HELP ME MOVE ON :]
Send a message via Yahoo to 3re"peh

Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 AM

ahihi :] just asking ! i hope i gave you a good topic :]

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 02-06-2010, 03:07 AM

9 times out of 10 the manga tends to be superior. Manga goes into more details about the story and characters and it tends to be drawn better. Anime is more often then not rushed and shortened.

LostMarbles
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-06-2010, 06:58 AM

Not to mention you have more time to stare at the beautiful art. X3 Though I'd say it's 50/50 to 70/30 in manga's favor. I like manga for the convenience of having it on hand to look at whenever you please. However, even anime versions of my favorite manga can be excellent. Each has it's pros and cons.

Lethargie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM

Manga, definitely.
but then, i like reading over watching TV.

Kitt
Poet Laureate

Old 02-07-2010, 02:33 AM

Usually I prefer the manga, just because I can get through the story faster, but sometimes I find that the manga art is sort of...heavier than the anime art (hopefully you get my meaning) and it's just easier on the eyes to watch the anime. It also depends on the voice actors. I generally prefer anime in the origional Japanese with English subtitles just because the English dubbed versions have awful voice actors and that can totally ruin it for me.

AgnesGloom
*^_^*

Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 PM

I like both equally, but the size of my manga collection would have you think otherwise.

20FacesChizu
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to 20FacesChizu Send a message via MSN to 20FacesChizu Send a message via Yahoo to 20FacesChizu

Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Depends. I love anime because of beautiful scenes, like the acrobatics in Kaleido*Star, or the battle scenes in D. Gray-man. When they really nail it on choosing a seiyuu, it sometimes even IMPROVES your original impressions. But often times, manga is better in the story department- they completely ruined both Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne AND Full Moon wo Sagashite by turning them into anime. There were good elements, sure, but they totally killed the story lines. On the other hand, there are things like Saiunkoku Monogatari where I actually like the art of the anime better than the manga, and the plot line is still relatively the same. So... it's really just depending on the studio, etc. ^^;

toxicsugar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2010, 04:31 AM

I don't know. That's like asking: "What's better? Tv or reading?"

It really depends on how visual of a person you are. Yeah, manga has nice little pictures like a comic so it's easier to picture this all taking place, but with watching a show, you get to watch the characters literally come to life. You also interpret things differently when you see them play out (tone of voice, a joke you didn't catch, etc).

And as for which I prefer (anime/manga) it really depends on the series. I've flipped through some really dry manga only to really like the show. On the flip side, I've really liked how some manga was drawn/the layout/whatever only to have an anime version of it stink due to censorship/not having enough airtime to include everything/an animated show conflicted with the unique layout of the story in the manga version (ex: Ouran Highschool Host Club would have little side notes and arrows to alert readers of things in a humourous way. Though in this case, the anime did a really decent job at preserving this.)

jragonprincess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Both.

fatalrain
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to fatalrain Send a message via MSN to fatalrain Send a message via Yahoo to fatalrain

Old 02-13-2010, 12:21 AM

I watch a lot of anime, but I collect way more manga
so...I think I'm gonna go with manga :D

LenGe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2010, 04:03 PM

Manga is released earlier than it's anime and is where most anime's come from. Anime's can be more exciting because you can see the fast paced fights but there are sucky ones with lazy animators who have the character only move after every five minutes. My pick is anime.

Yori-senpai
Happiness subsides, but frustrat...
Send a message via AIM to Yori-senpai Send a message via MSN to Yori-senpai Send a message via Yahoo to Yori-senpai

Old 02-14-2010, 12:33 AM

Anime!!
Mostly because then you can make the outfits and use them for cosplay xD

sunshinebug90
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 AM

Manga is my preference, but, I enjoy watching the anime so that I can see the action. Manga can only give you so much... A snapshot of a moment, but when you watch an anime, you can see character XYZ jumping up into the air and killing the monster and watching the blood splatter...
But, I find that the manga always goes into more detail. Much like books v. movies/tv. You can only cram so much information into that time slot, so you cut out all of that background prose to pack in as much action as you can!

Kuro-ma
Kuro-ma
Send a message via MSN to Kuro-ma

Old 02-16-2010, 04:43 AM

I would say manga because when they go and turn it into an anime, it's usually ninety percent filler (D.Gray-Man is a perfect example) and the story is shoddy, full of holes, and has been changed to match aforementioned filler. Sometimes the anime is indeed better then the manga (Princess TuTu is another good example). However, as far as anime that was, indeed, originally anime, that is debateable because Escaflowne was epic as an anime, but the manga that was made after sucked while I prefer the manga version of Blood+.

mintdiesel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-16-2010, 02:57 PM

I love both; it just depends on the mood. I generally like to read the manga first, as it gives more backstory, but seeing it in action is awesome, too.

Carnehil
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Carnehil

Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM

I prefer manga, sometimes I dont like voices in anime or it's hard to find some of them subbed (sometimes dubbing can kill - great example = polish Naruto). In manga my only problem is - when will someone translate next chapter from japaniese to english..

Wyndi Ayr
Child of the Wind

Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Ooh, an easy question- hurray ^^

The Manga's better. Almost always. In so many Anime I've found that the story lacks what the manga had... that the anime has less depth... less meaning.
Also, as previously stated by too many people to quote, the manga is more often drawn better. As an artist- abit a poor one- I appreciate that.
Especially since it was the first thing that drew me to manga/anime. The beautiful combination of the written word and art, that is.

Jareth Dallis
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM

Manga definitely. If they start making Anime too early you get the infamous fillers upon fillers that drive you crazy!

DemonRhye
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 AM

I prefer anime over manga. Although the manga answers more questions and goes deeper into the story than the anime, but I prefer to watch over read.

`Fallen
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 PM

I personally prefer manga over the anime because I like having the story right in front of me to read. To me I get more lost in the Manga then I do the anime. I do like watching the anime though. For some series it's just easier then reading all 100+ manga.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 PM

Manga is usaully better because it has more stories and extras, plus most of the time its the orginial story, while anime can be good some producers screw up the story, cut the series short or just change the whole plot of the story. :/

Ryuujadie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 AM

I'd have to say Manga is better, because it gives a more in depth view of the story and the art is usually better than the anime version. I still like to watch anime, but have to agree manga is a bit better.

parcae

Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 PM

I'm more of a fan of manga because it allows me to look at the art a lot longer and really focus in on the details, which is my favorite part about the anime/manga world: the art, the details, the color. Yes, storylines are important to me, but if I really like someone's art style then I am definitely going to read the manga, way before I look at the anime.

Also, it depends a lot on which I see first if we're talking about a specific series. For example, I first saw Ouran Host Club as an anime, and I do prefer it over the manga because I think that the anime's artstyle is more attractive for the show's basis. Or if we go with the manga FAKE, I prefer the manga by a whole lot, because the anime (the OVA) doesn't stick completely to the storyline, and the anime's characters are much less detailed than those of the manga, whereas I believe the characters of FAKE need to be detailed to convey everything in the story.

Blah, I just babbled, lol. Sorry~ :]

parcae

KaoKitty
I need me some chicken fried ric...

Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 AM

I like manga mostly just because I like reading but if you're asking which is better it kinda depends on whether your asking if the anime or manga version is better or if you're asking which one we like better

alot of times the manga is better just because in the anime it tends to just stop while the manga continues on usually till it kinda has a decent ending but again some times it depends
I became rather frustrated with Descendants of Darkness when I watch the anime then read the manga and found out there was more and now I can't find the books anywhere arrrrhhh!!!

Okay I'm gonna stop before it turns into a rant of hate lol

Tanaie

Old 02-25-2010, 02:07 AM

I'd have to say Manga personally.
In my opinion I feel like I get to know the character better, it's more intimate.

Although Anime is still awesome. :3♥