~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-02-2016, 04:39 AM

Hikari shook her head. "Almost nothing. He doesn't like to talk about it, so I don't ask." She said.

((Wait...what are Tsunami and Storm doing again? ))

Now that Rosemary was actually in front of the man, she found that she didn't know how to talk to him. What should she say? She took a breath. "We need to talk. About a lot of things." She said, letting her mouth take over where her mind came up blank. "First of all, I would like to apologize. I never properly welcomed you into the village, and I'll admit I distrusted you...enough that I let it get in the way of my judgement regarding the villagers. So, I apologize for that..."

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 03-02-2016, 12:52 PM

(They're looking for an Agent of Zaeed's Talon Company. Also, I have a favor to ask. As a Love interest for Yaro, and something that I know you'd be comfortable controlling, could you play as a Raider? )

Arventino took a drink of his soda, before placing it down. "The fall of Anchorage was still fresh in everyone's mind, you'll have to understand. For some, it caused fear, for others.....anger. We lost friends, family, and our entire program to that war........We weren't ourselves. "Arventino said. "We wanted to send a message......a reminder why people didn't want to be our enemy. They attacked us without warning......so we did the same. "Arventino said.

"The Great wall of China was a historically significant monument..........To send a message, and a warning, we laced the entire wall with explosives, and destroyed it. We showed that we would strike anywhere and everywhere to defeat, not so much considered with beating them as with breaking them. "He said to her. "This lead to the Gobi Campaign, the Anchorage Liberation, and then, ultimately, what you refer to as 'The Rain' "He said to her

Ahzidal would look over towards Hikari, shocked that she was apologizing. He then shook himself, to think of how to respond. "......It's not like you didn't have reason.....Just understand Hikari, what I did, I did for the good of everyone in your village, I wasn't trying to rip control from you. "He said to her. "The Raiders were everywhere....you think I overrode your treaties? No, I was hiring the Raiders. Groups were always cropping up, so I hired them to put them down.....IT made sure the raiders were under control, and we were safe. "He said to her, explaining why he was giving supplies in the first place.

Last edited by Andraus; 03-02-2016 at 12:57 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:23 AM

((Could you explain what a raider is again? Sorry, Wolfie's really out of it rn))

Hikari looked sad. She understood most of what he was saying for once, at least in theory. "I don't understand why people feel the need to fight each other. Wouldn't it be so much easier to just leave each other alone?"

Rosemary nodded. "I only wish you would have talked to me first. If you had explained it that way, I would have understood." She sighed. "Although I understand why you may not have thought so."

Storm raised an eyebrow. "I am not a radar, Tsunami. I can't pick up anything.

Andraus

Old 03-04-2016, 04:51 AM

(Well, we've focused on the Settlers of the New world: The people trying to eck out an existence in this land of constant danger, and we've seen the Slavers, those who prey on their fellows for cash or for survival. Raiders take Survival to a whole new level, and then some: Instead of farming or settling, they attack, kill, and rob anyone they see that's not one of their own. Raiders either do it because they believe they have no choice, or because they just like killing. More than a few have drug issues.)

"It's part of human nature to war amongst ourselves. As the unofficial apex predator, we had to fight for survival even among ourselves. It's just how we are, Hikari, I can't change that and neither can you. "he said, sounding tired. He really believed conflict was a permanent thing in human nature.

"You didn't trust me, and neither did most of the villagers. It's why I ran a butcher shop, and became a cook: I could talk to people, listen about their issues, and discuss ways to help. It's why I didn't reveal I was an Ark survivor, or that I was a Government Official. "He said, storing what was left of the food. "When people look at an Ark Survivor, they see something from an age that had technology unlike anything they've ever seen. The Authority are a prime example of what happens when they have too much power, so that inspires fear, and respect. When you're more than a person, you're also less than a person. "He said to her.

"You were a hunter in your village. Surely you could hear the sound of gunfire, or maybe follow some tracks or something. "She said, obviously not understanding much of what hunters did. The Life of a Settler was an unknown to her.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-06-2016, 04:08 AM

((Oh, okay. Yeah, Wolfie can play a homicidal chick XD ))

Hikari bowed her head. She had no argument for that. She herself had long had to fight to survive, and had even killed before, though she wasn't proud of it and certainly did her best not to do it again. "I only wish it wasn't that way. If more people did their best to get along, we would be able to change it. But of course that's not going to happen."

"Yes, I suppose you're right." Rosemary said. She didn't know it from his point of view, but she knew she was guilty of feeling those things. "From now on, how about we work together, instead of against each other?"

Storm rolled his eyes. "If you don't hear gunfire, there's no gunfire. I can't hear what's not there. As for tracks...look around. How many tracks do you see?" Thousands of feet had passed this way. There was no way to tell which tracks were the right ones, if any. "I can look for anything abnormal, but...I don't really know what's normal here. I'm doing my best, Tsunami."

Andraus

Old 03-06-2016, 05:15 PM

(Would you like me to give you a way to enter, or would you rather create your own?)

Tsunami looked confused. "Really? I thought Hunters did stuff like that. Then again, you're the first Village Hunter I've ever met. "She said, looking around the ruins buildings. Pushing open the door to an old Pharmacy, Tsunami would look around. "You wanna relax in here a minute?" She asked. They had been walking all day.

Arventino would just stare down at the table, before reaching into his pocket. He would then show her a picture. It was two Younger Versions of Arventino and Alessia. "This is me and my sister, when we were younger......like I told you, I didn't see much of her growing up, but me and her?.......we are close, very close......"He said, placing it down. "Sometimes I wonder if this will be the day that I wake up to find her dead......or if one day, I'll look at see that this world is falling apart.......I hate this world. "Arventino said, holding his head. "It's taken my life, almost my entire family, my friends.......Can't it just leave me alone?!"He said.

This was the product of a life-time of constant fighting. Obviously, Arventino's lack of tact was due to the fact that he had no proper parental guidance to look after him (as his parents were drug pushers.) and his time in the military had left little to no emotional human interaction. Without anyone to teach him the values of mercy and honor, it was little wonder why he and Rosemary fought: Rosemary was a very honorable person, and didn't believe in beating an enemy down when they were beaten (At least, that's as far as I've seen) and Arventino believed that only by crushing your enemies entirely, that you'd gain peace.

Ahzidal sighed, before looking towards her. "I've always been on the side of this village, Rosemary, never forget that. But understand this: We're fighting a war, a war for our very survival. In war, if you don't do whatever it takes to win, you risk looking everything you have. "He said. Considering the war he had to live through, it was an honest experience.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-09-2016, 04:38 AM

"I hunt game, not people. Animals are a lot easier to hunt." Storm said, though he wasn't really paying attention. He was busy listening, looking for any clue there might be. Because of this, he almost missed Tsunami's question. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Definitely." He said, looking forward to being able to relax a moment.

Hikari was at a loss for what to say. "I...I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help you." She said after a moment. "Well...actually, maybe there is. I can't replace all the things a parent should have been able to do for you growing up, but I can at least try to teach you what my parents taught me. It might help you understand Rosemary a little better." She offered.

Rosemary's expression darkened. "I know." She said. "I've always known. My father prepared me for war when I was young, so I've always known what I would have to face if war came up. And since Arventino made me like you...." She stopped, remembering the strange feeling of her body being taken over by tiny robots. "I gained knowledge then that I never could have dreamed of. Now I know even better what has to be done. And I know that the most important thing is that we stand united."

Andraus

Old 04-13-2016, 02:47 AM

"......I think I'd like that. "Arventino said. Obviously, the idea of having a parental figure, while odd at first, would be more than reassuring to the tired veteran. Arventino had always been like this: A rough sort of person to get along with, but once done, his absolute faith was nearly unshakable. It was clear he trusted Hikari absolutely.

Tsunami would close the door behind them, before checking the stands for anything useful. There was a variety of medical supplies here, as Tsunami was carefully plucking a few bits and pieces of the shelf. Tsunami's time as a Scavenger had obviously made her adept at finding things that most would miss. A very useful gift.

Ahzidal would lean back, before pulling up a small datapad. He would then hand it to her. "Let me explain something to you Rosemary.......When presented with invariable odds, Humanity stands united, a feat many think impossible...so tell me this, do you look at the Atomic war as a disadvantage, or a benefit in disguise?"He asked her. "Though we fight now, For the first time in years, most of humanity is uniting against our foes for a common goal: Survival. "He said.

"Did you think we were crippled when the rain happened?.....No, to survive, is to endure and prosper. Look around at what you've created Rosemary: We've most certainly survived, have we not?"He asked.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 04-15-2016, 03:00 AM

Hikari smiled. "Okay, then. I'll do my best." She promised.

Storm slid down to a crouch, leaning against the wall. He didn't recognize any of the supplies on the shelves, so he left the scavenging to Tsunami.

Rosemary stared at him a second. "I think the Rain was a horrible mistake. It was a tragedy that could have been avoided, and yes, it crippled humanity. At least, it crippled what was left of humanity afterwards. If you haven't noticed, pure humans are rare these days. Most of the remaining population of this earth are either mutants, monsters or humans with some small mutations. No one went unaffected by the Rain. However." She sighed. "Ultimately, we have rallied from that tragedy. We could have benefitted more from a society that never needed such weapons, but that's not what we had. Now, so many generations later, we are benefitting...not from the rain, but from the survivors who strove to make the world livable after the Rain. We have survived...only just now are we beginning to thrive."

Andraus

Old 05-20-2016, 02:33 PM

"Food for the thought, Rosemary. Nothing more. "Ahzidal said, before looking at a report. "Though I do have to ask this, as these were once my people as well as your friends and...can I even call him your boyfriend now?"Ahzidal said, looking over to her. "I know I may sound insensitive, but trust me when I say this Rosemary, that very little is hidden from me....it's no secret that many people saw that fight of yours."Ahzidal said, writing something down before opening a case. "Care to talk about it? No-one knew what it was about..."

"What the....No way.....nooo way!"Tsunami said, before emerging with something. It was a small, thin device, with a pair of earplugs. Taking the earplugs off, she would check to see if it had any power. "Oh man, I hope this works!...."Tsunami said, not knowing she didn't explain what it was to Storm.

Arventino would simply look at Hikari, before smiling. "I can see why Joseph fell for you.....you have a good heart, Hikari."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-28-2016, 03:18 AM

Rosemary blushed. "I...no, I'm sorry. I would rather not talk about it. It's bad enough that everyone saw it, I don't want everyone to know what it was about. It's stupid, anyway." She said, not looking at him.

Storm looked up at her, perplexed. "Uh...Tsunami? What is it?" He asked.

Hikari blinked, then smiled. "Um...thank you."