Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-05-2017, 01:20 PM

I wanted strawberry blonde hair when I was a kid. It always looks cool to me.

I like I.O.I's music but I never watched produce 101. I'll look at that after work.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-10-2017, 07:05 AM

I've never watched Produce 101 either but I'm scared... I don't want to fall for biases only to watch them get eliminated they're all SO GOOD. I don't even know how the process of elimination actually works and I don't want to know because it's not likely I'll agree with it.

I might watch cuts though, if I can find them, of Nu'est's Ren on the show. It really rankles that he's from a senior group and is still forced to participate on the show to promote, competing with rookies and trainees. They haven't worked so hard for five years only for members to be sent to compete with rookies and trainees. But I do want to watch him since he's my Nu'est bias and right now he needs all possible support

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 05-10-2017 at 07:07 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2017, 01:02 PM

yeah, elimination shows are painful like that, but the most successful music shows also go by that principle.

I haven't followed Nu'est in a while. I watched them a lot of the shows when they debuted but they've lost a lot of their fan group and their musical uniqueness. They haven't done anything like their original genre since their first two songs. Baekho is my bias though.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Oh, I didn't know that applied to music shows as well

Yeah, they're not 'newly' established style and tempo anymore I remember 'Face' was a pretty unique concept for Kpop.

I guess since a lot of Kpop is similar to each other and I like it regardless, I like them too, even though they were supposed to have been different.
If I go in without expecting them to get creative, I like their songs as much as any formulaic group. I liked 'GoodBye Bye' a lot for example.

I just don't think they deserve to lose their fanbase :/ although it's understandable that after they change concepts into something more generic the fans that enjoyed them before may not anymore, I also think other groups who change concept or image often don't suffer similarly. I think it's also to do with Pledis sending them overseas and not promoting them much in Korea for a long while. (And I like to blame that the most because heh me )

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2017, 11:29 PM

Of elimination and loving people who get eliminated? That's always how it is like American idol and all.

Face is still my favorite song of theirs and I would like to hear them sing it again as a more mature group because it does sound like their debut song, but it's good. I was following them as their style changed and I liked plenty of their other music, but it saddens me that they never did anything even a little dubstep inspired after Action. At least not that I know of. Goodbye bye is actually my least favorite song of theirs. I liked Hello Hello and Sleep talking though. Overcome is their most recent? That one isn't bad. But people stopped talking about them and they didn't show up recced on youtube so I eventually drifted away.

They don't deserve it, but also, I think that's just what happens with most groups after years if they didn't garner large attention from the start and never falter. I feel like that with B.A.P because they used to be big but their video views blow my mind. Even when they brought back real strong sound in their original style with Skydive after being kinda odd for a while, not that many people seemed to be onboard. And yet, their most recent music is their best yet.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-21-2017, 01:16 PM

I see :o I didn't know about BAP's popularity diminishing! That's sad. They do things differently and I think they rock it.

History disbanded at least they retained their individual contracts though, so I'm going to miss Kyungil (2nd bias in the whole of Kpop after my ultimate, Kevin Woo, who left Kpop for good not long ago FML) since he's going to be off giving mandatory service to the army but I really hope he launches a solo career after he comes back

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-21-2017, 02:09 PM

Yeah, they struggle to get a couple million views on their videos now but they used to get 10-20k in the past. I don't really get it since they've continued to make the same music, but better.

I heard that they disbanded. It's too bad since I liked their music, but I never followed History that closely. Seems like a lot of groups are breaking up lately though. I just hope my top biases are all safe.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-27-2017, 03:43 PM

I really think a lot of groups have been disbanding in the last five years or so. Maybe the period is even narrower. But it's been pretty concentrated in very recent years.

It's sad about BAP, it seems they just keep struggling, I heard their leader was struggling with health and returned recently. I like their recent music better too.

B.I.G released a performance MV! It's a title track but won't be having an MV other than the performance one apparently.

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 05-27-2017 at 03:50 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2017, 06:41 PM

Yeah. A lot of them are older groups and there's like Beast losing members and becoming Highlight. I hope not all the groups I joined kpop with fall apart within the next year. I'll be sad.

I hadn't heard much about Yongguk but I saw people commenting on some of the videos and figured something had been up. His raps seem really raw and emotional too.

I've never listened to B.I.G before but I do like this song. *bookmarks for later* I wonder why they called it a performance video though if it's the main one.

btw, we still going to start a kpop rp?

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-19-2017, 12:43 PM

A loooot has happened x.x aunt and uncle coming home to help my maternal grandparents move here, paternal grandfather admitted to the ICU (he's back now though), and assignments, and my one of my closest friends moving to college...

Yes we are totally doing the Kpop RP just let me get my act together sorry...

Btw are you on any other avi sites? (Also I have a feeling I asked you this before )

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2017, 02:03 PM

Sounds like your busy busy busy as usual. Everything going alright though?

Cool cool. I think we were basically done discussing it so I'd love to start it soon.

Ah, who knows if you asked before. I'm on quite a few sites though usually just for avis and maybe rping. Recolor.me and kofk is pretty much the only 2 I make posts on anymore.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-19-2017, 03:09 PM

In some ways, it's better than usual. Because I'm at home, the whole IBS sickness situation is less affecting, and if I'm too tired to do something since my schedule is up to me I can switch it up and do something else. Holidays are ending though... but I do love college, I just wish I was more capable and better equipped to live the college life haha.

Ok, thank god I asked! Because I'm not going to be able to come on Mene much anymore, what with WiFi blocks and also a weird sense of not belonging, and Recolor and KofK are both places I'm active on (the only other site is Trisphee). So I was like, I hope we can start the Kpop roleplay on another site we both frequent. Which would you prefer it to be? Of course, Midnight Moths is gonna stay here, but if you'd rather we did the kpop RP and future RPs here too, I can roll with it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2017, 03:49 PM

Ah yeah, that makes sense. At least you got some break time to be at home. I'm sure it helps a lot.

I remember you mentioning the wifi blocks before which is just so silly. It might work best to do the kpop rp elsewhere then. If that's gonna make it easier. I don't use either site for anything but rps, so whichever you'd prefer is fine for me. It wouldn't really make a difference to me.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM

It'll definitely make it easier, and give me peace of mind to know that it's a site I'll always have access to. Kofk it is, then :3

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 07-20-2017 at 09:47 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM

Cool. I'm blackbriar on kofk. What's your username there? I'll friend you and we can finish setting up the kpop rp.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-20-2017, 04:15 PM

I'm Ambarsariya! Hehe I can't believe I sent you a PM there saying I liked reading along to your RP and would like to write with you someday not knowing that I was already writing with you omg x3 Sent you a friend request!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 05:14 PM

DX That was you??! Small smallllll world....
I'm kinda amused that happened.

Just kinda looking back over the conversation we had before, I know we decided to do a five member group from a brand new company and the story would start not long before the debut. Some members had been training together for a while and probably one character from each of us joined at the part we would start the story. I think we were going to do a filming of the debut type thing too?
We were just discussing the profiles, so other than that, I think we were ready to go.