Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2016, 04:22 AM

Erik blinked, his lips pursing for a second before he recovered. Looking at Javier's face helped. He looked so piqued and flustered at the same time that whatever plan he had before was worth it. "Is that so?" Erik asked. "He's the one looking flustered now." He shifted his arm so he could sit a little closer to Elliot, almost in his lap now, before pressing a kiss to Javier's cheek. "Was it worth it?" None of them noticed Jae slipping away.

On the stage, The band soared their way through the climax of their first song. The air was thick with energy and a small crowd cheered and rocked along with the beat. Misty watched them, thrilled by the very sight. She seemed to swell with the mood, her normal sweet disposition on hold. Instead, she wore a cheeky grin as she gazed out, already too consumed with the music to look for familiar faces. She'd save that for in between songs.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-23-2016, 04:36 AM

Elliot chuckled at the brighter flush that flooded Javier's face at the kiss, really it was quite cute, though Elliot knew Javier would smack him for saying that, while blushing even harder. He leaned forward and pressed a feather-light, teasing kiss to Javier's lips, "Really, why do you even try, babe?" he asked as he was pulling away.

Jae smiled as she danced along to the music that the band was play. It really was quite enjoyable to listen to, and she did appreciate that. The band name was still stupid though. But it certainly was something you couldn't forget. Plus, they all looked like they were enjoying themselves on stage.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2016, 10:08 PM

Javier's expression turned into a full pout as he swatted at Elliot's hand without trying to escape the touch. "Hey, no fair. You two are ganging up on me!"

Erik stared at him with a blank expression, before capturing Javier's hand. "Well....duh."

The music continued on as the trio continued to make trouble at their booth. Even the waitresses avoided them, not wanting to observe any of that from up close. The song spilled over into another and then another before the band finally finished their show. Some of the crowd continued to dance anyway, not the least bit bothered by the lack of music. Misty offered them a peace sign before catching Jae's eye. She'd noticed the girl dancing and hurried to jump from the little ledge that constituted a stage and say hi.

"Wow! You totally came huh. How was it?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-24-2016, 03:14 AM

Jae grinned at Misty, "Yeah, this was the perfect end to a stressful work week. And, oh, I guess y'all were alright," she teased, "I've heard better, but you know, It was something to dance to." she smirked,hoping Misty would catch the teasing in her voice. She didn't actually want to offend the girl. "Though the foreplay I had to sit through before I could dance, not worth it." she grumbled, thinking back to the trio.

Back at the table, the three of them had mostly returned to acting like normal human beings. They were just chatting and laughing now, though there legs were all tangled together under the table and they were definitely sitting closer together than was entirely necessary. Elliot was looking out towards the crowd, wondering if he could spot Jae and Misty interacting.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2016, 04:20 AM

Misty pouted at the tease and punched Jae in the arm for revenge, maybe a little harder than she had to. "Hey! Teasing is off limits tonight, kay? Because tonight is a good one." She didn't really mind a little here and there, but she had a short limit for such things. She was back to smiling in a second though, ignoring her bandmates still putting away their instruments and eyeing her at the same time. Lord knew she'd get hassled by them later.

"But what was this you were saying about foreplay? Do, do tell!" She had a bit of a gossip bug and liked to know the details, especially gritty ones.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-25-2016, 04:32 AM

Jae rubbed at her arm, scowling slightly at Misty, but decided not to comment. She had maybe deserved it just a little bit, but that didn't make her regret the teasing. Not that she ever did.

She rolled her eyes, "I brought the "trio" with me," she grumbled, "Which really was a mistake. The rest of them are sappy, but the trio, it's like everything they do is like a prelude to sex. It's more than a little uncomfortable to witness." she shrugged, "But I don't really want to talk about that. Do you need to help them?" she asked, gesturing to Misty's bandmates, or can' we go hangout?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2016, 09:49 PM

Misty glanced back up at her other bandmates. She probably should do her share, but she did more than enough for them most days. For a second, she hesitated before calling to them. "Hey guys, you mind finishing things up for me? Ah, make sure you use the red case though." She paused. "And put the right side in first." She felt a little guilty to pawn off work on them, but she also didn't want to turn away from Jae at this point. Even if thoughts of the work she wanted done perfectly made her waver, she was determined to ignore them right now.

"The trio? One of those was a friend of yours from before right?" she asked Jae with a short laugh. "I kinda want to see them like that now. My mum would probably enjoy seeing that. Horrible right?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-26-2016, 12:10 AM

Grey nodded at Misty, "Go ahead, I'll make sure these two idiots don't mess it up. You owe me a drink though," he commented, almost as an afterthought as he moved from putting up his instrument to put up Misty's.

Jae made a face, "I'll introduce you to them later, but really you really don't want to see it. Anyway, if we don't have to help them, what's say we go get a drink and just chat for a little bit, maybe even do some dancing."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 01:55 AM

"Kay kay!" Misty replied with a wave. She pouted at Jae, but decided to let it slide as she weaved through the crowds to get to the bar. They definitely should start there regardless of what other plans they made. "I'm way tired from the show, so let's dance later. I had work earlier today and that's always way rougher. My mum's a loon, but working in a law firm must be way easier on the back!" She rubbed hers for emphasis, really just accenting a frills on her shirt. It was a far more rockish design than her previous ware, but in antique toned floral print. She still wore her twin braids though.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 AM

"Hm, well I can certainly commiserate on stressful work. I don't know what you do, but I work as a pediatric nurse and it's stomach flu season. Lots and lots of sick children coming through the office. Makes long hours seem even longer." she smiled at Misty as she turned to order a drink. "So what'd you do?" she asked after their drinks had been placed in front of them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 03:16 AM

"You're a nurse?!" Misty exclaimed as he spun around, slapping both hands down on the bar in her excitement. Her blue-green eyes turned wide as she gaped for a second before recovering somewhat. "Ah...no. What I mean is, somehow that doesn't seem to suit you at all. I'm surprised since you're more a tough type...I thought. Maybe." She perched on a stool, seeming to ponder that. "I just work in a coffee shop so it seems pretty huge to me."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-26-2016, 03:26 AM

Jae laughed outright at that, "Ah well, turns out I'm remarkably suited for it. I don't let the parents push me around, but I love working with kids and giving them the best chance at life, even if that means giving them simple treatment." she paused, "I originally planned on working with adults though, but pediatrics called out to me and I went with it. Haven't really regretted it. I guess for you, working at a coffee shop is just biding your time isn't it. This band is your really dream, huh?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 09:29 PM

Misty found herself smiling. Even though she didn't expect it, she liked this part of Jae very much. It made her more....soft maybe. She bit her lip to hide the thought, guessing Jae wouldn't appreciate it. "Well, I think it's very admirable. I never thought I'd befriend someone with such a professional job like that. I'm a bit glad." She took her drink, swirling the straw in it a bit as she thought. "But you're right. Working in the coffee shop isn't really a job to me. It's always been the band, ya know. We all met some time ago and we've been playing at rockdom for something like a year. Seem like...it's been longer though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-27-2016, 01:41 AM

"Ah well, some of us can't open our own businesses or have big rockstar dreams. And it's not exactly like I fit the mold," she said gesturing at her hair. "And I spend a good bit of my downtime on parkour. My career may be a bit of the mainstream, but my life certainly isn't," she explain, not upset, just throwing it out there. "Well I hope y'all make it. I'm sure you have the right talent, but fate will hopefully be on your side too."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-27-2016, 03:08 AM

Misty shook her head. "Don't worry, I think it's a really good job for you. You don't fit the mold and do at the same time which makes you not fit the mold even more. Get it?" She chuckled a bit behind her hand at her words. "But thanks. I have all the faith in the world that the band will work out. Somehow, I've never doubted. Don't know why. Let me see you do parkour though. I used to skateboard myself."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-27-2016, 03:14 AM

Jae bit back a giggle at Misty's nonsense sentence, not entirely sure she got it, but knowing it wasn't important, "Well then I guess it's all about determination there then. Well, I'll glad show you sometime, Elliot owns the studio we run at and with skateboarding as a past, I'm sure you'll appreciate some of the tricks and stuff. Plus, I'm just completely awesome at it, so there's that too."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-27-2016, 10:00 PM

Misty nodded her head with an ever larger grin. "Oh, no doubt. If it's worth bragging about, then I have to see it," she hummed back. Even without seeing it, she could already imagine Jae. She doubted she could pick up skateboarding again, but the thought of parkour almost made her want to. "Just so long as it's not a super ghetto or grungy sort of place though. I just...I don't deal well with that kind of stuff." Half the reason she stopped hanging out with that crowd. She grew up, sorta considering she was a drummer. But they didn't.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-28-2016, 04:05 AM

"Hah! Elliot wouldn't even dare let it be. I mean it's in an old warehouse, but Elliot's got it fixed up nice, and honest I think it's gotten even nicer sense Erik showed up. The dude has money, apparently." Jae shrugged, "But no Elliot's always wanted it to be sort of a family establishment. It's partially a gymnastics studio, and you know parents won't bring there kids anywhere scungy."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 AM

Misty smiled at that, tugging on one braid as she listened. "Oh I see. That's very nice then." She just turned to arrange her drink perfectly in the center of her square paper coaster when her phone buzzed. "Sorry. Let me..." she mumbled as she answered the call. Even without looking, she knew the caller by the ringtone--some badly recorded singing duet. If Misty felt the least bit embarrassed about it, she'd blush like crazy now, but rather, she felt proud of the silly thing.

"Hey. Isn't it way past your bedtime?" she asked, her voice chiding, but fond. A smile slipped out as they talked, though the conversation wasn't long. "Yeah, it went well. They totally loved us...thanks. Seriously though, get your little tooshie in bed or you'll end up like me!" She paused, hearing something that left her face more serious. "I love you too. Bye."

Misty hung up, just standing there for a second. Then she remembered where she was and turned to smile at Jae in apology. "Sorry about that."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 AM

Jae eyed Misty curiously while she was on the phone, once she'd hung up, she asked, "Is everything alright? You don't need to leave or anything do you?" It hadn't sounded like there was any sort of issue, but it was obviously someone Misty cared about on the other end of the phone, so she wanted to make sure.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 PM

"Nah," Misty chuckled, a bit amused by Jae's concern. She didn't think she would have to take a call now in the first place, but then, it wasn't the first time either. "That was just my youngest sister. She's eleven and my biggest fan. Haha, or well, the band's biggest fan anyway." She ducked her head, looking sheepish for a second as she tugged on a braid. "I always tell her a show went great, even if it didn't. She shouldn't be staying up late like this, begging to hear when our next big break is gonna be. I haven't the heart to tell her we haven't gotten a break in a long time. It's just the same old, same old, ya know? Honestly, we've got no real backing..." She didn't know why she kept talking, but she felt she could say these things to Jae, no matter how short they knew each other.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-06-2016, 11:51 PM

Jae considered Misty, thinking it was sweet that she obviously cared so much for her siblings to protect her like that, "Ah but you'll get a chance. Weren't you just telling me you starting to be able to play in bars that are a little nicer. That's the start isn't it?" she questioned, not sure why she felt the need to comfort Misty. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with the seriousness, she asked, "So you've got at least one little sister, anymore? I'm the middle child, with two brothers. But then they both know I could beat them in a fight, so it's not all bad."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-07-2016, 02:27 AM

Misty chuckled a bit and nodded, but the serious mood had already gotten to her. Normally she was so upbeat, the most optimistic of the band. She made others gag with her unending faith in them, but she had her doubts. She'd never share them with the other members, so why did they have to come out now? Looking up at Jae again, she offered her best smile. "Thanks. I know it, but I still ended up saying things like this, eh?" She downed the rest of her drink in one gulp. "You've got brothers? Man, I don't know if I could deal with that, but I can see you beating them up. Please tell me they're way taller because that makes it better." She shook her head. "Both my sisters are younger--eleven and seventeen. We've got a big age gap, but we're all so close. It's great!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-07-2016, 02:47 AM

Jae reached out and patted Misty's shoulder, "Well, you'll always have me and my friends as guests at your shows if that counts for anything." Jae promised, not even sure why the words felt so natural, but not really being too bothered by it. Jae nodded in answer, "Yeah we're all really close in age just a year between us, so we might as well be like triplets. We fought a ton growing up. And well one of them is taller than me, but the other one is about my size, maybe a bit shorter. But I fight dirty, and they don't. So they never really stand a chance." She smiled, fond, but also a little proud of herself.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-07-2016, 04:06 AM

"Thanks," Misty hummed again, fearing she might blush if Jae continued to praise and comfort her like that. She wasn't a blushing sort of girl in the first place, so she forced the warm feeling down. Blame it on the alcohol. "That's awful. You sound like you were such a brat. Me, it was all about braiding my little sisters' hair or helping them put on makeup even though mum said they couldn't until they were older. We made forts and read fantasy books by candle even though we had flashlights. Almost caught the blankets on fire a dozen times." She shook her head with a fond smile before grinning at Jae. "Ah, but I can't imagine a brother shorter than you."