psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM

Kith had no idea where he was. He had the faint impression of racing on the back of some great creature. His hands clutched fur and his the wind whipped at his face when he tried to get a look around. Almost immediately, his eyes began to water. It was no good. He pressed his face back down into the fur. They were going to fast. He had a feeling that even if his eyes hadn't teared from the wind, he would have only been able to see a blur anyways.

There was a wild cry from the beast he was riding. He felt like it ripped through his bones. He almost thought they had because he heard a loud shattering. But instead of feeling the sharp shards cut him from within, he felt them cutting from the outside. Pieces of something were falling from the sky, he deduced. The scratches were minor, but there was an awful lot of them. One had landed next to him. He released the fur for a moment to examine it. Cold. Hard. Melting in his hand. Ice?

Kith wondered where in the world he was. It was high summer in the city, so he was quite sure that there was no chance of hail like this. Besides, what kind of hail sharpened itself into such deadly daggers?

A particularly large chunk of ice landed on Kith's shoulder. He cried out and involuntarily let go of the fur. He slipped off the great beasts side and was presented with the most bizarre sight. He was by the river. Why, there was the bridge that he lived under. But he had never before taken in the scene suspended in midair surrounded by falling ice crystals with his shoulder in roaring pain. It was strangely beautiful, he thought.

Somehow he landed softly on the ground. He had the sensation of being carried like kitten and ice crystals crunched beneath him as he was put down. Nankojiva was standing next to him. The last thing he remembered was hearing the voices of the two masked strangers...

"So I guess Phyre's not the only one who can get through your ice wall..."

"But she's stopped. She shattered it competely, but she's still here..."

"He's injured..."

There were running footsteps coming towards him and he knew no more.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Silver was fairly impressed. The cat had shattered her ice wall. Of course Phyre had melted hers before. But shattered? That was a first. What she wouldn't give to have the cat back in her lab to study it. There were few people in the world who could make good custom BITs. One being herself, her deceased parents... and of coures -him- and a few other scientist of the world. Part of her really hoped that it was one of those few scientists... because if it was made by -him- she would have to destroy it before it became a threat to her.

"Daydream later Silver. You have the first aid kit?" asked Red.

Silver handed him the box. "Well this is quite unexpected. So take him back to the hideout until he can wake up and we can fully explain to him why we're so interested in him?"

"Yes. And not the main one. The street one," said Red as he bandaged the wound. Nankojiva was watching them closedly.

"That's fine. I'm not here to trust him with my idenity. I'm here to understand his BIT and hopefully gain another alley," Silver replied. In front of her, Soyala guarded her master and friends. The nine silver fox tails gleaming under the moonlight. "Let's hurry up and get out of here though," Silver muttered. "I don't want to attract any more attention tonight."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM

Kith awoke in a comfortable room. There was sunlight streaming through the window and warming him nicely. The window framed a tree outside with its leaves swaying in the wind.

It wasn't uncomfortably stuffy or extravagant. It was nice. It was much nicer than Kith had ever had. He sat up in his wonderfully soft bed and felt an odd twinge in his shoulder. The twinge triggered his memory and he reached with his other arm to test the wound. It felt slightly bruised. Which was odd. He should have been far more injured if he had passed out from the pain.

Nankojiva was at his side. He didn't know if she had just got there or had simply been there the whole time. She yawned and stretched. Kith stroked her behind the ears and she rubbed up against him.

Of course, the perfect moment had to end. The door opened and it was the man from the night before. In the daylight and warm room, he looked strangely out of place and somehow a lot more friendly than before. He sat himself on the window chair.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Not really." Kith said honestly.

"Well, maybe it's better that way. We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Let me introduce myself. I'm Red."

"Kith."

"And..." He looked at the cat expectantly.

Nankojiva.

The mask covered it, but a spasm of surprise flitted over Red's face. He had expected Kith to answer. BITs normally weren't able to communicate to others besides their masters.

"Who was the other one?" Kith ventured.

"That was Silver."

"And what happened?"

The man behind the mask seemed to be amused. "So many questions. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure myself. I'll let you rest." He stood up and left. He didn't seem the same man as before--the man who had looked at them so disdainfully.

I don't trust him.

Kith stroked her. "Of course you don't. You don't trust anyone."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Behind her mask, she wondered what exactly they were going to do. Really. The Black Movement was approaching, which meant they needed to gather allies... and fast. There was no excuse to be unprepared for this. Likewise, she hadn't really given much thought at what to do after they found an alley. Silver frowned. The boy upstairs proved that with the proper training, he would become a formiable opponent. Alone his BIT rivaled Asher's in power.

In short, aside from Asher, there wasn't anyone else more worthy for the title of Prince in the royal court. (Speaking of which she should discuss telling Asher about the position and the trouble the brews in the other side of his world. As much as she dislike the world champion, he was a powerful trainer.)

But the thought accepting a new teammate was one she was could not wrap her mind around. It had always been Red and her. Never anyone else. She wasn't so sure she could make a friend with Kith... she was having troubles accepting Asher. And Asher was as friendly (and annoying) as they come!

"He's awake," said Red, coming into the room.

"Hn." Silver replied. Soyala rested in her lap. "I supposed I should go find that Markl boy too then?"

"Later. Right now, we'll just wait until Kith is ready to come downstairs and listen," answered Red as he took a seat.

Silver snorted. "Bah, I hate waiting."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM

(When you say "alley" do you mean "ally"?)

Markl had waited under the bridge all night for Kith to come home. He sighed and petted his little mouse BIT. The sun was sparkling on the water, and he was still waiting.

Kith sometimes stayed out all night, but he would always tell Markl if he was planning to do so--even if it was just a quick tap on the shoulder before vanishing into his dark alleys.

But Kith had planned to sleep under the bridge tonight. And Kith wasn't the sort of person who would forget Markl for the new BIT of his.

Or would he? That little nagging voice had been in Markl's head ever since Kith had come back with that cat.

Kith had seemed a different person after he found his BIT. Kith had been somewhat disdainful towards BITs before. Now his attitude remained mostly the same with the exception of Nankojiva. Something had happened with that cat to make him care so deeply for it.

"No, Sylphie, I'm not jealous over a cat." Markl answered Sylphie's dark questioning eyes.

Sylphie chittered and began to wash. She was unconvinced.

His BIT really wasn't for battling. She was far too small to compete in the terrors of the street world. He might have battled her if he hadn't had to leave. He could have battled her in one of those safe, brightly lit arenas structured with rules...

But he had had to leave.

Besides, Sylphie still wouldn't have been likely to win anything. Markl let her nibble on his finger. She was his companion. At least she would always be there, even if she wouldn't win.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 PM

(ummm yes? I dunno. It was late last night. Probably?)

What seems like eternity to Silver, Kith had finally come down and into the room. Soyala growled at the sight of that -cat- entering with him. Phyre was sitting on her perch in the corner of the room while Red made no sound upon Kith's entering.

Kith looked around, taking in his surrounding. It was a small room, much like a living room. There were a few chairs and a screen. A red phoenix sat in the corner while the nine tailed fox just growled at him. Kith didn't know much about BITs but he knew seeing nine tailed foxes and phoenixes weren't that common in the world of BIT. Mythical creatures were on the rarer side.

He looked at the two people before him. Both still wore their mask and suddenly both were looking at him. Finally after a few moments of awkward silence, the girl spoke. "Please, stop standing there like an idiot and sit down so we can talk," her voice dripping in sarcasm.

Kith, growing slightly annoyed, took a seat in the nearest chair. "Alright, what is all about," he demanded.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-23-2007, 09:51 PM

(WHY ARE YOu TRYING TO MAKE ME EXPLAIN THIS PART? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON~~~ >_@ ...so I'm going to be sneaky and give this explaining part back to you because I really have no idea what this Black Movement thing and stuff are about. ^^v)

Kith leaned against his closed door and ran a hand through his hair. It had been a long day. Nankojiva jumped lightly onto his bed and curled up in the corner.

"What do you think? Should we take them up on their offer?"

Nankojiva was washing in that most superior manner of hers. I don't need training. Her thoughts seemed to trail off as if alluding to something else.

"But I do, right?" Kith glared at her, but he knew it was true. He didn't know how to battle at all. If anything, Nankojiva was the master in the relationship. All Kith provided was a technicality that allowed Nankojiva to battle. Without him, she would have just been a rogue BIT--up for the taking and an unofficial contestant. She could have chosen any idiot that didn't have a BIT.

Do you think that I would actually choose an idiot? Don't insult me. I choose you.

"Why?"

I have my reasons. She gave a last lick to her paw and then curled up. She closed her eyes. She could have been asleep or she could just be pretending to do so in order to avoid Kith's inevitable question. Kith grumbled under his breath in annoyance.

"Bloody unhelpful is what you are." He slumped on the window seat and stared at the night sky. It was strange--this was the same sky he had gazed at on the streets. That was the same moon that had painted his alleys silver. He closed his eyes and leaned against the window, relishing in the sensation of cool glass on his skin.

He could hear Red and Silver's voices drifting up from the floor below him. Undoubtedly, they were discussing him. He heard something about "too much like you" and there was a loud crash like a vase being knocked over. But Kith didn't find out more for sleep had claimed him.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM

(I don't want to explain it! You explain it!)

Smoke twisted as it raised up into the air. Alarms sounded and guards rushed to the scene. Spotlights flooded the air, looking for the escapee. It was already too late.

Kyoushi Tensai looked back at the jail that had been his cage for over 8 years. His white BIT, a mixture between a lion and a tiger, was perched on his shoulder looking quite pleased with itself. It had finally broke his master out of that place.

"Excellent Raigaa," Kyoushi whispered. An insane light danced in his eyes. "The White Movement plan has been put into effect. I think it's high time I finished what I started 8 years ago. I want to see my beloved sister. I want her to suffer for betraying me... I want her friends to die all around her," he whispered.

'Very well Master... Your sister will not know what hit her. Your allies are awaiting your arrival on the otherside of the hill. They are willing to follow your every command.'

"Excellent Raigaa. We'll first overthrow the AB and the delicate balance that Ayame seeks to protect. I want to taint every bit of my dear sister's soul."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 AM

(BAH. I HATE YOU. xP)

Ayame paced the room, sweeping towards the door and agitatedly turning back. Tier was lounging upon a sette, seeming bored about the situation.

"He's too much like you." Ayame whirled upon him in an almost accusatory tone.

Tier frowned slightly. "And why is that a problem? I'd say he has an excellent personality."

Ayame rolled her eyes. "This is no time to be conceited! He doesn't trust us--"

"With good reason."

"But we need him to!"

Tier appeared to look thoughtful. "Hm, that is indeed a problem."

Ayame looked like she wanted to pull out his spleen through his ear and make him eat it.

Tier sighed to disperse some of the tension. "To be honest, Ayame, the kid doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone but you."

"Me?" She looked incredulous.

"Yes, you. Perhaps it may be because, as you pointed out, he is so similar to me that he doesn't mind me very much. But you... he doesn't know how to deal with you. You're always snappy and demanding around him--you don't seem like you want to be friends at all."

Ayame pursed her lips.

"And so he just keeps his distance from you. ...It might be best if you just let me handle him," Tier suggested.

"Fine." Ayame's tone wasn't quite bitter and just a shade away from resigned.

"Good."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 AM

(Still not gonna give in!)

Ayame scowled to herself. She had always had people issues. Trust was something very hard for her to give away. With all the betrayal in her life, it wasn't a surprised. She counted to ten sliently, trying to control her anger before Demnri had to drag her off to therapy again.

-crash-

Ayame nearly jumped out her seat, looking at the source of the sound. The vase had dropped. She frowned that was not a good sign. No... that was never a good sign. Soyala tensed next to her, sensing Ayame's uneasiness.

'Calm down,' her BIT said to her. 'The vase just dropped. Nothing to be overly paranoided about.'

"Is it?" Ayame muttered. "Something is going happen. I just know it."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-27-2007, 04:37 AM

A white dove flitted past Ayame, making for the window. Her eyes widened at the BIT. She needed to stop it. This couldn't be happening. This--

Something inside of her froze. This was happening. And here she was--completely losing her head.

Tier's hand snaked into the air and caught the dove neatly. He looked at her quizically. "What's this all about?"

She shook her head fiercely and remained there, hugging herself on the floor.

Tier felt the dove scratching and nipping at his hand frantically. He glared at it, but then it suddenly fell limp. An eyebrow arched ever so elegantly. BITs weren't known to suddenly drop dead on their own accord. Nor were they known for sneaking into Ayame's home and spying. It could only mean one thing.

"The White Movement?"

"It's begun," she whispered. "Much sooner than we had expected."

Tier nodded. "Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, I suppose I should fetch the boy?"

Ayame nodded. "We've no choice any more. We have to tell him everything. Those little hints will do him no protection. And I'm sure that they know about him already."

"Should I bring him here?"

"No!" Her eyes looked suddenly fearful for some reason. "I mean, he trusts you more. And I--"

"Right." Tier understood. She needed to be alone--needed to collect herself. It wouldn't do her any good to appear like this to the boy and shatter whatever dignity she was clinging to. "I'll go."

Ayame nodded, and Tier swept from the room.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 AM

Ayame paced back and forth. Was she overreacting? The White Movement... it was his... ultimate plan. Or one of them. His ultimate plan was claim her... and when he couldn't he truly snapped.

'Kyoushi'
The name rang bitterly in her mind.

He had taken away her parents, her sanity, her life. Nothing short of taking away Tier, would make her any more miserable. And knowing him, killing Tier was high up on the list. It was so twisted and cruel. She felt her entire past was nothing but a bad nightmare that wouldn't go away. Too bad it was reality.

She could felt herself being lost the insanity of her mind. The little threads take kept her from going over the deep edge, slowly snapping as she felt her grip on reality loosen. Ayame closed her eyes. The masks that she used to keep her place in reality were slowly breaking.

Soyala nuzzled her, worried. Ayame smiled weakly at her. She had to be strong... she had to not give up. If she gave up, then she would fall right into his hands... his little puppet. In the other room, she could Tier and Kith talking.

'8 years of running away, and now once again you appear before me. Do you intend to drive me insane before killing me, Kyoushi?'

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM

"And why are you telling me all of this?" Kith sat on the bed with Nekojiva in his lap. The cat seemed to be glaring at Tier with her tail swishing back and forth in agitation.

"Because," Tier sighed, "it wouldn't be fair to you if I didn't. You've already been dragged into this, and now they know about you. You're probably being targeted right this moment. If you can't protect yourself and what you love, you can kiss it goodbye."

"So I'm being forced to accept your offer." Kith's eyes narrowed. He didn't like the sound of this.

"You're not being forced," Tier said coolly.

"But I'd be an idiot to say no, right?" Kith said in an equally cool tone.

"True," Tier allowed.

Kith pressed his lips together. Nankojiva looked up at him. You don't have much of a choice. Besides, it's not just for your own personal safety.

Kith's eyes widened. "Markl." It was no more than a breath. His eyes flashed up to Tier. "Markl. He's... I know him."

"You're worried?"

Kith didn't speak, but his stiff posture and the hard look in his eyes were answer enough.

"I'll send Phyre to bring him here then." Tier walked over to the window and released the phoenix.

The tension in Kith's shoulders loosened ever so slightly. "Thanks." He sighed, as if trying to shake loose the worry from his shoulders--worry that wouldn't leave until he knew Markl was safe.

Nankojiva sat on his knee and was looking at Tier. Explain this White Movement to us again.

Tier sat on the window seat. "Well, they're basically an organization that wants to overthrow the AB."

"And this relates to you and Silver how?" Kith interrupted.

Tier rubbed his neck. This would be incredibly difficult to explain without giving away their positions.

"Well... you see, we're charged with protecting the system. Sort of like... upholders."

"Okay..." But Kith didn't seem to believe him.

"Anyways, the White Movement has been pretty silent for the past few years because its leader was locked up. Now--"

"He's escaped?"

"Yes." Tier nodded. "And that means trouble for us."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 AM

Markl was dreaming for banana. He didn't know why, but there were bananas in his dreams. Actually he was craving a banana right now. Sylphie's squeaks woke him from his banana dream. Markl's eyes widen in shock as he recongized what was staring at him.

There was a phoenix staring at him. And not just any phoenix, a red one. And that meant...

"The Royal Court," Markl whispered. Phyre signalled for the boy to follow and took flight into the sky. "Wait!" Markl said, picking up Sylphie and following the majestic phoenix.

Through the twist and turns of the dark alley ways, Markl finally arrived at an abandon werehouse. Phyre flew into the building, Markl wondered why the legendary BIT was taking him here. He didn't expect to see Red and Kith talking causally in what looked to be a living room.

"Royal Court?!" Markl shouted, drawing both Tier's and Kith's attention to him.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 AM

"Markl!" Kith ran to him and gave him a great bear hug.

"Kith! Kith! That's Red, the ruler of Royal Court--"

"What?" Kith pulled away from Markl. "Royal Court?" His glance slid to Tier. "Him?"

"Yeah!"

"And you're sure?"

"He's got the phoenix BIT! Even you know that there's only one of those."

Kith's raised an eyebrow at Tier. "Well, well. Upholders, huh? I guess the King is an upholder of the system if you just want to say the concept."

Tier was running his hand down his face. Of all things, he hadn't expected to blow his cover like this.

"Care to explain, your majesty? Or is that also some big secret you have to keep from me?"

"Kith!" Markl hissed, clearly shocked that anyone speak in such a manner to royalty.

"We kept it from you for your own safety. The less you know--"

"The less I understand. The less I understand, the less I can help, much less fight," Kith snapped.

The plan had actually been to use Kith and then drop him quietly back into his old life when everything was over. Tier shook his head. Why had they ever thought it would be so easy?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Tier sighed and weighed his options. Involving Kith further would mean having to announce him as the Prince of Streetblading. And to announce him as that, means High Council will put him through hell to see if he's worthy of holding that title. After that he will have to put his life on the line to fight against the White Movement... Kyoushi will not hesitate to murder Kith.

Trying not to involve him further, makes him a target for Kyoushi's plans. With Nekojiva, a custom made BIT it seems, the boy was a walking target.

Other the other hand, he had no expreience, and they were running out of time to train him. Not to mention the boy was hardheaded. There was also the matter of Asher to decide upon. While Asher was a bit of an annoyance and had no experience on the street, the boy's heart was in the right place and he was GOOD at battling.

"I hope you're ready to lay down your life," Red more or less snarled at Kith. "For the next two weeks to you will be trained personally by Silver and me. If by chance you meet our expectations by the end of two weeks, you and another canidiate will meet with the High Council. You be tested by them to see if you're worthy to become a member of the Royal Court. If you and/or the other person survive, then you will here the -entire- story from Silver and myself, from beginning to end. Everything from who we were are and every bit of info we have on the White Movement.

In the mean time, we will provide you food and shelter, since sleeping under a bridge isn't the healthiest thing. And your brother Markl will have our protection as well. If you fail to meet those expections, do not expect us to tell you too much anything. Because your BIT makes you a walking target for the White Movement, you'll still have our protection. Quite frankly, there is a high chance you might die in this fight. If you want to refuse to help us or our protection, then speak now. If not, do we have a deal?"

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 AM

(psst~ The cat's name is 'Nankojiva' not 'Nekojiva.' She's not japanese. ...she's probably egyptian or something. xD)

Nankojiva leapt up on Kith's shoulder. She leaned so close to Tier that her bristling whiskers almost touched his face.

Deal. She answered for him.

Tier raised his eyebrows at Kith, expecting him to scold his BIT for making a decision for him. Even the most defiant BITs didn't take such liberties as this cat.

"Fine."

Tier blinked, and then his gaze fell to the collar about the boy's neck. He almost rolled his eyes, but restrained himself. That boy was so whipped.

A snow white cat sat upon the woman's knee. Long, elegant fingers stroked the luxurious fur. The cat mewed plantatively.

"Yes, love, your sister has found him."

The woman adjusted her glasses and pulled her long white coat about her to ward off the chill. The window was clouded with ice, but that was no matter. The stars still shone through.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 AM

(Argh! T-T We keep getting them mixed up. *hits head* Go check out the summer event.... and I just realised exactly how many spelling and mistakes and forgotten words I had in that last post.)

"You alright with that Silver?" Tier asked.

"Of course."

Markl and Kith looked at the door. Silver was standing there, still dressed with her long black cape. "Tomorrow morning you'll be trained by Kin," she instructed.

"What happened to personally trained by you and Red," Kith asked.

"Kin is me. Or rather just another alias. I'm not ready to trust you with my idenity and training with me as Silver screams PLEASE KILL ME!" Silver said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Kith glared at her.

Tier sighed. "The two of you are not going to get along are you?"

"No," said Silver and Kith together.

"Well at least you can agree with that. I'll forwarn you Kith and tell you that, she, well Kin won't be like this tomorrow," said Tier.

"What does that mean?" asked Kith.

"You'll see what I mean tomorrow," said Tier. "We'll also enroll you into a nearby school."

"School?" Markl asked. "But we can't afford that."

"Hence the Royal part of our title," said Silver. "A good education will do you some good. You can't expect to live on the streets forever and if you ever want a real house over your head, education will lead the way to a decent job."

Markl's eyes widen a bit. "You guys really royalty? I thought it was just a title?"

"No we're not. But being apart of the Royal Court means we have some extra funds, that will pay yours and Kith's education," said Tier.

"Wait... me too?" asked Kith. He frowned. He didn't really want to go back to school."

"Especially you," Silver replied.

"Same school as you and Silver?" Markl asked.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM

(Erm... Where exactly is this summer event thread? o_0 Psyrien has a very poor sense of direction and can only find the planning thread. ^^;)

"Unfortunately, yes," Silver commented.

"However," Tier added, "You probably won't be seeing much of us there."

"Why not?" Markl asked curiously.

"Business," was Silver's curt reply.

"High school..." Kith muttered. "Oh god, why?"

"It is necessary," Silver explained in the same curt tone.

Kith just muttered something unintelligible and buried his face in his hands. Markl was just the opposite.

"The same school! Wheeee! When do we start?"

"On Monday."

"Tomorrow." Kith groaned. Nankojiva took pity upon him and licked his cheek. Cheer up. What's so bad about it?

"Everything," Kith said sulkly.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 AM

(General Discuession --> summer event forum or front page click on the banner)

"So school starts... in four hours. Hmmm it's already 4am," muttered Silver. "I should go home to get ready and some breakfast."

"Should?" Markl asked.

"Well someone has you to school," Silver replied. "After all Tier will be the on handling your forms and fees."

"Only because you don't want to," Tier shot back.

"That's more paperwork. Why would I want more paperwork. Homework is a killer enough," Silver said in a lazy tone.

"Such a lazy girl."

"I know."

"Anyways," said Tier, looking at Markl and Kith. "You have the choice of going to bed for a mere three hours or just wait until morning comes. Either way, Silver or Kin or Gin depending on who she wants to be, will escort you to the main office our school. Perhaps you'll figure out who we really are. Oh and for the record, World Champion Asher and Former World Champion Tier, both attend our school. You should get use to the shock now if by chance you meet them."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 07:26 AM

Kith pulled at the high collar of his school uniform he had been given. He hated high collars. He sneaked a glance at the teacher who was busy writing on the board. Furitively, he unbuttoned his collar.

"Hi, new kid, looks like we're gonna be sitting next to each other."

Kith almost jumped. A pretty girl with salmon red hair in pigtails was smiling at him. His hand guiltily fluttered up to his collar.

"Don't worry." She winked at him. "High collars bother everyone. I won't tell."

He relaxed. "Thanks."

She smiled at him.

"Oh!" He said suddenly, just remembering his manners. "I'm Kith."

"Kimi. Nice to meet you." She smiled very prettily again, and he felt something strange happen to his stomach.

"Yeah... Nice to meet you."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 AM

Meanwhile in a classroom down the hall, Ayame had finally fallen asleep. Her teacher, Mr. Dane frowned but choose not to say anything. He learned that Ayame would always fall asleep in his class and has done so for the past two years. It was a wonder how the girl managed to keep her grades up. It was like she purposely failed until a certain point where she suddenly did all the work in one swoop, and improve so well on her test that despite that she started with an F in the being of the semster she left with an A by the end.

Tier, who sat next to her, looked like he was no better. But again Mr. Dane choose not to say anything. Tier was president of his deceased parents' company as well as a former world champion of BIT. It was no surprised the boy was actually tired for once. 'But,' Mr. Dane thought with a sigh, 'it would be nice if they decided to sleep somewhere else other then his class.'

Asher on the other hand, Mr. Dane knew that boy had no excuse to be sleeping in his class. "Ahem, Mr. Wind. Would you be so kind enough to wake up?"

Asher groggily woke up and open his eyes. "Oh... yeah. Hi Mr. Wind," he said nervously.

Ayame opened on her eyes to watch the scene. She would talk to Asher later about the whole Prince of Street Battling. She closed her eyes. For now, she'll get those few nightmare free minutes of sleep.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 AM

(Agh. Why are my posts getting shorter and shorter? And WHY is this turning into a high school RR? WHY. ...because I should warn you, I SUCK at writing high school/modern/our time things. No, really, I DO.)

Kith left his first day of his return to high school with one lesson learned--Kimi was a very friendly girl.

She wasn't flirty. He had met other girls who had seemed so, and Kimi definately wasn't one of them. She was just incredibly nice to everyone. No, she wasn't perfect, but she was the sort of the person who just didn't have it in her to be mean.

So what did you think of high school? Nankojiva was perched on his shoulder.

"It's... well, better than I expected. These collars are an abomination, though." He loosened his collar again, having been made to button it again when a teacher caught him.

You don't seem to mind your other collar. She pointed out.

His fingers rested on the cat charm. Stray hairs obscured the look in his eyes for a moment. "Yeah... well, that's different."

He could've sworn Nankojiva smirked.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 AM

(Sorry! Sorry! and mines are getting shorter too!)

The bell had rung and Asher was more then ready to leave the school. "Asher!"

He turned around. "Hiya Ayame. What's up?"

Ayame grabbed him by the hand. "Stuff. We're going to Tier's house. We're gonna have a short talk."

"Okay. Where's Tier?"

"He had to meet someone," Ayame asnwered. She didn't mention Kith and Markl yet. Asher would meet them soon enough. Beside there was no need to crush what little confidence Kith had in battling if he knew he was up again the World Champion for the title of Prince. They can meet later.

----

Tier dressed as Red and entered into the room. Kith was already home. Markl was no where in sight. "There has been a change. I'll be training you today," said Tier.

Kith nodded. Well at least it wasn't with annoying Silver.

Tier opened another door. It was an empty room with thick metal walls. "This is where we'll be training. Welcome to the Battle Room."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2007, 08:39 AM

(Oh look, it's longer! Huzzah! xD ...but I don't know what they're supposed to do for training/battling, so I'll let you explain it. ...And before you try to pass it off, it's only fair for you to do it, since I did the last one. Besides, this is YOUR world, so you know how the battling stuff is supposed to work, etc. So HAH.)

"Very... indestructable looking." Kith remarked.

"Yes, well, it was made to be so." Tier was pacing the room with his hands clasped behind his back.

The door snicked shut with a very final, impending doom sound.

"Where is Nankojiva?"

Kith blinked. He thought that she had followed him from the room. Now that Tier had mentioned it, he hadn't seem her since they had left the room.

"Never do that again," Tier spoke in quiet menancing tones. "If you don't know where your BIT is, you can't attack, much less defend yourself."

Kith was looking at his shoes. "Okay--wait." A thought had suddenly occured to him. He fingered the cat charm on his collar, and, quite suddenly, Nankojiva was beside him.

Tier looked at the collar with interest. BITs were much like pets--especially in the sense that they had real, physical bodies that they existed within. It was theoretically possible for a BIT to collapse like Nankojiva did, but Tier had never seen it before. His BIT simply became discreet. Of course, Phyre did the job exceptionally well, but she couldn't do what Nankojiva did.

"Tell me," he directed at Nankojiva, "who created you?"

Curiosity killed the cat. She responded enigmatically.

"But satisfaction brought it back," he replied.

Touche. She curled her tail around her self.

"Fine. I'll have answers soon enough."