Aaawhyme
The Almighty One: Pekoe!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 PM

Has anyone read those amazing books?
WELL OF COURSE YOU HAVE!
Flippen best books ever, if you ask me!

My favorite book so far is Homeland... or Exile but its a hard choice. I love how they are so dark and everyone is so dang evil! Well except Drizzt and friends! Haha.

I don't think I've ever been so in love with a book than I am with The Legend Of Drizzt series. DRIZZIT IS AMMAAZZINGG -squee-

>.> and yes, yes I did just do a fangirl squeal.

So what are your thoughts on the books? What is your favorite book and who's your favorite character?

All the characters are so unique! GAH!! I LOVE IT! LOVE IT TO BITS!

Knightess
The Lady Knight

Old 09-27-2009, 10:27 PM

I haven't personally read these books but one of my friends has and she loved them. I'm considering reading them in the future, but I've got some stuff I want to read first...

Aaawhyme

Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM

Oh I highly recommend it. When you read it, you'll wonder where the book was your whole life! xD

AishaLeigh
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to AishaLeigh Send a message via Yahoo to AishaLeigh

Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 PM

i have the first three books of the legend of drizzt all complied into one book but i haven't really read it. i started reading the later books first before getting that one. i do know that i do like drizzt and kattiebre.

Ginger Knight
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-30-2009, 04:56 AM

I have 17 of the Drizzt books. Amazing series that I loved from the very first word of the first book. Currently I am on The Thousand Orcs, I have slowed down my reading because I am in college now. But as soon as I find the time, I will definitely pick it up again. Which book are you on right now? And as for my favorite character, I would have to say it is the main character himself, Drizzt Do'Urden. I find him to be a complete mystery, though well know all at the same time. I feel like I know so much about his character and then something new pops up. I can't help but love it.

Aaawhyme

Old 10-09-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Knight View Post
I have 17 of the Drizzt books. Amazing series that I loved from the very first word of the first book. Currently I am on The Thousand Orcs, I have slowed down my reading because I am in college now. But as soon as I find the time, I will definitely pick it up again. Which book are you on right now? And as for my favorite character, I would have to say it is the main character himself, Drizzt Do'Urden. I find him to be a complete mystery, though well know all at the same time. I feel like I know so much about his character and then something new pops up. I can't help but love it.
Drizzt is my favorite character of that series as well and his mysteriousness is what I love about him too! I am on book seven ... I sadly can't remember the name of the book. >.> I'm too lazy to go upstairs. xD lol.

Kwenda
Send a message via Yahoo to Kwenda

Old 10-09-2009, 01:18 AM

I never really got into them until my boyfriend reintroduced me to the series, several years after I'd read Exile, Homeland, and Sojurn. Now we've read almost every book related to Drizzt. ^.^ They are rather awesome books.

Catti-Brie
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Catti-Brie

Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 AM

The best books ever!!! I own all of them; just got The Ghost King. *points to username* my bf game me my nickname back when were 15 and I have kept it :D

Miss Macabre
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Miss Macabre

Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 AM

Ah, I love Salvatore's Drizzt books<3
The characters are all fascinating and deep. Drizzt himself is awesome, but I do wish he kept some of his drow evil. Just a teeny bit. Too-good characters like Drizzt can get on the annoying side. In fact if his personality was on anyone else I'd probably hate the character.
Zak'nafein, Guenwhyvar, and Jarlaxle will always be my favourites.
Oh, and let's not forget Entreri >:3

mihosama
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 AM

Have read Homeland, Exile, Sojourn,The Crystal Shard,Streams of Silver, The Halfings Gem, the Legacy, Starless Night, Siege of darkness, and am working on Passage to Dawn. I love them so far I think there are 7 more books for Drizzt Do'Urden. At least so far There might be more in the future.

twilight_goddess
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-09-2009, 03:27 AM

i havent read them but i bought them for my cousin and he is suppose to let me read them but he wont let the first one go ^_^;

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 AM

I read the Dark Elf Trilogy and like the first chapter of Icewind Dale. School and other equally time consuming things took my time away from reading them. But I did really enjoy the books. They're inventive (even given the fact that he plays a bit on AD&D) and extremely well written.

I also love the comics. They might be much shorter versions, but it's fun to see how artists see the world and the characters and discover what they think think are the most crucial parts of the books.

Last edited by Erailea; 10-09-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwenda View Post
I never really got into them until my boyfriend reintroduced me to the series, several years after I'd read Exile, Homeland, and Sojurn. Now we've read almost every book related to Drizzt. ^.^ They are rather awesome books.
I've read the whole Dark Elf Trilogy, Icewind Dale, Legacy, Starless Night, and I can't remember the sequence after that, I remember reading Seige something and Spine of the World.]

I thought it was sad what happened to Drizzt's biological sister Briza.( I think that was her name)?

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I've read the whole Dark Elf Trilogy, Icewind Dale, Legacy, Starless Night, and I can't remember the sequence after that, I remember reading Seige something and Spine of the World.]

I thought it was sad what happened to Drizzt's biological sister Briza.( I think that was her name)?
Drizzt had 3 sisters, Brizza was the oldest and meanest of them all O__o He was raised by the youngest of them.... can't remember her name, but I think it started with a 'V'

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erailea View Post
Drizzt had 3 sisters, Brizza was the oldest and meanest of them all O__o He was raised by the youngest of them.... can't remember her name, but I think it started with a 'V'
Now I'm curious, I will have to look it up now. I loved Drizzt's father, I almost cried that he didn't make it and the Zincarla in Exile with Drizzt's father was so sad. Yea Briza was a bitch, and I'm glad she got what was coming to her for doing away with the main matron of the house.

@Miss Macabre ~ Zaknafein was one of my favorite characters, but I really like Regis, he's so funny, kind of like the comedy relief in the story.

ExplodingPocky
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM

I just started reading the first book and am hooked already.

Miss Macabre
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Miss Macabre

Old 10-09-2009, 11:03 PM

@Erailea - The name of the sister who raised him was Vierna

@Kole_locke - Ah, such is the way with overweight halflings, it seems xD Regis is amusing, I must agree.

Well, what happened to Briza wasn't exactly deserved, I mean she was only doing what any drow priestess would do. Killing one's own matron mother isn't that big of a deal when considering the benefits. Such is drow life.

Poetrygal93
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 10-10-2009, 09:31 PM

what are they about?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Macabre View Post
@Erailea - The name of the sister who raised him was Vierna

@Kole_locke - Ah, such is the way with overweight halflings, it seems xD Regis is amusing, I must agree.

Well, what happened to Briza wasn't exactly deserved, I mean she was only doing what any drow priestess would do. Killing one's own matron mother isn't that big of a deal when considering the benefits. Such is drow life.

Vierna, I think was the biological sister of Drizzt. I think Regis played a very interesting game in "The Halfling's Gem" book, he lost a few fingers and a lot of pride. Matron Do'Urden was just as cruel as Brizza, so yea, I guess you're right on that point. I like how Catti-Brie and Drizzt have a spiritual love that goes deep despite her feelings for Wulfgar, a very intriguing love triangle indeed.

TakinMeOn
* The Wolf Girl *

Old 10-13-2009, 03:02 AM

A new friend of mine just lent me the Dark Elf Trilogy and I'm on about chapter five in Sojourn right now. I had never even heard of these books before and now I see/hear of them everywhere! Good thing he will be able to keep me supplied with books until at least Christmas.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinMeOn View Post
A new friend of mine just lent me the Dark Elf Trilogy and I'm on about chapter five in Sojourn right now. I had never even heard of these books before and now I see/hear of them everywhere! Good thing he will be able to keep me supplied with books until at least Christmas.
Yea after that one then you will need to read the Icewind Dale Trilogy which comprises of "The Crystal Shard" book one, "Streams of Silver" book two, and "The Halfling's Gem" book three. Then, "The Legacy" which is not really part of a trilogy, it is a story that of which stands alone. Another sequel titled, "Starless Night" then the list I can't seem to quite remember from then on. I'm sure you won't finish those five books because each book is quite long. If you do, there are at least another three but I can't remember the titles.

TakinMeOn
* The Wolf Girl *

Old 10-14-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
Yea after that one then you will need to read the Icewind Dale Trilogy which comprises of "The Crystal Shard" book one, "Streams of Silver" book two, and "The Halfling's Gem" book three. Then, "The Legacy" which is not really part of a trilogy, it is a story that of which stands alone. Another sequel titled, "Starless Night" then the list I can't seem to quite remember from then on. I'm sure you won't finish those five books because each book is quite long. If you do, there are at least another three but I can't remember the titles.
I'm really going to try and finish them, I read pretty quickly and have no life, so we shall see what happens.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinMeOn View Post
I'm really going to try and finish them, I read pretty quickly and have no life, so we shall see what happens.

Well don't rush through them for there is so many little details to pay attention to and easily missed subplots. Don't say you don't have a life just because you don't go party and get drunk with your friends or socialize constantly, you are just spending your time a bit more peacefully doing what you like ;)

Krendanya
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM

I have read the Legend of Drizzt books, I enjoy the first one most of all. Because he is constantly being tested and almost always bests those he fights and impresses the unimpressable. I always feel bad for him though when he gets punished for not submitting to drow society.
I have also read a few other R.A.Salvatore books but I find that he is just not my kind of author, although I do get a hankering for his books occasionally. They are too good to put down forever.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendanya View Post
I have read the Legend of Drizzt books, I enjoy the first one most of all. Because he is constantly being tested and almost always bests those he fights and impresses the unimpressable. I always feel bad for him though when he gets punished for not submitting to drow society.
I have also read a few other R.A.Salvatore books but I find that he is just not my kind of author, although I do get a hankering for his books occasionally. They are too good to put down forever.
My favorite out of the trilogy (Dark Elf) was Sojourn because it's the good bye to his old life and hello to his new life kind of thing. He braves his way into a new frontier while discerning all the myths and legends he has learned while living in the Underdark in Drow Society. His partnership with Guenevyar is awesome. A ferocious panther to aid you in battle is so awesome. I like the new blind hunter friend he makes while living in the forests once he surfaces on the surface world and that's where he learns to become a ranger.