I pray to the winds, let my message be guided
All of my fears will have slowly subsided
I’ll be waiting, my love, by the ends of the vale
Allow me this time so these thoughts may prevail

Two hundred years have but war never seen
And all on the while we have lived without mean
Hush now, my darling, we have waited this long
The future begins just tomorrow at dawn

Welcome to Vale, the golden city of the Central Kingdoms. Known for her intelligence and diversity, she is the knowledge capital of commerce between neighboring Ceria and Nighton. Though relatively small in size, her defensive capabilities are vast, as she borders the Great Northern Sea and the Liran Forest. For 200 years, Ceria, Vale and Nighton have lived in peace and cooperation, allied together against any force that threatened the safety of the Kingdoms…

Edge of the Vale is a semi literate and fairly strict role playing community. We take to heart both imagination and creativity, so we value the input of members and viewers alike. However, due to its nature and that it’s restricted to a specific storyline we are extremely picky on who is allowed to join and who is not. This is to ensure that the community stays on course and remains enjoyable for those who truly enjoy and wish to partake in such an imaginative tale.

If you’d like to join, please keep reading for further information on rules, how to join, and storyline details.

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 AM

Part of what makes this community strict is the rules in which you must abide by. However, these rules are not in place to scare you or discourage you, they are here to ensure that the story runs smoothly and without interruption. You’ll find there are many rules, but these rules are simple and easy to adhere by.

Rule Breaking:
If you do break a rule, depending on the severity and the intent, punishment will range from a warning to permanent shunning. An example of an excusable mistake is if you for some reason forgot to post in third person, or perhaps you forgot another simple posting rule. An immediate ban would be if you were to God Mod, or flame another user in an unforgivable manner. I am fairly lenient on these rules, but please note that if you break them on multiple occasions, you will also be removed.

Rule Number One
-This forum is for role playing ONLY. If you wish to speak out of character, post in the OOC thread and not in this one. Even if you are in the process of role playing, if you have a question, you are NOT to ask it in here.-

General Posting:
These are basic guidelines to the best way to ensure organization and comprehensibility. The breaking of these rules will consist in warning. However, if these rules are broken on multiple occasions, you will be asked to leave the community for fear of disruption.

1- Always post in third person all knowing
2- At the beginning of every post, provide the avatar picture of your character to avoid confusion
3- You are in control of your character, and your character alone. If you choose to interact with one of the NPCs in an appropriate fashion at the appropriate time, make your advance, and they will respond to you. You are not in charge of their actions.
4- All NPC posts will be made by my mule, and will be shown with their appropriate avatars as well.
5- Under no circumstances may you change the scene or alter the upcoming events. Your role is purely interaction with the already in place characters and events.

Posting Basics:
These are the rules for what you may and may not say and do in your posts. Many of these are also lenient rules and will result in warnings, but some of them will result in immediate banning, so be wary.

1- You may never control any inhuman force or situation. You are not the God in this world; you are simply a citizen with no powers (until further noted).
2- There is no killing of other members or NPCs, period.
3- Your character may interact with NPCs, but you may not take on the rule of an NPC to respond to your character.
4- Only interact with NPCs if it is an appropriate scene. For example, don’t talk to the king if you’re sitting in a Tavern. More than likely, he’s not there, so people will just think you’re crazy talking to yourself.
5- You are required to enjoy yourself. Not ands or buts.

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:51 AM

This post is dedicated to the process of creating your character. Simple rules and guidelines have been set to avoid confusion and disorganization. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me privately.

Rules

1- Rule number one in any case, do not post in this thread unless you are role playing, meaning your account has already been created AND ACCEPTED.
2- Privately message your character application to me. Again, DO NOT post it in this thread.
3- Unless I have personally given you the go ahead for an accepted profile, your character is not a part of this community.
4- Special powers and abilities will be assigned at a later notice.
5- You may only have one form, and this form must be humanoid. No animals or furry anthros, please. This will result in an automatic rejection.
6- Once accepted, you will be given a drawn avatar of your character that must be placed at the beginning of every post you make. You may not make your own. No exceptions.
7- Fill out the form as it is. Please do not remove anything. If you wish to add more, feel free.
8- You may NOT use the appearance of a popular anime character.

Application

Code:
Character Name: (Full name. Do not dare tell me it’s unknown)
Character Age: (Again, don’t tell me unknown. Reasonable ages only. You are not 1,000 years old, sorry. If you are over the age of 18, your wings will be preset by me, based on your character’s personality.)
Zodiac Sign: (English Zodiac.)
Character Appearance: (In detail or large picture. Remember, you may not use the appearance of an anime character.)
Personality: (A basic overview of how your character acts and responds to things around them.)
Family: (Parent history. Do you have siblings? How many and how old are they? What are your parents’ professions?)
Profession: (This only applies if your character is over the age of 18. If so, how do you make your living? Are you a blacksmith? Are you an engineer? Are you a tailor? Are you a thief?)
Other Notes: (Place anything else into here you feel I have failed to mention.)

Last edited by Roah; 06-10-2008 at 08:42 PM..

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 AM

History of Vale

Known for her intelligence and diversity, she is the knowledge capital of commerce between neighboring Ceria and Nighton. Though relatively small in size, her defensive capabilities are vast, as she borders the Great Northern Sea and the Liran Forest. Offensively, she is relatively weak when it comes to close hand combat, but her military leadership is highly revered. For this reason, Vale is often sought to to lead the troops of Nighton and Ceria in war.

Her hierarchy consists of both King Kurthga and Queen Nill. Kurthga is attributed to the wings of the Eagle, as he was once a great general of war. The previous King announced him as his heir just before death. Nill is furnished with Angelic wings. Although she is beautiful and wise, her justness over triumphs her other attributes. While Kurthga rules much of the Kingdom, it is widely known and accepted that Nill oversees the judicial practices.

Last edited by Roah; 06-10-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 AM

History of Nighton

Nighton lies on the western plains, near the great swamps of Iresh. The Kingdom is often times called "elusive", as there is little in the history books of its past. It is also criticized as a refuge for convicted and escaped criminals of both Vale and Ceria. The population is generally made up of those of the Bats, and is notorious for its rather...unconventional sentry.

This Kingdom has one ruler by the name of Naeslio, who's neglect and ruthlessness has lead the cities to darkness. So cold is he said to be, that the sun can no longer break through the dark clouds and shine upon Nighton. He is, however, a valuable ally in times of need. Though many people believe a rebellion is near, Naeslio is kept in his place by Ceria and Vale, in fear and contempt. For he knows if he were ever to break his place in the world, he would be easily crushed by the neighboring Kingdoms.

Last edited by Roah; 06-10-2008 at 08:41 PM..

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 AM

History of Ceria

The oldest Kingdom in knowledgeable existence, Ceria is the Golden City of Age, massive in both size and population. She lies to the Southern Cape, with the Epitaph Mountains to the East, and nothing but open pastures to the West. Ceria is the military leader of the world, with well rounded soldiers, both combat and ranged.

Thought relatively old, King Tiburn and Queen Lilliphus rule the land with iron fists. Tiburn is of the Eagle tribe, and Lilliphus, beautiful and graceful, is of the Butterflies. They are said to be some of the most influential leaders in recent times, as their Kingdom has flourished under their rule.

Last edited by Roah; 06-11-2008 at 05:10 PM..

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 AM

Wings

The citizens of the Central Kingdoms all undergo a ritual on their 18th birthday. Friends and family gather around the new adult in the fields on the edge of town, and watch as they grow their pair of wings. Every pair of wings has its own significance, and is determined solely upon your personality and the way you have lived your life up to that point. The birth right of the promise of wings signifies the transition into adulthood, and grants the person citizen rights and abilities. Below are listed the only known types that have been recorded in history.

Angel:
Angelic wings signify purity and goodness of heart. They are associated with the element of light, and the attached person is said to hold great healing and smiting capabilities. The Angelic are often used as medics during war.

Eagle:
Eagle wings are granted to the most intelligent of people. These people hold vast powers in the element of water, and are very efficient military leaders. Most of the generals and head figures throughout the Kingdoms have Eagle wings.

Bat:
Bat wings appear on the mischievous and cunning. They attain the power of dark and shadows, and can summon shadowed illusions to fight with. Those with the wings of the Bat make excellent spies and sentries.

Butterfly:
Butterfly wings are fragile and delicate, and therefore are shown upon the most beautiful of people. Much of the time, people mistake these beautiful creatures to be worthless and of no more use than eye candy, but they hold the power of air, and air is highly unstable. These people are not weak, but it’s difficult to persuade their powers into working at full strength. For this reason, they are best used as ranged fighters.

Phoenix:
Phoenix wings are made of pure flame and heat. These wings are leveled with fire, as these people are often times hot headed and irrational. They people act on pure emotion and strength. Because of this, they make excellent brawlers and warriors. These wings are known to give superb abilities in regeneration as well.

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:55 AM

NPCs

Nephenee -info coming later-

(image incomplete)

Euri

Kurthga

Nill

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:55 AM

User Characters

-coming soon-

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:56 AM

Current Events and Setting

-coming soon-

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:57 AM

Prologue

“Nephenee?”

The sun was setting just beyond the hills to the east. Nephenee sat perched upon a rock in the midst of the field at the edge of town. She was watching the sun set, singing as she ran her fingers through the soil beneath her. She gently plucked a sky blue forget-me-not and placed it into her lap, never taking her gaze from the mountains at the edge of the horizon:

I pray to the winds, let my message be guided
All of my fears will have slowly subsided
I’ll be waiting, my love, by the ends of the vale
Allow me this time so these thoughts may prevail

Two hundred years have but peace never seen
And all on the while we have lived without mean
Hush now, my darling, we have waited this long
The future begins just tomorrow at dawn

“Nephenee?”

Nephenee jumped from her seat and turned to face the voice. Her eyes met a pair of striking green.

“Oh, it’s you, Euri. You scared the hell out of me,” she said, speaking with a mixture of relief and annoyance.

Euri rubbed the back of his head in mild embarrassment, “Heh, sorry about that. You really out to stop singing that song though, people think it’s weird. What does that song mean anyway?”

“I don’t know. It’s just a song, I guess. My mother used to sing it to me before she died. By the way, what did you come here for?” She asked.

Euri’s eyes lit up. “Oh, right. The boats came in from the north this morning. King Kurthga is holding a ceremony to welcome them home. It’s not mandatory or anything, but I thought you might like to go.”

“I’d love to. Would you accompany me?” She held out her hand in request.

“But of course,” he smiled. He took the offered hand graciously and led her back towards the direction of the town.

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:57 AM

Links

-coming soon-

Roah
*^_^*

Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 AM

Extra

-in case of emergency-

Roah
*^_^*