fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 PM

So, how was everyone's seder? See your family? Gotten sick of matzo yet?

Just want to wish a Happy Passover to those who're Jewish here on Menewsha, and here's to the day we can eat corn syrup again!

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM

I'm atheist, but... Happy Passover to those who celebrate it.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

In my religion of Wonderism, we do not, unfortunately celebrate Easter. T-T;

Though...according to Southpark, I now know why we hide the Eggs.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Im not jewish but i love me some matzo! Almost wish i was so i didnt feel odd buying and making it xP :x Teh peoplez get mad at me for stealing all the nice yummy balls of it outta teh pot!

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzkitteh
Im not jewish but i love me some matzo! Almost wish i was so i didnt feel odd buying and making it xP :x Teh peoplez get mad at me for stealing all the nice yummy balls of it outta teh pot!
My university has such an active Hillel community - I totally forgot it was also Easter this weekend. I had Mazto Ball soup for lunch the other day because the cafeteria had it. It was super salty, but I hadn't had it in awhile.

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM

• Lets get Kosher, bebe.

Kylie
The Original Angel - Member 620

Old 04-05-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
In my religion of Wonderism, we do not, unfortunately celebrate Easter. T-T;

Though...according to Southpark, I now know why we hide the Eggs.
Exactly what DO we celebrate on easter then?

If our religion considers Rabbits Sacred...

Erk...right-e-oh...

I personally am confused with why exactly we color eggs and hide them as we do. As I've said before. I'll simply follow Southparks story, as it...so far, makes the most sense.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Quote:
My university has such an active Hillel community - I totally forgot it was also Easter this weekend. I had Mazto Ball soup for lunch the other day because the cafeteria had it. It was super salty, but I hadn't had it in awhile.
Mmmm sounds yummy. Its kinda hard to find around where I live. we have such a small jewish community here. Hell we have a small community period. <3 Good thing theres a specialty food shop the next town over -ninja-

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Quote:
Mmmm sounds yummy. Its kinda hard to find around where I live. we have such a small jewish community here. Hell we have a small community period. <3 Good thing theres a specialty food shop the next town over -ninja-
Yeah, it's fun until about the third day when everyone's just complaining that they can't eat pasta, haha.

Ise
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Ise Send a message via MSN to Ise

Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM

I swear, school makes me forget all holidays, considering I don't get breaks for them >3>

Happy holidays to those who celebrate ^^ I'm agnostic, lol.

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-05-2007, 10:09 PM

I miss Seders. T_T
But a happy passover to you! ^.^

RivekAilinar
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to RivekAilinar Send a message via MSN to RivekAilinar

Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Yay! My best friend is Jewish!

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM

• /luffles on Rivek/

c0rpse
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM

Wiccan Myself, but Happy Passover To you and every other member as well!

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 AM

im not jewish but happy passover to you to :3

Ai Ai ~chan
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Ai Ai ~chan Send a message via MSN to Ai Ai ~chan

Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 AM

I have no idea what matzo is but happy passover to everyone anyway <3333333333333 LOL

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-06-2007, 03:15 AM

I went to a Messianic Seder on Monday night and it was incredible - my first one, but something I hope to repeat from now on. Matzo's unleavened (no yeast to make it rise) cracker-like bread. My husband loves the stuff! And yeah for Matzo Ball soup! I've always just bought it at the regular grocery store.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-06-2007, 03:47 AM

Yeah, Jews are awesome, lol. XD

The story behind mazto is passover is when God sent the plagues to Egypt to make the pharoh free the Jews. Finally, Pharoh did, and the Jews had to get out as quickly as possible, so they didn't have time to let thier bread rise - they just baked it and let it come out flat - hence, matzo!

astica
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM

matzo?
I'm used to calling it matzah XD but I guess since it's actually a transliteration from hebew, both are right?
It's so weird to see people calling it matzo XD

Anyway.
Of course I'm tired of matzah! It takes great going in, but what's with the after taste? XD
I tried getting chocolate matzah (SO good) except all the grocery stores ran out D:

Folken
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Matzo is good. My little old jewish lady friend makes it in bulk and gives it to people. xD

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Lol. It's spelled 'matzo', pronounced "matzah". XD

*puts on a Yarmulka, lul.*

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 04:32 AM

So, is anyone her eon Menewsha actually Jewish?

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 PM

I have one thing to say.

I WANT BREAD!!!!! AND NOODLES!

All right, that was two, but whatever.

I am so sick of matzah it's not funny. And there's two more days of it!!!! Why oh why can't I convince my parents to move to Israel???

My stupid sister is there for the year and she was just bragging to me how she only had one seder and will be able to eat bread tomorrow night...

And it can be spelled matzo, matzah, or matza. Or 'the bread of affliction'. Pick your favorite.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 AM

Gah, worst part about passover- no
pasta!
Lol. I'd be scared to move to Israel. My friend spent a summer at Tecneon (spelling?), though, and made a dancing robot.

Lol. Bread affliction.

KirbehIshCute
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to KirbehIshCute

Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Happy Passover to you too!

=D I don't celebrate it, but it sounds wicked cool.