Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 09:28 AM

So about 10 years ago, Mene started opening for user submitted avvie items, and teenage me thought that'd be cool as hell, so started learning pixel art. I didn't stick with it really, but then about five years ago I developed chronic pain in my hand that means I can't draw with a pencil anymore. Out of frustration of not being able to make art, I picked up pixel art again.
I'm still not incredible at it, but I can make little things, and express artistic ideas I have without putting myself through heaps of pain.
So, yeah. thanks for opening me up to a skill I didn't know I'd need I really appreciate it.

Here's some of my art:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 06:44 PM

Ooh I really love this! Thank you so much for sharing Bearzy!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 06:45 PM

Awww, that's so sweet! ; w; That's too bad about the chronic pain. ; o; What do you use to make the pixel art? A mouse? O: That's pretty cool pixel art~

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-20-2022, 09:00 AM

wow, that's so cool! i can relate, i always really looked up to the pixel artists on Mene, but i thought it looked so impossibly hard to do so i stayed away from it. but recently, i'd gotten really blocked with regular art and lost all inspiration, so i thought i would try pixeling to try to bring something new into the situation, and now all i ever want to draw is pixel art

here's something i made recently, it's part of an art trade, and the character belongs to https://toyhou.se/LizarddInLavender

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 12:11 AM

Hey that's not a bad start at all! I really like it [^_^]

I'm sorry to hear about your hand though. I have tendonitis in my right hand so I can only work in short doses on art these days myself. So I feel your pain a bit through the screen even thinking about it. I'm glad you found a medium that works with you and not against you.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-08-2023, 08:10 PM

As an old gamer it's really nice to see new people embracing and old art form. Even if in the world of art it's still new.

Sweet planet.

x.

Old 02-12-2023, 06:44 PM

Pretty! I like the colors and details. Keep at it!