!

This is one of the best uses of the invisible avatar that I've seen so far - Roxxxy has given us a glimpse into the (disturbing) world of Baby Yan's bathtime rituals. The style of the black-and-white lined bathroom is perfectly suited for Baby Yan, so he fits right in. It's like this room was made just for him. Let's face it, this scene just wouldn't be the same with an avatar in the center!

So great job Roxxxy. Right down to the fart cloud that's propelling Yan through the air, I'm really impressed with your avatar-less avatar.

July 9, 2014

Quote:
Oh no! It looks like Roxxxy took such care in planning out her bakery's opening - the color coordination between her outfit and the decor was a nice touch - but something always seems to go wrong. I don't know who the angry patron was, but that pie certainly didn't throw itself at the wall. Thank goodness none of the icing got on your dress!

This avatar really make me giggle. Everything from the expression on her face to her frilly outfit is just lovely. Great job!

September 29, 2014

Quote:
Isn't this just adorable! This looks like every girl's dream party, particularly looks like the kind where Katy Perry would pop out from behind some giant confectionery and start singing Happy Birthday. I really like how the use of props has concealed the fact that the floor's a keyboard so it looks like a really pretty rug.

This really is just so cute, and OMG!! I now see that this really is Roxxxy's birthday, so this is totally perfect! Congratulations on gaining your 3rd star for your special day!

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Nephila

September 23, 2013

Quote:
Such a great seasonal avatar! I can almost feel that brisk autumnal breeze, swirling the leaves up into the air and snatching at the ends of your scarf. Just gone 5 o'clock and it's dark already! Time to get home, feet in some fluffy slippers and get the kettle on!

I really like the casual outfit here too, nice and cosy for a crisp autumn day. Excellent colour choices too. Awesome red hair shade, what are the codes for that colour, Neph? Fantastic natural red.

Now are they waiting on the station for their train home, or are they setting off on an exciting journey...what do you guys think?

March 24, 2014

Quote:
Doesn't she look elegant? There's a real 1920's vibe to this for me, the setting absolutely helps. A beautiful apartment in a grand old skyscaper in the fanciest residential area in the city. The sun's just reached that part of the sky that denotes the cocktail hour.

Obviously Neph has an impeccably trained butler, he doesn't need telling, he knows to make sure the flowers are frech and the wine is suitably chilled. But Neph's a little overdressed to be drinking alone? Me thinks that if we checked back in an hour or so there's be a guest on the balcony with her, admiring the view across the city.

Maybe that grin is because there's just been a knock on the door...let's leave them to it, shall we. ;D

October 8, 2014

Quote:
I loved this movie as a kid!!!!

Click on thumbnail for full view

As soon as I saw this avatar, I knew exactly what Nephila was cosplaying. She did an amazing job! Could anyone ask for a cuter little chipmunk? Or Chipette, I should say.

This blast from the past still has me giggling. What a wonderful bit of 80s nostalgia right here. "The Girls and Boys of Rock and Roll" is going to be stuck in my head all week.

Well done!

February 13, 2015

Quote:
Happy Friday the 13th, peeps!

Today's pick is ...Nephila: !

This is the most apropos Valentine's Day avatar I've seen yet. With just a few poses, Nephila paints a scene for us that is incredibly poignant. Having spent many years as a black sheep myself, it does at times feel that something has to die before your heart can be given wings.

Fly, little heart! Be free!

Congrats on your first win of the year, Nephila! :)

August 8, 2015

Quote:
Dun dun dunnn ~ It's Monday, folks!

And what's this? An elusive blue star? Why yes - yes, I think it is!

I ain't a religious person, nor am I a cat. But I am a bit of a cat lady, and the idea that those furry li'l bastards who exhaust their 9th lives may get a sparkly, fishy, yarn-filled reward in the afterlife tickles my fancy. Lots of great parts-usage here - I particularly like the tattoos for fur stripes. It would've been way easier to just use a furry skin for this - using all gold parts took skill & creativity, and it looks awesome!

Anyhow, clever avatar - congrats! :)

July 18, 2016

Quote:
Hello, all you happy hot dogs! It's Monday! The day that Howdy crawls out from his lair, takes a moment to hiss at the sun, and then chooses an Admin Pick. I'm like Punxsutawney Phil, but with less parasites. --- And my AP for the week is... Nephila:

Stop for a moment. ... Now let's all take a second to appreciate this blue fantasy. I mean, c'mon. Nephila has created here an underwater wonderland. Sparkly and blue and festooned with fanceries. Is it an oceanic wedding? Perhaps it's an undersea prom. Whatever the occasion, it feels all kinds of regal, but not stuffy. Neph's elegant mermaid/sea creature adds a nice touch of lightness and humor. --- I also like how the rose background seems to simulate the sunlight filtered through the water. It's nice all around.

So congrats to Nephila on her sixth star!

I know 'fanceries' isn't a word. Sue me. You'll get nothin'!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Mythos

November 25, 2013

Quote:
Looking a lot like a delicate porcelain figure, or maybe a beautiful antique fairy to go on top of a proper live tree, it's Mythos, looking absolutely lovely! The panniers make me think of a shepherdess but the overall vibe is much more ethereal than that.

Can't you just imagine this lady appearing, in a dazzle of wonderfully coloured sparkles, to grant you a fabulous wish or two? Tending to a flock seems just a bit too ordinary for such a pretty lady. That such a nice colour combination. One I especially like and have mentioned a few times over the years; a successful combination of a warm and a cool palette. Get it right and it really does look awesome, as you can see!

Now I want to know if Mythos leaves a trail of those amazing sparkles everywhere she goes? I'd want to walk backwards all the time if I did that! xD

Congrats on being super-prettiful!

February 12, 2014

Quote:
Look at this little lady! Mythos has managed to come up with an avatar that not only has an incredibly well-balanced color combo, but seems ready to tear it up on the dance floor. This is a girl who's prepared to hike up her skirt, shake out her hair and prance around all night long. And she'll look darn cute doing it!

That background effect is what first caught my eye here - It looks like the music notes were etched into the white background. That combination of items is such a little detail, but adds a huge impact. Great job!

November 21, 2014

Quote:
I really love this. Looking at it reminds me of the countless times I've been at some outdoor gathering late at night, surrounded by people and lights and music, and have slipped away just to the edge and looked out into the dark woods. It's that beautiful place between mirth & the safety of company and "something rich and strange" -- when my body is here, but only just.

So I guess you could say that this avatar reminds me of my own mortality. Weird.

Thank you for the journey, Mythos! And congratulations! :)

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Linnea

May 16, 2014

Quote:
Your avatar has compelled me to her pillowed chamber. Perhaps I've come to her willfully, seeking advice or help of an alchemical nature. Or maybe it was the heady scent of incense that drew my curiosity. I get the feeling I'm not supposed to be here but suddenly I'm finding it very difficult to leave, even though danger prickles up the back of my neck.

I've written you a special terrible haiku to mark the occasion:
The colors, so bright --
Wait, how did I get here? And,
who's the dark genie?!

Congrats, Linn-e! Fantastic avatar! :)

June 4, 2014

Quote:
Alien warrior queen, maybe?

I love this use of color! Balancing out the dark background with so many bright items was a great way to shape this avie - Lin has managed to combine some really lovely items that rarely get featured anymore. It's so much fun to see an avie use the Island Healer and Sleepy Time moon.

So great job, Linnea! You definitely deserve this win.

December 19, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Juru View Post
Our latest winner is Linnea :) Not sure but I think eating the head off that gingerbread man did awful things to her <3

April 25, 2015

Quote:
This avatar is marvelously detailed - I've been staring at it for a long time and I still can't quite name all the bits and pieces equipped. The colors are lovely & it doesn't look haphazard or cluttered in the least. But what really pushes me over the edge is that darn mouth. So silly cute! Haha!

Congrats on being one of the few to attain the 4th star, Linnea!

September 30, 2015

Quote:
*clangs pots*

Here marks the passing of another soul across the river Styx. Or just some local stream. Hopefully whatever's on the other side was worth the ride. ;D

This avatar is fab - a great mix of old, lesser-used items & shiny new!

Congrats, Linnea, on your admission into the 5-star club. :)

December 13, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is...Linnea:

I swear, you guys make such good avis, that I just want to lock you in a basement and assume your identities. ... I mean, look at what Linnea has done here. She has certainly proven that she's worthy of her stars. I really do like this avatar a lot. It's a like a genderf**k version of the Ghost of Christmas Future. I like the balance of reds and greens set against the black and whites, especially with the background and the hill. How the pattern on the floor seems to move up into the socks. And the Star of Death-lehem in the background is the cherry on the top. Great work!

So congrats to Linnea on her sixth star!

February 22, 2017

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Linnea:

I know i'm late and I hope you all will forgive me, but this avi... is cosplay nirvana. Linnea shows once again that she is a kung fu master of fashion with this avi. Some cosplays you have to give a second look at, and you think, "Yeah, I can see what that's supposed to be." But with Lin's it's all so complete, you get the reference at first glance. C'mon, the evil queen from Disney's Snow White... it's done to perfection! She's utilized the Masquerade Queen wimple and Demetri's Box brilliantly. It amazes me sometimes how good you people are, and Linnea is no exception.

So congrats to Lin on a well earned SEVENTH star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 02-25-2017 at 02:25 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

McNugget

November 8, 2013

Quote:
By now it's definitely no secret that sometimes I go nude. This is largely due to the fact that I just can't dress myself. But because of my frequent nudity and my inability to properly layer, I'm quick to notice when outfits go the "less is more" route. McNugget utilizes this technique perfectly, not just with the lack of clothing, but with an uncluttered background as well. Now I'm not up to snuff on my Egyptian lore, but I can fanagle a story! I imagine this is an Egyptian god, up in his palace in the sky where the sunlight can shine upon his golden body. As a god, he needs no clothing, simply his weapon and the proper head attire to show his rank. The look on his face makes me wonder if something is about to go down though! I wonder if he's displeased with another god, or us perhaps? :0

Congrats McNugget! Another reminder that going nude is the bee's knees (although maybe only if we look like that?).

February 7, 2014

Quote:
I was really excited to see this cosplay of dear old Palpatine, aka Darth Sidious, the most evil man in that galaxy far far away. I don't know if anyone's done this cosplay before, but looking at this one, McNugget really went all out with it! It's nice to see the lightning hands being utilized, Force Lightning wutwut, and even great choices made for the face help bring ol' Palpy to ... an avatar, yess. That grimace, those eyebrows, those eyes! -shudders- Don't stare too long, guys.

Congrats McNugget! Now where's someone with a Vader cosplay? We need to restore balance to the Force, pronto.

December 22, 2014

Quote:
Look at the good daddy, saving his children from the terrors of the basement by distracting them with seed.

Unless...

Maybe what we're actually seeing here is the training of the next generation of fearless avian warriors; schooled as soon as they are fledged in the ancient art of monster slaying. Here you see the tiny feathered combatants learning to use their initiative and make use of whatever is to hand to aid thieir mission, including their lunch!

Will the brave nestlings win out again the many-tentacled beastie from the scary land of Belowstairs? Or will they just end up having to wait until dinner time before they get anything to eat...only time will tell!!

June 12, 2015

Quote:
It's time for your (somewhat belated ) Friday Admin's Pick!

This week's winner is... McNugget:!

When I first saw this avi a few weeks ago I immediately fell in love with it. It's simple and yet with just a few items, McNugget has manage to make a wonderfully whimsical avi! The alignment of the two water spirits fits perfectly with the umbrella's pose and the symmetrical background nicely balances the weight of the top half. Just what are these silly spirits and hummingbirds doing? I really don't know but it looks like they are having fun in their mischief!

Let's give a big round of applause to McNugget on his fourth star!

March 14, 2016

Quote:
Faith and Begorra, laddies and lassies! We're a few days out from St. Paddy's Day, and I hope you're ready for me to sham-ROCK your world! It's time for Howdy's AP of the week, and that's no blarney... stone. ... ... ... Okay, I hate myself already. Let's just do this...

Do you know what this is, ladies and gentlemen? This, my friends, is an all around badass avatar. I mean look at it. Ugh! That is seriously something I wish I could put together myself. McNugget has created such a formidable, malevolent, and downright demonic looking underworld warlord. Seriously, you don't wanna cross paths with that guy. The avatar alone is worthy of the AP, and the framing of the lava and background makes a damn fine hellscape. Definitely the accursed cherry on top of the satanic sundae.

I ain't lyin', this is a great lookin' avi. I wouldn't try to lepre-CON you. ... That was the last one. I swear.

So congrats to McNugget on his fifth star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:38 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

zigbigadorlube

January 8, 2014

Quote:
I can't quite find the right words to describe this avatar: Outer space fairy bug? Frozen pastel magic girl?

Whatever she's doing, it works! Balancing out such pale and pretty colors with a hint of black was the perfect way to keep this outfit from looking washed out. Not to mention that the background creates a very ethereal atmosphere that's wonderfully alluring.

Congratulations, zig!

August 22, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
zigbigadorlube put together such a lovely, soft pastel avatar that feels very soothing and dreamy. She makes me think of a goddess of peace and harmony touring her garden. Any moment now, she'll turn into her dove form and go help ease someone's stress or anxiety.

Congratulations on the win, Zig!

December 26, 2014

Quote:
I was having a really hard time choosing a winner tonight because there are so many great avatars out there right now, but I keep coming back to this avatar. It's such an eye-pleaser! The colors are quite lovely and it's been put together with a lot of delicacy ~ she has quite a few items equipped, but it doesn't feel "heavy" and the black accents are only in the finest lines. Since she's left the background empty, there's nothing to detract from the avatar itself and we can really appreciate the nice layering job she's done here. Super pretty. :3

Congratulations, zig!

June 29, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
So guess what guys! Its that time again, time to announce another winner.

And the pick comes from yours truely!

Once again there are so many to chose from but this weeks choice came rather easily to me.

This avi is so incredibly fitting for the holiday this upcoming weekend. The layers are so seemlessly put together, it looks like one dress rather than a bunch of disjointed items just thrown together for color balance. The hair, the item choices and even the background lend way to fireworks on a summer evening in july. Definately a drool worthy avatar there! Good Work Ziggles!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-21-2015 at 02:45 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

bloodstainedwings

November 20, 2013

Quote:
Look at those lovely muted colors! Look how soft the avatar is! Look at that detailed background!

BSW has managed to combine some of our newest items with old favorites that don't seem to get much attention anymore, and the overall effect is wonderful. Not only do the colors work together perfectly but she's really using our layering system at its highest potential.

Well done!

March 14, 2014

Quote:
Aww look how pleasant~ How awesome would it be to have the warmth and colors of spring with the coolness and subtleties of winter? Pristine snow on bright green grass. Snowflakes getting whisked into a warm breeze and falling around you. Is there a place like this? In any case, BSW's done a great job of creating a wonderful kind of fantasy world without it being over the top. The simple things in life huh?

Thanks BSW for the glimpse into this special place and congrats!

January 23, 2015

Quote:
Isn't she precious? The colors here really caught my eye - I'm so impressed with how well balanced and delicate the outfit ended up looking. I like the idea of a butterfly always following her around, because she's so soft and sweet. Who could ever resist a face like that?

April 10th, 2017

Quote:
Today’s admin pick winner is… bloodstainedwings:

Let’s take a moment to admire the unique color combination, the simple yet balanced layering, and the adorable theme of this avatar! This cute little fawn is tending to the animals in her forest on a peaceful evening. I can almost feel the cool breeze and smell the salty tang of the ocean mixed with the crispness of the grass and leaves. And don’t you just want to tickle that fluffy sheep’s belly?!

Overall this is a well done avi that has it all: beautiful colors, layers, background, and theme!

Let’s congratulate bloodstainedwings on her fourth star!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:38 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Chexala

December 4, 2013

Quote:
Gingerbread cutie!

This avie really puts me in the mood for the holidays. She's so snuggly warm inside while you can see the snow falling on the other side of her window - I can perfectly imagine her sitting on the floor, covered in blankets, reading all night with a cup of hot cocoa.

Besides, you guys know me - I like the color brown! Chexala and I are even wearing the same general color scheme right now, but she's managed to put such a different spin on her own style. I definitely would not have thought to pair most of these items together, but the whole look works. This avie is such a wonderful mix of real world fashion and Mene-world fantasy.

Great job, Chexala!

February 24, 2014

Quote:
This is a magical avatar, it's so beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be right where that avatar is? A lovely lush courtyard; overlooking the water and facing the sunset, and with an outdoor fireplace too! I could sit there watching as the sun went down and the fireflies blinked into life.

It looks like Chex is having a romantic celebratory evening too, she's looking as elegant and beautiful as the setting. An absolutely gorgeous avatar, congratulations![

January 23, 2015

Quote:
After scrambling around like a maniac all week, I'd dearly love for this mage to whisk me away to the land of dreams, or to the depths of space.. wherever she is, it looks delightful to me right now! ;D

Very lovely avatar, Chexala - congrats! :)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-24-2015 at 07:26 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

OnYourGoat

March 8, 2014

Quote:
Yowza, why so angry?! While we could assume this is some cave person from our own planet, it loooks kind of... not so much. This is clearly another planet, but it seems to be experiencing the same phenomenon as ours! You can survive little creature! What I really like is the background elements used to create (what I see as) reminiscent of a volcanic eruption. But less focus on that lava stuff, the smoke and ash is where it's at. Very cool! The usually romantic sunset seems less so now and simply more ominous. It's interesting to see how items can change given the context they're in!

Congrats, Goat! See you in the new world?

June 18, 2014

Quote:
This avie looks like a still from a summer blockbuster! Rogue spy OnYourGoat has been assigned the impossible task of infiltrating the enemy's secret research facility. Forced to travel deep into the desert just to locate the station, our hero is now overheated, dehydrated, and more determined than ever to locate their target. Can Goat make it without being caught?!

Every item here works perfectly to set up the exciting scene. My favorite part are the eyes - You can just see emotions running high!

Great job!

February 16, 2015

Quote:

♬ Would you like to fly in my beautiful balloooon ♪♫

Actually, who needs a hot air balloon? Goat's being hardcore and totally raising the game here! Floating off into the air with just a few bits of string between them and a minute or two of the scariest vertical drop ride of their remaining short life, fierce! And who out there thought ballooning was a calm and gentle, Sunday afternoon and leather elbow patches kind of thing?

Though having said that, that's a wonderfully natty outfit going on there! Reminds me of Doctor Who, and it's just the kind of nutty thing the Doctor would do, too! OMG...Goat is a TIMELORD!! The secret is out!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-21-2015 at 02:54 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Velvet

January 20, 2014

Quote:
Oh. My. God...

No-one's ever accepted a dinner invite to Velvet's, right? Does anyone know if there's unaccounted for missing people in the area? Or if Velvet's been doing a lot of redecorating of late. I'm a bit worried about what lead up to this, did someone criticise the frosting on the cakes? Maybe she got disturbed before she could eat her breakfast...

This is why every woman needs a good balanced meal in the morning, no good leaving those pancakes there to get cold, or the juice to end up with bugs swimming in it, get those carbs and sugar in your belly, now! Maple syrup, preventing homicidal rages over the breakfast table since before Aunt Jemima...

December 8, 2014

Quote:
This...just You know what this looks like to me? The equine version of an extremely posh, rich and well-bred socialite, getting hit on by a slick flyboy from the 'hood. She totally does not know how to deal with it other than stare down her aristocratic nose in horror. xD If FroDonk takes just one step closer she's gonna be off like a shot!

And look at that background...I'm thrilled that we have a full sky that enables proper use of the fairy castle now, and the hill in front of it works a charm, doesn't it? A perfect fairytale look. OH!!

Maybe...maybe...

Maybe FroDonk is Prince Charming in disguise and it's all a test! Maybe she should kiss him after all!

March 13, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Wow, just look at this mysterious lady. Is she a leprechaun or something else? Clearly the luck of the shamrocks have brought her great fortune. Heck, the sky is even raining gold!

But I wonder if she might have something to do with will-o-wisps leading curious travelers deep into the forest... I'm not sure running into her would end so fortunately for you.

Congrats, Velvet! Enjoy your third star and gold prize.

July 3, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
*whistles and wanders around aimlessly*

Oh time for another admins pick *yoinks*

Here's an avatar with a funny little story behind it. The frog princess looking for love on a Friday night. She's all dressed up and ready for fun. The background is perfect to the story being told. From the fireflies to the moon peeking threw the reeds. The cute humorous facial expression is what really sells the whole thing. Will she find her price tonight?

Congratulations on your 4th star!

One of our admins will post your star shortly. :) (Or when they can) XD

April 25th, 2017

Quote:
My AP for the week is...

Velvet:

Now you guys know me by now. You have some idea how my addlepated brain works. Kinda. Sorta. ... No? ... Point is, it's public knowledge that I like a good non-avi avi, and an avi that tells a story. Well, Velvet has taken the chocolate and the peanut butter and rolled them into one! ... This is a cool little scene here. Velvet has wonderfully incorporated all these elements together. So much atmosphere. And when I saw it, a story came instantly to mind.

Foolish youth, walking alone on a balmy Louisiana night. Normally, no one ventures out into this bit of the bayou, removed far from civilization. It's not the location that keeps people away, but the legend associated with the place. Tales speak of a powerful voodoo priestess who once lived in this swamp. All were afraid of this old woman, and no one dared cross her. But mysterious, one day she dissipated, and was never seen again... alive. For now they say her vengeful spirit haunts the bayou, and woe to anyone who enters her domain. ... All rubbish, thinks our foolish youth. So to prove his bravery, he enters the swamp after midnight, and finds himself at the mouth of a dark cave. What could be inside? Only one way to find out. This is a grave mistake, the last he'll ever make.

So yeah, good avi. :D

So congrats to Velvet on her fifth star!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:41 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Wyrmskyld

November 1, 2013

Quote:
Now now, I'm sure some of you may be thinking "Iku.. what.." Perhaps even Wyrm, herself! But just you see, this is interesting what she's done. I imagine this is the crossroads of the two shrines where perhaps the lava reaches the ocean. Wyrm is probably just trying to enjoy a nice stroll on the beach and come across this area. Intriguing as it is, she's stayed too long and now the spirits are having a little fun with her clothing and hair, changing their colors! Calesco is probably taking the competition seriously; look how focused the little spirit is. But Naias is definitely just in it for the laughs; look at how the spirit's made heart shapes out of the magma! Even a smaller spirit is getting in on the fun.
The colors are what first drew me to this avatar, but the story that could be told from it, that's what makes it so interesting. Congrats, Wyrm!

February 5, 2014

Quote:
Now that's what I call a magician! I can practically see the confetti and glitter exploding out of those sleeves as he performs his grand finale. And so many bunnies! I'd pay good money to see that show. Heck, I'd bring along a date too - Wyrmskyld's show seems to be based around love and Valentine's Day goodness, so it seems like the perfect place to snuggle up to someone special and "ooh! ahh!" over his magical feats.

Great job, Wyrmskyld! You've got so much happening in this avie, but I love every bit of it. Sometimes, going overboard pays off! And since this is your second time winning since Admins' Pick was revamped, you're going to win twice as much gold as before.

March 25, 2015

Quote:
Marvin the Martian!

I used to watch Looney Tunes every Saturday morning as a kid. This brings me back! This cosplay is so simple, so straight forward, and so immediately recognizable. Maybe I'll have to watch a little Space Jam tonight in order to satisfy my nostalgia...

Congratulations, Wyrmskyld!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 04-10-2015 at 06:16 PM..