Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 AM

A thread for Apicula: Rum Ham: and I to discuss our rp shenanigans.
You guys still down for this?
(I hope I pinged you guys correctly.)

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-26-2017, 07:24 AM

Congrats on the proper pinging, Consarn!

I'm still excited about doing this rp with you guys, I'm just Super Rusty so it might take me some time to get back into the swing of things. Also it's past midnight and I'm trying to be a Responsible Adult by going to bed at a kind of reasonable hour. Even if I don't work until 11 tomorrow... consistency and all that jazz.

My only question with starting this is would we each claim two characters or only stick to one per person?

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2017, 07:29 AM

Well personally I liked the idea of the chess metaphor.
So if we played a character that represented a piece from chess that'd be six characters total: king, queen, knight, rook, bishop, pawn.
Each of us could take two pieces.
But I also liked the Cule game metaphor.
Damn.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-26-2017, 07:38 AM

Yeah I was thinking about that today and why don't we... crazy idea... combine them? Eh? Eh? You like that?

Is it just me?

Bueller?

I was trying to match up the "personalities" of the classic Clue characters with the chess pieces... if that makes sense. After a lot of internal debate and consideration I think I nailed it down pretty well: King would be Mr Green, Queen would be Miss Scarlet, Knight would be Colonel Mustard, Rook would be Miss Peacock, Bishop would be Professor Plum, and the Pawn would be Mrs White. I did us all the favor of not going anywhere near the other characters that graced the series... for there were many. So, so many. I feel like this way we'd have a pretty solid cast of differing personalities. Also it may or may not be a call back to my Gaia days where a lot of character roles were just "THE PRINCESS" "THE REBEL" and everyone kind of had a general idea of what that character was going to be about, even if you had the freedom to play with the tropes associated with that label (although let's be real, no one was really into trope subversion on Gaia).

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 AM

Honestly? I had no idea there was more than just the classic six Clue characters.
But I like that idea.
Way to think outside the box, Ap.
(I tried to go for a nickname based off your username and for some reason it just feels wrong, but I'm still keeping it there because reasons.)

I never really spent much time on gaia, let alone the rp forum.
But I get what you mean.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 AM

Just stick with Apicula, my dude. Any short form I could possibly think of just sounds dumb.

And yeah, Clue's lore is far deeper and richer than anyone could have guessed. I just so happened to be obsessed with the books when I was younger and I've just always loved the noir vibe of the game itself, even before I knew what film noir was. What can I say? I just love me some detective stories.

Well if you guys are down I am officially calling dibs on Plum/Bishop and Peacock/Rook.

And I am also officially going to bed. Because it is now almost 1am and I fail at adulting.

Rum Ham
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Nice twinning you guys. I need to get on that Halloween game but I have no items. Time to get creative. *throws confetti*

I'm also liking what I see in this thread. (and Apicula I totally get what you mean by all that gaia stuff. That shit was everywhere.)

If we're doing this clue/chess hybrid business (which I'm personally for so Consarn is officially outvoted ha) I'm totes calling red queen and white pawn.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-30-2017, 04:45 AM

I think I've got my two characters fairly well locked in. I'm probably gonna cheat a little and have the two of them be roommates. Also I just think that the two of them would have good roommate chemistry, so... it all works out in the end.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-31-2017, 04:47 AM

I'm basically done with my characters and Ready To Go. You guys are gonna love my girls Kima Saylor and Darcy Cardew.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2017, 04:50 AM

I'm good with the Green King and Yellow Knight.
And dang Apicula. You are totally beating us at the game here.
I should be able to come up with something fast though.
If you wanted to you could totally just start the RP thread for us.
That is... if you already have an idea for your first post.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 AM

Yeah I think I could whip up an intro post for my girls. I was already thinking about the first things they'd be doing anyways, so I'm already in that mindset. I should warn you though, if I go through with what i'm thinking of at the moment it's gonna be a lonnnng post. So I could just post it all in one go, or I could wait for you guys and break it up.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 AM

I'd say break it up.
Wouldn't that get you more gold?
Also give us a chance to catch up lol.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-31-2017, 05:04 AM

I mean yeah, you're right. Gosh it's been so long since I've RP'd, I need to get back into The Zone.

Rum Ham
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 AM

Yay we're all on at the same time!! An All-Hollow's-Eve Miracle!

I think I've got at least one of my characters on lock down atm. So at least I'm making progress.

---------- Post added 10-30-2017 at 10:10 PM ----------

Also what the hell Apicula those names are sick.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 10-31-2017, 05:16 AM

Truly we are blessed on this most haunted holiday. Also thank you! They're both kind of a mashup of "Names I've wanted to use since 5ever" and "The meanings are cool so idk why not?"

Rum Ham
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2017, 05:18 AM

Those are the only way to pick names tbh. Gotta do what you can when coming up with a good name for a character is like finding a straw of hay in a needle stack.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2017, 05:21 AM

I've got to agree with Ham.
Mixed metaphors aside.