silenttiger43
I have nothing to declare but my...

Old 05-08-2010, 11:23 PM

"Well who's to say a lot of others weren't faced with the same choice?" Sarah replied, sitting next to her, "I think that's kind of how the King of thieves came to exist... the outlaws needed a leader."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu
♥ The Queen of Hearts b...

Old 05-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Asima didn't say anything, though it was clear she was thinking of this. After a moment, she finally nodded. "I can see that...How do you know who to trust and not to trust in a world like this, though? Why decide to have such terrible rules for the King? Like the only way to become the King is by killing the old one...This society could be much more peaceful if stupid things like that were taken out of the picture..."

silenttiger43

Old 05-08-2010, 11:35 PM

"I don't know all the details" Sarah admitted, "they were made up a long time ago, by people who are long dead now. I suppose certain things like that are neccisary though. If it was all one family passed on and on, then it would end up being just like the pharaoh and that's something people wanted to avoid. And if the King had to appoint someone to pass it onto, what would happen if he never got the chance? This way, it could really be anybody, anybody who really wants it"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Asima nodded, "I guess I can see that. But then, someone violent who simply wanted the power could take it...They should have made some more people, to keep the King;s power in check..." She gave a tiny smile, shaking your head, "But it's no use worrying about what was, is it? Tell me, is their someplace I could take a bath?" Just because she enjoyed working to fill her stomach and to know she could succeed, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the pampering offered here.

It confused her a bit, she'd expected Malum to have her running errands or matters like that. Instead, she'd been brought here, and Malum hadn't intended to use her for that. Had he really agreed to the deal, to sit back and take care of her..? Asima didn't understand much of that either, though she supposed a bottle of perfume and a few dresses were worth the help her presence was to his life. Though, why the people would follow whom she chose, also confused Asima. They had mocked her and laughed at her. Asima shook her head. "This is all so confusing..." She muttered aloud, sighing once more.

silenttiger43

Old 05-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Sarah laughed lightly, "Yes, you tend to deal with a wide variety of people here. Some people are nothing but power hungry monsters, and some people are really very sweet and trustworthy. Some wish the King of Thieves ruled all of Egypt, and some only want to go back to their lives under the pharaoh." she stood and stretched, "You can have a bath here, help yourself."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-08-2010, 11:58 PM

Asima nodded, glancing at the female. She stripped and slid into the water washing quickly. After a moment, she laid her head on the side of the pool, tracing tiny furrows in the stone. The month would surely be done soon, what would happen then? Her best bet would be to lure Malum to Nemiah, and let her brother take care of him, or lead her brother here.

Or...she could take care of Malum if he called on her again. He had slept in the room with her. Sleeping next to him would make it even easier. She didn't want to kill him, but she truly needed to get her priorities in order, and her brother had to come first, no matter what oaths she had taken.

Once her skin was wrinkled, Asima stood, drying herself quickly. She borrowed another dress, not bothering to select a nice one, and not bothering to do her hair nicely. The male had made it quiet clear he didn't care either way. She bit at her nails, nervous. She finally approached Sarah once more. "I was thinking...with everything you told me, I don't really want to be wandering the streets unarmed when I go to see the pups tomorrow. Is there a place I can get a tiny weapon here?"

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 AM

"This is Frodan" Sarah giggled, "you can get anything here, but it's always safest to travel in groups. Still, if you like something I can go with you to find it in the morning."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 AM

Asima hesitated, thinking. It was doubtful Malum would call for her tonight. She nodded, gratefully. "I'd enjoy that. Thank you." She moved behind the female, toying with her hair gently, "May I?"

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 AM

"Only if I get to play with yours after" Sarah grinned, "your hair is so soft!"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:26 AM

Asima touched her hair shyly, a blush touching her cheeks. "Thank you, and I don't mind. I've missed this." She giggled, starting to play with the female's hair. She continued, until Sarah's hair was piled on her head, tiny tendrils curling down to frame the woman's face. She stepped back, viewing her work, before nodding.

"All done...Where do you come from, Sarah? You're name doesn't sound Egyptian..." Asima asked, adding quickly, "Not that I think it's a bad name, I'm just curious."

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 12:34 AM

"I, um, I'm actually of Hebrew decent" she replied, turning to play with Asima's hair now.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 AM

"Hebrew...You're...a slave?" Asima glanced back at her curiously, before facing front once again, "Is that what Malum helped you with, then? You are an escaped slave?"

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 AM

"I was a slave" she corrected, "thanks to Malum, I'm not anymore. Here, everyone is equal, it doesn't matter who you were, everyone starts off on equal ground. Even women can have the chance to do some things that men do"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:41 AM

Asima felt her chin rising, the haughtiness that had been shoved into her since birth rearing it's head. "Slaves are not people. You don't have feelings like we do. How can you be equal?" She wasn't meaning to be cruel, and having never actually talked to a slave, only knew what she'd been told.

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 12:53 AM

Sarah stopped, Asima's hair slowly slipping from her fingers. For once, her smile faded from her face, "... You're partially right... we are not equal, Asima, but it is you who does not have feelings. How could I ever have thought you would be any different from those heartless beings" she pulled away from Asima.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 12:58 AM

Asima's eyes widened, and she stared back at Sarah. "Of course I have feelings. Who exactly are you comparing me to?" She folded her arms, staring at the girl. "And how would you know whether I have feelings."

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 01:06 AM

Sarah rounded on her, a glare as deep with hatred that could rival a god's. "And how would you know I have feelings? If you injure me, do I not bleed? If you break my heart do I not cry? Do I not smile when happy and exact my revenge if betrayed? Who are you to say what someone is and isn't, simply because they have a different background from you?! I am HUMAN, as are all of my people, so do not delude yourself that we are anything less, simply because it makes you feel better for causing us pain and suffering. So if you dare insinuate any differently again, I will kill you."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 AM

Asima had backed away from the female, lifting her hand to her mouth. Her chocolate eyes widened, before her hand dropped and she lifted her chin. "I know because it's common knowledge, Sarah. Some of the lower classes may not understand, but my father made it clear to me: You can't be trusted, because you aren't people. You may bleed, but your heart doesn't get broken. That's like saying a camel bleeds, but loves as well. How dare you get mad at me for stating the fact." Asima balled her fists at her sides, glaring back at the girl, "I'm not insinuating anything, just stating the fact. And I don't cause your people pain and suffering. You bring it upon yourselves." She repeated.

Last edited by Kyuuketsuki_Kisu; 05-09-2010 at 01:20 AM..

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 AM

Sarah stepped forward, pulling a small dagger out of her outfit somewhere and aiming it directly at Asima's throat with uncanny skill, "It is people like you that destroyed my life before coming here. People like you who killed my family, everything I ever knew before. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat." she hissed furiously.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:26 AM

The female glared at Sarah, "Because I didn't do any of that."

(Sorry it's short...*Points at Asima* Kill her! Kill dah racist beyotch!!!!
>.>
<.<
Oh...wait...don't kill her...v.v)

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 01:31 AM

"But your people did" she hissed, "and according to you, one is the same as all their people. You lump us together as nothing, so why should I treat you any differently from the cowards who ruined my life? From those worthless Egyptians who worked my father to death, who raped my mother and laughed at her screams. You do not stand against it so you may as well have done it yourself."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Asima's eyes widened as Sarah told a bit of her story. She shook her head, "I never said I wasn't against that. I don't think our people should mingle like that. It was wrong of them. And I never said people are the same as their kind, simply that you aren't a person. You shouldn't be treated as if you are people, but you shouldn't be abused either." She looked away then. She'd always been told slaves didn't have feelings, though Sarah seemed pretty angry right now...Was this one more confusing item to be thrown at her? She groaned inwardly, her thoughts on the knife at her throat. She should probably encourage Sarah to do that, it would save Asima so much strife.

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 AM

The knife pressed against Asima's throat a little harder, only to be suddenly pulled away by the other girls. Jessrah forced the blade from Sarah's hand, "that's enough" the girl demanded, "do you forget where you are? You can not just kill someone here without severe consequences." she glanced at Asima, "even if they are being ignorant."

"Ignorant?!" Sarah snapped, "Try insensitive, stupid and heartless!"

"Sarah-" Jessrah began, only to be cut off.

"I'll kill her! Let me go! That bitch deserves to die!" Sarah struggled furiously

"SARAH!" Jessrah exclaimed, then sighed and forced her away to the other side of the large room to talk her down.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 05-09-2010, 01:59 AM

Asima flinched at the words, and watched the reactions, before turning and slipping from the room. She leaned against the doorway, unsure of what to do. She was very confused, everything she'd been taught being turned upside down. Slaves with feelings, thieves being good people.

She slid down the doorway, bringing her knees to her chin and sniffling slightly. She wanted to go home, curl on the large bed and wake up knowing this was all a dream.

After a bit, the princess stood, wiping her eyes. It didn't make any difference. No matter where she went she was simply a nuisance, underfoot, and complicating matters. She began moving, unsure of where she was going. She found herself on Malum's outcrop soon, watching the people in the city. She'd been a fool, to ever think she could be Pharaoh. It was clear she wasn't enough for the job, and she was a fool to think she could make this on her own. Placing her head in her hands, she continued contemplating, unsure of what to do.

Last edited by Kyuuketsuki_Kisu; 05-09-2010 at 02:07 AM..

silenttiger43

Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 AM

"Something tells me, you've just had a dose of reality" Malum commented as he came up next to Asima and leaned against the railing. The night air blew his white hair across his face but he didn't bother trying to push it back.