MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-10-2008, 05:59 PM

Aw, thank you~ If I disappear during the deadline, this will be my submission... even if most of the light color on the skirt is hidden D8;

I have so much HW << I complain about that a lot.

Oh, I just got my glasses this morning and I must say the new colors of the world are fantastic. Let's see what my school looks like with these~

Well, I must be off. Gotta catch the bus, go to school, and buy me a somewhat expensive sketchbook~ (and finish my HW in the library LOL. PROCRASTINATION IS BAD.)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM

How's my recoloring?

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 PM

@ Cherry - The recoloring is good, but the avie itself seems kind of bright with those shades of blue and green against the yellow.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM

Bright in a bad way?
The colors are supposed to be fairly related in saturation and shade, since it's a tie dye theme, so most things would be pretty even.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Yeah, it is a bit hard on the eyes in my opinion.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM

*leeching off a school computer* It's hard for me to tell right now because of the tint in my new glasses (yay, I'm a cool nerd now!). I was just outdoors and so the colors could be different. I think that the dark blue color stands out in a kind of obtrusive way though. I find it extremely distracting, since only small pieces are blue, but they also stand out the most to me...

gah. I've decided to submit my current coloring, since.. I definitely won't have time in the next few days. Mistakes or not, I'm liking it...

Hina
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned

Old 09-10-2008, 11:47 PM

oh. but can it be used as blue though?
XD;
I finished up my final entry and it used teal as blue. >,>';

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-11-2008, 02:37 AM

Really? I thought the dark blue added a nice contrast.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 AM

The contrast IS cool, but I find my eye drawn to the outside of the avi, and not so much to the actual .. "body"?

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 09-11-2008, 05:48 AM

Isn't Photoshopping a bit like cheating?
._.;

I mean, I don't have photoshop, so I have to go with what's given. >_________<;;

And there are 1-2 items I'd love to change the colors on.

EDIT:
I know this is allowed, but like...would we be docked points simply because we don't have photoshop?
._.;

Last edited by Winter Wind; 09-11-2008 at 05:50 AM..

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 09-11-2008, 06:01 AM

I can't imagine so Winter, though I'm really not for recoloring or changing the pixels. The reason I allowed photoshop/paint was simply for adding more layers [clothes in their right places mind you]. Recolors are nice, but for me, it may as well be a pixeling challenge if that was the case.

Winter Wind

Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 AM

Here's my entry! ^^

It's based off of my own avi that won in Admin's pick. [ref]

I added some new stuff, like the icecream.
I thought it added to the sweetness of what looks like a starburst candy avi.

Thenn, I added the petals, and changed the hair, because it almost looks as though the light pink petals were blowing in my hair. ;D

I swapped my chain pink belt for the plain one, because the chain was just for my taste, and the plain is more match-y.

Also, I decided to stick with the almost-matching clam diggers, because they cover up the white border on the socks.
x'D
And they're more stylish than regular lame stockings. xD

Lastlyy, I added the chicky and took out the hat, because the hat was wayyy too light as compared to the rest of the pinks.

T'anks very much! <3

EDIT:

Donna: Ohhh, that's what I was a bit worried about.
I can't pixel to save my life.
Dx

But what gets to me is the fact that the ITEM COLORS are changed.
It's all good if it was the hair, I mean...some shades JUST aren't right.
My point is, I thought the purpose was to make a creative and matching avi using what we have.
Changing colors so that a certain item matches is just...-makes face-.

The rule should be stated more clearly: "Photoshopping is allowed strictly for layering purposes, you may not change the color of the item."

God only knows how much I'd loveeee to edit some shades. @__@

NOTE:
No, I'm not hating on anyone who's changed colors.
I'm just stating my opinion. :]

Last edited by Winter Wind; 09-11-2008 at 06:37 AM..

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Cute. I definitely think the petals blowing around the avatar help with the mixture part in the tie-dye theme.

Well, I'm not sure Seiki's against it and the thread is his to do with as he pleases, so if he wants to change things up a bit, I don't mind. I have the same opinion as you, and I like seeing people work with what they have, though I can't do anything about it but watch and see what the contestants decide to come up with. I may be impressed either way I think, since I appreciate creativity, but I admire someone who can make something beautiful with the same options we all have.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 AM

Um, I have another question... Does the hair have to be the same color as the theme?

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Nope, you can probably make the hair any color, though it helps that it matches or is a neutral color. Probably.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 AM

Well, I like how the color of the hair stands out, it makes the outfit pop out a little.

If the hair color doesn't have to match the theme, then this is my entry.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 PM

@ Cricket - I like it, though some yellow at the feet would help blend it more. Maybe some yellow shoes?

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 09-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I can't imagine so Winter, though I'm really not for recoloring or changing the pixels. The reason I allowed photoshop/paint was simply for adding more layers [clothes in their right places mind you]. Recolors are nice, but for me, it may as well be a pixeling challenge if that was the case.

Precisely XD; I personally dislike the changing of the colors of the hair/lips etc (although it does look neat) it just gives people an unfair advantage @_@ and it just doesn't seem to me what a mene fashion contest is all about o: its TO ME about using what is available to you already and making it look totally awesome <3

@Windy, wewt swishy hair XD;

@Insane o_o, Hmm i'm not sure because there were only certain colors allowed for each group and white/black were the two accents that were supposed to be used minimally >> to me it just doesnt look right nor TO ME does it seem to follow the rules XD;

Then again like Donna said, its all Seiki's choice in the end what to allow/not allow etc @_@ <3 don't hate me

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Hair colors should go with the color options of the theme.

I'll address the photoshop thing next round.

Everyone has roughly 36 hours from this post to send in their entries!

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Teehe, I already entered mine~!
*dances*

And the purple hair does pop, but not in a great way....

Winter Wind

Old 09-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Cricket View Post
Well, I like how the color of the hair stands out, it makes the outfit pop out a little.

If the hair color doesn't have to match the theme, then this is my entry.
I personally think the hair is wayy too light.

Your clothes are bold and basic, so the hair should match the solid-color theme, right now it looks kinda wispy.
x'D <3

But it's a good concept. :]

And t'anks to everyone! <3

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-13-2008, 03:21 AM

Alright. I didn't think I'd get my computer to work. And when I did, it turns out I had to completely remake the one I finished last night.

I'm stuck in safe mode, by the way. But... I MADE IT!!!

Can you tell all the crap I recolored? @.@ I'mma go snooze in the corner until next round, if I even manage to survive this one, lol.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-13-2008, 03:30 AM

Nice hat recolor. It should come in those colors! xD

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 AM

Thank you! That's what took the longest recoloring, actually. If Menewsha would use different colors for the hats, I'd be more than willing to recolor them to match certain sets etc. Hell, I'd be willing to recolor all of the sashes for Menewsha too. I'm having way too much fun recoloring things. <3

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-13-2008, 07:13 AM

Damn. Too much stuff going on this week and I completely forgot about here. o.o;;

Well, i'm out then.