Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 AM

Lee grasped the bars in front of him as if he were ready to rip them off the door. "It was in your nature once! Caring, appreciating, loving... It was all at hand and I could see it. Once you were a sweet little boy and you got away from life by going to that lake. You were compassionate at one time, soft-spoken, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love all that about you at one time. You're not beyond help---no more than I am. Do you honestly think I can stand in those torture stations and watch people being torn to pieces, cut to shreds, mauled by attack dogs, burned and frozen and literally skinned alive without feeling sick!? No.. It haunts my dreams. Every order I've given. Every lash of the whip, every drop of acid, every cell of blood is on my hands. Mine alone."

He lowered his head, blinking away tears and glaring back at Steel. "I don't know if you understand it. Do you ever kill? And after every kill, every moment of agony, do you think about their families? What will their kids think? What will their husbands and wives think? Will they ever be able to fill the void I ripped into their hearts? Will I ever be able to seek forgiveness? Will they ever look at me without God's hatred in their eyes? I don't think so, and I don't deserve that. I'm not a heartless husk of a human being---I have a soul! You just have to dig for it. And if I have a soul, you damn sure do. That young man you used to be is there. And I'm offering you help to find it again." He had to look around, but no one was moving about.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Steel stared down at the ground, at the stains in the earth he didn't want to know the origin of. He couldn't bare to look at Lee when he confessed the kinds of things he did. Even something as cold as Steel couldn't help but flinch. Couldn't help but wonder if the kind of person who could shred a person with pain could ever be a friend. But...every experience that Steel could remember of Lee did not match the image of a torture master at all. The person in front of him could feel and that was one things Steel did not doubt at all.

Without thinking, he grasped one of the hands that rested on the bars. "The ghosts that haunt me are just a different color," he said quietly. He would not belittle Lee's ghosts. They were something he understood even if they were a different color as he said. Ghosts were ghosts, and they could not be faked. The look in Lee's eyes spoke of real haunting pain and nightmares that would never be erased. "Maybe the old me is still in here. Maybe...but how can you help me?" An honest question, no bite to it. He really wanted to know what could be done to help him in a place like this. He was not in some sort of place suited to remembering a compassionate and loving nature.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:28 AM

Lee shook his head slowly, but his heart jumped when Dustin put his hand over Lee's. "How is still a matter of debate. I have a plan in mind but you have to trust me enough to play along. You're a spy, Dustin. You know how to feign emotions. And I wouldn't be going through such agonizing steps if I didn't want to spare you the torment that's likely to come." He knelt on one leg. "I can get you to private places to talk alone. But there have to be steps taken. You have to act as if there's some groundbreaking knowledge you're keeping. I'll make sure I, and only I, have control over you. That way no one else will have control over you, or be present."

He bit his lip. "But... There are some things... that need to happen. I can't let you go without damage being done. They'll know. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do but I have to make it appear as if I've done something. If you trust me enough, you can believe me when I say that I'll let you control the intensity of what I do, or I'll use gentler methods to force bruises to show, and a knife blade to show broken skin instead of a whip. It'll get us some hours to talk. And if I had you brought to my office personally, it'd give us a little time without having to cause harm." He pressed his forehead against the bars. "That's all I can really offer safely."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 12:13 AM

He listened carefully to the plan, only nodding his head to agree. Faking emotions was easy enough and he was happy to do so. He could even pretend to be more important than he was with a few carefully placed lies. That part of the plan he was comfortable with, there was more. At the thought of pain, Steel's stomach churned even if there was hope that it would be small amounts of pain. Could he really trust Lee? Could he trust himself to stay strong? He didn't even have to think about it. Already, his heart was attached to this man. No matter how much he reasoned with himself, he would trust Lee. Nodding his head slowly just once, hid away his conflicting emotions.

"I understand. And I...trust you." He offered as strong of a smile as he could manage in these circumstances. "Don't worry about me. I can take a little pain. So you, just do what you have to do if that's the price of us getting a chance to talk." He understood just how important it was to talk privately. Here they would have to look over their shoulders constantly and Steel was sure that if Lee got in trouble, it would be the end of him too. No one would be left to protect him from hell.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:42 AM

Lee nodded, managing a small but faltering smile. "I'm glad you trust... someone like me. Since you don't remember me. But I want to change that. I'll push any limits I can so you'll remember." Standing, he straightened his clothes and looked around. No one was nearby, and he didn't feel as though he were being watched. "I'll come by later. You start acting however you can to rouse suspicion that you may have important information, and I can take it from there. Insult me if you have to, find a way to get them to bring me to you." Insults were pale, perhaps, but he could consider it somewhat close to acceptable payback regarding his plans.

Turning, Lee stepped away, walking back to his office and sitting at his desk. He had to get that message out. Sighing, Lee brought up an instant notification window and typed in a rather curt message: "Prisoner breaks---Urgent information incoming, General's barracks."

Standing, Lee lowered his head and started tying back his hair again. He personally had to deliver the details of the message, but dreaded it. He always dreaded it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 02:53 AM

After watching Lee walk away, Steel let out a sigh. He sat quietly as he gathered his thoughts and his courage when he hated to admit hadn't been so strong recently. He did trust Lee, but he needed a minute or two of quiet before he started acting suspicious. He knew he wasn't the sort to do anything subtly. It wouldn't take long before he'd gather a lot of attention so he could afford a few peaceful moments. When he felt ready, he pulled himself to his knees and grabbed the bars in front of him.

"Okay, I lied. C-come back you bastard!" he yelled to the hall, coloring his voice with desperation. He had enough experience with the real emotion to call on it easily enough. "Someone...hey someone....You can't treat me like this. Do you have any idea who my brother is?!" By now he had a guard's attention. Suppressing a smirk, Steel continued his game and spun lies on top of truth. Bursting out with hysterical laughter, he continued. "You people are so stupid. You tell that guy with the creepy eyes that he'll never get anything out of me! He's a robot, not a human being. He wouldn't know a gold mine if it shot him!"

Steel dropped back to the ground and continued laughing because it was hard to stop once he'd started. He knew he'd sold his lie when footsteps ran down the hall. He hung his head and waited for results, slowly getting his false hysteria under control.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:31 AM

Lee had been alone for a small amount of time when someone entered. Expecting one of the soldiers from the surface compound, he was rather surprised to see one of his guards. "The new spy is spewing a good amount of nonsense. I think you would like to come." Nodding, Lee stood, smiling inwardly at Dustin's swift and believable performance. But he didn't underestimate the man. Walking heavily to announce his arrival, though he could already hear Dustin's dying laughter.

"What's going on here?" He demanded, glaring Dustin's way. "What is it!?" He snapped at the guard nearest to him.

"Ah, the prisoner was going on about... his brother? And speaking of being unaware of a gold mine. These were directly aimed at you, I believe, sir."

"Me...? Hm."

"Sir, you need to speak with the general as soon as possible."

"I'm fully aware of that!" Lee snapped, glaring back toward Dustin. "I want you to listen to me carefully: I will deal with this. If I am told of any of you touching this spy without my consent I will personally split your hides. Are we under a full understanding?" Lee stared at his guards, and they all nodded once. "Good. Leave him! Ignore his screams and threats, they are empty. But they will do well to despair the others in this cell block."

They nodded again, looking down as Lee passed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 04:13 AM

Steel was just getting his laughter under control when Lee returned with the guard that had run of earlier. He didn't hear them approach because his heart was racing after his little performance. "I won't tell you anything," he muttered into his arms. He only looked up slightly, catching Lee's eye before the other man barked some orders and walked away. Steel let out a sigh of relief, but he knew he couldn't relax totally out of his lie. No one got so desperate and hysterical, then perfectly relaxed. He made sure to throw out some angry screams and more than colorful threats every now and then.

The acting was tiresome, but he also got a certain amount of joy in knowing he'd manipulated people. He knew how to twist people into his game with a few well places words and emotions. People were so ready to believe what they wanted to hear. He knew lying wasn't something he should get joy out of, but he had few other talents to pride himself on. Eventually keeping the act up tired him too much and he curled up against a wall to sleep and wait. He knew Lee had other things to do, but Steel did not. Waiting for him to come back was all Steel had to look forward to.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 AM

In the general's barracks, Lee was situated on a rather uncomfortable seat in front of a very stern man. His thick hands were folded over themselves. "Lee. Are you sure this is legitimate information? The American could have simply spewed out this news to stop the torment."

"Creative thinking is greatly hindered in a situation like what I provide. If he were lying it would have been blatantly obvious. When a torment grows too terrible for an unconditioned body to handle, it will force them to speak the truth, but if they try to lie, I would have noticed very easily."

"And you're sure?"

"Sir, you would not have given me this position were I never sure. And if on the off-chance I may be wrong, we lose no more than a few hours of our time and give a group a nice walk."

The general sighed and nodded. "Very well. But I want to ask---how goes the newest prisoner?"

"Until recently he's been very stubborn. But I think the isolation and lack of sunlight are beginning to erode him. He's very strong, however---I intend to begin isolated torture this evening."

"Rare of you, Lee." The man said, standing. Lee followed suit.

"Perhaps, yes. But there is something... about him. He speaks cryptically and I think I can decode his gibberish if I control the environment."

The general nodded, seeing Lee off with a hand. Nodding in turn, Lee turned and exited the tent, nearly breathing a sigh of relief.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 AM

Just like every time Steel slept, he dreamt of the lake. The dream sequence switched back to its usual sunny afternoon, but details were clearer this time. He saw the writing ALA on the boat's side and two pairs of wet footprints drying on top of the wood surface. He lay on his back and someone lay next to him. They spoke, but in the funny way that dreams had, he heard no words. It was an improvement from the other dreams though. When he woke, he clung to every detail from the dream. It may not have changed much, but it was also the first conversation happened at all in his memory dream. Steel had the feeling that the dream was shifting. It might not happen immediately, but it wanted to change and that was the first step.

Time may have had little meaning in the cell, but he now had a reason to watch it and keep sane. He counted the minutes in his head and scratched a mark in the soil to signal each one. Assuming he wasn't more off than he thought he was, it was getting late in the day. He had just made an especially long mark to signal evening when he heard footsteps in the hall. He shuffled down and curled up to feign sleep after a long day of being hysterical. Hopefully the feet were coming for him.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 AM

His boots fell heavily with each step, purposefully making himself sound more intimidating than he was. When guards passed the prisoners' sells, the ones that could move about shrank back and the ones that were laid out shuddered and turned away. Normally he didn't even look at the prisoners, but today he did from the corner of his eye. They looked pained. Horrified. Tormented. He glared forward, passing a guard and catching him, bringing him along with the rest.

They stopped just before Dustin's cell. "I want to make something perfectly clear." He said to the ones following. "And I want you to post a bulletin along each wall and entrance after I dismiss you all." He breathed in, straightening his back. "The prisoner in B-112 is mine. He will be spoken to by me. He will be tortured by me. He will be interacted with by me. There is something in him that he refuses to give, and I will be the one to work for it. If anyone touches him, if anyone does anything beyond give him food or water at his designated times, I will ruin you. Let this second warning stand and give me the wrist binds." He referred to the shackles that one of the guards held, and took them.

"Now get going! If anyone even thinks about working on an escape plan you make sure they regret every moment of it." From his pocket, Lee pulled a ring of keys each labeled with the cells' numbers. Many places made a dreadful mistake---they made one lock for all the cells, and had multiple keys lying about or hooked to the outside of their clothing where prisoners could take them. But with the individual keys, it was harder to quickly snatch them and unlock the cell. Lee pushed the door aside, stepping in as the guards dispersed. "Stand up." He said, glancing around. They had gone off, mostly to spread the word and begin their rounds. "They're pretty scared of me, Dustin, anything I say, they'll do." That was one positive of being referred to as Mr. Misery, at least.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 07:24 AM

Steel watched Lee and the guards with a wary eye. He never quite made eye contact, but he absorbed in every detail of what was going on. At least his waiting was over with. They could do something--talk, whatever. He didn't care at this point. Anything was better that sitting around like this. He could still feel his anxiety boiling under the surface though. He wouldn't show it while the guards were there, but he knew where he was about to go and it weighed heavily on his mind.

"I think they have the right idea being scared of you," Steel said quietly once he was alone with the other man. He heard the tone Lee talked to the guards with. There was something about him that instilled fear. Steel found that he was less afraid of Lee than he was of the guards though. Something deep down kept him calm, so that he was able to stand up without hesitation. He looked right at Lee, not backing down, but otherwise not moving. He lifted his hands. "Are you going to put those wrist binds on me now?" A slight raise of an eyebrow. He knew Lee would. They were supposed to be prisoner and interrogator after all.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:59 AM

Lee simply nodded at the question, clasping the shackles around Dustin's left wrist and cuffing his arms behind him. This way it would be difficult to maneuver should someone try to break away and escape. He directed Dustin out of the cell and closed it behind him, locking it and putting the keys back into his pocket. He moved Dustin down two long halls devoid of doors, then another that was lined with four. He went to the back, opening the last one on the left and pushing Dustin lightly, following quickly and closing and barring the door. With a single motion he unhooked Dustin's hands and traded the metal for rope that had been hanging in the corner of the room, tying it around his wrists and cinching them together. "Struggle around with that for a while so it looks like I've tied you from the ceiling. Rope burns are uncomfortable but they happen during... these 'interrogations'..." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Dustin... Think back. Do you remember a game we used to play? We made it similar to truth or dare but we took out the option for truth and simply dared each other to do something relevant to the area we were in. We'd call it 'bet you wouldn't' and we'd figure out stupid things to see if the other person would do it." He chuckled at the thought, and shook his head, glancing at Dustin. He doubted the man would remember, but it was worth a try.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 AM

Steel followed silently with his eyes down as they walked. The trained part of him counted steps though and memorized the walk. He didn't try to stop that part of him either because even though he trusted Lee now, he never knew when he'd need all the information he could get about this prison. He let out a small breath of relief when his hands were freed again, but the relief didn't have much of a life. Not that he expected anything less. He stared down at his wrists, then strained them against the ropes. It gave him something to do while he thought. Not that the thinking did him any good.

"Sorry...I don't remember," he said with a shrug of one shoulder. He tried remembering, but all he was giving himself was a headache. "It does sound like a game I would play though. It sounds...fun." There was a part of him that could almost remember such a game, but he didn't know if he was really remembering anything or just making up memories for himself because he so badly wanted them.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 AM

Lee sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I guess it was a long shot. But worth a try. I remember every game we played. It took up a lot of our nights and school breaks. One I remember most of all is when you said I wouldn't sneak into my parents' liquor cabinet and steal something... I proved you wrong and we took it to the lake, then buried the bottle near the old boat." He laughed despite their situation, remembering the day after. It had been hard to act natural after that. "Ah, well... That was a pretty bad example..." He covered his eyes with a hand, shaking his head.

It would be a challenge, trying to help Dustin recall. Trying to understand how he could forget so much. "You used to make fun of my last name because I had a Russian father." He said after a moment. "Saying you thought it was so weird that I had a somewhat normal, but still China-based first name and a Russian last name." He knew Dustin wouldn't remember that---but he had to bring it up. Remembering it was too hard not to mention.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 AM

A smile lifted Steel's face just slightly as he listened to Lee's story. Such light-hearted and rebellious fun. He loved the idea that he had been such a person, as compared to the child he remembered who followed his brother like a puppy and loved to win competitions. Something about the tale nagged at him though. Burying a bottle near the boat. Suddenly his dream flashed back with enough clarity that Steel actually thought he was at the lake. Soil piled around his knees from where it had been displaced, and that hole. Steel shook his head, clearing the memory away with a baffled look on his face.

"That liquor bottle makes me think of something, but I don't know if it's related though..." he said with a soft sigh. He still didn't know what to do with that memory. "Something buried out by the lake. I think I dug it up a year or so ago, after my hometown burned." He shook his head again. He didn't want to explain any of the dream in detail while he didn't yet understand it. "It's important, I'm sure. I remember it, not any of this little stuff."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 AM

Lee's attention was piqued immediately. "You dug it up?" Was it the jar they had buried years ago? The one they'd put some generally non-consequential items in, then buried it, calling it an unreliable little time machine? "So it survived? Do you remember what was in it...?" It had been a big pickle jar, one he'd saved from the trash when his parents were going to throw it out. And he and Dustin had cleaned it out, took it to the lake. He remembered it all, but wanted Dustin to tell him.

"No... Do you remember anything? Anything at all, Dustin, not just that jar, but... anything... A friend? Fishing trip? Some random walk home from school one day? There's got to be something, you just have to keep linking things. If you remember the jar, you can think back. Connect the dots---it's not impossible, but it takes a lot of brainpower." Dustin had to remember. Lee didn't want it to crumble in front of him, or even begin reinstalling a friendship he'd been a part of for so long before they'd been ripped apart.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 AM

Slowly rolling his shoulders in a shrug, Steel was silent for a minute. He was trying to think. He could almost touch the memory, feel that jar in his hands. The image went black and cloudy when he tried to remember more though and he pressed the heel of his hand against his forehead. Was it all the thinking or something more that gave him a headache when he tried to remember? "I don't know. The dream was a mess, confusing. I woke up before I opened the jar. I feel like my memories are in there, but..."

He dropped his hand although his head still hurt with a distant throb. It was the sort of pain he could put out his mind with ease. "I remember a lot of things. There are just these holes though, and I didn't even realize half of them were there until I met you. I didn't know there was a person I was missing and now when I try to remember, my head just hurts. What the hell. I am trying, but just thinking is doing me no good!" He was losing his cool and getting irritated even though he knew Lee was trying to help. Steel's anger was really for himself.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 AM

Lee's gaze grew hard. "Okay, I get it. I get it. I don't know what erased your memory so damn... so specifically, but damn it, I'll help you figure it out. I don't know how you can remember so much, but not... me. Not me and what we've done and the things we talked about. I guess I'm just taking it too personally..." He sighed, going to Dustin and using his knife to cut the ropes that had been so tightly knotted around his wrists. "You'll have to turn around. The whip I tend to use cuts the skin and I'll have to put some wounds on your back. But I'll have the medic take care of them so they don't get infected... it can be pretty rough down here..."

"I really don't want to do this..." Lee growled, gritting his teeth. "Are you ready?" He didn't doubt Dustin had had plenty of worse things happen to him, but actually hurting his longtime friend---no matter how little Dustin actually, actively remembered---hurt as if he were the one about to be cut.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 AM

Steel was actually happy when Lee decided it was time to play torturer. It meant he didn't have to think anymore. As much as he wanted to recover his memories, dealing with pain was easier and more comfortable. The sight of a knife should have made him nervous. It normally did, but he just sighed and rubbed his wrists after they had been freed. He turned to offer his back to Lee.

"I'm ready. Really, I told you I can take a little pain," he said without any fear. He wanted the other man to know he wasn't afraid. Then, he hesitated and looked back at Lee. He wanted to say this with eye contact even when he wasn't the kind of person that liked eye contact outside of when he lied. "Despite myself, I trust you. It's strange for me to be like this, but there's something about you. Maybe something in my subconscious does remember you and that's why I don't care if you hurt me." He shook his head, but everything he said was true. He quickly turned away again, readying himself.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:12 PM

Lee closed his eyes, shaking his head. "Yeah, well... just because you can trust me doesn't mean I can trust myself..." He sighed out a breath. "Or forgive myself." He bit his lip, using the tip of the blade to cut through Dustin's flesh with long, swift strikes, keeping him steady should he shudder when the knife touched him or in response to the swift tears. Lee could almost hear the skin come apart in strategically placed lines, some overlapping and others falling across his shoulders.

When he backed away, Lee leaned his blade and grimaced at the wounds that looked very much like whip wounds. Some were deeper than others, a few were no more than light scratches. "God... That hurt more than I thought it would..." Shaking his head, Lee pocketed the blade and turned Dustin around. "I'll take you to the medic before you go back to your cell... Just keep up that acting ability and no one will suspect a thing." He went to the door, unlocking and opening it and motioning for Dustin to approach so he could cuff his hands behind his back again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-21-2014, 03:39 AM

When the knife bit into his skin, Steel it down on his lip hard enough to draw to draw blood, but he didn't react in any other way. He tensed and made no noise. If he just closed his eyes and forgot about he pain, then it would all be over in a second. And it was. The swift moves of the knife meant Steel was opening his eyes again and taking a steadying breath. He looked right at Lee and saw the expression there, which stole his breath away again.

"What's with that look?" he asked quietly as he offered a smile. He didn't expect Lee to look so messed up by something like this. Steel was the one who should have looked hurt. "I thought this was your job. Don't look at me like you're hurt. Like I said, it's your job. We're both doing what we have to do." He walked over to Lee with his pathetic excuse of a smile still on his face. Was he really someone so special to Lee that a man like that would hurt to give a little pain like this? The thought gave Steel a little hope. He let himself be cuffed as he erased the true emotions from his face so he could go back to acting.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Lee shook his head hard. "I don't care if I have to do it, you might as well cut my ear off as opposed to have me willingly inflict pain on someone I cared about so much, and still do." He pushed Dustin out of the room, slamming the door and handling him rather roughly. It was in part to keep up the act, but he felt a bit of a grudge now. Dustin remembered something, and remembered it well, the lake of all places, their favorite location. If he could remember the lake, why couldn't he remember Lee? Why did he forget? And what made him forget? It was condensed to a very specific manner, holes in the memory that revolved around Lee, it seemed. He wanted to force himself to think that it was intentional, but he wasn't sure if it was. Why would someone want Dustin to forget about someone so close, after all?

He manhandled Dustin all the way to where his cell was, then past it, taking him through another corridor and to a white door. Pushing it open, he pushed Dustin in. It was a sterile room, all white, with a few beds with restraints and a few cabinets across the other side. "Zen." He said curtly, referring to the man at a desk nearby, who stood. "Patch this one's whip injuries and don't cause unnecessary pain." He pushed Dustin forward, and Zen nodded, taking Dustin as Lee stepped out of the room, closing the door and sighing shakily. He avoided the guards on patrol, walking quickly back to his office and locking the door, half-collapsing in his chair and putting his head down. He hated this difficult turn of events.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Steel fell silent as much because they were in the hall as he had nothing to say. He was ninety percent sure now that Lee was someone he did know. He felt strangely happy when Lee said he cared for him. Hadn't stopped caring even though Steel couldn't remember him. Remembering the feelings that came to him when he first saw Lee's tattoo, he figured he also cared about the other man. Why? Why everything? There were too many questions to properly answer. He hoped he was actually making progress with his memories, but he wasn't really the person who could best say that.

When he was left in the obnoxiously white room with a person named Zen, Steel kept his head down and let himself be patched up. He didn't need to try hard to appear angry and in pain, though the emotions were completely unrelated to the wounds on his back. He didn't pay attention to time while he was there and only came out of his thoughts when someone grabbed his arm and dragged him to his feet. He was taken back to his cell and he dropped down onto the ground that was starting to get familiar. He stretched out on his stomach, ignoring how his back still stung. He still had a lot of thinking to do.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:45 AM

Lee put his head down against the cool desk and closed his eyes. He shook visibly since he didn't grit his teeth to keep it inside, and growled to himself. He just had to have been so desiring of his parents' approval. He just had to join the military. He just had to be the warden of this underground Hell and the best at gradual torment, as if he weren't even human. He hadn't thought about it until now. He had removed the name and face from the person he watched being interrogated or even inflicted the pain on, an went to a different place in his mind when the man or woman cried out. He didn't associate pain with it. But now he couldn't escape it. He grimaced, pressing his hand against his head when a knock at the door sounded. It took a moment, but Lee stood, going to unlock and open it.

One of his guards stood with his gun at the ready. "You're requested on the east tower, they're short a pair of eyes."

"Again?" Lee sighed, taking the gun, which was a high powered sniper rifle. The guard nodded, looking as if he were a misbehaving child being scolded. "Fine, fine. You keep the others in order, don't touch the prisoners unless they're acting up and keep up tonight's feeding schedule." The guard nodded, stepping back so Lee could leave his office, and he slung the gun over his back, passing the cells and looking in as he did so. They were sleeping, drawing in the dirt, leaning against the wall. He looked in on Dustin but didn't pause to speak to him or even acknowledge him. He couldn't right now.