Adderly
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Adderly

Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 AM

Well so am I! I always get so frustrated on Gaia when I have joined an RP that seems to have so much potential and then everyone just leaves, so I've made this thread to kind of recruit people to the RP before I make it.

What I'm exactly looking for is just a Hogwarts roleplay, either before or after Harry's time. We can discuss the roleplay as we go along in an OOC thread and also plan it a little bit here. I want to hear every idea, every person's thoughts because I know how great it can be when things are just spur of the moment.

Romance is allowed and almost encouraged but I'd only want to keep it to a small amount of players (not characters, mind you) at least for now so that we can concentrate on it. I have one potential recruit already.

CHECKLIST
(Copy and paste this into your post if you are interested. This is just solely information)

[ ] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[ ] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?
[ ] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?
[ ] Have you read and completed all the Harry Potter novels?
[ ] Have you ever been in a Harry Potter RP before?
[ ] Would you be active in participating with the RP?

Now obviously I'm not looking to dedicate my life to this, so not even I am going to be that hardcore. What I'm looking for, more or less, are people who I think I'd be able to write with easily and who could also be easy to work a schedule around with. So please, I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Lady Star
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Lady Star

Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 AM

Ohh this sounds interesting ^^

[ x ] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[ x ] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?
[ ] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?
[ x ] Have you read and completed all the Harry Potter novels?
[ x ] Have you ever been in a Harry Potter RP before?
[ x ] Would you be active in participating with the RP?

I'm only good RPing when it's about Harry Potter or Ouran Koukou ^^ But I mainly just do HP RPs. I have the 7 books and
the HP Bible HP-Lexicon just a click away. Depending on the inspiration is how creative I get. I tend to play female characters but I could give it a try to male ones too. I think the only 'problem' I could have is that English is my second language and sometimes I get lost or have to take my time looking for words on a dictionary ^^;;

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 06:14 AM

As far as I can see you are a really literate person. I don't expect instant responses for the RP or anything so that should be good. You can take your time!

I like Ouran Host Club too! I think we're on the same wavelength. ^__^

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 AM

[<] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[x] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?
[x] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?
[x] Have you read and completed all the Harry Potter novels?
[x] Have you ever been in a Harry Potter RP before?
[x] Would you be active in participating with the RP?

Top one is only half checked due to it depending entirely on how mentally drained I am. Sometimes I'm good at it, but others...well I can keep my characters going and in character but I can't think of new ideas so I sail along until the muses dine to visit me once more.

I am very easy to schedule around as I'm on far too much. Indeed most would deem it unhealthy if not an obsession. Anyway, I hope I fit the pre-requisite requirements as well as your own personal ones. I'd love to do a Harry Potter roleplay that will actually last. They all seem to die...

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Well I can't help that ;D I have to write well to understand better. I get lost with English slang and stuff.

yay! The latest chapters *55 & 56* where awesome! I think I've never squee so much reading a manga lol

Raspberry Tea
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 PM

[ ] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[x] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?
[x] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?

I'm usually in character centered RPGs instead of plot centered, but it would be nice for a change of pace. I've never been in a forum based game, but I've been playing on LJ and GJ since 2003. I've only ever been in one trio era game. So depending on what you want in a player I may or may not be suitable.

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM

All of you are accepted into the RP if you're all still interested (I hope!) I'm sure we can discuss a general plot line for now. Like if you guys want it pre Harry Potter, or post Harry Potter.

We can even do crazy stuff like have it in the Harry Potter world but what it would be like without Harry Potter. Even we can be in the Harry Potter era. It depends. I'm however thinking it to be a bit pre Harry Potter.

And I mean even before Voldemort. So we can have a bit more creativity with characters and such. Input?

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 AM

I don't have a clue of what 'era' should we RP. What sort of plot where you thinking about?

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-30-2007, 04:44 AM

I don't really have a preference...

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 AM

I really want it to have lots of room for open plot advancements. Maybe the best way to do it is to just pick an era, start and see where are creativity takes us. I think pre-voldemort and Harry Potter would be a good place to start. There were a lot of things not really mentioned before Voldemort's time and I think it would be interesting to have our own villain and such. xD

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 AM

This is true. I know you say pre voldermort, but are we going pre tom riddle too? Because if we go too close the books do mention the villain before Voldy..Dumbledores friend then enemy...doo dah...I forgot his name, yeah... but if we go too far back you have to be aware of hitorical fact that would have to effect the characters...

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 03:52 PM

That sounds good Adderly. We could have Grindelwald as the villain. Rowling didn't go into much detail with him so we can do whatever we wan with him.

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Star
That sounds good Adderly. We could have Grindelwald as the villain. Rowling didn't go into much detail with him so we can do whatever we wan with him.
True indeed! That was around the same time as Dumbledore so that would be interesting! See what it was like...

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Yeah, and at that time Dumbledore was respected but not as much as when we have Voldemort.

Rihoko
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM

This sounds interesting. I haven't RPed in a long time so I might be a little rusty but I would like to give it a try.

[x] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[ ] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?

`Karma!
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to `Karma! Send a message via MSN to `Karma! Send a message via Yahoo to `Karma!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM

So, the only real role-playing I've done was at a extremely serious Fruits Basket role-play site where we were required to write at least a page of play in Word and then paste it into the forum. I've always LOVED Harry Potter, but I've never had the chance to take part in a role-play of it. Gender-wise, it doesn't really matter- though I have more experience playing male characters. ^^" (I wrote as Tohru once, but I was mostly into Hiro or Momiji.) I'm willing to try anything though.

Maebkitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 PM

x ] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?

Most of my free-form roleplaying experience has been in rl or on [RP Literate]Kingdom of Eiros or [RP Literate]Kingdom of Duvah. They are lots of fun, but a little slow pace and I'd love to get involved in another roleplay. I can play any gender and I love both. I love playing multiple characters and sometimes get bored if I only get to play one. I am an active college student, and there are a few times a year (finals) when I can't be on very much, but I might hop on to post when I am feeling stressed... a little bit of fun to relieve the tension. This sounds like tons of fun and I hope you are interested in having me play.

Maebkitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2007, 09:48 PM

I also like the pre-Harry/pre-Voldemort era. Should we start developing characters? What do you want from the characters and how many should we do?

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Where should it take place? Hogwarts or on a town? If it's in school we can start with a teen character and later add adult characters. Maybe each could manage 1 teen and one adult or something.

Maebkitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM

I think school would be fun, but it would be interesting to explore the world outside of Hogwarts, so I love the idea of having one kid and one adult. They could be different ages, so some are just starting at school and others were older. Perhaps some people could play other people's parents so there would be some interesting character interaction there.

Chaitealatte
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-07-2007, 06:02 PM

I'd certainly like to think so - though I do seem to accumulate more ideas than I have time to play out! xD

Again, I'd really hope so. It's something I make a big fuss about. When I have role-played I've tended to invent worlds with my friends, which requires interactions on many levels to express different ideas. In fact I'm uncomfortable when people want to limit things to just one character! xD

Not at all! But... I do tend to become something of a softie towards villains. I feel sorry for them and think they need a cup of tea and a cuddle.

xD Naturally! When I was eight/nine, a couple of us hid behind stage when we were meant to be performing something and quizzed one another on the first two books... I had something of a reputation for being an OBSESSED fan! (You could say not much has changed...)

Yes - I've most enjoyed playing Remus, but have little interest in the trio's era. The pre-Voldemort thing here has caught my attention!

That would depend on the plot that's come up with, whether or not it interests me. I haven't RPed in a large group for a while, so I might seem a little rusty and befuddled at first. Or I might just end up lurking and throwing things into the melting pot from the kitchen doorway.

As for Grindelwald... He never attacked England in the canon. x3

And I was absolutely besotted with Dumbledore from book one (anybody eccentric, kindly, wise, bookish... I wanted him for a grandfather!) so looking at him (in light of the last book and recent developments as well!) would be faaantastic! : D

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM

[<] Are you creative with plot advancements?

I'm not entirely sure, actually.

[<] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?

I've never tried, but I think I could manage it fairly well.

[X] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?

I've played female characters, male characters, villains, not background characters, but I'm sure I could.

[XXX] Have you read and completed all the Harry Potter novels?

Of Course!

[X] Have you ever been in a Harry Potter RP before?

Yep, but only with two of my friends, and once at an MSN group. They're quite fun!

[X] Would you be active in participating with the RP?

Yes, of course! I love Roleplaying very much, and I do it often.

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 AM

[ish-nish] Are you creative with plot advancements?
[XX] Can you handle managing multiple characters at once and still keeping them "in character"?
[X] Do you mind playing characters with different genders, villains, background characters, etc?
[X] Have you read and completed all the Harry Potter novels?
[X] Have you ever been in a Harry Potter RP before?
[X] Would you be active in participating with the RP?

I saw this thread and spazed out. I've been looking for a good Harry Potter RP. I've been come some what of a RP addict now days.
I like the ideas you guys have so far..though I think we should go farther then Grindawald...like the Founders era. We know very little about then and them. Though im starting to like the idea to do something in the Maruador(forgot how to spell) era.
I dont know...X.x

Maebkitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 AM

Just wondering when we can expect to get this thing off the ground...

Jeebus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Would we be using our avatars as the characters in this, or would we actually have to find pics/describe OC's? Because i'm more looking for an RP to use my avatar with, because i think it would be a nice idea.