Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-22-2016, 04:40 PM

I see. Quite a few I haven't seen then. The breakfast club is great though. Are those mostly old movies?

I suppose. Going out all the time would be expensive. I know my friend has had stomach trouble since high school and she ate in the cafeteria through college. Some days it was bad and she couldn't manage it, but most of the time it was fine.

Yeah. I didn't end up getting a career in the field of my major so it's best to enjoy the process, but not totally disregard the end game.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM

Heathers is old, yeah, but 10 Things I Hate About You not so much. I'd recommend both <3
As for the French films, both are good but Au Revoir Les Enfants I didn't enjoy as much. I don't like brats >.>
Out of all the movies I liked Potana the least. If you ever decide to see an old Telugu film, Mayabazar is a fun one.

Yes, I wouldn't be able to afford it even if I had subway subs everyday. I think I should be fine too (as in, not worse than I am now). The diet I require to actually get better, of mostly raws, isn't one I've been able to get even at home. I doubt I'll be able to eat like that until someday I'm living alone.

I think if I chose a major in order to get a particular job or pay and didn't end up getting that I'd feel much worse than if I study what I'm interested in but don't get a job in my field, plus the only thing I think I'd like to do is a lectureship (and eventually a professorship, though I'm getting way ahead of myself there) so that ties in fine with my major.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM

I'll keep that in mind. My family watches movies from netflix every week. Last thing we watched was Jupiter Ascending though.

yeah, that pretty well sucks, but sometimes that's how it is. Being on your own is the best for looking properly after yourself even if it's a stress in itself.

Being a professor is nice. Too bad you have to be in school for a long time to do it. It's the only level of teaching I think I would be able to stand.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-09-2016, 04:58 AM

Kat Dakuu:Netflix only recently became available in my country, but with a more limited catalog than in, say, the US. It should have both those English movies- if it's any good
But since I like European and other movies often- Amelie is one of my favourites- Netflix isn't going to be something I'll be subscribing too anytime soon lol.

Yep. In which case I might start working after my degree itself so that I have the financial means to eat what I should. Most of the alumni of the college I'm going to work in the development sector and at grassroots-level. And I'm not averse to ending up somewhere like that. I could work for a year, then study postgrad, and so on. I'm definitely going to work for a while before a Ph.D, anyway.

Yeah, but here everyone studies like heck whatever they're planning to do (if it's a white collar job.) Of course the Ph.D. would be the extra mile I'd be going relative to most peeps. Cost of college isn't a problem here either (only quality is, lol) so I don't mind much. Like I don't see it as my youth going down the drain because I won't compromise on life for school... anymore

Also, are you subscribed to the RP? If so I'll stop pinging you here every time I reply to it (sorry if it was an annoyance)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 06:30 PM

Where do you live? Netflix should have a lot of shows and movies from other countries though. I know they have kdramas and I watched a Chinese movie too.

sounds like a good plan. It's definitely good to work somewhere in there.

Nice. School is pretty expensive here but it wasn't a problem for me.

Yeah I am. I don't need pings but it's fine.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-14-2016, 12:34 PM

India. My cousin who's subscribed from Netflix and lives in the US said it's a lot more limited in India. But it's nice to know it's not just English shows and movies, that's something I just assumed

That's good. I know a lot of people get into debt and stuff. My cousins house had to be mortgaged. What was your major?

Ok cool ^^ I'm on vacation with my family now, at my maternal grandparents' house in Abu Dhabi. It shouldn't be much of a problem to RP because we bought the family laptop along. But my brother does tend to hog it and there's only one plug point to charge it.

But I've RPed on my phone before so I know that if I want to do something I find a way to do it now if this was Solia or someplace where I pretty up my RP posts with pics and a ton of BBcode it would've been impossible. #ReasonsMeneRocks

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 01:10 AM

I only use netflix for movies. We get them mailed rather than watching online like most of my friends. Most of what I know is stuff I hear from my friends who have used netflix much longer than me.

I was an art major with a minor in creative writing.

aw, that's fine. Take your time with it. The rp is super fun though so I look forward to it.
I never saw the point of all that prettiness with rps. It is nice, but it's about the writing for me. I only use color in group rps where it's useful to keep track of everything. Code is exhausting. x.x

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-24-2016, 10:43 AM

Kat Dakuu: I wasn't able to get even one reply up while here, ugh. I'm sorry :[ I'm travelling back today though and should be able to post tomorrow, hopefully. I'm happy you find it fun, I think among my currents it's my favourite :D I love both our characters!
Also, shall I timeskip to when they're in a cafe drinking beer and making the list?

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 05-24-2016 at 10:46 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2016, 03:46 PM

It's really no problem. Welcome back. Our characters really are wonderful, so I'm glad you think so too. But yeah, we can hurry along to the cafe. The list making is gonna be fun.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-26-2016, 08:05 AM

Thank you :)
Yay for first beers :D The list-making is definitely going to be awesome, and then when they go about fulfilling what they can- even funner

Last edited by hanahaki disease; 05-26-2016 at 08:09 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Poor boys make my heart go thump. Go out and live!

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-31-2016, 01:57 PM

Yush

Oh, pretty avi yours

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-31-2016, 02:32 PM

Thanks. Yours is pretty interesting too.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 06-05-2016, 01:03 PM

Meggh, had a depressing couple of days.
Good to come on Mene though after that, and RPing is great as an escape from reality so I'll get to that soon.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Writing really is great like that though.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 06-12-2016, 03:07 PM

Yeah, not only was real life demanding, but I felt utterly demotivated. I feel better after watching serial experiments lain and maybe by the time I'm done with ergo proxy it'll be goodbye, blues?

Congratulations on Admin's Pick! Really cool avi you have going.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2016, 03:23 PM

are those movies?

thanks. I wasn't sure it was the best it could be, but those seem to be the avis of mine that win.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 06-13-2016, 02:51 PM

Nope, they're anime.

It's got this dark fairytale with a touch of ghostly and slipstream vibe.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2016, 03:04 PM

Ah. I don't watch much anime these days.

Perhaps. I don't know what I was trying for.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 06-16-2016, 04:20 AM

Sorry for such a super short post that's nothing but a filler :/ I didn't know what to write, since Finn finished his drink in the previous post itself. Anyway, our boys are going to get moving now, so woot!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2016, 04:24 PM

Ah. I didn't think they were both done them but yeah, moving onwards.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-05-2016, 07:28 AM

I had to get myself a new computer T.T I hate being denied the internet for any length of time, I guess it's just as well though because I need a new one for college anyway, my old one didn't meet the minimum specs.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-05-2016, 10:38 PM

That's not all bad then. I feel tortured every time I'm without a computer even though most of the times it's happened I've had a tablet too that I could at least play some with.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 07-26-2016, 04:41 AM

I'm sorry for being silent so long! I joined a college that's unfortunately very out of the way (three km walk through village and wilderness before coming upon a convenience store and 5 km from an ATM) where we didn't have internet until now. I still don't have internet in my dorm and probably won't for a few weeks, but there's student WiFi in the cafeteria. It's spotty, but usable, and I'm on it right now. I don't want to suspend my online activities any longer and I'll reply to our beautiful roleplay as soon as I can!
Also- *stares at your signature and flails* you're into KPOP so am I!

---------- Post added 07-26-2016 at 10:48 AM ----------

I replied... and it feels great to be writing Finn and Josiah's story again

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2016, 08:06 PM

O.o that sounds like an excessive journey for school. I've always lived in the school dorms, but hey it's an experience and we writers need crazy experiences.

omg, kpop! My life! I didn't know we shared that interest. I've been returning back to that rabbit hole more and more recently. I even just started a kpop based rp on another site. That's when you know you're an ultra fan.

What kpop do you like?