3MPTY V01D
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 PM

Hey you guys! V01D here!

I LOVE anime, and I was wondering which shows YOU GUYS have seen because I'm running out of episodes! Also, if any of you need ideas, here's a list of anime I've seen:

Currently, I'm watching Naruto Shippuden and Date-a-Live (the latter which was a pretty big jump from my norm). Also, I'm re-watching Fairy Tail. I've seen:
-Code Breaker
-Black Butler 1 and 2
-K (which was RAD!)
-Moribito
-Naruto
-Soul Eater
-Fruits Basket (which was cute but not a lot really happened)
-Blue Exorcist
-The Devil is a Part-Timer (which was actually pretty funny)
-Ouran High-School Host Club (which was pretty lovey-dovey and awkward)
-Fullmetal Alchemist, Brotherhood, AND the movie! (I even sang the theme song for a talent show! Dorky, right?)
-AND... Corpse Princess! (DO NOT watch this in the dead of night like me, the animation is freaking creepy. But I loved it!)
PLEASE KNOW that this is just MY personal opinion-- if you have another opinion, that's fine! Thanks you guys!

Pumpkin Queen
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2014, 11:44 PM

Bodacious Space Pirates!!!!!!!!!!

It's such a good show, i've only just started watching it but i'm enjoying it so much !!

I've watched a next to all the animes you've put down. Aother good one is Attack on Titan. Yoy may have heard about it, it is really good. I started watching it and what do you know, 3 full nights of just watching AOT, I was finished.

3MPTY V01D
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 AM

Whoo-hoo! Thanks, Pumpkin!! I'll check those out right away!

Pumpkin Queen
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 AM

All good, I tell all my friends about Attack on Titan. Have you heard of it before?

3MPTY V01D
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM

No... what is it about?

Pumpkin Queen
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Attack on Titan is a bit gory and a heart tugger. It's about a world which has become inhabitated with giant 'titans' which eat the humans which have an army which fights against them, It's about two children who witness something (no spoilers) and become part of this army to fight against the 'titans'. SUCH AN AMAZING ANIME/MANGA!!

Radil

Old 07-23-2014, 03:12 PM

Well, since you like shounen, might want to give Inazuma Eleven a try. It's pretty good, it's about a junior high soccer team who are trying to become the best in the country. But you know with special moves like fire dragon shots and hypnosis. It's a really fun ride to be honest.

Not sure if you like mecha, but I can recommend King Gainer. It's really good, with one of the catchiest themes I've heard in a long long time.
You can also head back into older anime, alot of them are amazing, but people get put off by the older art sometimes.

Pumpkin Queen
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM

Inazuma Eleven, gosh, I remember that one. I use to be full blown into it. Did help that it planned on Cartoon Network in the mornings. It's definitely another good anime. What else is there..? Hmmm

Lady_Yasaman
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 AM

.hack//Roots
.hack//Sign
Ao no Exorcist
Bleach[including all of the movies save HellVerse and the musicals]
Kuroshitsuji[Black Butler, so far just on season one but have all to date including Musicals]
Big O
Cowboy Bebop [including the movie]
Chobits
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Durarara!!
D.Gray-man
Fullmetal Alchemist[orignal and brotherhood, and. . . The Conqueror of Shamballa movie]
Gurren Lagann
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG
Hetalia: Axis Powers
a bunch of the Myazaki movies
Inuyasha [and one of the movies]
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
Kekkaishi
Love Hina
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Ouran High School Host Club

well... i could go on but the list is quite long. . . though the list of things i have to watch is almost three times that size... and im ALWAYS up for suggestions from others!

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 07-26-2014, 06:48 PM

Seconding Pumpkin's Attack on Titan recommendation. Seems like it would be right up your alley, OP.

Anyways, I've seen a lot of anime, but I'm just going to list the stuff I actually liked in no particular order:
  • Mnemsoyne: Daughters of Rin
  • Red Garden
  • Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners
  • Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA
  • Puella Magimadoka Magica
  • Trigun
  • Trinity Blood
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex / 2nd GIG
  • Ghost in the Shell (movies)
  • The Big O
  • Magic Knight Rayearth
  • Fushigi Yuugi
  • Ceres: Celestrial Legend ((manga was better, but I liked the anime well enough))
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Angel Beats!
  • Chrono Crusade
  • Blood+
  • The Girl Who Leap Through Time
  • Princess Monoke
  • Monoke
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
  • Millennium Actress
  • Witch Hunter Robin

Odds are I've forgotten a few dozen.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-04-2014, 05:54 AM

I've watched way more anime than I could possibly list here, so I'm just going to throw out some recommendations based on what you've watched. Things that might be similar to it or that I just really enjoyed. :)

Black Butler: Book of Circus is currently airing, so I definitely recommend that for you. Though you have to keep in mind that in order to watch it and not lose your mind, you're supposed to pretend that everything after Agni's appearance in the first season doesn't happen.

Things that are like Code Breaker, probably quite a bit if you go with the supernatural/powers angle. This season there's a show called Tokyo ESP, about various people getting mysterious ESP powers which they then choose to use either for good or for ill. I think Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei or The Irregular at Magic High School has a similar sort of vibe. It's about kids at a magic high school, but mostly focuses on one guy with rather extraordinary powers that he must hide for various reasons. Zetsuen no Tempest might also fit the bill. It's got mysterious powers, world destruction and intrigue. This one is complete, while the other two are still ongoing.

Things that are like K. I think you might get the same feeling of confusion and camaraderie out of Durarara. It's a twisty journey, but it's fun. There's also Baccano, from the same people, but I didn't like it as much. Your mileage may vary. Natsume Yuujinchou would probably fit here and in the above category. Natsume's ability to see spirits alienates him and leads to him being shuffled around from relative to relative. The story follows him getting to know some of the spirits and making friends. The art is nice and it's cute. There are three seasons of it too.

As far as shoujo goes, like Fruits Basket and Ouran, there's a ton. I loved Skip Beat, just wish that the anime lasted more than one season. It ended just when it was getting good. The manga is still going and I definitely reccommend it. Kimi ni Todoke is one of my tops as far as adorable school romances go. It's about a girl that resembles the ghost from the Ring and is thus very isolated. It's about her gaining friends and love and it's adorable. There's also Special A, about a girl out to beat her male rival and there's all sorts of goofy hijinks and love and stuff. Toradora is another one of my favorites. A guy with a scary face makes friends with a tiny terror named Taiga. Life will never be the same for any of them.

I think that's a good chunk of reccs to explore. Hopefully this was helpful!