*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-17-2011, 10:33 PM

I like the idea of manga and stuff but I don't know how to read it and stuff... ^^;
Anyone mind helping me out?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 AM

If you can read the english language manga is usually read from right to left, top to bottom on the panels. That is if it's in it's original layout. If not then it'd be like reading other english language comic books or korean manhwa.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Also if the Manga is in the original set up, you'll start at the 'end' of the book, if your looking at it like a western comic.

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Well I read Manga online and find that no matter which way I read it it's still confusing.

cae
길을 잃어...

Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 AM

It just takes a bit of practice. ^^
If anything, you should try and looking up a short guide on how to read manga.
Many different countries have different types of reading styles when it comes to comics. For example, if you're looking at a Korean coming, they generally are read from left-to-right, like an english book. For Japan, they are read from right-to-left.

missdark
The Biggest Sailor Moon fan ever...

Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Do you read regular western comics? It helps if you read comics in general. It took me a while but yeah like others have said just takes practice and really when you are reading it will start making sense. You just got to try it and you can do it for free at the library. Doesn't cost much.

Cuddlymoon
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM

Japanese Manga: ;) :)

I usually pretend the boxes are all words, so you would read it right to left all the boxes at the top of the page no matter what length or width, then jump back to the right side after you read the end of the page and repeat.

That's the simplest way I can explain it. Korean/American manga is from left to right but has the the same gist. If your still confused I would just see what makes sense. :) :)