SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 AM

Now I feel like watching Beauty and the Beast...lol I think I'll go download it x3

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 AM

Yeah-- I definitely always loved Belle for her love of books. The only real reason it's not my favourite is because of the theme of the story-- which kind of sucks.

But the music was epic! and I love all the servants!

Angelwings0071
The Biology-Music Double Major :...
Send a message via MSN to Angelwings0071 Send a message via Yahoo to Angelwings0071

Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 AM

I LOVE the servants! They make it so charming! ^_^ But it seems like I might be able to out and see a movie tonight, so I am gonna peace out. TTYL

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 08-10-2011, 02:13 AM

Title: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Author:Thomas Hardy
Genre: Vaguely Gothic Victorian Novel
Plot: A young woman becomes both a victim and antagonist of Victorian mores.
Why You Love It:It's very much in keeping with the Victorian literature I love, and the asides that Hardy works into the plot on the human condition are profound.

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Happy watching!

I was supposed to go see a movie with a friend of mine tonight-- but then she took a shift at work so we're gonna go next week-- unless we're working. @.@

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 AM

Sovie- I rather like the theme! At any rate, it's got a better message than a lot of the other princesses. :lol:
And it has some of the best songs, I think! :3

Any plans for what movie you're gonna see with you friend?

See you later, Wings!

Sesshy- Hey you! And good plan.

Biggles- I JUST BOUGHT THAT BOOK
LIKE A FEW WEEKS AGO
I'd never heard of it before but it was two bucks and a classic so I thought "Why not?"
So not I think I'll likely bring it on vacation with me, now that it's got a recommendation from you. I'll go put it on the front page!

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 AM

Hey Iltu ^^ How are you?

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 02:31 AM

I think I've heard of that book before-- It was on my vague to- read list!

Yeah-- see-- I've been too exposed and now I can't quite think of it as wholesome anymore. @.@

Well-- we've been wanting to either see Winnie the Pooh or Captain America-- we figure we'll just go to the one that's most convenient. -nods-

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:36 AM

I wanna see Captain Americaaaaaa :drool: xD

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 AM

ikr!! He's kind of delicious...

Iltu

Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 AM

Sesshy- I am pretty good, thanks! And yourself?

Sovie- Sounds like a good plan! I wanna see both of those movies. But Captain America I only really care about because I care about The Avengers. Love Thor and Iron Man! :heart:

Well guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but it's time for me to take a shower and then try to get through the rest of Absalom Absalom! once and for all. I'll be back tomorrow morning. :) Good night!

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:41 AM

@Sovie: Vurry delicious :drool: xD I'm gonna watch Iron Man 2 in a bit though 8D

@Iltu: I'm good :D Okay see you laters! ^_^

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 AM

Byeeee! -blows cupcakes after-

i. k. r.??? -swoons-

I'm also looking forward to the Avengers! I loved Ironman and Thor! Chris Hemsworth can lift up my hem anytime! -giggles-

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:49 AM

Haha same 8D But wait, the Avengers? :O Sorry, what's that? ><

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 AM

It's a movie that's coming out! ^^

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 AM

I've known about it for years but never got around to reading it until now. I've got a passion for classics (and crossing them off my to-do list), so I'm pleased I got around to it. And I was delighted to find that I really enjoy Hardy's writing style as well. I'm looking out for his Jude the Obscure now.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 AM

@Sovie: Ohhh okay, I don't think I've seen it advertised yet ;o What's it about?

I guess I could just look that up...xD

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 03:47 AM

It stars some comic book heroes like Thor and Ironman-- that's why they've been coming out with all those individual movies lately!

PS, sorry about the late response-- I was watching Sabrina... ;p

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 AM

THORRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And I still really want to see Capt. America.
>_>
I feel like such a happy nerd with each new comic movie that comes out that doesn't suuuck.
:D

Sovie, I used to watch that show all the time! O_O

Sovie Kays
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 AM

I love all the comic movies!

They all have such yummy stars! -smirk-

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 AM

@Sovie: Ohhh it sounds cool! I'll watch Thor when it comes out on DVD, it looks amazing :drool:

The Enchanted Tiara
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 AM

I love to read and I also love to write. =D I write almost every day. Don't have any book recommendations currently, but hello everyone!

Iltu

Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I've known about it for years but never got around to reading it until now. I've got a passion for classics (and crossing them off my to-do list), so I'm pleased I got around to it. And I was delighted to find that I really enjoy Hardy's writing style as well. I'm looking out for his Jude the Obscure now.
I went and read the first page of it, and I found I quite like the writing style as well! I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm not sure I'd call it a passion (my passion lies more in the realm of fantasy when it comes to books!) but I do enjoy classics. Even when i don't enjoy them, it's worth it to be able to say I read it and have an opinion on it.

It was my goal to read a bunch of classic and/or very famous books this year. So far, it is not going as well as I would have hoped.
Jude the Obscure is one I have heard of. I've been wanting to read that, as well as The Return of the Native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enchanted Tiara View Post
I love to read and I also love to write. =D I write almost every day. Don't have any book recommendations currently, but hello everyone!
Hello, fellow writer! Sorry I missed you last night, but I hope you come back. Lots of people who enjoy writing in this thread!

And now, I am off for a while. I've got to workout, and then I really am going to finish Absalom, Absalom! IF IT KILLS ME. And after that, I might read another book or go hang out with a friend or come straight back here. See you guys this afternoon or evening!

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Yup. I started reading the Werewolf Upstairs last night, buuut I was super tired, and so got two pages in and then went to bed.
^^;;

I can't remember the last time that happened. Oh well. So I'm going to finish Chicks Ahoy today, and hopefully WU as well.
Plus I have various errands to do. Blech!

Though, my cousin is coming in from Colorado tomorrow morning, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Hope you all are having decent days as well~

Iltu

Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM

YES. I finally finished Absalom, Absalom! Only took me, oh, THREE MONTHS.
But it really was an excellent book, not quite as great as The Sound and the Fury, but still very, very good. Lots of interesting twists and turns, and it made it very clear as to how Quentin's mindset and actions in the Sound and the Fury came to be. I might have to make it a personal goal to read all of Faulkner's novels by the end of next year.

Skrae- That same thing happened to me last night. :P Two pages, then time for sleep.
Aw, have fun with your cousin from Colorado! My cousins and aunt from Utah just visited about a week ago.