voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Youpi!! Haha. That's a good idea with the Alt codes.

Amuses-toi bien avec ton cours de français à New York. <3

Quels films et musique français aimes-tu?

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
@ Iku: That's a good idea, drawing it beforehand. I never thought of doing that actually...

I don't think I've ever used white out for inking mistakes. I'd just photoshop it out after scanning the image if I made a mistake.

Hm, that's a good idea about how to do the markers and bumping up the contrast. I've never actually done it that way. I have a few other techniques I use usually. I like coloring with pencils better because it's much easier but they don't look as nice and crisp like anime artwork that way. >.< I have this really gorgeous nature scene I did all in pencils for art class, that's probably my best work using them. I think I might have a picture of it somewhere if I can dig it out sometime. I should really be going to bed though so it will have to wait until my next reply...

Ugh, I so want a tablet but I think we've been over this before. V_V

Yeah, we did. It was nice apart from the fact that it was thunder storming. T_T
Well, I figured I had the avi already so might as well. :P
With the new CIs though everyone had a new avi; so I went ahead and changed it. I was going to wait until I had about 5.5k, but I had enough so I just bought the rest of the items and changed. Now I need to finish up my drawing.. :XD

I had to PS recently to edit out a mistake I made. Colored outside the line. :lol:

Yeah, I like the crispness of digital art. There's a simplicity about traditional art that I find appealing though. :yes:
That's cool. I can't wait to see it. :eager:

Aw. Oh, did you bury her?

--
And nice to see more people here. :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voenne View Post
Youpi!! Haha. That's a good idea with the Alt codes.

Amuses-toi bien avec ton cours de français à New York. <3

Quels films et musique français aimes-tu?
Yeah, and then you can practice memorizing them by taking French word per minute quizzes. I have two sites that I use to practice. Speedtest uses just individual words so it's easier but less accurate and Lecturel uses full text and gives you an error summary as well.

J’espère que ça va être amusant. Je dois décider entre un cours de traduction au niveau B1/2 ou un cours de grammaire au niveau C1/2.

J'aime la tecktonik. Est-ce-que tu la connais? Mon film français préféré est « Coco avant Chanel » . J'avais regardé pas mal de films français mais ils était surtout mauvais. ^^; Et toi?

EnglishX

Quote:
I hope it will be fun. I have to decide between a translation course at the B1/2 level or a grammar course at the C1/2 level.

I like tecktonik. Do you know it? My favorite French film is "Coco Before Chanel". I've seen a fair share of French films but most of them were bad. And you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko View Post
Well, I figured I had the avi already so might as well. :P
With the new CIs though everyone had a new avi; so I went ahead and changed it. I was going to wait until I had about 5.5k, but I had enough so I just bought the rest of the items and changed. Now I need to finish up my drawing.. :XD

I had to PS recently to edit out a mistake I made. Colored outside the line. :lol:

Yeah, I like the crispness of digital art. There's a simplicity about traditional art that I find appealing though. :yes:
That's cool. I can't wait to see it. :eager:

Aw. Oh, did you bury her?

--
And nice to see more people here. :D
Yeah, I'm really liking the new kitsune item. I was just talking to someone about how we should get a white kitsune item and I said that I didn't think we would since we already have the Imperial Cat CI but I guess I was wrong!

I'm gonna keep my avi the way it is for now but your new one is pretty cool; you should show us the art when you finish it!

There's a lot of things I admire about different types of art. I especially like the way that some of the more abstract watercolors look so fluid and easy.

Can't wait to see what? And I already said yes about the burial. >.<

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 09-30-2013 at 03:10 PM..

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and then you can practice memorizing them by taking French word per minute quizzes. I have two sites that I use to practice. Speedtest uses just individual words so it's easier but less accurate and Lecturel uses full text and gives you an error summary as well.

J’espère que ça va être amusant. Je dois décider entre un cours de traduction au niveau B1/2 ou un cours de grammaire au niveau C1/2.

J'aime la tecktonik. Est-ce-que tu la connais? Mon film français préféré est « Coco avant Chanel » . J'avais regardé pas mal de films français mais ils était surtout mauvais. ^^; Et toi?
Ah, non. Je ne la connais pas. J'aime Carla Bruni, Edith Piaf, et une bande qui s'appelle Dolly. Je n'ai pas encore vu «Coco avant Chanel»! (I want to!!) Je recommande les films de Jean-Luc Godard. Mon actrice préférée est Anna Karina...et Audrey Tatou. <3

Merci pour les (links?? how do they say it in french?) When I took classes, they never taught us anything technological or useful like that. :<

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm really liking the new kitsune item. I was just talking to someone about how we should get a white kitsune item and I said that I didn't think we would since we already have the Imperial Cat CI but I guess I was wrong!

I'm gonna keep my avi the way it is for now but your new one is pretty cool; you should show us the art when you finish it!

There's a lot of things I admire about different types of art. I especially like the way that some of the more abstract watercolors look so fluid and easy.

Can't wait to see what? And I already said yes about the burial. >.<
Yeah it is cute. I tried making an avi with it in the DAC, but I wasn't feeling very motivated. Probably because I already had a new one. :lol:

I like your avi, btw. Not sure if I mentioned it before. P:
And thanks! I will~

Watercolors is another thing I wish I could do. I have some watercolor pencils that I think are pretty neat. I tried copying a picture that was watercolors and mine came out wrong, but I still think it looks nice. :lol:

Ah. You said you had a drawing using colored pencils. :yes:

And oh yeah! Sorry. For some reason I thought I asked if you had gotten rid of the body, but not specifically buried it. :sweat:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Ah, non. Je ne la connais pas. J'aime Carla Bruni, Edith Piaf, et une bande une groupe qui s'appelle Dolly. Je n'ai pas encore vu «Coco avant Chanel»! (I want to!!) Je recommande les films de Jean-Luc Godard. Mon actrice préférée est Anna Karina...et Audrey Tatou. <3

Merci pour les (links?? how do they say it in french?) When I took classes, they never taught us anything technological or useful like that. :<
C'est une sorte de musique électronique. Je n'ai pas encore écouté Carla Bruni, je déteste Edith Piaf et le film dédié à elle, et je ne connais pas Dolly mais je vais le chercher. « Coco avant Chanel » est magnifique. Je l'ai en DVD. Je n'aime pas trop les films de Jean-Luc Godard. Son camera bouge trop et me rende malade. Le nom Tatou me dit quelque chose mais je ne suit pas les acteurs, même les acteurs américains. >.>

EnglishX

Quote:
It's a sort of electronic music. I haven't listened to Carla Bruni yet, I detest Edit Piaf and the film dedicated to her, and I haven't heard of Dolly but I'll look it up. "Coco Before Chanel" is magnificent. I have it on DVD. I don't really like Jean-Luc Godard's films. His camera moves too much and makes me sick. The name Tatou rings a bell but I don't follow actors, even American actors.

Un lien = a link

Yeah, we were never taught any useful vocabulary dealing with technology in any of my classes either. >.<

@ Iku: I should too but I haven't had the time to do much of anything lately.

Thanks! It's supposed to be sort of like a butterfly but I added a few items in memory of my rabbit that sort of throw it off. V_V

I love using watercolor pencils, they're so much fun and they can be pretty versatile. The effect looks great too.

Derp. I forgot about it already. I'll see if I can dig it out of my ancient digital pics from back when I was in high school. >.<

Oh, okay. V_V

----------

The picture was actually easier to find than I thought it would do to some good file organization on my part. I had actually forgotten that I won best in show at a gallery showing with that piece. The first pic is the best in show shot while the second shows a better close up. It was really hard to get a good picture of it because the coloring is so dense on the paper that the pencils actually glare under the light:

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 AM

Ah, Audrey Tatou played Coco Chanel in Coco avant Chanel. That's why I mentioned it. :)

I'll look up tecktonik and give it a listen as well. I have to say, Edith Piaf is an acquired taste, so I don't blame you. Haha. Also, thanks for the translation. I'm too tired to reply in french this evening. ;)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 AM

Derp, that would make sense then, LOL!

There's a lot of it. You should check out the Wikipedia article on it, I think it's an interesting phenomenon.

I just really didn't like the movie with her in it. It was dark and creepy and weird. Her song "Je ne regrete rien" is okay but I can't say I like her that much.

Aw... That's okay, I should be going to bed anyway. >.>

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
@ Iku: I should too but I haven't had the time to do much of anything lately.

Thanks! It's supposed to be sort of like a butterfly but I added a few items in memory of my rabbit that sort of throw it off. V_V

I love using watercolor pencils, they're so much fun and they can be pretty versatile. The effect looks great too.

Derp. I forgot about it already. I'll see if I can dig it out of my ancient digital pics from back when I was in high school. >.<

Oh, okay. V_V

----------

The picture was actually easier to find than I thought it would do to some good file organization on my part. I had actually forgotten that I won best in show at a gallery showing with that piece. The first pic is the best in show shot while the second shows a better close up. It was really hard to get a good picture of it because the coloring is so dense on the paper that the pencils actually glare under the light:

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Awww. Been really busy?
I finally finished the art for my avi. -points to sig-

It's still cute regardless. =3 Simple color scheme but very nice.

Yes! I'm always amazed when I see watercolor art. Always like "How... did you do that? o _o"

Woooow! :shock: It's awesome, Zig! :D
How long did that take?

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 AM

Ah, I see. I haven't seen La Vie en Rose, so I have no opinions on it. Her song La Vie en Rose, however, is my favorite. Anyway, I will have to watch Coco avant Chanel, tout de suite!

Hehe... okay, sweet dreams to you.

Heart_Beats_For_Love
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 PM

Allo, cv tout le monde? Jviens de regarder que voenne nas pas vu La Vie en Rose. C'est interdit, il faut le voir. Jladore absolument. L'actrice bien joue la role d'Edith.

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM

Salut! Ça va.

Vraiment? Je pense que je dois le voir... Peut être je l'aime, aussi. :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 AM

@ Iku: Yeah, I'm planning on moving out and going downstate to live with my fiance so it's been a bit hectic. I've been trying to sort through my stuff in between working and family stuff and trying to find time to hang with friends and work out as well. I hope it will all be worth it in the end though.

Ooh, it looks good! I really like what you did with the background, how did you get that effect?

Aw, thank you. <3

I remember learning a few different techniques for watercolors when I was in school but I can't say as if I ever mastered them. >.<

Um... I can't even remember anymore. Probably like a week or something of only doing it during class.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Beats_For_Love View Post
Allo (This is technically only for use on the phone just in case you didn't know...), cv tout le monde? Je viens de regarder que voenne n'as pas vu La Vie en Rose. C'est interdit, il faut le voir. Je l'adore absolument. L'actrice bien joue bien la role d'Edith.

@ Hearts:
Chacun son truc je suppose.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 07-07-2011 at 12:32 AM..

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 AM

zig - I think it's the new "in" thing/internet slang to slur together je with the verb following. I took that grammar as on purpose. lol.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Salut! Ça va.

Vraiment? Je pense que je dois le voir... Peut-être je l'aime l'aimerais(I wouldn't use the present tense here, it sort of gives the connotation "Maybe I like it but I'm not going to tell" I think. You want to make it more uncertain so I would say "maybe I would like it" by using the conditional conjucation of aimer.), aussi. :)
@ Voenne: Et peut-être que tu ne l'aimerai pas mais il faut le regarder pour être certain. ^_^

EnglishX

Quote:
And maybe you won't like it but it's necessary to watch it to be certain.

Yeah, I figured that's what Hearts was doing but I wanted to show the correction there for anyone else who might be wondering. *Shrugs* Grammatically it's wrong but at the same time it's kinda fun. I usually only shorten things like that when instant messaging with my Parisian friend. Typing out the whole thing will get you more gold for your posts though and will be more beneficial in helping you practice I think but I'm not going to make it a rule that you do it or anything. Chacun son truc.

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 AM

Oui, d'accord. :)

And you are right. Conditional conjugation was one of the things that I forgot about and was trying for the life of me to remember! Thanks for reminding me. :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 AM

MDR! De rien, c'est mon but d'aider ceux qui étudient le français. ^_^

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 AM

Et je l'apprécie beaucoup. <3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 AM

^_^

Ça va ce soir? Je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps pour chatter mais on peut essayer quand même. ^^;

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 AM

Comme ci, comme ça. Et toi?

J'ai beaucoup de temps libre... Trop de temps... @_@'

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 AM

La même. Je devrais me coucher bientôt mais j'ai encore trop de choses à faire. V_V

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Ah, dommage. Tu dois te coucher si tu étais fatiqué. <3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 AM

Je ne suis pas fatiguée mais je devrais me coucher parce que je dois me réveiller de bonne heure demain pour le travail.

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 AM

Oh, d'accord. :(

Peut-être tu dois lire un livre ennuyuex et pendre un peu de repos?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-07-2011, 02:37 AM

Je n'ai pas le temps, j'ai des autres choses que je dois faire avant de me coucher.