View Poll Results: how nice are you to noobs?
grrr... dumb noob go read a faq 42 18.83%
awww aren't you cute? you look so lost 190 85.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 PM

I don't even have a job yet. My parents refuse to let me get one until I graduate, they're afraid that my grades'll slip & whatnot.
Hell yeah I plan on trying to get as many as possible.

My parents would probably help if they could financially, but we're barely making it now, & I'm still going to be living at home so then I don't have to pay rent. *They have a rule that as long as I'm going to school, & I haven't moved out, & moved back in I don't have to pay rent. So as long as I keep living at home & going to school, I'm rent free*

=/ that's not cool about your parents. It went the same when my mom tried to go to college, but she couldn't make it financially so she ended up leaving after her first year.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM

O.O There are people here!!! A*dances yay!*
@ Miss Mad Hatter: Hey thanks for stopping by! Is there a nickname that's a little shorter that you like?
@ Fiz Thank you for keeping my thread alive! Even if I really am saving money for the event I still won't turn down anyone if I FINALLY found a seller.
Okay I gotta go for my first CLEP exam! Wish me luck if I pass this I'll have 6 credits under my belt without even havin taken a class yet!

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 PM

I only worked part time, and actually found my grades were better while I was working than when I wasn't. I didn't work any extra time though, only my regularly scheduled 25-30 hours per week.

I didn't get involved in any extracurricular activities either, though, because I didn't want to over extend myself. It's when you get involved with too many projects that your grades start to suffer.

If you're involved in any extracurricular activities, then I definitely would not recommend getting a job, or yes, your grades might start to suffer.

Well, my granddaughter should be getting home from school now, so I have to go. It was really nice talking with you :)

Edit: Oh, Bound Birdie! You caught me just as I'm getting ready to leave, hehe. Good luck on your CLEP exam! :) *huggles*

Last edited by Fiziali; 02-11-2009 at 07:05 PM..

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 PM

My parents wont let me do extracurricular activities or get a job. They're worried about my grades, yet... I've been taking AP & Honors classes & getting A's.
=] Alright. It was nice talking with you too.

@Birdie; You can call me really whatever you like. Maddie, Hatter, MMH... etc... haha

^.^ ALright, GOOD LUCK!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. <3

Bound Birdie

Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 PM

lol I like the acronym >.< All important things have acronyms for names.
Be glad you restricted from things like jobs. They are tring and demanding and you'll have to have one for long enough when your out of school anyway. Enjoy.
~k~ no more being distracted I can't be late! I'll be back soon! (ha soon more like a 4 hour test but hey)

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 PM

@birdie; haha. yeah. Blah. but I miss having a job. I only have one over the summer. It means I'll have spending monies! <3 But I have a few more months before I can get a job again. but at least I can keep this one. =]

Alright. :D Good luck!

Bound Birdie

Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 AM

Well at lest you get to have spending money at the same time that you have the time to spend it! Extra spending is nice, but it can be so rare to come buy *sniffle*

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 AM

Hello birdy. Party on~

Bound Birdie

Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Hiya Gab! Have you come to bump my lonely thread? *glomp*

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
Did you dye you hair blond?
No. Hairdye is like. $15. I don't have that kind of money.
Lord I'm poor. XD;;

Bound Birdie

Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 AM

Hair dye is expensive. and I have a LOT of hair so I always have to buy 2 to 3 boxes of dye to make sure o.O
aww don't feel bad kita I'm poor to.
But at lest your avi is super cute!
Have you picked a V-day team yet?

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM

@Birdie; Yeah, I normally don't have extra spending money, but really I don't have anything to buy. xD

So how'd your test go?

Fiziali

Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM

`Kitami, your avvie is just adorable :) I never dye my hair but my daughter likes to dye hers red and she spends a fortune buying two boxes of hair dye each time she does. Sad thing is, she has beautiful hair without even dying it, so I don't know why she bothers.

Wow, that's too bad, MMH, that they don't let you get involved in anything else. I wish I had extra spending money :P Not that I ever go shopping anyways. My shopping days are pretty much over, lol. Now I just collect pretty pixels, hehe.

Curious to hear how your test went as well, Bound Birdie. It's pretty awesome you can get some of your credits out of the way without taking any classes. :)

raszala
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:41 PM

hey ^^
i could sell you:
- atlantica paper fan (SP: 200 gold, MP: 140 gold)
- punked gloves (SP: 260 gold ,MP: 180 gold)
- ayumui's black top (SP: 500 gold ,MP: 350 gold)

i'd like to get 70% of shopprice
i'm going to look for the shopprices now ^^

EDIT: updated the prices
alltogether that would be 670 gold

EDIT2: accepted trade ^^
thanks for buying!

Last edited by raszala; 02-12-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Bound Birdie

Old 02-12-2009, 08:50 PM

@raszala : Figures as soon as I'm like "I should start saving my money for the event" THAT's when a seller finds me lol! Oh well I'll never pass up good commons when I can find them! Thanks

On my TEST: I think it went really well. It was a "timed" test for 3 hours and I finished in 45 min o.O so that's either a really GOOD sign or a really BAD sign. >.<
The Clep's are awesome (even though they sound like an STD...) it was a program designed originally for people that needed a degree to be promoted in a job. They already knew the material they just had to prove it. Then it became a good way for the people who were like 3 credit away from graduating to just test out of a course in a day rather then spending a WHOLE 'nother term. But I'm going to try to test out of the core's that I require to graduate that way I can take my time earning credits that sound really fun.

On spending money/ hair dye : It's sad but almost all of my extra money goes back to my work O.O I try only to buy things on clearance plus employee discount. So it's still a good deal ( 3 dollars for two boxes of root touch up) but I can't even really do that anymore w/ tuition T.T

raszala
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM

haha xD
and so i am
everytime i want to save my money i find sellers for the stuff i always wanted or something like that ! xD

Bound Birdie

Old 02-12-2009, 09:34 PM

The exchange is quite fickle isn't it? Oh well it's still better then the shops. I always am like "some could have used this gold" and then I feel bad. I like to do what I can for the economy, not to mention discounts are always nice!

Fiziali

Old 02-14-2009, 12:20 AM

Why does your money go back to your work, Bound Birdie? Are you actually already working in interior design? That's actually cool if you are, but I can understand then why it would all go back into your work, at least until you can build up a rapport for yourself, start up your own business, and start charging folks what you want to charge. Is your job an internship? If it is, that's awesome.

I think this will be the first event I have a decent amount of funds saved up for. That is, unless someone comes along and offers the St Paddy's Day set, in which case all my gold will go to that, most likely. I still need to use caution and not spend too much gold in the event shop, else I'll be questing the Paddy's Day set a while longer, hehe.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-14-2009, 04:13 AM

@Birdie; well I'm glad you most likely did good on your test.
Blah. It sounds like I'll be in the same position as you here soon. xD Starting college in August, & getting a job to pay for it.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-14-2009, 07:33 AM

Oh I wish! No I work at Walgreens right now, so I mean it is all stuff I need (well okay I don't NEED hair dye but you get the idea) So I suppose it isn't a horrible thing that I spend so much money there lol I call it job security! Plus I do TRY to only buy something when it's a really good deal, like bogo sales or clearances. So if I sit down and do the math I do save a bit of money shopping at my work, not to mention the convince.

@ MMH : See THEN you'll wish you didn't have to work lol >.< We only want what we can't have, and once we have it we don't want it anymore! It's not so bad though but on the other hand I'm only taking 2 classes at the moment and they are both easy peasy

`Kitami

Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
Hair dye is expensive. and I have a LOT of hair so I always have to buy 2 to 3 boxes of dye to make sure o.O
aww don't feel bad kita I'm poor to.
But at lest your avi is super cute!
Have you picked a V-day team yet?
I only need one box cause my hair still is rather short, but I like to buy the good dye so it stays in longer.
I know. We're all poor. x3 That's what I tell Gab, I'm like, at least we can be poor together. XD

Yeah, I just did earlier tonight. Pink hearts of course. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziali View Post
`Kitami, your avvie is just adorable :) I never dye my hair but my daughter likes to dye hers red and she spends a fortune buying two boxes of hair dye each time she does. Sad thing is, she has beautiful hair without even dying it, so I don't know why she bothers.

Wow, that's too bad, MMH, that they don't let you get involved in anything else. I wish I had extra spending money :P Not that I ever go shopping anyways. My shopping days are pretty much over, lol. Now I just collect pretty pixels, hehe.

Curious to hear how your test went as well, Bound Birdie. It's pretty awesome you can get some of your credits out of the way without taking any classes. :)

Thanks. n_n Was it the one that my niece made for me?
I liked it, but I had to change it for my Vday one (which unfortunately is still in the works -cough-)
That's what my mom says about me and my hair too. x3 I have this sort of light brown hair with golden blond highlights naturally. And I've dyed it black before (which in hindsight was SO NOT good but it was a goth phase) and then recently I dyed it copper, which was really nice. And now I wanna dye it bright blond. And she's like "WHY? D:" xD;;

Bound Birdie

Old 02-14-2009, 08:41 AM

KITA! I was wondering if you were gonna say hi >.<
You know kita if you want your color to stay in longer you should mix half the color with a leave in conditioner, it really gives color a staying power.
I don't really MIND being poor honestly, rich people kinda get on my nerves. I don't need tons of fancy stuff, and I can afford what I need.
I think she was talking about the one before it but THe one you have right now is super cute >.<
she looks so sad though...

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 AM

XD well when I am working I like it, when I'm not, I hate it. Weird?
So how are you?

Bound Birdie

Old 02-14-2009, 08:54 AM

lol I can't lie I do really like my job. It just kinda lame to have to be somewhere every day, and be able to be spontaneous.
But I suppose I'm doing pretty well, I'm a little annoyed with my avi ...
I REALLY think it would be cute to wear the purple iris to show support for my team >.<
But I haven ANYTHING much else that is any kind of golden,yellow color. So I just to the few things that I do have with that accent and just kind of piled them all on... o.O needless to say I'm not satisfied with the results. Any advice? Other then buying stuff? I really want to save my gold for the event, and honestly I don't really like yellow so I really don't want to buy something I would only where it this once.... I dunno it's just not really worth it...
hmmm

I like your's though... what's that Atlantic top your wearing?

`Kitami

Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Birdie:: I don't mean to snub you. T_T
My little brother keeps stealing the computer from me. Lol I accidentally got him hooked on this UniCreatures pet website. ><
Poor I wouldn't mind, as long as I can afford what I need. I wouldn't want to be filthy rich. If I had that kind of money, I'd want to give some of it away. But as of right now, my family is like poverty-poor and it sucks. ><
I think I want to buy a heart balloon for her, but I don't know if that would make her look more sad or less sad. xP I don't want to change her expression, cause that's the expression she always has, you just can't usually see it cause her hair normally covers it.

I'm so tired. :sleep:
-curls up in the corner-