Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-08-2015, 05:23 AM

This is a roleplay between myself and Junabelle. Please do not post, but feel free to read along if you'd like. Thank-You!

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...psaexgc6el.jpg

Name: Cole Edwards
Height: 6"1'
Weight: 150 lbs
Personality: Mostly kept to himself when surrounded by strangers, can get loud at times (usually happens when drunk), Obedient, Rude at times, Occasionally Absent Minded.
Bio: When Cole isn't busy following through with an order, he can usually be found in any bar having a few drinks with the few friends he has accepted to keep. The life Cole lives isn't one that others wish to have but it's the only one he knows how to live. Life as a mobster isn't an easy one, but he didn't have much of a choice. Growing up in bad neighborhoods, Cole saw these things most of the time and once he was older he began to join in on the action. His parents were never too fond of his life choices, but they figure he's old enough and is responsible for his own actions. They just hope that he can deal with the consequences or find a way to get out of that mess he's in.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 04-10-2015 at 05:30 AM..

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:10 PM

Name: Leanne Willis
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 125lbs
Personality: Daddy's Girl, loyal, kind, understanding, can easily get confused (when faced with two different sides of one story), artistic, thoughtful.
Bio: Leanne grew up in a world without a mother. Adopted as an infant by the kind Officer Richard Willis, she still has no idea that she's adopted. She's a highly sheltered girl, having graduated college without many friends due to this. Now a freshman in college (which her father only agreed to because it's in the city), she studies art and dreams of the romance she reads about in her romance novels. She lets her father control her life and because of how he raised her, she doesn't mind it much.

Last edited by Junabelle; 04-10-2015 at 04:46 AM..

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-09-2015, 01:17 AM

"What job do you think the boss will have for us today?" Asked one of Cole's friend who was a mobster just like him, as all of Cole's friends were. "I have no idea, but it probably won't be an easy one." Cole answered and took a drink from the beer he held tightly in his hands. Just then, a phone rang which surprised them all. Answering the phone, Cole looked at the others as he spoke. "Hello? Yes sir we're all here." Cole said and waited as his boss spoke to him. "Understood, we'll be right there Sir. Okay, bye." Cole said then looked at his friends. "Boss wants to talk to us. He wants us there right away." He informed and finished his beer. "Did he tell you why?" asked a friend. Cole only shook his head and placed the empty beer on his coffee table before heading out with his friends. They knew it was best not to keep the man waiting and climbed into their individual cars and drove off.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:08 AM

Spring Break didn't exactly feel like Spring Break when Leanne lived at home in the one city she went to college in. The campus was filled with students leaving for their dorms and others studying on the dry lawn. It was the first warm day of the year and the freshness, the stillness in it made Leanne happy as she straightened her tan pea coat and adjusted the dark leather brown messenger bag on her shoulder. She turned her wrist, raising it before her so she could glance down at her rose gold watch.

Damn, she thought. Daddy will be waiting. Essays and projects she had to finish over break filled her messenger bag as her ankle boots slapped against the concrete sidewalk that lead into the main part of the city so she could pick up the four cupcakes she had ordered last week. He better like them, she soon thought, her mind reeling to the Happy Birthday card sitting in her desk in her bedroom.

The city was busy today. Students off school and the perfect day for city street shopping had brought out pretty much all of the population as taxi cabs and bus horns echoed through the wide streets between the tall buildings lining the streets of the city. Her eyes were already set on sight of the bakery just fore blocks away, its big and bright LED donut sign beckoning her over.

Her only challenge was crossing the street to the other side where the baker was.

She waited minutes upon minutes. Thanks to the traffic, it was difficult for anyone to go across the crosswalk, which was why each side of the crosswalks held a huge pile of people all looking impatient.

Do something daring, echoed in her mind. Her art professor had said that to her water colors class on the first day of college. Finding it her queue as a group of black cars creeped up to the backed-up lines of honking cars and buses before the traffic lights, she leaped across in front of the cars stupidly.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-09-2015, 06:19 AM

50, 55, 60... The speed at which Cole was driving was slowly increasing. He couldn't keep his boss waiting, if they were even a second late they would never hear the end of it. They knew this from the last time they were late. Traffic was slightly heavy but it still moved quickly which was good for him, glancing down at the car clock he saw that if they continued this pace they would make it to their boss early which would probably surprise their boss. Heck, it would surprise Cole too since they were never early.

The traffic lights remained green which kept traffic from piling up, the day was going perfectly so far until he noticed the girl that stepped out onto the crossway. Quickly, he stomped on the brakes and was pretty sure she'd be dead if he had hesitated for even a second. Coming to a stop, Cole stared at the girl in front of his car before stepping out and running a hand through his short hair. "Are you crazy?" he asked the girl and sighed. Luckily she didn't look hurt but the gentleman in him wanted to ask anyway. "Never mind that, are you okay?" He asked. The oncoming traffic abruptly stopped to keep from hitting the car that had stopped up front.

Looking back at the long line of traffic, Cole pressed the button found at the crosswalk and looked back at the girl. "You really need to be more careful miss. We're both lucky that you didn't get hurt." he pointed out softly and knew then that he would probably be late. However, if he explained to his boss what had happened, then maybe he wouldn't be in as much trouble as he probably already was.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 PM

Leanne was pretty sure she had just watched her eyes pass before her eyes as she felt the head of the care gently tap against her leg. She stumbled to the side slightly, nearly about to lose her balance. When she caught herself and looked over at the car as the driver stepped out, yelling at her, she froze up as her hazel eyes widened and her lips parted in shock.

"I-I'm really sorry!" she yelled at him over the annoyed car beeps, her eyes resting on the handsome man who had almost run her over (even though it was initially her fault...). "I just needed to cross the road badly!" she said as she pointed over at the crosswalks, which were backed on on each side because no one really got to cross thanks to the traffic. "I'm fine, but late," she looked down at her watch again.

She went to move but found herself clutching to the hood of the car when she realized how shaky her legs have become. She let out a tiny gasp and she regained her balance, forcing herself to the other side of the road.

"Sorry again!" she yelled to the man.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-09-2015, 09:48 PM

Cole could tell from the look on the girl's face that she was scared of almost being run over. She was a pretty little thing, even when she was scared. Listening to her, he nodded and looked over at the crosswalk which was crowded with people who really wanted to cross the street. "I understand. Traffic has been pretty crazy lately." he admitted and waved her off, watching as she got across safely. "It's okay! Just be careful next time!" he called back and turned to the honking cars. "Oh shut it will you!" Cole yelled and climbed back into his car, buckled up and stepped on the gas. He rolled down his window slightly and lit a cigarette, clicking the ashes out his window as he continued to drive towards where his boss was waiting for him. "Great, I'm late." Cole muttered under his breath.

"Where the heck is your buddy Cole?!" yelled the boss as Cole's friends walked in and sat down at the large dark mahogany table. "Probably stuck in traffic sir. The traffic has been crazy these days, it's hard to go at a fast speed without crashing into anything or anyone." he explained softly. Their boss only shook his head and tapped his fingers against the smooth surface of the table. "This is his second time being late, he better have a good reason for it." Their boss warned. Minutes passed in silence as they waited for Cole to arrive, causing everyone including their boss to be nervous.

Pulling into a parking lot, Cole put out his cigarette and parked before taking a deep breath and stepping out of his car. He looked over at the house that was his boss' and wondered what was going on inside and just in how much trouble he was in. "Oh well, let's get it over with Cole." he said to himself and walked past the large water fountain, and walked up the front stone steps before knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell. "Who is it?" Called his boss' voice from inside. "It's me, Cole." replied Cole. "Come inside then." his boss answered. When Cole stepped inside he could tell his boss was not happy. "Let me explain what happened Sir." Cole started and his boss motioned for him to sit down. "Yes, please do Cole." his boss said calmly.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:54 AM

Leanne ran up to the door of their townhouse, rushing in to find her father just coming into the entrance hall from the kitchen with his arms crossed over his chest in disappointment and disapproval. His chubby face held a deep frown with his forehead creased in years of worry over her.

"You're late," he grumbled.

She sighed and tilted her head to the side as she shrugged, her hands holding out the bakery box. "Traffic held me back."

"You don't drive," he countered, taking the box from her as he pressed his rough lips to her forehead. "Thank you."

She rolled her eyes when he turned his back to her as she shrugged out of her jacket and placed it on the hall tree before she headed up the stairs to her bedroom where she opened her desk's top drawer and bring out his envelop that contained his birthday card.

She came down the stairs and met him in the kitchen, finding him already biting into one of the cupcakes. She placed the envelope before him and kissed his temple as they wrapped an arm around each other.

"Happy Birthday, daddy," Leanne murmured to him.

He nodded his head, swallowing his bite of food before he spoke to her. "They asked me to head in tonight."

Leanne frowned. "But we were supposed to go out for dinner," she quipped sadly.

"I know, sweetie. But it's an emergency. Some paper work from some arrest last night and the detective wants to have a meeting with me," he said with a shrug. "Nothing major."

Leanne sighed, wondering what she was going to do with herself tonight. A Friday night, where most of the people she knew would be out partying, hanging out, or clubbing. What will she be doing? Nothing because her father wouldn't allow her to go out at night without him.

Sometimes he's so over-protective, she thought, but then again, that was his job. So she waved it off for the millionth time in her life.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-14-2015, 05:40 AM

Cole nodded and took a seat, suddenly nervous to explain to his boss what had happened. "Well after we hung up, the guys and I got into our cars and headed over here as fast as we could but traffic was heavy. It was really difficult to go above fourth which was what I was doing. As soon as I was reaching the crosswalk some girl jumped right in front of the traffic and I would have run her over if I hadn't suddenly come to a stop when I saw her. I had to get out of my car and help her along with all these people who wanted to dross, cross. Every other car was honking at me as I did this...it was crazy sir." Cole explained calmly.

His boss nodded as he listened to Cole's story in silence. Of course he had to believe him, the others did say traffic was heavy so this story made sense. "I see.." said their boss after a long silence. "I wouldn't believe this story if your friends here didn't confirm the heavy traffic Cole." he said and was quiet for another while before speaking again, "let's try not to be late again." he said and crossed his arms across his chest as he leaned back in his leather chair. "Alright, down to business." he started and sighed softly. "The reason I called you all today is because I need you all to do something, another job." their boss said and looked at them. "I know we all need and want money, but how do we get it? How to we get easy money?" he asked.

This confused them all and Cole raised his dark eyebrow questioningly. "Kidnapping a wealthy person, or a relative of a wealthy person of course. It won't be easy though. We need to figure out who is wealthy and then figure out how are we going to kidnap them and where will we take them." their boss explained. "Yeah, boss this isn't really an easy job. You sure we're ready for this?" Cole asked rather surprise that their boss was asking them to kidnap someone. What happened to good old fashioned robberies? He wasn't one to really complain about his job though. "I think you are yes. Just have to make sure to make a plan and stick to it. Think of it as a test if you will." their boss answered with a nod of his head.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:12 PM

The sun was almost down as Leanne plopped onto the foot of her bed, her messenger bag over in the corner by her desk where her pile of essays sat, already finished. She had an entire break to finish them and look what had happened. Hours left alone in this house gave her too much time, and she hated it. She looked over at the clock, hoping that it was late enough to expect her father home, but the time had betrayed her and it was still too early.

She laid back on her bed and stared up at her powder blue ceiling, her lips an unhappy frown as her stomach began grumbling, telling her that it was time for dinner. She sat up and touched her bare feet to the wood floor of the bedroom, walking over to the door, heading down the hall, and over to the side where the steps leading down to the kitchen were. She browsed through the pantry, the fridge, and the cupboards, deciding what it was she'd make exactly. After peeling potatoes, putting them in a pan of water to boil, she put on her favorite music and began singing to it, swaying her hips a bit as she began making taco dip. Her father's favorite. It'd still be as fresh for him when he came home to it.

----------
---------------
----------

Officer Willis closed the file in his hands, handing it over to the secretary. She offered him a professional, business-like smile with a hint of natural friendliness. She placed the file in her arm with others from the other cops, holding it to her chest as she motioned her head towards him. "We need you to talk to him."

"Seriously?" Officer Willis asked as his face scrunched. "I'm no detective, Judy. And besides, it's my birthday, I gotta get home to Leanne...

The secretary blinked, nodding her head. Of course they had a secretary here. It was a police building for the elite police officers of the city. But she said nothing more and that was enough for Leanne.

"He's in with the commissioner."

"Why?"

He stopped asking anything else when Judy hurried off before him, as if she had been summoned there herself and needed to be there for him. He sighed and followed after her. The office was nearly dead with men either on their breaks or people in other places of the building, no doubt. He opened the door to the commissioner's office to find all the other officers and workers in there, with their hands up in the air.

"Happy Birthday!" they sung for him, motioning towards a big birthday cake to share between everyone, a sign hanging on the window behind the commissioner's desk reading: "Happy Birthday Rick!"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-15-2015, 12:45 AM

"Sir can I ask you a question?" Cole asked. Their boss shrugged, "I don't know, can you?" he asked. "Sir may I ask you a question?" Cole asked. Their boss nodded. "How will we know who is rich?" he asked. "Good question Cole. The answer is simple; people will pay a lot of money to make sure they see their loved ones again." Their boss answered. "What makes you so sure they won't just send over the cops?" Asked one of the others. "If they do that, you hurt their loved ones. Simple as that really." Their boss replied. "Well then, let's see if we can come up with a plan shall we?" Suggested their boss. The men sat together and discussed many possibilities all day. Some were reasonable while others were obviously not going to work out.

The day passed by as the men planned out what they hoped would be a successful kidnapping. 'I just hope that I don't have to hurt anyone and that the cops don't get involved.' Cole thought to himself as is started getting late. "The plan doesn't have to go through today, you do it when you think you're all ready. Now then, get out of my house, I'll call if anything comes up." Their boss explained. The five men nodded and quietly left the house, each one getting into his own car and driving away. As Cole drove off, he remembered the girl he had almost run over and chuckled softly. "Pretty little thing's heart bust have been racing at that moment." he said to himself and turned on the radio, switching through the pre set stations he liked and turned up the volume when one of his favorite songs began to play.

"I wonder what she's up to, she seemed like a nice girl. Let's hope we don't kidnap her..." Cole said to himself as he continued to drive home. Stopping at a stoplight, he looked around to take in the sights. A lot of partying was going on of course, a kidnapping didn't seem like a good idea. 'Too many witnesses...' he thought to himself and resumed driving when the light was green.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 04-15-2015 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: Posted too soon

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:54 PM

It was well late at night when Leanne had heard the door to the house open. She froze for a moment, sitting up in her bed as she had been laying down watching some movie on the little television sitting on the farthest corner of the room on her desk. It wasn't very big, of course, but it was just enough for Leanne to see when she was curled up in bed on one or more occasions. Her eyes glanced over at her alarm clock, which read one in the morning. She sighed a bit angrily, her lips forming a line.

Leanne was an adult, so she felt she had a right to stay out as she pleased, but of course as long as she lived under her father's roof, she abided by his rules that honestly made her feel as if she were still a child. But how come he didn't get to abide by his own rules, she wondered as she looked over towards her door when it creaked open and her father poked his head in.

"Saw your light on. What are you doing still up?" he asked, as if it were some shocking thing.

Leanne closed her eyes for a moment, calming herself down so long that she didn't burst at him. He didn't get to have that tone with her.

"I'm an adult, dad. Of course I'm still awake now."

"You'll sleep the whole day away," he quipped.

She tilted her head to the side. "I don't go anywhere," she said with a shrug, passing it off as if it weren't important. "It's not like it really matters."

Something passed in her father's eyes she couldn't understand right away. It was as almost as if he had taken her words in offense, but knew she had a point. He said nothing and left her alone, closing the door behind him. She had seen the birthday cake smudge at his mustache. He knew he had been out celebrating with his friends.

So why couldn't she celebrate things with hers?

She turned over and laid on her side, unhappy.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 AM

Checking his gas meter, Cole noticed the tank was almost empty and sighed as he quickly made a U-Turn and sped off towards the nearest gas station. His sudden act had caused on coming cars to slam on their brakes and honk angrily at him but Cole only chuckled as he checked the rear view mirror then turned his attention back to the road. Turning into a gas station, he parked his car in front of a gasoline pump and walked over to the lady managing the gas station. "Sixty on number five." Cole said to the lady, and after paying, left to fill up his car. Looking around, he noticed the place was full. He also noticed the little store and suddenly felt the urge to buy some snacks and drinks.

Cole filled up his gas tank and closed it tightly before quickly heading into the small store and grabbed a few things. He grabbed six cases of beer and a few bags of snacks before making line to pay for them. As he waited in line, Cole pulled out his wallet and then his phone rang. Quickly checking it, he ignored the phone call for a while when he saw it was his mother calling. Placing his things on the counter when it was his turn to pay, he decided to answer and pulled out his ID, showing it to the cashier so that he could get the beer. "Hello mom, this is a surprise. Why are you calling me all of a sudden?" Cole asked and pulled out some money to pay for his items. "Thanks, have a good day." Cole said as he grabbed his ID and put it away back in his wallet as well as his change then grabbed his things and headed back to his car. "Sorry mom, was busy shopping, but what's up? Is everything okay?" he asked and frowned as he placed his things in the trunk. "What do you mean sick? How sick is he?" he asked.

Locking up his trunk, Cole hopped into his car and started driving back home as quickly as he could. "Look mom, take him to the doctor and see what the doctor says. The worst they could say is he's dying which I highly doubt is what's wrong with him. Just let the man rest and make sure he takes his medication if he has any." Cole explained and sighed mentally at the stop light. "I have to go mom, but I'll visit tomorrow if I can okay? Bye, and tell dad I said hi." Cole said and smiled. "Love you too, bye." he said and hung up letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Seeing the light was green now, he sped off towards his house and pulled up into his driveway. Stepping out of his car, he opened his trunk and pulled out his things before locking it closed and walking to his front door where he unlocked it and walked inside, locking it closed behind him.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:30 AM

Leanne woke to an empty house. Her alarm clock read 2:25pm and she had slept the entire morning and afternoon away, knowing that her father had left for work around eleven this morning, leaving her alone for the rest of the day. And like any other days, she was to stay home. And what angered her most was if she wanted to go anywhere, she was to call him and let him know. Sometimes, well, all the time, it felt like a bother to be a policeman's daughter.

Especially with her being an only child.

She rose out of bed, showered for the day, and dressed in a simple floral dress and her favorite worn jean jacket, brushing her black hair into smoothness as she headed down stairs and into the kitchen to make herself lunch. But once she had found little to eat that she was in the mood for, she decided to head out, leaving a voicemail for her father. She was supposed to speak to him directly before leaving the house.

But it's fun to break a few rules every now and then, she soon thought as she slipped her hands into her black gladiator sandals and grabbed her purse, heading out the door and into the sunshine as she walked into the city and decided to do some light shopping to try and pass the time before her father would be home from work.

She stopped off into a Forever 21, trying on new dresses and oblivious to the vibrations of her cellphone, her father calling her.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2015, 04:21 AM

The sun shone through the windows of Cole's house, however because of the curtains being drawn, it wasn't as bright in the house as it should be. Waking up, Cole looked at the clock on the living room wall and groaned as he sat up from where he lay on the couch. It was 2:30pm apperantly and he didn't even remember what it was he did yesterday. He checked his phone to see he had a few missed calls and sighed, deciding to return them while he worked on breakfast and grabbed a beer. "Hey you called?" he asked once his buddy finally answered. "Took you long enough to answer, was going to hang up soon enough. So what's up?" Cole said and listened in silence as his buddy explained how he planned to do the kidnapping that day.

"I'd love to help but I honestly just woke up. Fell to sleep on the couch it seems, probably drank so much I passed out. Have to call my mother back since I missed her calls but you send me a text when you're all finished. Let me know where you're at with the person and I'll be sure to meet you there ok? Alright, see you then; bye." Cole explained and hung up then served himself his breakfast and started to eat by himself as he finally remembered that he had promised to visit his parents today. "Crap..." he muttered tiredly and took a drink of his beer then proceeded to call his mom, hoping everything was alright.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:24 AM

Leanne looked around the busy streets. The sun was out and bright, the sky clear. It had been a good few hours she had been walking around, shopping, and luckily her feet hadn't become sore just yet. Panera was packed on the inside, the poor girls at the register overwhelmed with the first big crowd this year as Leanne looked down at her tray of her Italian Combo and her cell phone that read her father was calling. She picked up the phone and sighed before she answered and put up a big fake smile.

"Hi daddy," Leanne greeted.

"Why didn't you wait to talk to me before you left the house and that message?" he demanded. His voice sounded rough with exhaustion and concern, but it made her roll her eyes. Not a single hello or good afternoon?

"Well I was hungry and didn't want to wait for you to get back to me since your cell went straight to voice mail," Leanne told him as she rested her shopping bags from her one bag on the chair closest to her that faced the windows of the restaurant.

She heard his ranting and looked around and the people grouped up with their friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, and family, feeling a bite of envy at her heart.

"Yeah. I know. I love you too." She closed her phone and shoved it into her purse before she unwrapped her straw and poked it into her cup of iced tea, feeling uneasy.

She had done this before. Not often, but she had done it. So why was she feeling so uneasy? It was almost as if something bad were to happen to her. Surely her father wouldn't ground her when she got home. She pushed the thoughts away as she bit into her sandwich and focused on enjoying her time out of the house with no over-protective father.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2015, 11:05 PM

"Mom don't worry, I'm on my way there." Cole said as he headed out his front door, locking it behind him. "I'll be at the hospital in twenty minutes, tell dad that I said hi. Alright, see you soon." He said and hung up before letting out a soft sigh and climbed into his car, driving off towards the hospital. His mother didn't want to tell him what was wrong with his dad, but it couldn't be good if he was in the hospital. Turning up the volume of his radio, Cole tried not to work so much about it and continued driving. Suddenly his cell phone rang and even though he didn't want to answer it, he did. "Hello?" Cole answered. "Hey buddy. Look I was thinking of the job we were given and I think it would be best that I wait until nightfall. Too many witnesses out in the daytime you know?" His friend said calmly. His friend was currently sitting in his own car, parked outside a restaurant watching the people as they walked in and out. Cole quickly came to a stop at a stoplight and shook his head. "I think that would be smart yes. Just make sure you have everything ready. Wouldn't want to mess this up you know." Cole replied.

His friend nodded to himself and smirked. "I'm not going to mess this up man, no way." He replied. "Just wanted to let you know that way if you wanted to, you could help me out?" He suggested. "If I have the time man, I will. Right now I'm on my way to the hospital." Cole replied. "Oh man, is everything okay?" His friend asked. "I honestly have no idea, I'll talk to you later man." Cole answered and after saying their goodbyes, he hung up and made a sharp turn into the hospital's emergency parking lot. Finding a parking space was tough but he was able to find one and parked easily. Climbing out with his phone and keys, he locked the door, set the alarm and ran toward the hospital doors, walking inside.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:08 AM

A day had passed by and Leanne stared at her latest shopping bags she had crumbled up in a ball by her trashcan under her desk. She stared at it when her father, who had the day off, would grumble at her about how she was getting irrisponsible and didn't know how to follow rules followed by something always similar to, "someone could have taken you."

Hours to herself, away from her father, out of the walls of the boring house, and shopping was all that she needed after how many days of going by his rules and only going from college to home and back as if it were her daily routine she'd be stuck with for the rest of her life. She hoped it wouldn't be like that.

A part of her wondered what would happen when she found a boyfriend, when he'd propose to her and they'd have to move in together in their own home. Would her father still hold her prisoner or would he finally see that she had been a grown up for some time now.

It was almost seven in the evening when her father poked his head through the door and looked at Leanne, who sat reading at the edge of her bed. She looked up at him, ready for his next controlling words.

"Let's go out to eat," was all he said, as he murmured it in a soft, tired voice.

She hadn't the heart to say no to him, to comment about how he was afraid of her getting "stolen". What's this? You actually want to go out? Not afraid of me getting stolen? She was glad she had held back the hateful words as she nodded to him and got to her feet, grabbing her denim jacket and slipping her feet into her slip ons. She didn't care -- she was hungry and she was more than ready for supper.

She wasn't sure if her father had been waiting for her to come down to get something to eat, but Leanne felt stubborn that day and was well prepared to go to bed without bothering to eat anything if it meant she got to dodge her father's words further. Her bedroom was the only safe haven anymore.

She followed him out the door, to his car, and they drove off to down town.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-08-2015, 03:36 AM

A day had passed and Cole's father still wasn't doing too good. His mother was staying at the hospital to be with him, but Cole had a job to help out with. "I'll try to come and visit when I can. Right now I have some things I need to do though. Bye, and make sure dad eats and gets his rest okay mom?" Cole said before hugging his mom goodbye and waving goodbye at his sleeping dad. Without another word, Cole left the hospital and hopped into his car. "Pretty hungry, I should get something to eat first." He said to himself and drove off in hopes of finding a decent place to get some food. What was he in the mood for? Anything at this point, hospital food wasn't exactly the best thing to eat. Sighing softly, he glanced at his phone and wondered what his friend was doing. "I wonder if he'll actually get the job done." He said to himself and smirked as he continued driving. After a few minutes, he pulled up to a Subway parking lot. Parking he already knew what he would order, he had come to Subway a few times before and it was always the same thing. Locking his car doors, Cole walked into the small Subway and got in line.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 PM

The two sat in the parking lot of a mini outlet mall-like area. A C-shape building filled with various food and small businesses wrapped around one large half-filled parking lot. The sky outside was cloudy, but the weather decent as Leanne decided she didn't need a jacket, shrugging out of hers as she stepped out of the car with her father and they leaned against the hood of the car, staring at the food places.

"Pick one," her father told her.

Leanne looked over at her father. He did this every once in a while, but never often enough, where he'd take her here and let her decide what she wants to enjoy eating with him whether it be dinner or lunch. Her eyes scanned the lot, worrying the corner of her bottom lip between her teeth as she nodded towards Subway.

"Subway it is," her father said, not having to really ask where she was nodding her head towards.

She followed him to the Subway where the inside was almost as warm as the outside was, a small line formed at the counter. She didn't give a second thought about looking at, or caring about who was at the counter until her eyes caught on a certain man, a familiar man. He almost ran me over with his car...and it was my fault... she wondered as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Suddenly, Leanne's father pulled his ringing phone out from his pocket. He studied the caller id before he looked over at her and sighed with a straight lined set of lips. "I gotta take this, you go on and order. You know what I like," he told her as he kissed her forehead and hurried out of the restaurant just as he answered his phone.

Leanne looked after him and sighed, almost forgetting about the stranger.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-09-2015, 10:01 PM

The line moved slowly, and when he heard the door open he glanced over in time to see the girl walk in with a man. She's here too? Cole thought to himself and quickly looked back straight ahead. She was the same girl he had almost run over for her silly actions. Who was that man with her? Was he possibly her father? Just then, he realized he was up and smiled at the girl behind the counter. "What can I get you today?" She asked. "Buffalo chicken please. Toasted Italian bread, provolone cheese." Cole said. "Size?" Asked the girl. "Foot." He answered easily and felt his phone vibrate. Picking it up, he frowned when he saw that it was his mom but answered it. "Still getting lunch mom. How are things over there?" Cole asked and looked at the girl behind the counter. "Run it through the garden. No condiments, a lot of jalapeños and spinach please." He said and walked over to where he would pay. "What's wrong with him? What happened?" Cole asked and pulled out his wallet, handing the girl at the register the money for his sub and a drink. "Thanks." He said quietly and grabbed his things before filling up his cup with some cherry Pepsi and taking a seat at one of the tables.

"What did they say? You need to tell me what they said." Cole said quietly to his mother who was reluctant to tell him what the doctors told her about his father. Sighing he gave up, "Fine don't tell me, but I'll be going over to the hospital after lunch and you better tell me then. I know I'm not the best, but I still deserve to know what's wrong with my father." Was all Cole said before hanging up and deciding eat one half of his sub for now. The other, he would eat later. What was his mom keeping from him and why? It didn't seem right. He tried not to think of it and glanced over at the familiar girl before looking through his phone as he ate.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:30 AM

"What can I get you?" The girl at the counter seemed nice and bubbly, but pushy. the SubWay people were always pushy, in Leanne's opinion.

"Two subs." The girl at the counter moved over to the rack of fresh sub bread. "Two Italian footlongs, both ham and turkey." The girl went to work right away. "Provolone on both, but bacon on one of them."

She finished through her and her father's orders, making sure she got herself a chocolate chip cookie combo before she paid with her card her and her father shared the account. She thanked the girl and wished her a nice day before she looked back to the door. Her father seemed like he was in a heated discussion, probably would be a while.

She walked over to the stranger, feeling inclined to say something.

"Hi," Leanne said to him softly, a bit shyly. "I just...wanted to say sorry for the other day. I was late for home and if I had been any later...my dad would've killed me. And it was so busy and..." she stopped herself, her cheeks going red after realizing how she had begun to babble. "Yeah..."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-10-2015, 05:24 AM

Cole was eating quietly and wasn't aware that the girl had approached him until she spoke. Drinking some soda he looked over in the direction of the voice and was surprised to see the girl standing there. "Hello." He said and listened to her ramble on, chuckling softly when she finished. "It's not very wise to talk to strangers you know." Cole started and shook his head. "It's okay, really. I'm just glad I didn't hurt you. You just need to be more careful, there's a reason why they have buttons to push at the crosswalks you know. But I understand that when you're in a hurry you can't really take the time to do stuff." He said and couldn't help but still think to himself just how lovely she was, her eyes were his favorite thing about her. Looking out the window at the man on the phone, Cole guessed that was her dad and looked at her. "I'm guessing he's your dad?" He asked. "If he is, I wouldn't want you getting in trouble for talking to me, a complete stranger." He commented softly.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Leanne smiled at him softly, looking over at her father for a moment before looking back at him. "Yes, he's my father, and also a police officer, so I do believe I'm safe." Her eyes somehow sparkled as she looked at him. "Everyone's a stranger until they become an acquaintance," she soon added as she moved her hand into a simple wave. "I'm Leanne by the way." She sucked in a breath, holding her tray of subs.

"I just...didn't want you to think I was some idiotic, crazed, suicidal person." A nervous chuckle left her. This many was attractive and even though she couldn't really guess his age, it had been a long time since she had really gotten the chance to talk to someone outside of the internet or at school. "And sorry if I interrupted your eating," she soon said after, now feeling bad after realizing he how rude it was of her for doing such a thing.

Back in high school she remembered the dirty looks she got from walking up to complete strangers during lunch. She thought she'd have learned her lesson by now, but here she was, smiling down at the stranger who was kinder than she had expected him to be. Yes, she shouldn't be talking to strangers, especially him, who looked mysterious somehow, in a dangerously dark way, but something drew her in and she wasn't sure what it was exactly that did so.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 AM

Cole listened to her speak and was surprised to hear her father was a police officer, technically his enemy. "I see. Yeah you are pretty much safe from any danger, so that's good right?" He asked and smiled. She was being very friendly even though they didn't know anything about each other. "I'm Cole, it's a pleasure to meet you Leanne, very pretty name by the way." He said and raised an eyebrow. "Does this make us acquaintaces now?" Cole asked curiously. If her father saw them talking he didn't think he'd be too happy about it, and he really didn't want to get her in any trouble with her dad or get himself in some trouble.

Shaking his head and laughing softly, "I don't think you're any of that Leanne. Heck, I probably would have done the same thing if I was in your place." He started and took a drink of his soda. "I'm guessing your father got upset when you told him what happened? You did tell him correct?" Cole asked. He was surprising himself by talking to her. He never was this social with anyone unless it was one of his work buddies. It felt nice to talk with someone else who wasn't his work buddy or parent. "You didn't interrupt me at all, so dont even worry about it." Cole assured.

"Sorry for asking so many question though." He commented. "You obviously have things to do and I shouldn't keep you from doing what you need to do." Cole noted softly as he glanced out the window at her father then looked back at her. "I enjoyed talking to you though, and I honestly mean that." He said with a nod of his head and a friendly smile.