Abeo
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Abeo

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 AM

I've been thinking about starting a Role Play thing for a while now. I'm still patching together the story/plot, setting, and general stuff, but I would like to lay out what I've got right now and see if anyone is interested. Oh, and this RP is basically based off of a setting I'm going to (hopefully in my school's Writing Club (yeah, I'm in a writing club. :P)) use in a story I'm also working on.

First, the Setting:

It's the year 250 RASE (Roman Age of Space Exploration). (Approximately 2030 A.D.)The premise is that the Roman Empire never broke apart; instead, it flourished, bypassing the medieval ages entirely. Now the Empire is about 600 years ahead of us in terms of technology. The actual RP starts on the Apollonian (equivalent of American) colony Semita. (Yeah, I know, a lot of information to have.)

Next, the Plot Kinda Thing:

The URE (Short for Unified Roman Empire) is aggressive; it suppresses non-Roman colonies ever since an attempt at secession in the early stages of space flight. The people of Semita, tired of the unfairness of it all, have begun to show signs of unrest. There are rumors of a rebellion brewing, and delinquents have begun defacing monuments and government buildings. The URE, seeing that Semita is a stone's throw away from full rebellion, have sent a force of agents, called Dolossus, to the planet to secretly crush the uprising.

One of the main tools of the delinquents on Semita (now becoming known as the New Apollo Revolutionaries) are motorized skates (partially inspired by JSRF and Air Gear).

Now, the Explanation:

This is kinda like a prequel to the story I plan to write. I guess any players can choose to be a Dolossus agent, a Apollonian rebel, or a citizen. There really aren't any aliens that you could be (maybe...). If people want to do it, I'll put the character form thing in the main thread. I'm not sure how well this will work out, but I would like to see responses from interested parties. :) One last note of uncertainty: I'm not sure how (well) this will work. So, yeah. Thanks!

Pondscums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 AM

Damn, So close to exactly what I was looking for :( How would you feel about co-labing on Romepunk? It's a little less space opera but could be cool?

Abeo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Yeah, that might be cool. You'd just have to explain it to me. ^.^;

Pondscums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 AM

Have you heard of Steampunk? Romepunk is very similar. Basically think of a modern city or even slightly futuristic one and try and make it happen with roman tec. and culture. I like the idea of a double decker bus run by slaves turning cranks, Giant steamer ships made of wood, marble and wood robots...that kinda thing.

Abeo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 AM

Ok, that actually sounds really cool. Steampunk is really interesting, and those ideas are really cool. I think it'd be fun to do.

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Your idea sounds really cool! That Steampunk/Romepunk thing does too. Whatever you choose, good luck! ^_^

Pondscums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2009, 12:44 AM

Abeo: Sweet. Did you want a big political plot or something a little smaller scale?