drakokatze
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 AM

this happens to me all the time!!!! And you are reading it and next you look at the clock and it's 5am and you work in an hour XD

Eimi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Eimi

Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM

yes i have many times..the one that stands out the most in my mind would be the "The Sword, Ring, Chalice" trilogy..i could not stop reading it and would sometimes be up till 4am reading..pretty much till i past out..

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-18-2007, 10:38 PM

Only has happened to me twice. First with Twilight and then with New Moon. Haha.

raine dragon
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to raine dragon

Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 AM

Ella Enchanted got me, so did timeline. Quite literally. I started timeline in the evening and read until 4:00 AM o.o;

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 07-19-2007, 04:29 AM

This will totally be me on Saturday with Harry Potter. :']

Arid
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 AM

only with halo books i cant stand sitting still

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM

Honestly? I believe if I hadn't had other things to do at the time I reckon Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix would've been one of those books.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:48 PM

I've done that before, but I can't remember which book it was. A lot of my co-workers tease me when I get a new book though because I tend to prefer reading it to actually working. I also tend to seclude myself on my lunch hour and just read...and maybe eat if I remember to pack some food that can be eaten with one hand. ^^;

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 PM

Battle Royale.
Could NOT put it down. It literally slept with me because I would read it till I couldn't keep up. When I was in school I got in trouble a few times cause I was reading it instead of paying attention.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Fool Romance
Battle Royale.
Could NOT put it down. It literally slept with me because I would read it till I couldn't keep up. When I was in school I got in trouble a few times cause I was reading it instead of paying attention.
Really? Honestly I kinda struggled to read that one through. I think it took me about 4 months of reading off and on just to finish it. ^^;;

Bellazure
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-30-2007, 09:02 PM

I did that with Ella Enchanted too!
It's like the best book ever.
And I'm like that with Harry Potter books too

KyttieKat
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Oh yea, I have read through many books in one sitting. The best books are always the ones you can't put down. The first 4 Harry Potter books were that way for me but I'm only halfway through the 5th one and I just can't get into it. I don't think I have touched it in over a year.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to iGeek Send a message via MSN to iGeek

Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM

• Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Castle in the Air, despite being a whole lot less enchanting and a bit disappointing, was also a one-day read for me. One of the Harry Potter books, I think, was hard to put down, and several others.

Scott Westerfeld's Uglies trilogy was good once you started getting further into the plot. >3<

eternal_black_kiss
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2007, 11:02 PM

I used to read at night under the night light. I was so scared my parents would walk in because they disapprove of me reading too much. I did that with Narnia, the Harry Potter books, Inkheart, Ella Enchanted and a lot more. My eyesight used to be pretty good but now it's really not perfect lol.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_black_kiss
I used to read at night under the night light. I was so scared my parents would walk in because they disapprove of me reading too much. I did that with Narnia, the Harry Potter books, Inkheart, Ella Enchanted and a lot more. My eyesight used to be pretty good but now it's really not perfect lol.
Me, too. I'm legally blind at this point-- part of which I'm sure is due to late night reading by moonlight/flashlight. lol

Nessie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 AM

When i was at my boyfriends house some years back (oh god it this was like.. 6 years ago?) he had HP + The Sorceror's Stone and he said he read it i think, and that i could borrow it. I started it and didnt put it down til I was completely done. Pretty much just did the same with The Deathly Hallows, i finally grabbed the book yesterdy and already finished earlier. XD

Also used to do the same with The Vampire Chronicles books. Hmm.. what else. There are a couple books i have that i cant seem to read THROUGH though. its really weird. I pick them up sometimes and read more.. and put them down for ages til i remember them again. XD oops.

Kitmew
Pirate

Old 08-12-2007, 04:45 PM

x Same thing happened to me about Ella Enchated!~ (I was absolutely enchanted, I read it without stopping. I read it again and again until my eyes started hurting, to be truthful. xD Fairest is the best, all the fantasy mixed in with luff and all stuffies...I was waiting for it after I read Ella Enchanted, and the The Two Princesses of Bamorre. (Or Baromorre? Sorry, can't remember the name! ><) Levine is my favorite all time fantasy author currently, along with J.K. Rowling.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 08-12-2007, 05:50 PM

It's happened with every Harry Potter book I read.

It happened with two books I read for summer reading called The Chosen by Chaim Potok and Night by Elie Wiesel.

It's also happened with a favorite author of mine, Holly Black. She writes faerie/fantasy type novels, and I'm always so intrigued by her style. I've read all of her books the day they came out in one sitting every time. Just totally amazing.

Then I read them again over and over just like that. XD

It's a great way to pass time and spend the day -- curled up on a rainy cold dreary day reading a book. I love escaping to that. <3

Caghyre
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caghyre Send a message via Yahoo to Caghyre

Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 PM

This happens with almost every single book I read xD
There have only been very few that took me longer than 2-3 days to read, and that's only because they weren't really my type of book, usually something my teachers forced me to read.
I read all of the Harry Potter books in about 2 days each. Same thing with the Georgia Nicholson books ["Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging" is the first in the series]
There was this other book I read really quickly as well, I can't remember what it was called though. And if someone happens to know, please tell me =] It's about a girl who's family owns a restaurant and the cook gets killed by a vampire. Her best friend is a were wolf who has to go away with his were wolf pack. She ends up getting bit by the Vampire who replaces the dead cook and turns into a vampire herself. Then they find out the Vampire cook was using the restaurant to plant in a recipe that turned anyone who ate it into a Vampire as well. Sounds weird, but it really was a great book =] And, again, if you know the name and author please do tell xD

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 AM

Oh, god. D: That happens with just about every book I read. The latest was New Moon. I had put off reading it forever, and finally gave in today. Took me all of today, but I did it. x3 Read it all in one day. I can't wait for tomorrow, because I've got Eclipse... x.x

The list of all the books that have caught me and never let me go is way too long to post. But then again, I'm a super-fast reader, and a total book nerd... xD

Gamersdreams
*^_^*

Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM

When I read 'Twilight' and 'Bras and Broomsticks' I couldn't put the book down. And when I wasn't reading it, it felt weird. Same with Harry Potter.

Hoshi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hoshi

Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 AM

Vampire Kisses.

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 AM

that happens all the time to me. i guess i would much rather have it that way. i hate reading books that i just can't get into. i mean i feel bad cause i love to read and most of the time a book will catch my attention and hold it till i have finished it completely in like a day but when i get books that i know i should be able to read quickly and i don't get into them and they take like two weeks to actually finished they i get frustrated. i haven't had many but there have been a few books that i have started reading and couldn't finish. those ones i feel really bad about.

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM

Unless it's a required reading book, homework, or it really is boring... I lke to read manga or a book from cover to cover in one sitting ^ ^

My teachers hate it when I read in class... but I go to the library in the morning before school and during lunch and start on it... ^ ^

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM

xD You have no idea just how many books have done that to me. I've been known to stay up, at the latest, til 6:00 in the morning just to read. If I really put my mind to it, I can finish just about any book I want within a day. Here's quick list of books I loved.

Harry Potter (series)
Pendragon (series)
The Keys to the Kingdom (series)
Cirque du Freak (series)

o_O; Mostly, I like series.