Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-08-2016, 05:18 PM

"Same," Ciara murmured. "He gave me a room, and seemed... disturbed when I told him I'd be fine on the couch." She shifted a bit so she could keep Bucky in her sight the whole time.

Steve did indeed root through the bag, picking things out and setting to work on getting food cooked.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 12-10-2016, 01:42 AM

"That happened to me, too," Arcadia murmured back. "He gave me a room with a bed, and asked my dietary preferences, but seemed angry when I mentioned he was the first to do so. He seems very contradictory to any of my former partners."

Bucky was already at the stove, heating up a heavy cast-iron pan. At the very least, he could cook a mean steak.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-10-2016, 02:15 AM

"Indeed." Ciara's gaze turned rather contemplative. "He's yet to give me any orders," she murmured. "I am... unsure." She scowled a little. She didn't like being confused.

Steve worked on sides for now, letting Bucky handle the steak.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-10-2016, 06:32 PM

"Agreed," Arcadia murmured. "I'm not sure what to think, yet. Perhaps things will clear up soon?"

Bucky glanced over at the two dragons.

"How d'you want 'em cooked?" he asked them. "Any spices?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-10-2016, 07:02 PM

Ciara blinked at being addressed, but she settled herself after a moment.

"I enjoy spices," she agreed. "And warm, but not cooked through."

Steve nodded, looking at Arcadia and quirking an eyebrow at her.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-10-2016, 07:38 PM

Arcadia blinked.

"Savory, but not spicy," she said, after glancing at Steve to make sure it was alright.

Bucky nodded and reached up into the cabinet overhead to grab down some spices.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-10-2016, 08:37 PM

Steve shot her a reassuring smile and nodded, adding a couple more flavors to Bucky's jars that he'd pulled down before he went back to working on side dishes.

Ciara settled again when nothing else was asked of her, content to stand and watch Bucky for a while, trying to figure him out.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-11-2016, 02:41 AM

Arcadia just watched them as well. The two were clearly comfortable with one another, which was good; it meant that Steve was likely worth trusting, if Bucky trusted him and was trusted in return. And they weren't asking anything of their dragons, which Arcadia still wasn't sure how to handle. She was certain the requests and orders would start coming soon.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-11-2016, 04:19 PM

Ciara's thoughts ran on a similar level, although she was definitely watching Bucky more.

Once food was almost ready, Steve set out plates and utensils for everyone, glancing over at the two dragons. "You can settle in if you want."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-14-2016, 01:11 AM

Arcadia nodded, but made no move to take a plate yet. She was so used to getting food after her partner that it didn't occur to her that he might let her go first.

Bucky glanced at Ciara.

"Help yourself," he said, nodding to the plates.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-14-2016, 01:32 AM

Steve noticed her hesitation and swallowed. "Go ahead and get some food," he told her. "We've got plenty."

Ciara nodded and, after a moment, moved to pick up a plate and get herself some food. She kept her portion restrained for now, going to settle at the table and watching Bucky.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-14-2016, 02:09 AM

Arcadia studied him for a moment. She'd heard of his enhanced physiology, and she knew he needed far more sustenance than the average person.

"Alright," she acquiesced quietly. "So long as you take what you need as well."

Bucky noticed that Ciara's portion was small, and made sure to leave some for her when he took his own, so she could have more if she wanted. He'd made sure to make enough to feed everyone; he knew how much he and Steve tended to eat, after all, and dragons must need a lot, too. So he knew there was plenty.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-14-2016, 02:37 AM

Steve nodded. "I will," he agreed, smiling a little. "We're in no danger of running out of food."

Ciara ate quietly and with surprisingly impeccable table manners. One of her previous partners had insisted, and spent a few weeks training them into her.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-14-2016, 02:56 AM

Arcadia accepted that with a nod, and took a single portion of food. She would take more once she saw how much was left to go around after Steve took his.

Bucky raised an eyebrow a bit at that, but didn't comment. Hey, he might not have perfect manners, but he knew them when he saw them.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 AM

Steve got his food and settled in as well, starting to eat quietly. He would make sure she got a bit more food, but that was a good start, at least.

Ciara looked right back at him and quirked an eyebrow, almost daring him to ask.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-14-2016, 09:41 PM

Arcadia ate hers quietly as well, not drawing attention to herself. She set her fork and knife down gently once she finished and waited for Steve to be done as well.

Bucky caught the look and shrugged. Hey, not his business to comment on anyone's manners.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-15-2016, 12:01 AM

Steve got himself a second portion and, while he was up, got some more for her too. He set the extra pieces on her plate, giving her a quick smile.

Ciara held his gaze for a moment longer before giving her own little shrug, effectively dismissing his look, and refocused on her food instead.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 12-18-2016, 06:47 PM

That surprised her. Arcadia wasn't used to being taken care of like that.

"Thank you," she murmured. She waited until he had started on his own before she picked up the new pieces to eat.

Bucky saw how fast Ciara was going through her food.

"There's more, if you still want some," he said to her. "We made plenty."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 12-20-2016, 05:07 PM

Steve smiled a little and nodded to show he'd heard before he went back to his own meal.

At least she didn't scowl at him like Bucky still sometimes did.

Ciara considered that for a moment before she nodded and took a little more food. There, that was good enough for now. She did, however, make sure there was still food for him if he wanted more.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-17-2017, 01:47 AM

Arcadia didn't go back for any more once she finished what was on her plate. She just set it down carefully and waited to see what Steve would do.

Bucky did go back for a bit of a third helping, though he glanced at Ciara to make sure she was all set first.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-17-2017, 02:20 AM

Steve got a bit more food, though he made sure there was still some food leftover. He glanced at Arcadia questioningly.

Ciara ate slowly, taking her time. She did put her utensils down gently once she was done.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 PM

Arcadia hesitated, and then shook her head. She was fine, for the moment, and didn't need any more. What she wanted was to ask what he would require of her, now that they were partnered, but she felt that it wouldn't be prudent to ask while the other pair was there.

"Good?" Bucky murmured to Ciara when she set her utensils down.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-18-2017, 02:10 AM

Steve nodded and finished up his own food before he stood and started gathering up empty plates and such to take in to wash.

Ciara nodded. "Yes, I'm done," she agreed quietly. She glanced at him and quirked an eyebrow. Part of her duty, at least normally, was to make sure her human partner was well, since they were more fragile than dragons were.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Bucky nodded and took her plate.

About a week later, once the two dragons were more or less settled with their new partners, it was time to take them to the tower to meet everyone else. Arcadia stayed close to Steve as they went, keeping an eye on their surroundings.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM

Ciara was staying close to Bucky, her wings mantled and her eyes narrowed.

Steve was leading the little group, and he went in the side entrance where they weren't bothered. The elevator was already waiting for them, and he smiled a bit.