Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 AM

@Cookie: lol I use Yahoo so it's a clutterfest in there. >__<;;
Can't be bothered with sorting through everything. xD;;

Haha, I deleted a couple of fics that I had on there because it's been over two years since I last updated and I don't see myself ever getting around to updating them anymore. Posted a new one that seems to be the most popular of my fics but again I haven't updated that one in over a year. I have the next chapter pretty much written out already but just couldn't get myself to posting it up because I have no idea how to continue it. >__>;

What's Archive of Our Own like? Heard about it but haven't checked it out before. :o

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:09 AM

@Cuppy - I can't even tell you the last time I was on ff.net, but I use adblock on both of my browsers so it doesn't really affect me much.

I read fanfiction either on Livejournal or on Ao3. Even though there's some fic on tumblr, I just hate reading it there. Some tumblr formats are just so godawful, it's like the days of Myspace customization all over again. No! I don't want music to start autoplaying and oh god, those colors are so eye burninating and your cursors has freaking twinkles. Argh!

@Fading - Change to gmail. It will change your life! XD

I don't like deleting my stuff. Even if I don't like it or never update it again, there are people that still go back and read it and I don't want to let them down by making it poof.

Archive of our own is way more organized than FF.net. At first the writing quality was super high, but it's since come down a bit as more and more people join and there's been a flood of people from various kink memes and tumblr that have a less quality writing style....or are just full of bullshit drabbles and clutter up the tags because they think they can tag their fics like they tag their tumblrs and tags just don't work that way! *sighs dramatically* But anyway, the tags make it a lot easier to find things that you like when people use them properly. You should give it a poke :D

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 07-08-2013 at 03:14 AM..

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
@Cookie: lol I use Yahoo so it's a clutterfest in there. >__<;;
Can't be bothered with sorting through everything. xD;;

Haha, I deleted a couple of fics that I had on there because it's been over two years since I last updated and I don't see myself ever getting around to updating them anymore. Posted a new one that seems to be the most popular of my fics but again I haven't updated that one in over a year. I have the next chapter pretty much written out already but just couldn't get myself to posting it up because I have no idea how to continue it. >__>;

What's Archive of Our Own like? Heard about it but haven't checked it out before. :o
Its basically FFN only no ads a nice community, and you can download fanfics so you can persay read them on the go on your phone or ipod

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 AM

Hiya wallflowers<3!!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 AM

Oh yeah. They do have that awesome function. That's how I've been downloading fics and putting them on my Nook :D

Hi Whiwhi :D How are you?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 AM

I'm tempted to get a new Gmail account...my last account's name is so tedious to type out. ;;

And cool! Archive of Our Own sounds good, I'll give it a go later when I run out of stuff to read on my FFN page.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 AM

I'm okie dokie... a little tired, my ferocious new kitten is keeping me up How are you? :D

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 AM

Dooooo it. You will be very happy with the way you can organize things. I have a yahoo account too and I tried to do similar things to organize it and you just can't! After being able to filter my mail and skip the inbox and all that like I do now, I just can't imagine doing it another way. And better yet, since you're just starting out, you can begin filtering at once instead of having it build up and having to sort through it later :D

You'll never run out on ff.net silly, but you should still give Ao3 a go. You'll find yourself visiting ff.net less I bet....as long as your fandom(s) is/are active on Ao3. Not all fandoms are.

@Whiwhi - I'm ok. Considering a shower. I still smell like work! I don't want to smell like work. Bleh.

Just enjoying chatting with my Mene peeps after being so lazy and not posting for so long too.

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 AM

hi whisper!

cookie: I think its one of the best features ever considering I have like 12 fics on my phone right now.....

Antagonist:coolio

Blah I have to pick classes tuesday and I only have like two picked out

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 AM

Haha, I'll think of a name to use on Gmail~ xD

Hm, I hope at least Harry Potter, Thor/Avengers, Naruto, or One Piece are active. One Piece probably not so much, it doesn't seem to be as popular as some of the other mangas.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:27 AM

@Cuppy - It is a good feature. It gives you a lot more options for reading. The only thing I really wish they'd do on Ao3 is clean up the tags so people stop tagging tumblr style. We really don't need tags like #I suck at summaries so I'm super sorry or #My best friend made me do it and she is a sillybillygoat! and whatever other stupid crap they clutter up the tags section with. I feel sorry for the tag wranglers who have to try to organize that crap. If you want to make tags like that, stay on tumblr!

@Fading - Make sure it's one you want to keep. You are so fickle with names!

Thor/Avengers definitely busy. Harry Potter probably as well, it's still a big fandom. Not sure on the anime ones, I haven't poked them lately, or at all. XD

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:27 AM

Well I know the avengers one is active. Naruto is well naruto pairing heavy, but I don't really check on the other two that much so my insight of those isn't all that great

Cookie: Yeah those tags can get crazy I wish there as a feature in the search where I could search length and last update.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 AM

Bahaha yeah I know. ;;; I need to find a name that I like enough and settle down with it!

...Damn. I'm hoping for more non-romance stories. For Naruto, for some reason, there's a huge amount of harem fics on FFN and I HATE harem fics. I hope that if it's going to be a pairing fic it'll focus on non-romance stuff or not-harem.

But I'll be happy with the Avengers stuff.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 AM

@Cuppy - Those tags are ridiculous. *huffs*

There is. On the sort and filter bar, just sort by word length and the default is always most recently updated.

@Fading - Pick something not too fandom drenched maybe? That might help.

Gen fic is a lot harder to find, I admit. A great bulk of fic writers are females and a great bulk of female fan writers are into shipping and romance and such. Gen still exists, it's just buried under a crap ton of shippiness!

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:40 AM

Yeah I don't know why but everyone just wants to see everyone bang everyone else in naruto

Actually it doesn't do both at the same time at least not for me

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 AM

I've been lazy on here too lol... I always work though, now that I am full time ): I should get on Menewsha at work! I would get nothing accomplished then

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 AM

Sometimes the other characters bag each other XD

@Whiwhi - Yeah, probably not a good thing. They'll pull you aside and be like "Sorry Whiwhi, your productivity has fallen below expectation. You're fired!"

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 07-08-2013 at 03:49 AM..

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 AM

lol they don't fire people where I work I wish they did, because some of the people I work with are LOUSY. but our HR is really strict about firing people. The managers only take out their frustration by restricting hours lol..

I work in retail, so there's no way I would be able to get on, unless I was working on my Merch book

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 AM

They're too lenient on people where I work, not firing them when they should. My manager's a bit of a softy and keeps giving them second and third chances and we always end up getting screwed because of it. *sighs*

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 AM

so uh how bot them bears?

mhmm trying to lighten the mood....I don't think its working

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 AM

What kind of bears? Black bears, panda bears, teddy bears?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
@Fading - Pick something not too fandom drenched maybe? That might help.

Gen fic is a lot harder to find, I admit. A great bulk of fic writers are females and a great bulk of female fan writers are into shipping and romance and such. Gen still exists, it's just buried under a crap ton of shippiness!
I'm only into fandoms mostly though. I haven't read anything original in a while. Maybe I'll try and look for something interesting later.

lol Yeah. I've tried reading some stories by male writers but for some reason the ones I've read all just sound...weird. The story's good but the words they use just seem very stiff, if that makes sense. Or they're harem fics. Always the goddamn harem fics. *facedesk*

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 AM

teddy bears of course!

guh harem fics are just guh

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:11 AM

I really hate them. The harem are just a bunch of objectified people who don't even have any personality left to them anymore. They just fawn all over their lover and do little else.

cuppycake_geek
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 AM

blah guh gross! just guh! I hate when they do that! Or when they make only one character the opposite sex then leave the rest the characters the same sex! I mean come on!