Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperial View Post
I always feel like I'm intruding in those hangout threads... trying to find stuff to post about without being off-topic is hard. ;_;
I get the same feeling... but, then, I find these threads about being lurkers....

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
Well that's the point, there is no topic to be off of XD. Most of the time.
But they're having conversations, and I don't like intruding on conversations that have been going on for a while. I'm just a shy person I guess. I hate trying to be random, I like being topical, and I don't like to feel like I'm interrupting some ongoing conversation. ;_; I'm just... shy!

Tokyo Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 AM

Shrimp_Man: I agree, very good for my first event. Though, I wish that I would have found Mene a lot sooner than just about a week ago. I feel like I've missed so much which kind of makes things a little harder.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Shrimp_Man Send a message via Yahoo to Shrimp_Man

Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryfox View Post
I guess I was lucky to drop back in before the event was over...Normally not much of a poster mayhap this even will change that....
Yeah tell me about it. I'd hate to have to buy the event items after it's over, especially since I've been gone lately. And if nothing, this event will get your post count up.

@Emperial: Thanks! I'm actually paring it down right now so I can see what event commons I think would look good with it.

@Wish: You obviously have more courage than I do. xD

@CK: No, I'm not always a lurker, it's just that I haven't been on Mene lately. But I like to think it's also distinctive. xD Especially since it's my username here and on Gaia.

@Legos: Lurkers know where it's at! >.> <.< >.> Except for of course events like this where you have to post. xD

Legos on the floor
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 AM

Aww, Poet edited his text. I was gonna see if I could read it without my glasses.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:38 AM

Don't worry, Tokyo, I've been off Mene for a while so I've missed a lot, too... like all the lovely games they've added and stuff. And it's always tough to be new, but this is actually a really good time to be new, what with the tokens and half price items! ^^ You'll be able to get some cool stuff easily. :)

wish

Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 AM

No no, i go into a thread and announce "WISH IS HERE!!" O___O!! And then i get ignored. LMFAO. :: rolls on the floor :: ;___;

Tokyo Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Along with what you're saying, Emperial, I really dislike jumping in on someone else's conversation. I feel like I'm a bit out of place and I really might not know what's going on. So, I really don't want to randomly jump into a conversation. It's a bit uncomfortable, I'm also a bit shy as well.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

@Shrimp: Ha, I've been spending my tokens like mad and so far I don't think any of the commons I've bought work with my avatar. Oh well! Might be time to design something new, this avatar is really old and dated compared to the possibilities on Mene nowadays.

euricy
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to euricy Send a message via MSN to euricy Send a message via Yahoo to euricy

Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 AM

I really think that this may be good in getting some of the lurkers out of hiding. Until I got into a RP thread I was a total lurker and got my gold from playing games. But that's changing, although I am a bit ticked that there isn't a way to check your old posts or see what threads you've posted in that have replies. Sometimes I post in a thread and then not follow up because I don't know how. It kinda sicks.

Mac
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Panda View Post
Shrimp_Man: I agree, very good for my first event. Though, I wish that I would have found Mene a lot sooner than just about a week ago. I feel like I've missed so much which kind of makes things a little harder.
Yeah I feel the same way... But look at it this way... In a year or so people are still gonna be joining and you'll be a veteran... Hehe... Mene is only a baby compared to like Gaia... So be glad you joined when you did...

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
The only thing they can validly complain about is that they didn't have time to make enough posts to earn the set. Which is actually, in my humble opinion, not really the issue. It would take just as much time to make twelve posts to earn three stars to get the first item as it would take to lurk and refresh for Orchids. Maybe even less time!

Granted, you can't spam but it can't be very difficult to find twelve threads where you can say something short and to the point if you're in a rush.

If you have an hour to spend on Menewsha a day during the event, surely you can make a double-handful of posts during that hour - and that should be able to get you the entire set. XD
Yeah. Exactly. People will always find something to complain about. But hopefully it won't be like last time and the events before that where people CONSTANTLY kept saying that their luck sucked and they didn't get enough of everything.

Honestly, I never had a problem with the old way either. I mean, it was just as easy to get the items. But, I like both of the ways these events have been. They're all a blast and I enjoy them thouroughly ^^

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 AM

I won't ignore you, wish! I completely love your avatar. Seeing you and Shrimp and some of the other avatars in this thread... I realize I seriously need an updated look!

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 AM

And I have to say, I have browsed through dozens of threads and just.. I'm not the kind of person who can rando-blitz threads. It makes me feel anxious. ;_; So, CK, I think you're wrong in that, because it's very hard for some of us.

I do think it's really great that the event isn't random! If you work hard you'll have a chance to get everything. :3

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Panda View Post
Don't I know the feeling. I felt like that when I started last year, and I think it will continue for anyone that comes after. But be glad that you came when you did. Then you'll be able to get the event items now for fee without having to buy them for gold.

@Emperial: I usually try and keep only the commons that I am wearing at the time, usually because I tend to sell back the other commons when I'm low on gold. But without a sellback store at the moment, I should be able to keep the commons that I buy now. xD

@Wish: Hehehe, I should do that with some of them. Just run in and announce that Shrimpie is here and see who responds. xD

@euricy: I'm actually more of a lurker now than I was when the rp I was involved in was active. I don't think anyone has posted in it in a couple months. I'm sad too, it was pretty cool. xD

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 AM

I never sell -anything-, so... XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 AM

Yeah I hate when nobody responds :(.

Tokyo Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 AM

Mac: Yeah, I started Gaia in '04 and I've come really far since then. So I guess, starting over on a new site is a good thing for me. But I like that fact that Mene is a lot more calm than Gaia. It's one of the things that makes it much easier to understand.

wish

Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 AM

O__O i just took a stupid test at stupidtester.com.

GO TRY.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperial View Post
I never sell -anything-, so... XD
As a way to stop myself from selling things, I believe I sent most of my items over to my mule. But seeing as my computer is being slow right now, I can't really see the items. xD

@poet's playground: Yeah, nobody responding really sucks!

@wish: Right now, it's enough for my computer to be running the two windows I am right now. Especially since I think I need a new battery or cord for my laptop.

Zombie Cheesecake
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Zombie Cheesecake

Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 AM

I fail at lurking o3o So it's good for me xD I can post all I like, and talk to people and get rewarded for it ^_^

kerryfox
Nyo!

So that would answer a big question for me....There is no you posted in such and such a thread thing here?

That is what will do me in XP I have a memory of a gold fish for replies to stuff unless I got some thing like that.

Tokyo Panda
(-.-)zzZ

Shrimp: I suppose you're right. :] It's much easier than having to save up so much gold for them. But I'm sure it'll take a lot of work to get my avatar looking good. ^^;;

Emperial
Unknown Empress

I can't get my green harem sleeves to unequip. XD;;; New look fail!

Mac
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-05-2008, 03:56 AM

@Emperial- LULZ! I like the look!!