Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-03-2015, 02:57 AM

Hahaha, okay. Here is the boytoy I created.

I'm embarrassed to think about how long it took me to come up with his name, and it's not even that great of a name. (His middle name is Charles.) I also wasn't into the photo options - they've picked guys who are supposed to be both attractive and normal looking, I guess so that they don't look like they are out of your league. This particualr guy is fine, but not what I would pick for my dream-boyfriend. Because really, if I'm going to have a fake boyfriend, he should be my dream-boyfriend, otherwise what is the point?

As I say, they're not doing free texts anymore, so I haven't texted with him, and I'm not going to pay for the service. So, I won't really be playing with this boytoy.

However, I was very impressed with the list of gender options they provide for your own profile. They had a staggering 57 choices:

SPOILERX

Male
Female
Agender
Androgyne
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Genderfluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neutrois
Other
Neither
Non-binary
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

Last edited by Chexala; 02-03-2015 at 03:01 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 02-03-2015, 04:31 AM

What would your dream boy toy look like?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-03-2015, 05:20 PM

Severus Snape.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 02-03-2015, 11:50 PM

Is that a joke, because a) I do find Alan Rickman attractive and b) I never read the books or saw the movies

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-04-2015, 02:27 AM

Not a joke at all. ^^ Severus Snape is probably my favorite fictional character of all time, but mainly from the books. I love Alan Rickman as an actor, and agree that he is attractive, but he doesn't embody Snape to me.

I have to say, I'm impressed that you haven't read the books or seen the films. I don't encounter that often. :)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 02-04-2015, 03:03 AM

I just never got the fire under me. It seems like it's a really well done series though.

Snap e's got that men of the cloth look with the robes, right? Now there's a kink I don't like to bring up all that much....

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 02-04-2015 at 03:05 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 02-05-2015, 02:06 AM

Things have taken a dark turn
The 'Invisible Boyfriend' Who Dumped Me Won't Stop Texting

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-05-2015, 03:23 AM

Er....

Hard to tell if it's someone "abusing" the ap (either to sort of troll back or just because they're bored), communication wasn't made properly to the staffer that the account was closed, or if it's some sort of attempt at luring them back to the service.

Unless the second option, it's skivvy as.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-05-2015, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I just never got the fire under me. It seems like it's a really well done series though.

Snap e's got that men of the cloth look with the robes, right? Now there's a kink I don't like to bring up all that much....
As an adult, when I reread the HP series, I can see all sort of problems with the writing and plotting, so at this point I would say that the "magic" of the series really comes from the world-building and the characters. If neither of those things grab you, it probably won't be worth the effort.

I never thought of Snape as being particularly priestly, but his costume design in the films certainly leans that way, now that I think about it. ^^

Kinda creepy about that Invisible Boyfriend though.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 02-05-2015, 05:32 AM

Oh, I'm almost sure it's marketing. But it's the real life echoes that are unsettling.

It's... It's a good look.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 AM

Haha, yes, it can be a good look.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-01-2015, 03:29 AM

Okay, I installed another one because I have excellent time management skills () but more importantly because the MC works in a museum - hey that's me! And I have to say, I dodn't think they know what a curator is. They keep saying she's/I'm "just" one, when it's actually one of the highest rungs on the ladder. And if I had to guess I would say that they think it's involved more in the programming side of things, and not collections.
Also 5 he museum seems hella shady. Black market purchases? No museum can withstand that kind of accessioning without respectable provenance, even if it was a sturdy one, like the Getty. (The Getty had some problems a few years ago with art that wasn't authentic embarrassing them. Not the same, but a point of reference)

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-01-2015, 04:45 AM

Are you playing Love Letter from Thief X?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 AM

Yeah, that's the one. I'm not good with names :/

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-01-2015, 05:58 AM

Haha, I started that game, but didn't make it past the free chapters. I had the same reaction to the MC's job—"oh, this is neat, she's a curator...no wait, I don't think that word means what you think it means..." (It's one of Voltage's older games, when their graphics and translations were not as good.)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-01-2015, 08:05 AM

I wonder if the position might be different in Japan? Though it's really more likely they didn't do any real research into it. A character I wrote once was a curator. I read a lot of job posts trying to figure out what they did. Had to make the character older than I originally intended to give them some wiggle room to get the position at a big city museum. xD

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 AM

That's a long the lines of what I was wondering: it might have not translated well.
The black market thing is still a no-no, however.

If you are seen as a sort of prodigy or visionary in the museum world, you can move up the ranks quickly. We had someone at the Seattle art museum as a curator until recently, and one of my professors in my museum studies program shot up through the ranks in 7 years because of his approach to community engagement.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 03-01-2015 at 09:57 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-14-2015, 03:46 AM

I found this post-apocalypse otome game a while back, Aloners, and finally got around to playing it recently. (It's free, btw!) It was fairly short, I got through it in one sitting, but I really liked it a lot. I got sucked right into it, and honestly got pretty emotional about some parts of the story, particularly towards the end. Now I keep thinking about it at random moments too, and missing the guy. ^^

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Last edited by Chexala; 04-14-2015 at 03:48 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 AM

Aw. It's weird isn't it? We're getting increasingly better at at integrating the fictional into our lives. Our emotions are one of the first casualties.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-21-2015, 02:52 AM

Haha. I think I fully integrated the fictional into my life a long, long time ago—my first crush was on a fictional character.