luvsailoromance

Old 01-03-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaggerated Rebellion View Post
I forgot Clannad existed... I wouldn't call it the worst in a sea of bad animes based on VNs, but it's definitely one of the most stereotypical ones, from what I remember. I never bothered to watch Clannad: After Story, though.
I did. In clannad the after story: SPOILER In Clannad the after story the male protagonist sees what life would be like if Nagisa died because she's always been so weak.

He realizes through their daughter that he misses and really loved Nagisa. Then he realizes that it was all an illusion and she survived the birth of their daughter. It makes him appreciate her a lot more end the end and any affection he had for anyone else is put quietly to rest.

---------- Post added 01-02-2014 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I never saw Clannad... been tempted to, but if it's actually bad... maybe I shouldn't...

If you're going to watch Clannad please watch Clannad the After Story. It closes off a lot of plots. Personally I liked it.

Top 10 Most Hated Animes: not in any particular order

1. School Days: I have seen another anime with a same plot but with a different end

2. Bokura Ga Ita: I have no affinity for this. This is also like an anime I have seen in which the male protagonist girlfriend dies in the hospital but that doesn't give him the right to be such a jackass. "pardon my language"

3. High School of the Dead: Really? must I go in to ALL the reasons I do not like this?

4. Vampire Knight: Sorry for those who absolutely loved it. I lost interest after the 1st few episodes

5. Bleach: read comment #4 I tried to hold interest but it just wasn't there..."

6. Real Bout High School: Uh what happens when they no longer go back and forward? Does Kazuma falls in love with her? What happens to the dragons that still plague the other dimension? How she did she get the necklace to go there in the first place was never explained? none of these were sufficiently (if ever) explained.... etc, etc, etc... read comment #3

7. Maid team: I like an idiot brought the box set. a complete waste of money and time. it takes nearly all episodes just to get them to fight and then the final episode ends and he just wants a true smile... uh right.

8. Jubei Chan Secret of the Lovely Eye-patch: A comedy until you get to the last two episodes. She fails to see or care how she changed lives positively. If you see this anime at the store with the box set. SAVE YOURSELF MONEY AND JUST GET THE LAST DISC if you must get it.

9. Green Green: Sorry for those who liked this but I obviously didn't

10. I Love My Younger sister: Beyond anything I hope to never ever set eyes on again. I kept thinking. Something else is going to happen. something else and this story is going to get along. Such as he'll warn his friends that he likes her and not to treat her bad. something ANYTHING but this.

This is my opinion and that ends it for my tirade of the top 10 most disliked animes for me

Last edited by luvsailoromance; 01-03-2014 at 03:10 AM..

Nerosity
Kiddo

Old 01-03-2014, 04:09 AM

Bleach.
It was good at first, but it got so repetitive and boring.
I think I stopped watching at around the 240th episode.

TricksterJANE
(ノ◕ヮ◕)...

Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 AM

I disliked Naruto, to long, to dry, way to many episodes.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 01-04-2014, 10:24 PM

@ Sailor - Woah that's quite a list...
It's interesting how some people hate something and other people love the exact same thing. A curious thing isn't it?

@ Nero - I gotta agree, it got very repetitive.

@ Jane - Well it sure had a lot of episodes that's for sure...

Sleepy Anarchy
Mad King - Sass Queen

Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Not sure if I said this already, but...
Roasrio+Vampire.
It's so bad, It's the only anime I know of that I flat out deny ever watching.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Anarchy View Post
Not sure if I said this already, but...
Roasrio+Vampire.
It's so bad, It's the only anime I know of that I flat out deny ever watching.
I think I mentioned this one earlier in this thread, I will admit to having watched the first couple of episodes before the cringeworthy perverted and very unnecessary fanservice got too much for me...

And I'm someone who enjoyed Golden Boy, because even though it was also very perverted it was done in such a way that it was hilarious and a way to show the protagonist's perverted nature...

Now then, the first series of Jubei-chan is one of the two DVD anime sets that I have...it was silly and the sequel was a continuation of the silliness. It's not the best anime by any means and I only have it because it was a gift...but I wouldn't consider it worst by any means...

I've seen parts of Vampire Knight...and if it follows closely to the manga, then I'd probably say I agree with not particularly liking it...shame because the artwork is so beautiful, the story is just tragic and not even in the 'oh this is such a tragedy sooo sad' but just tragic unfortunate story that is very overrated.

Arialys
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cator93 View Post
I don't remember the name of it, but it involved a boy who had a perverted crow that fused onto his arm to make a cannon.
Jing, King of Bandits/King of Bandit Jing (it can vary).

I rather liked it though..

My most dislked anime is also one that I can't remember the title of, possibly because it was so bad that I couldn't finish it: It was a movie of some sort that started off with a bunch of girls in diphanous togas suggestively hugging trees in order to develop psychic powers. The hideous dubbing didn't help either.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 AM

I didn't mind King of Bandits Jing either...I thought it was quirky and interesting because of that...for some reason one particular part that struck me as very odd and interesting was the part with the production line where there was a cycle of assembling and dismantling whatever they were creating...it was a never-ending cycle...

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-15-2014, 09:20 PM

I find I can't watch anime with bad graphics and art. The story can be terrible so long as the art's good. But if the art is bad... nope, I just can't watch it. I just started watching Blue Exorcist and I cannot get into it. The art is driving me crazy! One Piece is another one I can't get into. Now, obviously, there's more influencing me than art. That would be genre. If the art and genre don't align to my liking, I can give that anime the boot. But that's just me.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 01-15-2014, 11:30 PM

I may prefer certain art styles, but if the story is good it doesn't matter to me.

Nyvok
Alpha Demon

Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
I find I can't watch anime with bad graphics and art. The story can be terrible so long as the art's good. But if the art is bad... nope, I just can't watch it. I just started watching Blue Exorcist and I cannot get into it. The art is driving me crazy! One Piece is another one I can't get into. Now, obviously, there's more influencing me than art. That would be genre. If the art and genre don't align to my liking, I can give that anime the boot. But that's just me.

This is about how I feel about anime. If the graphics and art aren't up to my standard, I find it hard to stay into it. Like wise, One Piece is an anime that I just cannot get into. The anime I found the hardest for me to stay into though however was Code Geass. I just couldn't follow it for some reason. I thought the art on some of the characters was pretty cool, but just the general plot didn't stick with me. Other than that, most anime I have seen, which isn't a huge list to be honest, are pretty good. :)

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 03-23-2014, 06:57 AM

SD Gundam Force it was so horrible. it sound so bad when it is was on Toonami but I so can't stand DBZ and Naruto.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 03-28-2014, 01:21 AM

There's this anime movie a friend of mine gave to me. It's from '82, so I guess this was to be expected, but it was GOD AWFUL. It's called Thunder Prince, and it was laughably bad. Like, when watching it, my sister and I were literally laughing at how bad it was. It made zero sense and the voice acting sounded like the same guy reading off of a piece of paper for different characters. There would be scenes that made you think, "Was that really necessary?" or "What was the point of that?" and it was all around very strange. It had a very typical 80's art style, and a lot of the character's bodies looked disproportional. We had a good laugh about that as well. Here's what the cover of the DVD case looked like:

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 03-28-2014, 04:50 AM

O_o

I have a copy of that in my DVD collection!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 PM

@ Star - Like how I am with the old Godzilla movies. They were hilariously bad, seeming to turn into more of a comedy instead. Making it awesome. XD

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-05-2014, 01:39 AM

Haha...the Blob is the most hilarious horror film from the 80s...for similar reasons as the Godzilla movies...especially when the alien human consuming blob shoots from the sewers and splats onto the road with probably its next victim on the road....

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 04-05-2014, 04:30 AM

There's an animated movie from Hong Kong made in the... 60s? 70s?... probably the 70s. Anyway, it's called Tales of the Chinese Gods, sometimes just Chinese Gods. While it's not the [b]worst[/b[ movie I've seen by far, it's pretty messed up and lulzy. I'm hoping that someday, the guys at Rifftrax get ahold of it, because I think it's fodder ripe for riffing.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Remakes are always interesting at the least. Wouldn't hurt right?