Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-10-2015, 09:37 AM

It's a real book I promise!

Menelaus
Spartan Warrior Extraordinairé

Old 05-10-2015, 01:31 PM

wow, there are too many to list, but I'll give it the old college try anyway.

Mr Wolf's Pancakes. Mr Wolf wants to make pancakes but doesn't know how, and when he asks his neighbours, Wee Willy Winkie, Little Red Ridinghood, Chicken Lickin, The Gingerbread Man, and The three Little Pigs, they all tell him where to shove it. but he soon gets his own back when, upon smelling the pancakes, they all come banging at his door for a taste. lets just say, there was plenty of tasting going on after that.

Room On The Broom. about a witch and her cat flying through the night sky, and all the friends (and one enemy) they find along the way. its written in the poetic style of Rabbi Burns.

The Enormous Crocodile. anybody who knows their Roald Dahl would know this one, about a greedy crocodile who's constantly trying to eat the town's children, but is thwarted at every turn by all the animals he'd annoyed along the way.

The Tiger Who Came To Tea. I'm not even sure why I liked this book, maybe it was the realism of it being set in a normal everyday home in London, so I could relate to it. apart from the fact that no tiger ever came to my house for tea, then ate the lot, including drinking all the water in the taps.

The Hungry Caterpillar. everybody like a book that's fun to read, and teaches you a little about the cycle of life.

The Gruffalo. about a mouse who pretends he's going to have supper with a fearsome beast everytime one of the forest animals tries to eat him. but his beast is totally made up, doesn't exist, or so he thinks until he meets the Gruffalo.

Dick Wittington. was my all time favourite children's book. its based on a the true story of how a famous London mayor rose up from an orphaned childhood of poverty, and its the reason why I will always own a cat.

Green Eggs and Ham. say no more, this one speaks for itself.

lol, there are many more (I read alot as a kid) but these few here stick out the most from the first five or six years of my life ��

Last edited by Menelaus; 05-10-2015 at 01:34 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-14-2016, 02:54 PM

I don't even know where to begin when thinking about my favorite childrens books... I really loved 10 apples up on top when i was little. But now that i'm reading it to my kids i just don't understand why i loved it so much.

When i got older i loved.. oh what was it. It was a detective series about a boy who charged a quarter a case or something like that. Something about a notebook. I read them all the time.

I also loved reading books about ghosts and loch ness monster and aliens. It was one of my favorite shelves in the library. And it was in the kids section so i'm counting it as a kids book.

Going middle/high school and I really loved the Warriors series.

Avalone

Old 11-21-2016, 06:04 PM

I enjoyed the Pokey Puppy, Fox in Socks, Make way for Ducklings, The Little Bear book series, Each Peach Pear Plum, More More More Said the Baby, The Wonderful Marvelous Washing Machine. I liked Each Peach Pear Plum so well I had it half-way memorized, now all I can remember is the title and the fact that the three bears had to rescue baby bunting.

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 05-06-2017, 09:20 PM

I have two.. Battle below giltspur and dance of the midnight fire.. Its to do with irish tails good verses evil.. I love it

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-20-2017, 04:51 PM

I used to really love Rainbow Fish and Where the red fern grows as a kid. Dr. Seuss books and Little Golden books were also big in my house. I used to really like the Pokey Little puppy.

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 01:34 AM

Maybe Alex Gino's "George." It's about a transgender elementary school student. I only read it for the very first time this year, since things like that weren't around when I was a kid, but I really enjoyed it. It was unrealistic in that it painted being transgender as a 100% problem-free, easily-accepted situation, but that's the way it should be so it gives me hope for the future. In the future, I want kids to be able to come to terms with who they are without fear of being judged. I want their friends to accept them as they are. I want their parents to love them unconditionally. And I want their schools to treat them with dignity and respect, rather than make their lives more stressful and difficult.

On my mind lately has also been a book called "Frosty" about a husky pup. I read it when I was a kid but it was a book that had been thrown away by my elementary school so it was beat up. I have no idea where it is now because for some reason it never ended up on the bookshelf with all my other books that my parents and aunts bought me. It may have been left behind when my family moved one time so I've been thinking about rebuying a used copy on ebay or something.