AarinsRitsuka
Sweet Dream or Beautiful Nightma...

Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Ever heard of it? I think it's really rare to see it around now. I've seen all of the anime for it and I enjoy it and I own the very first book in the series. I say I love it especially the darkly awesome Dr. Muraki. I can't really express how much I love it.

How about anyone else? Thoughts and comments on it?

RavynneSidhe
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-16-2011, 09:16 PM

I watched it a long time ago. It was one of my favorite anime and manga at the time. I loved Muraki even though his laugh scared me.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-18-2011, 05:14 AM

I remember reading it quite a few years ago, though I only got to around volume 10 or 11 because after that, it was banned from our country.

Adrastiea
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2011, 06:17 PM

I watched the anime and I've read the first few chapters of the manga quite a while ago. I really liked the series... this thread makes me think of trying to track it down again so I can read it. It was one of those series where I genuinely liked all of the characters, even the "bad guy".

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 AM

I've seen the anime series and read a little of the manga. I remember really liking Tsuzuki. ^^

Since I had forgotten about the series, I went to look up to see what became of the manga...kind of surprised it was put on hiatus for so long. @_@ I was kind of hoping there was an ending so I could get some closure on that series.

@飛段: W-wha? Banned? O_O

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Yeah. I asked about it to a friend who had bought the series on when the next volume would be out, and she told me that it was banned. Had a 'wft?!' moment there. :gonk: Not entirely sure if it was really banned, or if she was just messing with me though...

Blueeyes
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Blueeyes

Old 01-15-2012, 05:43 PM

I loved the anime...though Muraki just freaked me out. That is one INSANE dude. But he was awesome at the same time. Hisoka is soooooo cute! I don't really have anything to say about Tsuzuki though... o.o

Dibba

Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 PM

My school library as all the published books of the manga. I read them all. I went online to finish reading it, but it didn't get a proper ending. It just stopped. Does anyone know if it has an ending?

Regarding the anime, I've never seen it. I really like the manga though.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-07-2012, 03:34 AM

I love the manga. I've got all the ones that are out so far.

According to Anime News Network the series went on hiatus in Japan back in 2002. o.o In June 2011 she finally started working on it again. So it's likely we'll see the manga start cropping up again here in America.

I think I watched one episode of the anime but I kind of stepped away from it because I didn't think it compared very well to the manga. I tend to prefer manga better anyway.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM

Yeah, found out later that it had went on hiatus. I heard that the mangaka injured her hand. There was a huge difference in the drawing style between the 11th volume and the 12th, the change was so huge that I could barely recognize the characters...I much prefer the old style. The new style was just...blah. :no: After the 12th volume was released the series went on hiatus again and so far there hasn't been any news or updates on it in years.

Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM

I really like it. The anime was just fanservice mostly -- the manga is a lot of that, too, but is also a lot darker and has a lot more plots in it. Right before she went on hiatus, she had drawn a... really, really gory scene, so bad that they had to censor it. I'm so delighted that she's finally picking the series back up after so long! Her style has changed a lot, and I'm not sure if I like it more... now it just feels more generic?

Eh, either way... I really do like it, but the manga was a bit much for me at times. I need to reread it.

I'm also the kind of person who latches onto characters who suffer in silence behind smiles and have really, really messed up pasts. So, of course, Tsuzuki is my bro for the series. He's my favorite character, though I also do like the others.

Muraki legit creeps me out.

Last edited by Mimiroppu; 07-10-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 AM

Haha, Muraki's among my favorite characters.

The other one being the snake guy whose name I don't know in English.

Yeah, the drawing style's become a lot more generic, and just doesn't look right anymore.
If the drawing style's going to stay that way from now on I'm not sure if I want to read it anymore. A big reason why I liked it so much was because the story and the atmosphere and the drawing style meshes together so well. If one of them changes, it changes the entire feeling to it. (or at least, it's like that for me)

A really really gory scene? You mean the one at the end of the 11th volume? I don't recall it being censored... How was it censored, exactly?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM

Oh, I didn't know it ever came back from hiatus, hm. I watched the anime and really liked the artistic style of it, so I got a few volumes of the manga, which I wasn't as into. Might try reading it again for the very fact that the effort was made to bring it back, and to see the differences. Actually come to think of it, I wanted to know more about Tsuzuki's sister...