For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 PM

I'm hoping it's tasty. Those heat and eat meals can break your heart you know. They sound tasty and then they taste like crap. But I get a lot of Japanese curries in those pouches that are pretty good, so my hopes are high!

Gonna have it with a nice tall glass of Thai tea, cause that makes me happy :D

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 AM

I think i'm just going to have sopes later. All this talk about food is making me hungry. I'll eat anything .

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 12:17 AM

Don't eat rat poison ok? It's bad for you!

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 12:24 AM

lol ok
i won't eat rat poison

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 12:30 AM

Good good.

I am happy to report that the heat and eat Indian meal is very fragrant and tasty. It's a bit spicy, but the tea helps. I'm not really great with spice. But I shall persevere!

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 04-30-2017, 02:45 AM

What is your Indian meal constituting of?
*is Indian*

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 02:52 AM

It was a ready made meal of Aloo Palak. The other one was Saag Paneer, but I'm gonna save it for next time. :)

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM

are those veggie plates? :o

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 04:38 PM

Yeah, they were completely vegetarian dishes. Gonna have to try some of the other kinds now.

And now I'm out to eat at a Malaysian restaurant worth my cousin. :D

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 04:47 PM

It's tough for me to find veggie dishes that i like.
i want to like veggie dishes but i'm carnivore

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 05:49 PM

What kind of vegetables do you like? What kind do you hate? Different cuisines could have the veggies you like in them.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 06:22 PM

I like corn, cucumber, squash, carrots, and....hmm i don't really remember all the veggies i like
I don't hate any veggies. I dont mind eating veggies i just feel like something is missing.. I need that meat flavor

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 06:35 PM

I like meat, but I don't eat pork or lamb, so any holiday meals that include that, someone either cooks me chicken or I just eat all the sides. I just really like vegetables, so I rarely feel like something is missing. I mean, if you think about it, a cheese sandwich is vegetarian. I never miss meat in my grilled cheeses.

I feel like you could easily whip up some hearty stews full of veggies and beans and maybe some grains and some veggie stir fries with lots of noodles and stuff and not miss the meat. Although, mushrooms and tofu are the usual meat stand ins in those cases.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 06:41 PM

ohhh i can't. I mean my grandma makes beef stew. It's mostly veggie like squash, potato, cabbage, carrot,corn, etc. But the beef is the main part. I can't have soup without meats. I love soup Soups are my favorite foods. And i really like the meat in the soup. I can't give it up.

I can't really eat a lot of cheese because it makes me break out and it's kind of bad for my digestion.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 06:54 PM

Meat is delicious, but so are other things. You just have to stop thinking you're being shorted something and enjoy the things you are getting :D

I mean, nobody says dessert wasn't delicious cause it didn't have meat in it do they?

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 07:15 PM

You don't put meat in ice cream though...
It's not the same.
The addicting things are meat and dairies.
So if i ate a whole thing of dairy like desserts and pastries. Then i'll be satisfied because it's loaded with the sugar drug.
But meat is good by itself. Fills you up and you don't need a lot of it.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 07:28 PM

No, but mincemeat pie is a thing. Sure, actual meat has been mostly eliminated from some recipes, but some recipes still have it in it. And lots of people are putting bacon on all sorts of sweet things these days! Gross!

You can fill yourself up with a starch or lentil of some sort. Rice. Potatoes. Beans. I love having red beans and rice. On occasion, I'll stick some sausage in it, but really I just like a giant bowl of rice and beans to nom on.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 07:38 PM

oh yes. Meat pies from Portos are good :D
I think it's mostly commercialized foods that do those gross things. Fast food places that put bacon in ice cream..like why?
They run out of ideas and just continue to do gross things with food.

OF COURSE! Rice and beans is the food of my people. Most of my countries dishes are rice and bean. Or beans, cream and cheese.
But of course. Can't have it without dairy :p It's either one or the other.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM

I love sweetened white rice by itself. Brown rice is nasty by itself, even sweetened.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM

Bacon has become some weird food fad that doesn't know how to fade. It doesn't help that people have formed the cult of bacon and they say dumb crap like "Bacon makes everything better!" and make bacon flavored chapstick and crap. Bleh. Gross. No!

Beans and rice and cream cheese? Huh. Which country?

I was raised in Louisiana, so they do Red beans and Rice, usually pintos, but there's also white beans and rice. There's no cream or dairy involved, but I feel that it has lots of flavor. Mashing some of the beans imparts a bit of a creaminess to it.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 PM

Bacon was okay until it became overrated. Why do people have to ruin a good thing?
I used to love bacon, now i feel sick of it because it's everywhere

Well my grandma mixes the rice,beans, cream and cheese into a sort of soup dish.
BUT baleadas are flour tortillas with bean spread, cream and cheese. Very simple dish but not everyone can make them correctly because you need central american cream and cheese. VERY different from the cheese and cream in other countries.
It's from Honduras. My grandma makes them. She shops at a special central american market here to buy the ingredients.

Yes. We smash beans too :) that's usually how we eat beans. But in Nicaragua, where my mother is from, they make gallo pinto, which is the traditional mix of beans and rice but it's kind of fried. The beans are not smashed here. It's also made differently than how other people do it. My aunt makes the best. Then they sprinkle cheese or cream on it. Not a soup.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-30-2017, 07:54 PM

Bacon has the superpower of tasting good with every food, though! And bacon smell is supposed to be able to overpower any other smell. Bacon scenting and bacon flavoring is weird, though.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-30-2017, 08:02 PM

I don't eat bacon to begin with, so the cult of bacon just gets on my nerves. *stares at Amane with a dead look*

But anyway, it's funny that there are so many preparations of certain foods in the world. And even funnier when you think that multiple people can make the same dish, and each one will be different since everyone has their own certain way that they like it prepared.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-30-2017, 08:07 PM

Picky as I am… but I eat bacon. *grins*

Of course. You like that?
Since no two people think identically, communication is nothing but an attempt to convey our ideas that no one else will ever 100% understand.

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 PM

I eat bacon. But not in excess..

There are many different ways to prepare food because there are different types / tastes of different foods. The foods in other countries don't taste the same as somewhere else. It's their agriculture.
The milk tastes different too. It's not all the same because we don't have the same soil.

Also because people cook differently. Not everyone follows the same methods