Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 AM

Elirona

May 30, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Tooth fairy, is that you? I'm going to make the assumption here that this ogre is not actually the real tooth fairy. I'm sure maybe it just... you know... borrowed the outfit or something. Right? No way they actually look like that.. right? Could this be what they actually look like?! And what's with that hammer?? Maybe tooth fairies are just waiting for that first tooth to fall out so they can get an excuse to go in and start loosening more and cursing us with sweet tooths(?)! Those floating things that we know as petals are looking more and more like bits of gum or something. Augh!

Congrats, Eli! Now I need to make an appointment with my dentist...

August 13, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
This avie certainly caught my eye! It's all very mysterious, isn't it? A stranger hidden in the shadows, lurking during the middle of the night, caught in action by an un-seen photographer. All that's left behind is this Polaroid. What were they doing? Who did they meet? Are they even human?! I want to know!

Great job Elirona. This is one of those cases where the photo frame is being used to its highest potential. I can absolutely imagine this picture sitting on the desk of a hardened police officer as they try to pick out some clues on their latest case. It looks great!

April 3, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishie View Post
If someone ever asked me what a guardian of the summer would look like, I would point at none other than this avie. If the colors and yellow sunlight graciously shining onto our guardian wasn't summery enough, the head piece and Armour colors certainly ties it all together. I love how the chime eyes also look like they represent the golden sun.

Elirona's avie also makes me wish that the weather over here was just as sunny and bright instead of dreary and grey
Would love to read a book out in that scenery.

January 11, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
Hey there, all you fashion foxes! Howdy, AKA me, here with some AP tastiness! It's been a long day. Oh lawdy! But now it's time to relax! Relax, take off my pants, and enjoy a tall glass of water. Yeah, i'm living on the edge. Almost as wild as when I used to do whippets with Grace Jones back at Studio 54. But I digress.

And my pick for the week is... Elirona:

I'mma be honest with you adorable li'l moppets... I don't know what's goin' on here. But I know what I like. And Elirona has made something I like. Who is this character? What are his hopes and dreams? Does he wash his clothes in Tide or All or Shout, or one of the many other one name brand detergents? Does he wash his clothes at all?! Cause I mean, c'mon, really. These are the quandaries!!! And you guys know me; I like a mystery. Is he a super villain? Is he a drow elf? Does he like to dance with the devil in the pale moon light? --- See, here's what I imagine. A cursed zombie elf! Yeah, we're stickin' with elf. He was shut up in a cave, and left to die. But so strong was his hate, that it turned him into an undead beastie, ready for revenge... with his undead elfie powers. Pew pew! Watch out! :D

So congrats to Elirona on his fourth star! ;D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-25-2017 at 09:31 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:59 AM

Midian

June 25, 2014

Quote:
Is it possible to be creepy, pretty and outrageously lethal all at the same time? Well, Midian seems to have found the balance there!

It's tough to make an avatar that blends in with the background, since you tend to lose a lot of details that way, but using so much black works here! Midian almost seems to fade into the landscape. At the last minute, I expect them to pop right out and attack any enemies that might be passing through! No one would see them until it was too late! And after the kill, this avie is going to step back and disappear into the landscape once more, never to be seen again. I dig it.

Great job, Midian!

December 29, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Here's my festive choice for the season! It's totally festive, right? Look at all that red and green that's been used! This is great because it's messing with my head a bit; it looks creepy, and kind of evil, but it's pretty too! I really like the blue night-time glow of the woods in the background. Everything's pretty and glowy actually! Maybe it's the magic, maybe it's party time and Midian's your hostess with the mostest! You guys should totally book her for your new Year's do, it'd be out of this world!

April 17, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Ok guys, I was asked to step in today for a guest pick!

I'm not going to lie, I antagonized over this for a few hours, because so many people look so lovely today. In the end however I went with the stunning avatar of Midian.

I had many choices lined up in my saves as possibles today, but in the end I kept coming back to this one. I love the color choices, the way the muted background causes some of the other items to look like they are lifted off the page. It doesn't make me think of a typical human avatar but rather more like a piece of art. Very stunning!

May 16th, 2017

Quote:
Heyo, peopos! Howdy here with some late night pixel appreciation. I'm not a daytime kinda guy. I hide in the shadows, hissing at anything that comes near. But if you happen to be... I dunno, a cookie or a piece of cake, maybe a slice of pie, I fully invite you into the darkness.

And my AP for the week is...

Midian:

So here's an avatar I saw floating around during the event and forgotten that I had saved onto my computer box. It's an avi I like, that happens to be made by Midian. ... Now can you see what I see? With the neon blues and greens and purples, all juxtaposed next to the black and white. It's looks like a black light poster! Like you could just flip a switch and it would come alive. It's the kinda poster you hung on your wall in high school, turned on some Pink Floyd and lay in bed and just stared at... all without the inclusion of any recreational substances. Just say no, kids. ... It's an all around cool avi. ;D

So congrats to Midian on her fourth star! ;D

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 08:23 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 PM

Xogizmoox

September 8, 2014

Quote:
This is fabulous! It combines an old and mellow vibe with a really futuristic feel, it makes me think of a tranquil garden on a space station. Look at the sublime cleverness going on there, do you see it?! Giz has done one of my very favourite things, which is use an item in such a way that I can't work out what one it is. The railings! Combined with that space background they look like stairs! Excellent!

I really like the use of colour here, it really adds to the feeling of tranquility, I can almost hear the pigeons cooing, good that they get fed with anti-gravity bird seed, pleased to see that. ;D

Congrats on your well-deserved first win, Gizzy!

March 20, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Howdy, folks! I come bringing pick!

Today's winner is Xogizmoox: who crafted a very creative sort of avatar for us.

At first glance you might think all of these item poses were meant to go together, but Gizmo has pulled bits and bobs from all different places to create this masterpiece! (Get it? Masterpiece? As in, masterpiece painting?)

*crickets*

Ahem, anyway, as I was saying. Great assemblage of parts here! The squinty eye mimics the close-one-eye-to-help-with-perspective trick, the cake sprinkles on the ground really do look like splattered paint - the beret and moustache add a touch of humor, and using the bloody lab coat for a paint-smeared smock was smart! Very fun avatar.

Congrats, Gizmo, on your 2nd star! :)

April 17, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
It's time for the Monday Admin's Pick!

I just love this amazingly well done Winnie the Pooh! It's so clear that that's exactly what it is, and the combination of items to make it are really clever. We don't have a lot of items that scream "bear" in our items here on Mene, so that was a complicated one to do. Combined with the adorable background, this avatar looks like it jumped right out of a Winnie the Pooh story.

Congratulations on your third star, Gizmo!

July 4, 2016

Quote:
Greetings to all you Yankee Doodles! Today is Independence Day here in the US, the day we celebrate the movie of the same name. Yes, it was around this time back in 1996 that we remember a Will Smith film where he didn't push his kids on us. And for that we were truly blessed. ... How things have changed.

And my AP for the week is... Xogizmoox:

Looking around Mene, i'm seeing so many great Fourth of July themed avis. It proudly reminds me of our liberation from the tyranny of the British. Just like when I got divorced from jelly. ... You've all done so well with your reds, whites and blues... but when I saw Xogizmoox's avi, I was so impressed. Here again we have a fairly simple avatar made up of relatively few pieces, and yet the combination is kinda brilliant. Giz has taken these unrelated components and thoroughly evoked the spirit of the US of A. It totally reminds me of the Betsy Ross flag. Very nicely done! ;D

So congrats to Xogizmoox on her fourth (on the 4th) star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:42 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-10-2015, 11:54 PM

Babyblueyes25

November 5, 2014

Quote:
Time to congratulate today's pick, Babyblueyez25:!

Adorable! This is such a cute little avatar. Everything here is working together perfectly: That surprised face, the little spider background, even the over color scheme just seems to suit you.

I have to wonder - Was her face that blue beforehand, or was that induced by a little arachnophobia?

Congratulations Babyblueyez, you did a great job!

March 9, 2015

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner, bringing you a sparkly start to your week it's Babyblueyez25:

Who could resist this adorable little pixie! Look at them, coyly giggling over all the lovely gold at the end of their special rainbow. I wonder where they've just zoomed in from, wouldn't it be nice to leave a trail of pretty sparkles wherever you went!

But what I really want to know about is...the butterflies! Are they...part of the rainbow? Can you imagine, when a rainbow disappears it's actually breaking up into a million rainbow-coloured butterflies, which sadly we humans cannot see, we don't have the power, we can only see those because of the pixie magic! Yeah I wanna find a rainbow and watch it turn into butterflies now

June 5, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Hear ye hear ye! I shall be guest picker for Admin's Pick today and my pick is... Babyblueyes25:!

This avatar is so rich in detail, I just can't stop looking at it! While avatars can sometimes come out looking cluttered or forced, the mix of colors and textures is just lovely and the use of the clouds breaks things up and keeps the background from looking too uniform and heavy. I get a clear feeling for the theme as well, Goddess of Nature and protector of her realm she is at once both fierce and beautiful.

Great job Babyblueyes25 on winning your third star!

December 25, 2015

Quote:
Let's all congratulate Babyblueyez25: on today's win!

Isn't this the cutest? This avatar is so simple, but I can't stop smiling about it. A winter scene like this really gets me in the mood for the Festival of Winter Nights - Who doesn't feel like frolicking in the snow right now?

Great job!!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:46 PM

Bearzy

November 4, 2013

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner for this week, it's Bearzy:

This is great! Explorer, bounty hunter, pirate? All three? This has a definite Tomb Raider vibe to me, because of the lush greenery cascading down over the stonework, and the location visible through the vines. The use of the branch as well as the trailing vines was clever, gives a really realistic tree-like look.

I imagine this being a monastery, you know those ones that are crazily perched on top of towering rocks that look impossible to access. This one certainly looks like if you stepped over the edge of that walkway you'd have plenty of time to watch your life flash in front of your eyes before you hit the ground.

Though that raises the question of what is Bearzy stealing, and how is she planning on escaping with it...to be revealed with their next avatar, maybe?

December 6, 2013

Quote:
My my, it's another second time winner! This Friday's Pick goes to Bearzy:!

First, Bearzy's face in this really cracks me up. The perfect kind of grumbling face. Second, I've always wondered how different the holidays are when experienced in the Southern Hemisphere. Knowing Bearzy is in New Zealand really helps set in my mind what I could expect! Well, the roller blades on the beach, maybe not so much, but check out the rest of that outfit! A festive combination of Santa hat and Santa sweater. Oh, but... only leggings? The outfit is really wacky! But when you consider the setting, it does seem appropriate. Nice warm looking beach and then snow flurries! How bizarre.

So congrats, Bearzy! You've changed my feelings on Southern Hemisphere weather from curiosity to intrigue.

June 8, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Time for today's Admin's Pick!
I'm picking Bearzy:'s amazing cosplay of Imperator Furiosa!

I gotta admit that I'm kind of in love with Furiosa as is, but then you add that the background was well thought out and with mostly simple items, Bearzy has created a pretty fantastic likeness!
Congratulation on winning your third star!

August 1, 2016

Quote:
Greetings, children! It is the first of August! Yay! --- Well, it may be already tomorrow for many of you, but it's still Augusto numero uno for me. I don't have a time machine or nothin'. At least I don't think I do. ... I don't know why I say 'yay'. It's just gets hotter in August, making for a sadder Howdy. Hmmm, if only there was a way for me to erase that 'yay'. *ponders*

Bearzy:

I love fantastical and magical looking avis, and Bearzy's got that in spades. They've filled their dump truck with magic, drove it over to my house and plopped it on my front lawn. And I was like, "Wow." --- Such a lovely and mysterious creature this is. A celestial being silently floating through the ether. The tones of the Berenice Hair, mixed with the deep blue skin against the darkened sky works really well. But what totally makes it, is how Bearzy has used the deer blush here. It's like the star light is reflecting off it's body. It looks so good.

So congrats to Bearzy on their fourth star!

October 11, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Bearzy:

Okay, let's get real here, kids. I'm feelin' a little deja vu, cause no more than two months ago I gave Bearzy the AP. Honestly, I did. But I tell you that I could not... I could NOT pass this avatar over. Every week I travel to the four corners of Menewsha lookin' for some fashion candy. And I say this without exaggeration, when I saw Bearzy's avi, I stopped in my tracks. Seriously, took my finger off the scroll wheel and everything. -- There is something about this avatar that has entranced me. It's so well done. There is a mystical air to it. A sophistication. A refinement. Everything that i'm not. I like the stark white. How the gold pops against it, and how the mint-colored roses really seems to intensify the other colors. I mean, it's definitely a wiener. Super job!

So congrats to Bearzy on their fifth star!

May 29th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
My pick this Monday is Bearzy: , securing them a cool 6th star!

This avatar has got me excited for the Summer, and I don't even really like Summer! I can imagine Bearzy's freckled roller-blader from the 80s skating down the New Jersey boardwalk enjoying the sun, listening to her chunky cassette player. Having already skated a mile and a half of the boards, Ms. Blader here had to stop to grab a slushie from the boardwalk convenience store. It's gotten her all pepped up to go another 3 miles, at least!

Congrats, Bearzy! Your star and gold should be added within the day.

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 08:48 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 PM

Citrus Hammer

April 2, 2014

Quote:
I love the idea that there's a sky goddess up in the clouds who uses a big ol' paintbrush to create rainbows for us. It's such a wonderful concept, especially now that it's April and rain is becoming such a daily part of my life.

Congrats, Citrus Hammer! Your avie is simple and the idea behind it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Such a nice way to welcome in the spingtime! Send a couple of rainbows my way, won't you?

October 29, 2014

Quote:
Gather round, everyone, it's the Halloween DJ!

This is such a great combination of items - I never would have thought of it myself. It puts in mind an "underground" party that's taking place outside in some wooded glade. This shadowy figure is blasting awesome tunes, helping to set a creepy yet pumped-up vibe.

Are you playing The Monster Mash? You better!

Great job!

July 13, 2015

Quote:
Hello peeps - hope you're enjoying what's left of your summer.

This is what happens when you drink too many tropical pineapple drinks -- you start to actually become a pineapple!

Lots of neat details on this - the avatar's skin is starting to glow pineapple-flesh color, while the tattoos emulate the texture of pineapple 'skin.' The facial expression is adorable, and cracks me up. Nice job, Citrus Hammer. :)

December 7, 2015

Quote:
Listen up, lumplings! It's time for anudder Howdy pick! And this week, that dubious distinction belongs to... Citrus Hammer.

There are fewer fruits in this world more accursed than pineapple, for pineapple is the devil's doing. Eww! Icky! -- Oh, but look at Citrus Hammer sitting up there on the mantle, so chipper and eagerly waiting for Santa. How can you resist that adorable face? It's melted my icy heat... Well at least penetrated the first few frozen layers. I still won't eat you, but I won't jam you down the trash compacter either.

Congrats on your fourth star, Citrus Hammer! ;D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 03:13 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 PM

star2000shadow

December 13, 2013

Quote:
This Friday's Pick is star2000shadow:!

Aah, what a cozy and festive setting! After a long day, it's a definitely nice to just put on a fire and relax with a cup of cocoa. And since it's the holidays, it's especially relaxing! The sound of snowfall outside, the crackling of a fire, the flicker of lighted candles, and twinkling lights on a tree. Presents can be stressful and that can really take away some of the spirit of the holidays, but Star's kept it very low-key by having a reasonable amount. I see she's peeking through her stocking though!

Congrats, Star! Can I come over?

March 30, 2015

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner! It's star2000shadow:

Aw yisss, got some kick-ass superhero stuff going on here! Even the demeanour's right! She looks pissed! Also yay, a cosplay that I actually recognised! \o/ <.< >.>

This is sleek though, nothing over-complicated going on; big blocks of colour and sweeping lines, so lots of impact! Balance is nice too, the clouds, hair and lightning bolts are tidily central, the grey at top and bottom bracketing things, them that lovelt splash of blue for drama, love it!

Well done Star, now off to save the world with ya!

October 16, 2015

Quote:
Let's congratulate today's winner, star2000shadow:!

I'm really digging this sketchy look! The black and white avatar on its own would have made a wonderful outfit, but adding in the pen and the vignette border really turns this into something magical. I can just picture a bored student doodling this in class, painstakingly shading in each detail and then adding in some awesome action lines for emphasis.

Great job! This is such a nice creative use of our CIs.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 03:14 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Mageling

February 26, 2014

Quote:
It's BELLE!

Such a simple cosplay, but it's so well done and it fits perfectly with the season. Now is just the right time of year for Belle to be throwing snowballs at her beasty buddy and reading in front of a fireplace each night. Seeing this avatar makes me want to watch that movie all over again.

So great job Mageling! You're quite the beauty.

May 21, 2014

Quote:
Now here's an alien that I'd like to learn more about!

On Mageling's home planet, it appears that the land is made up entirely of ice and snow. Coal black skin lets them absorb as much sunlight and warmth as possible, while antennas give them a means of communicating without a pesky ol' mouth. Are they magical, too? That staff sure looks like it can wield some power!

So great job, Mageling. I love the colors in this avie - You managed to evoke a really interesting story while still looking lovely. Congratulations!

November 20, 2015

Quote:
What a great marionette!

The new CI's skin is such a wonderful match for the marionette strings, I'm glad to see a user combine them so well! Who wouldn't want to play with such a lovely little doll? Adding the wood skin to the ball-jointed doll skin, then mixing in all those leaf and plant accessories, was such a wonderful idea. We always talk about how people take advantage of Mene's layering system when planning their background, but rarely does anyone manage to combine skins like this.

Congratulations, Mageling!

September 23, 2016

Quote:
Put your hands together for today's winner, Mageling:!

Look at this ethereal beauty

She's got such a wonderful glow about her, I'm not even nervous about the bow and arrow! A goddess like this surely wouldn't strike down any mere mortal, right? Right?!

Congratulations Mageling! This avie is both delicate and forceful, she's great!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-31-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Maha-Aamir

October 24, 2014

Quote:
Happy Friday, peeps! I have today's Admin's Pick for you.

Long after she's gone to her watery grave, this pirate captain walks the moonlit shores of a distant dark isle, guarding her stash from would-be plunderers. This is expertly done, because even though the clothes are all pristine, the choice of colors paired with the glow effect makes the avatar seem appropriately scraggly and ethereal. The hair too was expertly chosen - the way it fans out evokes the feeling of being underwater. And props for using that giant crescent moon - not the easiest thing to incorporate, but it works out perfectly here.

Just a great avatar, all around - love it!

Congratulations, Maha-Aamir!

December 4, 2015

Quote:
I love it when you folks create avatars that wouldn't look out of place in real life! Putting together casual outfits, especially when we have so many truly bizarre items available here, it an amazing feat. But the coolest thing about this avatar is how Maha-Aamir managed to make both a a realistic outfit and a slightly concerning scene: Why is this girl out late at night with only a lantern and some coffee? What exactly have those eyes seen?! She's got me Wondering...

Great job!

January 11, 2016

Quote:
Mondays, huh? They're a bummer. But look on the bright side, Monday is Howdy AP Day! Yeah! You know it! Try not to pollute your britches with sheer exuberance. ... Ahem. AND my Admin Pick for this week is... Maha-Aamir:

Now why is Maha-Aamir so distressed? Could it be cause her ship is taking on water and overrun with mice? That's no problem. A few well placed corks and the addition of a cat or two will solve all her worries. Finito. --- Maha makes a stunning looking pirate. It's a great balance of strength, coolness and beauty. And you know with the missing hand and eye, she's got some stories to tell. ;D

So congrats to Maha on her third star!

October 25, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Maha-Aamir:

I love me some Halloween, and I also love that so many of your are getting into the spirit of the season. ... Get it? Spirit? Like... ghost. ... ... Ehem. Maha has proven herself to be quite the avatar maker, and those skills are front and center in this avi. It's put together so well, but still not too complicated, but I think that widens the scope for interpretation. At first I saw her as maybe a sort of Bride of Frankenstein character, wandering the late night countryside. But then I thought, maybe she's a banshee, whose screams bring fear to all those who hears them. But then again, perhaps she's the spirit of jilted lover, who cries out for the beloved who spurned her. And woe to any young man who crosses her path, lest she takes him on as her new beau. --- It can go is so many directions, and that's what I like about it. ;D

So congrats to Maha-Aamir on her fourth star!

January 16, 2017

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Maha-Aamir:

In the tradition of the super badass Lady Snowblood, Maha-Aamir is a woman not to be crossed! A young maiden, possessed of beauty and strength, who walks the streets of feudal Japan. But she is no ordinary maiden. She is a killer, with only one thing on her mind... REVENGE! --- They murdered her family, burned down her home, and stole her cupcakes! And now they will all pay with their blood! --- This revenge fantasy is workin' for me, 100%! The rose petals, the design on the kimono that looks like blood splatter, the merciless look on her face. Great job! ;D

So congrats to Maha-Aamir on her fifth star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-25-2017 at 09:33 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:49 PM

~LONGCAT~

April 14, 2014

Quote:
Here's your winner for this Monday, it's ~LONGCAT~.

Here is Longcat the Intrepid; alone in a ruinous and frankly rather scary place, in the dead of night. What are those flying beasties that she is ignoring so nonchalantly. Are they sidekicks of hers, or are they planning on finding out how sweet the flesh is beneath that pristine white fur?

I find myself peering into the distance here, looking for something lurking back there in the fog. I'm afraid that if I look for too long a pair of glowing eyes will appear, or something ghastly will pop up from behind that wall...but Long is armed and dangerous, she fears nothing!

Bring it on, beasties!

March 23, 2015

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner, giving us another scary beastie for the Admins' Pick Petting Zoo, it's ~LONGCAT~.

Actually, maybe the petting zoo's not such a hot idea, I certainly don't want to have to deal with the tears and freaking out when this creature's seen. Poor kids must get super embarrassed when their parents carry on like that ;D

Also, it'd give the zoo a bad name, people would be thinking we didn't feed the inmates residents! I wonder who's bear that's the head of...now that day would have been fun for this creature's keeper, wouldn't it! Bet that kid's family got a whole lot of freebies before the shrieking was quelled

Anyone want to enter the content to name this delightful apparition? How about something like...Fluffy? Yes?

December 14, 2015

Quote:
Gather round, all you holiday hot dogs! It's time for another Howdy pick! And like my nose, i'm pickin'... ~LONGCAT~.

It's the time of year when things get all kinds of festive, and Long's avi is definitely feelin' the spirit. The combination of background pieces reminds me of the ballroom scene from Labyrinth, and this pretty kitty looks like she's ready to dance the night away. She's a cross between refined lady and party girl, just elegant enough to keep her mystery but not afraid t' do some jello shots with her prince charming.

Congrats on your third star, Long!

January 3, 2017

Quote:
Here we are, kids! A brand new year and a brand new thread. Let's fill this thing up with laughter, memories, and caramel corn. Maybe kettle corn. Oh! Toffee popcorn. That stuff is good.

And my AP for the week is... ~LONGCAT~:

I love when you guys can do a cosplay that is not only instantly recognizable, but also clever and well put together. And mama, does this one stand out in every category. And I kid you not in saying that I have been looking at Long's avi for about a week and saying to myself, 'Wow!' --- Let's start with the obvious. It's Scully. C'mon. I love Scully, Gillian Anderson, and the XFiles. I saw the neck length red hair and that 90s power suit, and knew who she was. But the pièce de résistance, what completely sells this avi is what Long has down with the Lost Shrine of Naias column. ... It's an alien spaceship and tractor beam! That's genius! I mean, really. Great job! ;D

So congrats to Long on her fourth star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-25-2017 at 09:28 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Libra

December 2, 2013

Quote:
Look at this, isn't it delightful? Chilly's found his mummy! Who know the grown up bear would have such amazing hair? Unless there's a bit of species confusion going on here, has a white lion adopted a polar bear? Why not! They both seem quite happy together anyway!

They both have blue eyes though, and the adult is wearing clothes...think there's been some scientific shinanigans going on here? I think humans are going to be in big trouble if lions turn out to be able to breed with bears I don't think they'd all be as chilled out as these two o.o

I wonder if we stay and watch a while, whether we'll get to see Chilly getting his first fishing lesson! If he grows up and turns into a new huge and carnivorous Menewsha crossbreed, I hope he remembers how much we all liked him when he was little...

Congrats on a super cute look, Clarius!

August 8, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
Hey everyone! Neller here for your Guest Pick of the Day! For this Friday's Pick, earning her second star, is Libra!

Isn't this avatar gorgeously terrifying? And it tells a great story, too. The story of an alien queen who lead her people to Earth to, obviously, use mind control on the human population, turn us into slaves and take over the planet. But look how powerful this queen is! She's so entrancing that you hardly notice the skull she carries. We're all doomed! But helpless to our demise.

Congratulations, Libra!

January 25, 2016

Quote:
It is the day of the Moon, children! Jupiter is aligned with Mars, and Tuxedo Mask has been kidnapped... again. It's time for s'more AP shenanigans! And my pick for the week is... Libra.

Once upon a time, there was a golden haired princess named Libra, who lived in a gilded palace. Her's was a carefree life, and she wanted for nothing. One of the pleasures of royalty is being served the very best meals. And every day she would dine on chateaubriand and pate de foie gras and other Frenchy-sounding foods. But one day, she flittered out onto the balcony and looked down at her subjects and thought, "I wonder what the common people eat." So Princess Libra commanded her footman to bring her a sampling of the local cuisine.

An hour later he returned with a paper sack. She didn't even know there was such a thing. Libra assumed all sacks were made from fine linen and embroidered with gold thread. One learned something new everyday. She opened the bag and found a curious sandwich, a sort of salibury steak slipped between a seeded roll. "My goodness," she delighted, "this will certainly be an adventure. My taste buds are positively giddy with anticipation!" And so she bit into the sandwich... then promptly spit it back up. "Daaamn! Da f**k I just put in my mouth?! This stuff be nasty! People eat this shiz?!" And she tossed the burger over the balcony, then demanded an extra large helping of chateaubriand.

So congrats to Libra on her third star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-31-2016 at 03:37 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

HamletSpamlet

June 13, 2014

Quote:
Oink oink guys! Today's Pick goes tooo HamletSpamlet:

N'aawwww. Party for piggy buddy! Parties for humans are okaaay and all, but there's usually some sense of obligation. Parties for our beloved pets and animal friends though, that's a different story! But hmm, where is everyone else? The decorations are set, the food is there, but there is only a single piglet. Could this be the moment before they hop out and surprise the little fella? Or maybe he snuck out of where he was supposed to be and everyone has gone off to look for him! Meanwhile he's here about to have a private cake tasting session!

Congrats Hamlet! You can definitely have your cake and eat it too.

February 6, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Oontz oontz oontz oontz.

HamletSpamlet: is rocking the house - waaaaaaaaaaaaaat. The tunes that make your butt wiggle are anything but wiggity wiggity wack. That's just really well done make-up, right?

I just love the colors. The club background is really well done, more of a suggestion of all the right elements - keeping it from being overdone. Something about the way the lights and the sky in the background gives me the impression of a dancing crowd in a fog machine. (Is it just me?)

Anyway - congratulations, Hammy!

March 4, 2016

Quote:
Put your hands together for our newest winner, HamletSpamlet:!

Check out this fine piece of romance, casually hanging around outside like its No Big Deal. Leave it to Hamlet to match their jacket with a bouquet of roses and the nearby dessert table. Who wouldn't want to stumble across a scene like this?

Congratulations, Hamlet! Not only is your avatar adorable, but it surely makes our userbase swoon! (It's the wink that seals the deal!)

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:50 PM

Drop Bear

January 31, 2014

Quote:
All right guys! Today's Pick iiis Drop Bear:!

My my! What has DBear been up to?! Now I don't know if it's intentional, but this looks an awful lot like a Trevor Philips (GTA V) cosplay, to me. Even though this scene is pretty grisly already, it's probably actually still pretty tame for Trevor! Anyone not familiar with this guy, well... he's a special dude. I'm really impressed at how DBear was able to convey this guy with our items even though he's fairly simple. He especially chose great head items (including hair). Those eyes! That smile! Trevor's hair isn't really that crazy, but somehow... here... now... it fits! I wonder if this is a few years later, when he gets white hair and is even a little more nutty! Which, I guess brings me back to my first point... what has he been up to?!

Take the gold, DBear! -tosses and runs-

June 9, 2014

Quote:
Here's your winner for this Monday, it's Drop Bear:

Looks who's just stepped through the mystic divide between the living world and the next, is it your soul he's come to collect? Maybe it's Elirona:s, he seems to have more than he requires. Coincidentally, I have just reread Terry Pratchett's Mort, and there's Death on the screen looking at me, life timer and everything. D:< Hmm, speaking of Mort similarities, Menewsha's own soul collector Maria-Minamino: also has red hair, just like Mort...

Lots of sand left in that timer though, so maybe Death's just bored and wanting to be friends? That face though, that's not a friendly one, no matter what spin you try to put on this! Excellent use of facial features to add a real fear factor to things. Do you see how the markings on the skull now look like >8( lines?

That grin though...Looks like he just can't wait, looks like a "finally, you are mine you *******" kind of expression, to me! If you could turn the avatar around and see things from the reaper's point of view, I wonder who you'd see...

March 7, 2016

Quote:
For many of you, Monday is either a fond memory or quickly disappearing into your rear view mirror. But I lives on the American west coast, homes, so it's still very much Monday here! You know what i'm sayin', esse?! West Siii-eed! ....... And my pick for the week is...

Drop Bear:

Howdy, thatsa me, has a fondness for fighting games. Why I remember when I received Street Fighter II for Christmas when I was a kid, right after World War II. (Not many people realize that SF II was first released in the early fifties.) It was a great game. All those shoryukens, hadokens, spinning star kicks and me losing. I like fighting games, but i'm no good at them. But I digress. Often.

Fast forward all these years later and with the new release of Street Fighter V, we find Drop Bear's killer Blanka avi.
Ol' Dropa has skillfully recreated Street Fighter's resident electric man-beast. Observe the ferocity in that face, but also the humanity and the pathos. Okay, I don't know about all that, but it's fun to use the word 'pathos'. -- It give me a warm sense of nostalgia and ultimately, it's a cosplay done right.

So crackin' job to Drop Bear, and congrats on your third star! :D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:06 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Rochiel Silverfire

August 20, 2014

Quote:
Big congratulations to today's winner, Rochiel Silverfire:!

I want to see a tv show about this character! Cyberpunk lion pirate? I'd tune in religiously each week, just to see what sort of action they got tangled up in.

Really, how much fun is this avatar? The idea behind it is adorable. It's a great mix of genres that usually don't work together, but Rochiel managed to meld them into this character flawlessly. Just looking at it makes me smile.

Great job!

December 3, 2014

Quote:
Congratulations to Rochiel Silverfire:, our new winner!

Alright, I've got to admit it, I'm in the Christmas spirit!

What a wonderful way to kick off December - Rochiel makes me want to string up some garland, drink a bit of hot cocoa and enjoy the snow flurries. What a great day for ice skating! I can practically see this avie's breath steaming in the cold air.

Nice job!

March 21, 2016

Quote:
Bonjour, mon petit Muppet Babies! It is the day of Howdy AP! I'm Howdy... but what is AP? Apple Pancakes? Delicious, but no. Animal Planet? Negative, they've really gone downhill. Anal Pen... you know what? Stop that! It stands for Admin Pick! I mean, really. ... ... ... And my pick for today is...

Rochiel Silverfire:

We are in the week leading up to Easter and it's all about the bunnies! I took one look at Rochiel Silverfire's avi and instantly thought, 'The Wonderland Killer'. Oh yeah. See, here's the story. The White Rabbit. Timid chap, right? He gets pushed around by everyone. The Mad Hatter. The Queen. The Cheshire Cat. They all treat him like their whipping boy... er uh, bunny. But no more. Oh no. The White Rabbit, he's had enough. Snapped his mental tether, he did. And now he's out for vengeance. Wonderland will feel his fury. He raises his pocket watch and proclaims, "I'm late, i'm late, for a very important... murder!" DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!! *dramatic reverb* ... All with a smile on his face.

So cheers to Rochiel Silverfire on her third star!

... ... ... Anal Penguins. Y'know, penguins who obsessively clean and are overly detail oriented. They're such a pill.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:13 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Kiari

April 1, 2015

Quote:
Let's see if we can rustle our new winner, Kiari:, out of hiding!

Isn't this avie wonderful? Adding such bright and crisp colors against a dark background is the perfect way of making this outfit eye catching. Look at how stark those details are! The avie's body practically blends into the black floor underneath it, but we can see just enough of an outline to know that this wonderful god-like creature is there. And those piercing eyes! Such a great little addition, they pair perfectly with our white tattoos.

It looks like Kiari has been signing in recently and has a good collection of ur newest CIs, but hasn't posted since 2013! Do you think a little praise will drag them back into the forums? I certainly hope so, I want to see this avie around more often.

January 1, 2016

Quote:
Congratulate today's winner, Kiari:!

Now this is a Little Red Riding Hood that I can get behind!

Little Red isn't interested in being pushed around anymore. She fought back against the last wolf who attacked her, and now she wears his fur as a trophy. No one else in the forest will be going up against her any time soon: Red isn't afraid of the dark anymore, and she's more than confident enough to venture off to Grandma's house during even the worst conditions!

Congratulations!

April 1, 2016

Quote:
Let's all congratulate Kiari: for winning today's Admins' Pick!

Wow, I can't tell if I'm scared of this beast, or if I pity them a little bit. Look at those sad eyes! And that melancholy look! Sure, I'd probably run away screaming if I saw this walking towards me, but there's still a small part of me that wants to offer it a cup of tea and a hug.

Great job!

June 20, 2016

Quote:
Greetings folks, it's Howdy AP Monday! Yay! It's also the first day of summer, my least favorite season! Boo! ... That really has no bearing on AP. Just a fun fact. ... So dig out your form hugging bikinis and tight fitting speedos and get out and have fun! --- I'll be here, in the dark, complaining about the heat. ... ... And my pick this week is... Kiari:

Twice already in this our year of two thousand and sixteen has Kiari taken home the AP prize. And boy, I can sure see why. She is proving herself to be quite the avi maker. I took one look at this and thought, 'Dang, that's pretty cool.' --- The background alone. You can really picture this alien spaceship, with the backdrop of the universe out the window. And the alien being itself is so well put together. She's strong and a badass, but combined with this sense of mystery and elegance. --- All around it's a job well done.

So congrats to Kiari on her fourth star! :D

March 28th, 2017

Quote:

Kiari:

Now here's a fun fact about Howdy, who is me, by the way. In case you were wondering. ... My favorite colors are black and red. [And before we go any further, I don't want none of that 'black isn't a color' stuff. Stick it in an envelope and mail it to someone who cares. ] But yes, black and red... delightful! But unfortunately, the combination of the two is very common and can come off as unimaginative. Much of the time... And then you have what Kiari has created here. I love how you guys can take these separate pieces, and make it feel like just one item. For example, this outfit. It's so cohesive, it's like one big piece. And what a great subject. A powerful demon. She's as lovely as she is imposing. And nice use of the new background and funnel. :D

So congrats to Kiari on her fifth star!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:35 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:51 PM

kasakir

December 10, 2014

Quote:
Time to congratulate kasakir:!

Look at these lovely colors! Everything about kasakir's avie seems to blend together so well.

I can just tell that this goddess is hanging around her personal Mount Olympus and looking down with disdain at all of us puny mortals. "Why must they eat and sleep so often? Weak peasants! They should be using those precious hours to worship me!"

Great job kasakir! You're gorgeous and you intimidate me, which is always a wonderful combination.

April 13, 2015

Quote:
Oh yes, it's Monday winner time, and it's time to shower congratulations upon kasakir:

Look at this beautiful aquatic warrior; patrolling her watery kingdom with her faithful hippocamp accompanying her. Are we being allowed a glimpse of actual Atlantis? Look how elegant and lovely it is! I feel truly honoured!

It's also wonderful to see the Trident of Atlantis being used, of course this setting couldn't be more perfect for it. A really lovely avatar, Kasakir, well done!

April 11, 2016

Quote:
So ol' Howds has had a busy day. And now the day draws to an end, but it's still Monday, for me anyway. So let's do away with the prattle get down to busy-ness. My AP for the week is...

kasakir:

Now let's be honest, kids. The Voodoo masks are some nice pieces of pixels, but they're not often easy to work with. But kasakir, through some voodoo magic of her own, has taken the mask and made a really cool avi. A supernatural tree being that inhabits the jungle, perhaps a magical guardian or shaman. The lion mane compliments the oak skin so well, you'd believe they were from the same set. Nicely done! :D

So congrats to kasakir on her third star! ;D

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:48 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 PM

Kirin Rosenbaum

February 10, 2014

Quote:
Here's your winner for this Monday, it's Kirin Rosenbaum:

Fancy a nice walk with Kirin in these lovely woods? Guys?...GUYS? Where'd everyone go?!

Can I admit to writing this out with the page positioned on the screen so the top of the preview of the avatar is off the screen, just that bit at the top with too many legs.

This is cool though, isn't it? Such a sweet and innocent-looking avatar, in such a scary place! Did she take a wrong turn? Or has she found that shortcut wasn't such a good idea after all. Maybe she fell asleep in a patch of sunshine and it was dark when she awoke. The forest is often an entirely different place once the sun's gone down...

Let's hope Kirin gets out of there in one piece!

February 12, 2016

Quote:
It's time to congratulate today's winner, Kirin Rosenbaum:!

I want to go to this party!!

Look at how chic Kirin's Valentine's Day is: Champagne, draped windows, fancy Hors d'oeuvre mini cakes, a seaside view. This is the kind of place that I want to spend my evening, especially if it means the opportunity to dress up like the avie here. What lovely touches of gold everywhere!

Congratulations Kirin, this is awesome!

April 15, 2016

Quote:
Let's all congratulate Kirin Rosenbaum: for winning today!

This is the sweetest use of the new CI that I've seen so far. This little avie is so neat and pretty, prepping for her outdoor tea party. I can't wait to meet all the friends that she invited along!

Well done!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-19-2016 at 07:47 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 PM

Kat Dakuu

October 7, 2013

Quote:
Here's your Monday winner, it's Kat Dakuu:

Here she is, looking super sweet, almost as if she might be made from chocolate herself. She's certainly framed just like she was on a vintage box of chocolates. A delicious box full of strawberry cremes, maybe? Handmade for someone's birthday?

I hope she doesn't melt too quickly. But have you noticed the best part? Did you spot the most clever thing? Did you? Look at the earmuffs!! The earmuff is eating the frosting that's dripping from the cake hat!!!

And on that potentially sticky note, congrats Kat!

June 2, 2014

Quote:
Here's your winner for this Monday, it's Kat Dakuu:

What an amazing ethereal avatar! Is she an angel? Is that heaven? It certainly looks like it might be! I just love the use of the waterfalls in space, the thought of those actually existing blows the mind, but they look so perfect. Anyway, who said the laws of physics apply the mysterious angelic beings? If they want waterfalls in space, they can clearly have them!

Oh! It is raining down on the planet? Wouldn't it be awesome if that was what rain looked like, instead of forming in clouds! Maybe it is how rain works on Kat's planet. Ooh, maybe she's a divine weather forecaster! What's it going to be like tomorrow, Kat?

June 10, 2016

Quote:
Put your hands together for our newest Pick, Kat Dakuu:!

Ah! I love this!

This image is incredibly dark and surreal - That bleak landscape, that dark bridge, and then that fish in the sky! I love how it's ever-so-slightly backlit, just enough so that you can see it's a fish but it still doesn't take away from the overall dreary image.

Well done, Kat! You've succeeded in both confounding and intriguing me.

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:53 PM

Woodlandnymph

February 11, 2015

Quote:
Time to congratulate Woodlandnymph: for today's win!

Look at this EXPLOSION OF LOVE!!!

This close to Valentine's Day, it's very fitting to honor this avie. So much pink! So many hearts! What a little angel!

Maybe all of us aren't interested in the love-dovey aspect of this month, but there's a lot to be said about the folks who can pull off such a sweet look without being overwhelmed Congratulations Woody, you deserve this win!

October 9, 2015

Quote:
It's time for today's winner! Let's all congratulate Woodlandnymph:!

How cute is this cosplay?

Forest spirits are adorable on their own, but this Menewsha-ized interpretation just makes me smile from ear to ear. There's something incredibly charming about seeing one of our avatars embody such an iconic, sweet little fellow.

Great job!

June 13, 2016

Quote:
A wise sage once said, "It's Friday. Friday. Gotta get down on Friday." And truer words have never been spoken. ... Well, today is Monday, and it's time to get up. Get up, dust yourself off and put your clothes back on. I mean, really.

And my AP for today is...

Woodlandnymph:

Every sky pirate dreams of sailing through the vast blue empyrean on their very own airship. Perched up on the bow, with hands on hips and a smirk on their lips, as their vessel splits the heavens. Tis a thing of beauty... But what's a pirate on a budget to do when an airship is more pie in a sky? They man the balloons! They're not as menacing and there's not much room for crew, but they get the job done, consarnit! ... Woodlandnymph has put together a fantastic avi, one that really gets the imagination goin'. But I wonder how balloon pirates attack. Maybe they drop water balloons.

So congrats to Woody on her third star! ;D

'Empyrean', there's a word you don't hear often.

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:53 PM

TheEmpressofEvil

October 2, 2013

Quote:
Today's pick goes to TheEmpressofEvil: !

One of the most exciting days on Mene is the day after we get a new CI. The huuuuuge variety of ways that you guys use the items always impresses me!

Here, TheEmpressofEvil's avatar has nothing to do with dolls, but she has still managed to use the new hair to create an adorable-yet-creepy avatar for us. This little girl looks far too young to be wandering around the forest by herself, but something in those eyes tells me that she can handle it. I pity the monster that jumps out to attack her!

So congratulations, TheEmpressofEvil! Your Little Red Riding Hood interpretation sure sends shivers down my spine.

March 18, 2015

Quote:
Let's hear a round of applause for today's winner, TheEmpressofEvil:!

This avie has certainly been sprinkled with some pixie dust - Look at how adorable she is!

Words just can't describe how much I want to pinch Tink's cheeks right now. Everything is spot on, from that hair to the glowing halo of light that's surrounding our favorite fairy. I'm always so amazed when people can come up with accurate cosplays like this using Mene's items!

Amazing job, Empress.

June 27, 2016

Quote:
It's Monday. And like that one creepy cousin at the family reunion, there's no avoiding Monday. --- But cheer up! Howdy is here to make things just a bit less creepy. Which is quite the change, cause usually I have the opposite effect.

And my AP for today is... TheEmpressofEvil:

TheEmpressofEvil's avi looks how I feel. All hot and sad. Howdys aren't made for summer. And it looks like Empress isn't either. Here's a lesson, kids. Don't lay out into the sun too long. In fact, don't do it at all. Hide in the basement, like me, tucked away in a corner. Plotting. Scheming. I'll see you there. ;D ... I like how Empress used the pink pastel skin here as a sunburn. And look at that poor teary little face. Awwww... You can just imagine how uncomfortable that is. Let's hope she doesn't get any blisters. Ouch!

So congrats to TheEmpressofEvil on her third star!

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:55 PM

Kiyoto

July 23, 2014

Quote:
Congratulations to Kiyoto:, today's winner!

Now here's my ideal vacation spot! Ocean view, secluded bathing pool, cherry blossoms gently blowing in the wind, both a crab and a friendly little spirit to hang out with - What more could you want?

I love the effect that the waterfalls create here. It's almost as if I'm walking through a curtain and getting my first glimpse of this wonderful paradise. Very nice set up, it's awesome to see people using Mene's layering system so effectively.

Great job!

September 24, 2014

Quote:
Congratulations to today's winner, Kiyoto:!

AHHHH! If I make you a ritual sacrifice, will you leave me alone?

Isn't this an awesome avatar? I feel like I need to call some demon hunters out here! Those backgrounds layer perfectly to create such an eerie scene, while the flames and bright eyes jump right out at you. I even love the little detail of adding in those chains - It really, really makes me think that this is an avie I want to avoid at all costs.

Amazing job! You're bringing in the Halloween spirit a little early this year and I love it.

August 5, 2016

Quote:
Let's all congratulate today's winner, the lovely Kiyoto:!

I'm a sucker for well made backgrounds. Here, Kiyoto doesn't even need an avatar to hold my attention! The colors nad layering make me feel like I"m about to pass through a gate into some wondrous fantasy space realm, full of shining lights and mystic flora.

Great job!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-31-2016 at 01:39 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:55 PM

Wings of Writing

January 21, 2015

Quote:
Wings of Writing created a wonderfully creepy avatar with the new Karmic Glow MI.

I love this because I never would have thought to use the glow with blank space. Doesn't that outline look awesome?! For an item that was created with dreamy intentions, this is the stuff of nightmares. This avatar is so simple, but it has all the features of a demon that will send me off crying in the corner. The eyes, the grin, the horns - Everything is perfect!

August 15, 2015

Quote:
It's time to congratulate today's winner, Wings of Writing:!

Isn't this avie ethereal?

I love the way that her clothing's colors are mimicked in the background. It really makes this avie look a though she's a force of nature, something that's rising up out of the sunrise itself! The entire effect is gorgeous.

Good job!

August 12, 2016

Quote:
Woohoo, our winner today is Wings of Writing:!

Everything about this avatar is just so satisfying! I love all the different shades of blue that have been layered here, and I especially love how Wings managed to create such a textured background. It's almost as though the seams of the sky are splitting apart. That gives the entire avatar such an ethereal quality (and the light blue skin doesn't hurt, either)!

Great job!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-31-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:56 PM

woohoohelloppl

May 29, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
It's been raining all this week where I live. The avatar woohoohelloppl: created reminds me of my week so far. We're hoping to get some sun this weekend, but really all things considered we're lucky. It could have been snowing.

I've always liked this outfit and it's great to see it around again after such a long hiatus. It's the kind of thing I wish I could get away with wearing but would never have the guts to leave the house in.

Congratulations on your first star! :D

April 8, 2016

Quote:
Woohoo, it's time to congratulate woohoohelloppl: on winning Admins' Pick!

This avatar just plain catches my eye. It's so great to see someone combine those dark and dreary backgrounds with the little pops of color that this staff and hair pin provide. These are items that I never would have thought to pair!

Great job!

September 20, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... woohoohelloppl:

If any of you have been paying attention (and how could you not?), you'll know by now that I enjoy a good non-avi avi. And woohoohelloppl here has painted the perfect picture... with pixels. What we have here is a juxtaposition of man and nature. A chic city rooftop. A stillness set against the hustle and bustle, as the sun sets over the darkening metropolis. It could be New York, Tokyo, London. It's all kinds of cosmopolitan. And in the middle of this, a small bird relaxes in a luxury pool. --- It is again an avi of few elements, but layered so well. I especially like the city silhouette against the reddish-purple background. Great job.

So congrats to woohoohelloppl on her third star! :D

January 31, 2017

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... woohoohelloppl:

In my time doing AP, i've come to really enjoy all your avi making skills. And even more so, I enjoy when you guys can make a scene. --- I don't mean like throwing a glass of wine in someone's face at a restaurant. --- But putting an avatar together that tells a story. Something I can look at and piece together an entire scenario. And woohoohelloppl is givin' me that. ...

She was a young beautiful girl, swept away by the love a charming, handsome, older man. Theirs was a whirlwind romance and soon they were married. But behind that gentlemanly facade, hid a sinister mind. He was only after her family's money, and promptly disposed of her on their honeymoon. But the young bride's spirit would not rest. And on a moonless night, her tortured ghost appeared from the old vanity mirror... searching for revenge. Stabby stabby!

So congrats to woohoohelloppl on her fourth star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 02-25-2017 at 02:21 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:56 PM

SuperZombiePotatoe

July 11, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
I've been asked to do a guest pick, so here goes nuthin

Today's Winner is none other then SuperZombiePotatoe: !

This whole outfit is incredibly simple and yet, that totally works in your favor. I feel like you are an elven traveler just trying to find your place in the world. Your face almost reads sadness, which fits with the story your avatar weaves. I love the way that tree looks with the forest in the background. I am also in love with the fact that you gave that shield some love . Its calm and serene and I just love it! Good Job!

October 1, 2014

Quote:
Today's Pick goes to SuperZombiePotatoe:!

HAHAHA

These aliens sure know what they're doing. Who in their right mind would want to abduct a boring ol' human when you could abduct some fried chicken instead?! It's clearly the best option available.

I do feel bad for these little cluckers, though. It looks like they were on a nice date, minding their own business, when suddenly a beam descended from the sky and started carrying off the rooster's girlfriend. Such bad luck! But at least they left the picnic basket behind, right little buddy?

Great job, SuperZombiePotatoe!

September 28, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... SuperZombiePotatoe:

Imagine you've lived a long and full life. You look back on all the things you've attained. A happy career. A wonderful marriage to your true love. Score of of loving children and grandchildren. --- But after all those years you come to the end of that life. No regrets. No sadness. Only peace. And as you ascend the heavenly stair, you catch sight of the golden gates to the promised land, and they begin to open. Who will you meet? A choir of angels? St. Peter? God? ... Nope. Longcat. "Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow welcome to the afterlife!" XD --- This is a fun avi and very well put together. Great job!

So congrats to SuperZombiePotatoe on her third star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-31-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 11-14-2016, 04:36 PM

Celestrya

July 28, 2015

Quote:
Let's congratulate Celestrya: on her first star for this lovely avatar ~

Great outfit - I like the mix of colors. The addition of feathers give it a phoenix-like vibe that I find interesting: since we normally expect "fiery" colors in most artistic depictions, white is unexpected. Yet, as a symbol of purity, it fits perfectly - she's kind of caught mid-transformation. No idea if this was intentional or just in my wandering mind, but I like it. :)

Also, It's hot as hell where I live, so I'm feelin' the little cheek tattoo as a "when will this end?" tear. Lol.

Neat avatar - and congrats! :)

March 10, 2016

Quote:
Everyone put your hands together for Celestrya:!

What a dark and lovely avatar! This widow sure knows how to travel in style, doesn't she? It seems to me that all of her newly inherited money is going to good use. But whether she's traveling in search of a new and better life, or escaping away from her old one, I can't say. All I know is that this outfit is quite snappy when pared together with the new CI's backgrounds.

Congratulations!

October 3, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Celestrya:

Autumn is in full swing, but today I bring you a touch of spring. Hmm, that rhymes. Celestrya has created here a lovely, enchanting forest nymph. There is a quiet, reserved sort of beauty to her. I like the mix of greens here, and the deep amber color of the flowers pops nicely against the dress. I think what I like most is how the sky and border frame the avi. It has a very artistic feel. It almost looks like a Pre-Raphaelite painting, with the serene maiden standing against the backdrop of nature. Nicely done. :)

So congrats to Celestrya on her third star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-16-2016 at 02:48 PM..