malkut
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to malkut

Old 10-14-2007, 06:08 PM

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:09 PM

You walk into the shopping market, just as you usually do on Friday evening to do your shopping. There, at the front entry way there are the usual array of gumball machines, some having candy or random small toys available for as little as 25 gold. You sigh, and think to yourself “I remember when gum from one of those cost 5 gold.†As you start to head on with your shopping, a new machine catches your eye.

Instead of the traditional old, beaten up, red and chrome machine, there is one that is bright purple. In happy blue letters across the top it says “gashaponâ€. “What,†you think to your self, “in the world is gashapon?†As you move over for a closer look you see a sign that voices your very thoughts.

Well, that answers that question. You’re still not sure. You’d like to know what types of stuff come out of these machines before you decide to try your luck.....
[/color][/b]

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 PM

1. Read the entire first page before you post. This helps you get to know the pets and the shop, and will help answer your questions.
2. No stealing the art. (duh)! Not only will this get you immediately blacklisted when we find out, but we will let other shop owners know about you. Not a nice thing! Entering your pet in an art contest COUNTS AS THEFT. You are buying the right to show it in your signature or journal, not to take credit for this.
3. You MUST save to your own server because I delete them a week after they're fully grown.
4. No Begging Begging in thread or PM is annoying, and will be the quickest way (outside of theft) for you to be blacklisted and ignored!
5. Don't PM me with orders.Sales and questions all need to go in the forum.
6. Name your pet If you do not name your gashapon at either the gashapon or keychain stage (that gives you at least a week and a day), Dragon Bluey will name it for you.
6. Don't flame. It's not cool. (pun not intended)
7. Chatspeak is not a language! It doesn't matter if we understand what you're saying or not, your message WILL NOT be answered.
8. No excessive quoting. It makes the page look all icky.
9. No spamming/excessive bumping. This is against Mene's rules. Instead, RP or chat! You don't even have to have a pet to do so!
11. Don't harass the me. And let's extend that to the regulars as well. That's a quick way to getting ignored too.
12. Check for stock before you order We only have so many gashapons laying around to be filled...and we might need to reorder.
13. Obey all Menewsha ToS.
14. Read the rules Prove to me that you read the rules by pointing out the "mistake" in them.

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Gashapon go through three stages of life.

Capsule

When you first purchase your gashapon, you will receive a colored capsule. The color indicates what color your gashapon creature will eventually hatch to be. You can even see a little bit of your critter through the plastic container.

Keychain

Those capsules are HARD to get into! It may take a day or so before you manage it! But once you do, you’ll have a nifty little keychain of your creature. This is the stage where you name your creature, but the name does not show up on the cert until the final stage.

Critter

Oh no! You’ve only had your keychain about a week, and now it’s disappeared. And there’s some strange creature in its place! It’s about the same size, and it’s the same type of creature....could it possibly....? Nahhh.

(Growings for the previous week generally happen all in one day, so you could have slightly longer or shorter than a week to wait.)

Gashapon come in many types. Currently available are birds, cats, dogs, dolphins, dragons, ducks, elephants, ferrets, fish, frogs, foxes, giraffes, horses, koalas, lions, lizards, monkeys, penguins, and snakes. More will be available over time. Just as with a real gashapon machine, you DO NOT know what you will get until it comes out! You will have 56% chance of getting the one you want, but that still leaves a 44% chance that you may not. Be warned.

Each Monday, the stock starts at 10 Gashapons. When ten have been ordered, you must wait until the next Monday when stock has been replenished. There are currently NINE gashapon available for the rest of this week.

Due to requests for customization, there will be several varieties of gashapon you can get. The most basic is just that, a basic gashapon. With this you can select one or two colors you would like used, but not patterns. Special "new shop" rate for simple gashapons is 75g.

In order to buy a simple gashapon, please use the following form.

Code:
User Name: 
Color: 
I hope my gashapon is a: (here is what you put what you want to get. Only put ONE animal.)
Name:  (You can wait on this one until your gashapon opens, if you want.)

For a slightly more custom gashapon, you'll want to use the fancy form.n With it you'll get up to three colors, and some suggestion for patterns you want. Special "new shop" rate for fancy gashapons is 125g. If you plan to get more than one, you may use items as payment.

Code:
User Name: 
Color: 
Simple pattern: 
I hope my gashapon is a: (here is what you put what you want to get, only put ONE animal.)
Name:  (You can wait on this one until your gashapon opens, if you want.)
If you really want to do something fancy, you can contact me about a custom gashapon. In this case, you'll have a higher (but not 100%) chance of getting the creature you want. You'll be able to tell me patterns and colors, and there is a slight possibility of line art edits. Prices will depend on exactly how custom these will be, but will start in the 200g range. (Or if you love me, you can give me a monthly item....)

When you post the form, you MUST pick a random number from 1-40. If your post does not include the random number, I WILL ignore it.

After you post the form in the thread, please go ahead and deposit your gold into the slot (aka trade). Once the trade has cleared I will post your gashapon!

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM

You're in good company!
In order to have your pet stay linked in the owners list, please send me a link to where you have it saved within one week of it becoming and adult.

Owners:

XXRainbows/Mooshi Mooshi Kurake
Lilim/Pinta
Kadrias/???

Examples from another site:

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM

~Can I pick more than one animal?
Nope. The way gahsapon are randomized, you NEED to pick one animal. Your choice will be forfited (giving you equal chance for all animals) if you give more than one.

Can I order more than one at a time?
Yes. But please order them in separate posts, so that you can do the randomizer for each one.

What if I didn't get the pet I wanted, so I order again?
That's perfectly cool. In fact, if you're still going for the same animal, I'll take the one you've already gotten out of the possibilities, so you have a better chance of getting the one you want.

Can I work for you?
Please don't ask. If I need someone, I'll let everyone know, but right now I don't.

Are they breedable?
Not yet. We're working on that.

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

1birds 3 Cat
5 Dog 7 Dolphin
9 Dragon 11 Duck
13 Elephant 15 Ferret
17 Fish 19 Fox
21 Frog 23 Giraffe
25 Horse 27 Koala
29 Lion 31 Lizard
33 Monkey 35 Penguin
37 Rabbit 39 Snake

Even are requested animal.

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 PM

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Hey guys, welcome to the shop. I'm new here, but I've run this shop elsewhere, and it's been a hit, so I hope you all enjoy it.

And hopefully I'll have the gold to get dressed soon, so you don't have to keep seeing me all nudie-butt. ;D

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM

My Number: 34
Heyheyhey Mommy! You put two sixes in the rules! <3

User Name: XxRAiNBoWS
Color: Crimson
Simple pattern: Black spots<3
I hope my gashapon is a: GIRAFFEEEE
Name: Mooshi~Mooshi Kuraka <3

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 12:29 AM

Daughter's a good reader! YAY!

Lots and lots of people aren't good readers.

I'll fix yours up right quick, and edit it into this post. :-D

Done!

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 AM

THANK YOU MOMMYYY~

I love to read<3<3
And I'm GOOD at it~!
Thank you<3

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 AM

Reading's a good thing. It's brought me far in life. :-D

I bring a book with me just about everywhere I go. It's really helped me not be bored when everyone else around me is.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 AM

>w<

I read books so fast that sometimes when I do bring a book everywhere with me, I finish it before I really get bored...
Silly me! x3

So far, reading has brought me to year 13 in my life! :D
...Do you have any suggestions for me? ^~^'

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 AM

Depends on what type of stuff you like to read. I'm a huge fantasy and sci-fi fan, so I can help you out in that area. And I've got a few more realistic fiction-y types of books I like as well.

I'm also a fan of dystopian literature, like Lord of the Flies and The Jungle.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM

:D

I read everything besides teen diaries and teen drama!

-wonders if my library will have Lord of the Flies-

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 AM

It should have Lord of the Flies. It's a classic. It's about a group of British boys who end up stranded on an island alone, and the society they form. Quite interesting.

Lessee...as far as fantasy or sci-fi, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is great, though he just died, and the last book isn't out yet. It WILL be published, though...no one's quite sure yet when. Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series is also pretty good, until you get to about book 6, and then it looks like he's just never going to finish the series...ever. George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books are AWESOME! A bit bloody, and really political (in a fantasy sort of way), but really good.

As far as sci fi, if you want something light and funny, read the Stainless Steel Rat series by Harry Harrison. Anything by him is good (except maybe Bill the Galactic Hero...). Larry Niven is good if you want something with a little more hard science to it. Robert Heinlein is wonderful, though he can't write an ending to save his life...most of his books are better off stopping a chapter or two before the end. His Stranger in a Strange Land actually founded a religion.

That's it off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll come up with more later. :-D

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 AM

-eyes glaze over as I listen to you-

I just became a bibliophilic zombieee...

@~@
-wonders through the dark to my library-
I'll make sure to stop by there after school tomorrow<3

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 AM

Yay for bibliophile zombies. :-D

You're more likely to find Lord of the Flies there than the others, but you might. :-D

Oh, and if you haven't read Lord of the Rings, hop to! You have no excuse! lol.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 AM

Oh noooo!
I haven't!

But I have to finish a book for my reading class at school, fisrt...
Daughter of Venice!
That book REALLY makes me want some Venetian Saffron Sauce @w@

-makes a mental list of things to read-

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM

Ohh, saffron sauce.

Mmmmsaffron.

MMMMMindian food! Tika Masala! I'm hungry now!
And I see you has a DA account. I tackle!

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 10-15-2007, 01:23 AM

I've never had fancy food...

;~;

I want the first thing of elegance other than Turkish Delight in my mouth to be Saffron Sauce, in Venice!

dA account tackle? -tilts head-

malkut
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 AM

I left a comment for you. :D

I didn't actually get my first fancy food until about last year. I hail from a small town, where the fanciest we got was mexican.

And then I moved to the "big" city. (Well, big compared to where I was from, and it IS a state capitol, but it's not like New York or Chicago or anything...) And there's fancy food EVERYWHERE!